It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB moving 2021 All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

but here we suggest a free voter ID and it is just too much and infringes on our right to vote...

The argument actually is that it "infringes" upon a certain element of the population disproportionately because they are unable to obtain RealID.

Georgia instituted its strict law in 2005. Were there a lot of cases of voter fraud before that? If not, what problem was the law intended to fix?

edit on 4/3/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

The argument actually is that it "infringes" upon certain element of the population disproportionately because they are unable to obtain RealID.

Georgia instituted its strict law in 2005. Were there a lot of cases of voter fraud before that? If not, what problem was the law intended to fix?

Well reading up on it they switched to RealID requirement's.

1. Bring in an approved ID
2. Need a SS
3. Need to show proof of residence...

Is there anyone on America that could not do this, OR get the documents they need if they put in an ounce of effort?

I personally think once you show proof during registration to vote you should get a voter ID in the mail automatically.

Who exactly would it infringe on? Remember it is 2021 now...

edit on 3-4-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Any attempt to make it harder to cheat in voting will be fought by the evil left and their ideologues.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Nor am I in favor of making it more difficult for citizens to vote. I think that the more who do, the better.

Seems "more difficult" is not really the right words...You want to make it as easy as possible, and that is also doable with voter ID...

But what is easy as possible...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Did a lot of non citizens vote in the last election?

And there is the problem...We have no way of knowing...We have no way of checking...We have no way to follow-up on vote harvesting…etc..

But it seems every time someone pokes the tip of their finger into it all they come back with poo on it...lol

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It's nice that you can speak for everyone.

Who can't? Lets say homeless on the streets would have a hard time voting, OK fix it and still push voter ID. Nothing says we can not fix these issues so that even a homeless guy can vote without much trouble.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Be half ass prepared to vote next time big brain.
No ID no vote in Canada.
a reply to: Phage

Its the same argument the Left has used since the 70s and they just do not see that it is now 2021 where things are a lot more connected and much easier to do with providing IDs. I could understand someone saying there is demographics in America that would be hurt with ID requirements lets say back in the 70/80s, but not today...you better show me examples and then we could make concessions in those cases.

Hell they could go to a house and collect all the data needed and print out the ID right there for those in need or handicapped. They can set up official voter registration points in cities with the homeless. Check all needed data in 3 mins and issue an ID right there for them.

Grassroots been doing this stuff for many decades, but by hand and paper to register people to vote.

When a cop pulls you over he already knows everything about you in 2 mins to include if you have insurance...lol

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:39 PM
link   

And there is the problem...We have no way of knowing
Of course we do.

One must be registered in order to vote. If there was a lot of fraud due to a lack of RealID being presented at a polling place there would be a lot of people who showed up to vote, only to find that someone had already done so using their name.

The only real "problem" is that we saw what happened when it is easier for more citizens to vote in Georgia. More people do vote and Republicans don't win quite as much. They're trying to fix that problem by restricting mail in voting.

And making it illegal to give someone a bottle of water while they're waiting in line. Idiotic, that's how freaked out they are.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm an American businessman, entrepreneur, Do you just want me to STFU even when politics affects my business, and my family's livelihood? Not going to happen!!!

Do you do it at work while everyone else is on the clock too? I think that is the point... Try that at lets say Boeing and see what happens. If you own your business you can do what you want, but there are still consequences that could be costly to you.

I work with two very diehard liberals (they live in Portland and think there are no riots there) even on the golf course we keep politics rather surface level.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:03 PM
link   

One must be registered in order to vote. If there was a lot of fraud due to a lack of RealID being presented at a polling place there would be a lot of people who showed up to vote, only to find that someone had already done so using their name.

We do know voter databases are horrible, we also know we can fake just about anything today. I'm getting to the point that the only true proof is you in person as we can have something like what the Rajneeshee tried back in 1984 but at a sophistication level unparallel with anything remotely tried before.

The only "problem" is that we saw what happened when it is easier for more people to vote in Georgia. More people do vote and Republicans don't win quite as much. They're trying to fix that problem by restricting mail in voting.

You keep saying this and I keep asking who? Who in 2021?

