It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Weapons Designer: “Magic Weapons” To Prevent Taiwan Independence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Do you really think the US is going to use its entire navy?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter

www.strategycenter.net...

aha.

Read your own quote, looks like the AM general is doing some explaning on the go. C'mon, if he is so "mad" about China copying, why not just stop selling the equipment to China?

Think about it, the only reason he is denying it now is to please people like you into thinking that America doesn't supply arms to China. He has virtually given permission for the Chinese companies to produce the vehicles by not doing anything about it.

Hey, if you can supply F-16's to Pakistan, and Stingers to the Mujahadeen, supplying Humvees to China isn't that hard to swallow.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by rapier28]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Uncle sam can sit on his finger and twirl. The boat left a long time ago? What are you talking about? Taiwan is a province of China. There has been a long history of colonialism but China has just and legitimate right to claim it as its own.

JiangGaiShi led his people to failure in a civil war. They have no rights to claim land and annex it from the soverign nation of China. I know that sounds like I'm following the party line but I take my lesson from Jackson. When the south lost they did not get to annex the south. They could have only done that if they won. Jiang fled the mainland and sought refuge. It's also like the Dalai Lama from Tibet claiming Dharmsala should be Tibetan land not Indian...it's illogical by nature.

Lastly, the export trade of China could be stiffled by sanctions imposed by the US but the majority of China's export partners are allies with China before America. I'm counting all the developing nations of the Asian region, Africa and South Africa that rely heavily on Chinese exports. USA could only impose sanctions because they don't need to. However European countries could and probably would block US sanctions, which would ultimately lead the USA to confront China in the South China Sea.

Trading partners?? Everyone is starting to get a bit pissed at China's unfair currency peg.

How does a naval blocade of the Straits of Malacca sound - Eighty percent of China's energy supplies pass through this pirate-infested waterway.

It would be silly going after Tiawan if they choose to leave the mainland - swallow your pride.

[edit on 27-3-2005 by Vanguard]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

Why don't you explain and post some links to us about what this “Dazzler” system does, I’m going t o laugh by A off if its some laser rage finder.

man i was drinkin a glass of water when i read that and about sprayed water all over the computer

LOL that good

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
GM and other U.S. military companies cannot sell military systems and plans to other countries without getting permission form congress and DOD.

China is just merely copying other countries tech, either because they are incompetent to develop their own or they regard our stuff as being better. Isn't copying the highest form of gratitude?

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Can somebody tell me why it matters so much if China copies other countries' technology? It just seems like an excuse to cover up our won incompetence, that's all.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It matters because of tall the chicom propagandist on here who say china is military superior to some countries when they can even develop their own stuff.

And were not incompetent or else we wouldn't be mimicked so much.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

It matters because of tall the chicom propagandist on here who say china is military superior to some countries when they can even develop their own stuff.

And were not incompetent or else we wouldn't be mimicked so much.

Jeez Westy, you are so insecure.

Name me one poster here who has said that China's military is superior to any country, let alone the U.S.

Or better yet, name me one "Chicom" poster that has said that the U.S military sucks.

Arrogance is frowned upon in Chinese culture, respect is above all.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What if it's as simple as China getting hold of the S-400 or upgrading the Hongqi-15? That already can shoot missiles over Taiwan with good accuracy.

AS for all this, "They copy, they do this," shut up. It has been done to death, either post something 'new' or don't waste your time. You're just causing arguements for no reason.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Have you read the posts on this thread? I f you have you would know exactly who I'm talking about.

Also "shut up"? if knowing that china reverse energies a lot of systems bothers you then your welcomed not to post.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Also "shut up"? if knowing that china reverse energies a lot of systems bothers you then your welcomed not to post.

LOL You haven't been welcome to post since... the day you joined.

I have yet to see anything quality or sensible from you. But then again, who am I to judge... this board it open to everyone, after all.

Back to topic.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I wouldn't doubt that China has something secret up there sleeves, since that country is pretty secretive about many things dealing with their military. Like the 093 and 094 submarines. There hasn't been one picture of it and its been going sea trials for months.

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I agree with westy two battle carrier groups is enough to defend taiwan, Better planes better trained pilots,

And im sure the US is taking into consideration of the missile china has to shoot over taiwan and im sure US may have a way to shoot them down.

China has to get the Air support and transport planes and refueling tankers to refuel all the Air support and transport planes, true china has alot of stuff but i doubt they will use all of it to invade taiwan, it would cost to much to move every single chinese fighter jet to taiwan.

Amd true China probably does have something up there sleeve, but i dont think the US is just sitting there with the thumb up there butt and twirling

[edit on 27-3-2005 by zakattack]

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zakattack
I agree with westy two battle carrier groups is enough to defend taiwan, Better planes better trained pilots,

And im sure the US is taking into consideration of the missile china has to shoot over taiwan and im sure US may have a way to shoot them down.

China has to get the Air support and transport planes and refueling tankers to refuel all the Air support and transport planes, true china has alot of stuff but i doubt they will use all of it to invade taiwan, it would cost to much to move every single chinese fighter jet to taiwan.

Amd true China probably does have something up there sleeve, but i dont think the US is just sitting there with the thumb up there butt and twirling

[edit on 27-3-2005 by zakattack]

It has more to do with the fact that Taiwan is such a small plot of land more than U.S. pilots being superior, along with their aircraft. Two carrier battlegroups will cover Taiwan, which is only a little larger than Maryland and Delaware combined (very small), at least four square times over. In fact, the U.S. can forget about land-based U.S. Air Force, as two carrier battlegroups will more than accomplish the mission. Not to mention Harriers and Sea Cobras supporting Marines liberating Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   

GM and other U.S. military companies cannot sell military systems and plans to other countries without getting permission form congress and DOD.

China is just merely copying other countries tech, either because they are incompetent to develop their own or they regard our stuff as being better. Isn't copying the highest form of gratitude?

than please explain to me why GM sells them the parts... please do

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Parts about what? Which type of system are you talking about?

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Parts about what? Which type of system are you talking about?

GM sells China every internal part that is being used on the Hummer. Engines etc, blah blah blah.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Wait they are selling them the commercial Hummer or the military HMVEE? Because even I can get a hummer for 50 Grand.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Wait they are selling them the commercial Hummer or the military HMVEE? Because even I can get a hummer for 50 Grand.

... both

the armour plating and all

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Anyone can by the Hummer because its a civilian version of the HUMVEE, and buying the Hummer is not the same as the HUMVEE. Engine, Frame, Chase, and about everything lese except for the look is different.

And I know for a fact that GM is not selling them armored plating, because GM does not manufacture armored plating. GM only manufactures the basic HUMVEE. The military upgrades the HMVEES with armor Via private contractor not with GM.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join