It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Weapons Designer: “Magic Weapons” To Prevent Taiwan Independence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The J-10 based in the Israeli Lavi fight which was based on the F-16. China also got an F-16 from a Pakistani pilow who defected.

Whoa there now!!.. A PAF pilot who DEFECTED to CHINA??!!
Thats like a RAF pilot defecting to the USA!!..
Any data on that?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
And I know for a fact that GM is not selling them armored plating, because GM does not manufacture armored plating. GM only manufactures the basic HUMVEE. The military upgrades the HMVEES with armor Via private contractor not with GM.

Wrong... the millitary add's to the basic armour already used in millitary HMMVW's... hence why they are so godawfull expensive compared to the civilian models.

The basic armour is useless against anything other than small-arms fire though... even the ak-47 will punch through it like butter

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus3

The J-10 based in the Israeli Lavi fight which was based on the F-16. China also got an F-16 from a Pakistani pilow who defected.

Whoa there now!!.. A PAF pilot who DEFECTED to CHINA??!!
Thats like a RAF pilot defecting to the USA!!..
Any data on that?

He either sold his plane or defected but the Chinese got an F-16.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Wrong... the millitary add's to the basic armour already used in millitary HMMVW's... hence why they are so godawfull expensive compared to the civilian models.

The basic armour is useless against anything other than small-arms fire though... even the ak-47 will punch through it like butter

Thank you for proving me correct, how can you say I’m wrong when you confirmed everything I said? And When I said basic HUMVEE I meant with basic armor, what do you think the basic HUMVEE is sold to the USA military with plywood doors? The US military then adds heavier armor to protect against more threats. So GM cannot be selling china the new and improved armor because they don't make it if china wants the basic Armour on the HUMVEE they can have it.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
All the millitary does is bolt on some extra steel plates... it's nothing revolutionary

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Actually they are not steel plates they are composite alloys that are more light weight than normal steel and offer the same amount of protection. The military also armors the bottom of the HUMVEE to protect against IED's and adds newer tougher windows on the Vehicle.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join