It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 172
<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: WeDemBoyz

Yeah, the things Prigozhin is saying are getting whackier and whackier as far as being against the party line. However, if he keeps a bodyguard of his most loyal troops around himself, it'll be hard to fall out a window. Although a bit of Novichok vodka or a polonium Piroshki could still do the trick. Bet he does take a Geiger counter to anything he eats.

I'd stay out of planes and helicopters, and have a fleet of motor vehicles to choose from -- and keep them guarded at all times.

If he wasn't such a butcher of his own men, Ukrainian prisoners, returned Russian POW's and likely civilians as well, I could almost get to liking the guy. He comes off as a man of the people.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Related to my post this morning...

BREAKING

Prigozhin said that the Russian Armed Forces launched a missile attack on the Wagner PMC camps. "A huge number of our comrades died, we will decide how to respond to this atrocity" - Prigozhin

Video of the aftermath: twitter.com...

"Russia is on the verge of a military coup" - Girkin

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Wow! I bet he's not best pleased.

Whatever next?

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeDemBoyz
Related to my post this morning...

BREAKING

Prigozhin said that the Russian Armed Forces launched a missile attack on the Wagner PMC camps. "A huge number of our comrades died, we will decide how to respond to this atrocity" - Prigozhin

Video of the aftermath: twitter.com...

"Russia is on the verge of a military coup" - Girkin

twitter.com...

Thieves falling out amongst themselves.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

edit on 23-6-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: Paywall!

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Prigo's earlier comments make clear he understands what was really going on. Good bet that many of the other high rollers are equally well informed.

They set sail with Putin regardless. Now the seas are rough.

I wonder if the purported missile attack on the Wagner camp was payback for contradicting the nonsense pushed by Putin's regime.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

That was interesting. I have to disagree with him though that NATO should commit to joining the war if Russia blew up the nuclear plant.

To be clear, that would be a dangerous and crazy escalation by Putin. I just don't think we should box ourselves in. I would make clear that that's a possible response, but not commit to it being the only one. Surely such an action would have to face tougher repercussions than just more token sanctions from the West though.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

we will decide how to respond to this atrocity" - Prigozhin

breaking news, Volodymyr Zelenskyy recived a text message today it read,

Mr President,
i need a job
i'm outa work
and need to make a pay back
Prigozhin

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I've been reading and watching various reports over the last couple of days.

It would seem that Ukraine is doing serious damage to Russian positions. Unless i read it wrong.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Ukrainian "Bakhmut Demon"

"The leftovers of Wagners on the outskirts of Bakhmut opened fire on the regular roads of the Russian Federation.

Our assault brigades see everything, systematic strikes are now being carried out on the positions of the Russians.

You would hear the radio broadcast of these *** now.

The impression is that part of the Russian regular troops are killing their own, and it seems that part of the military is supporting Prigozhin. While it is not clear what is finally happening, it is a bloodbath"

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

I've been reading and watching various reports over the last couple of days.

It would seem that Ukraine is doing serious damage to Russian positions. Unless i read it wrong.

There was a thread a week or two ago about how the Ukrainian offensive was a failure. While I don't take everything Ukraine puts out at face value, it was certainly too early then to call it a failure. We'll have to see if they continue making progress and whether they can hold on to whatever they gain.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have no regard or respect for Prigozhin, he's supported Putin's unnecessary invasion blindly and at times quite brutally.
But he seems to be speaking some harsh truths at the moment.

Now I don't know whether he's had some St Paul like epiphany, he's just had enough of the lying and the duplicity or if he's making some sort of power play - possibly a bit of all - but its undeniably a remarkable about turn.

Further echoes from WWI.
Not only has the war itself turned into a WWI like conflict but as I warned early in the invasion Russians themselves would get sick of the pointless war and they will turn inwards.
Back in 1917 it resulted in revolution, the overthrow of the Romanov's and years of Civil War that saw The Bolsheviks victorious. (I know WWI wasn't the only contributory factor but it played a massive part).

Prizoghin's statements suggest there may be hope for the future but we have to be mindful of the lessons history teaches us - when such power vacuums and brutal infighting occur the eventual winners can sometimes be far worse than the defeated.

But first things first; the invaders need to retreat to the previously agreed borders and the killing stopped.
edit on 23/6/23 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Good to see you my friend.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

So, are you saying Prizoghin didn't say any of this and that he's satisfied with the way The Kremlin has been running the war and the way the Oligarchs have free reign and control in Russia?

Don't get me wrong, this may well be a bit of a stretch....but there's no denying his discontent and that there is significant infighting going on at the moment, or is that all Western propaganda and everything is hunky-dory?

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Straight from the horses mouth.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
How it started...

Russian state media and telegram channels banned from mentioning any of Prigozhin's statements

twitter.com...

How it's going...

"While watching Russian TV channels, Prigozhin suddenly appeared on the TV and the playback of his speech began" - Russian TG channels

twitter.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Wonder what the usual suspects will say in response to that?

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: alldaylong

Wonder what the usual suspects will say in response to that?

Something we have all heard before no doubt.

posted on Jun, 23 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's hotting up.

Russia accuses Wagner chief of urging 'armed mutiny.
The head of Russia's Wagner mercenary group is being investigated for inciting mutiny after accusing the Russian military of a launching a deadly missile strike on his troops.
Yevgeny Prigozhin said the "evil" in the military leadership must be stopped and vowed to "march for justice".

www.bbc.com...

top topics

<< 169  170  171    173  174  175 >>

join