I'm not in favor of mass mailings...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Was going to my first day of training for new job. Had paperwork (tax forms, voided check for direct deposit purposes, etc.) and when the bus came, I left the folio on the bench at the stop. I frantically called my new employer to let them know I'd be on a bus back to retrieve it (had I left it at home I'd have just shown up sans paperwork). Nope, was too late (by a half-hour after the ride back and then to employer again) and had to reschedule training.

It was all my fault, I was distracted and the folio that I was unused to carrying, was the same color as the bus bench.

Sounds like you need to get your crap together, frankly, if you leave your wallet in your car in an area it's prone to get broken into, and plan your day to just squeak by under the wire to vote.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You keep saying this and I keep asking who?
I keep saying what? That the intent is to make it more difficult to vote? Yes, that is clearly the intent. If it's easier to vote more people will vote. It was easier to vote in the last election and more people voted. And Republicans took a big hit.

“I don’t want everybody to vote,” Paul Weyrich, an influential conservative activist, said in 1980. “As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

“The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,” Trump said

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I'm an American businessman, entrepreneur, Do you just want me to STFU even when politics affects my business, and my family's livelihood? Not going to happen!!!

Do you do it at work while everyone else is on the clock too? I think that is the point... Try that at lets say Boeing and see what happens. If you own your business you can do what you want, but there are still consequences that could be costly to you.

I work with two very diehard liberals (they live in Portland and think there are no riots there) even on the golf course we keep politics rather surface level.

yeah, this isn't the golf course and you can imagine my response to your post. I will be discreet and follow the T&Cs however.

btw, I'm fully aware of the consequences for freedom of speech in public places. Sometimes however I just don't give a ****!

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:23 PM
link   
They figure out how to make watching baseball not mind numbingly boring yet?

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I keep saying what? That the intent is to make it more difficult to vote? Yes, that is clearly the intent. If it's easier to vote more people will vote. It was easier to vote in the last election and more people voted. And Republicans took a big hit.

So what you are saying is that people who normally would never vote if they had to lift a finger to do so, voted this last time...Win win...lol Easy doesn't also mean good... It makes everything easier like vote harvesting... I also don't think easy and hard are the correct words either...

“I don’t want everybody to vote,” Paul Weyrich, an influential conservative activist, said in 1980. “As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.”

Great 40 years ago...its 2021 as I said...It all a dead horse now... Go back one more decade and post what all the democrats were saying...lol

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
They figure out how to make watching baseball not mind numbingly boring yet?

I have seen a total of 2 baseball games in my 60 years... Nothing like the 7th inning stretch as everyone's legs have fallen asleep...lol

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:48 PM
link   

btw, I'm fully aware of the consequences for freedom of speech in public places. Sometimes however I just don't give a ****!

I guess my point is that work is not a public place...

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 01:49 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that people who normally would never vote if they had to lift a finger to do so, voted this last time.
If you want to couch it in disparaging terms, yes, that's what I am saying. And when they do, Republicans get hit. That is why Republicans want fewer people to vote.

Great 40 years ago...its 2021 as I said...It all a dead horse now.
No. Not dead at all. Alive and well in Georgia and elsewhere. Trump said it out loud, this year.

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If you want to couch it in disparaging terms, yes, that's what I am saying. And when they do, Republicans get hit. That is why Republicans want fewer people to vote.

That is because "grassroots" really means vote harvesting to the liberals... Seen it personally happen in Little Rock back in the early 2000s when I lived there. The left is very eager to "help" you get "their" vote, I mean your vote in... They just see mass mailings as a bumper crop to harvest and I just want people to cast their vote on their own decision and not open the door for other fraudulent ways not really there before.

Trump said it out loud, this year.

Trump who??

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Well, well, well... this is exactly how you address MLB deciding to become a political presence.
thehill.com...

Republican Sens. Mike Lee (Utah) and Ted Cruz (Texas) have joined calls to end MLB's antitrust exemption following the its decision to pull the 2021 All-Star Game out of Atlanta.

MLB announced the move on Friday, saying it would relocate the game in protest of Georgia’s voting restrictions signed into law last week. The decision has sparked blowback from GOP lawmakers across the country.

GOP Rep. Jeff Duncan (S.C.) said earlier Friday that he had told his staff to start drafting legislation to remove MLB’s decades-old antitrust exemption “in light of @MLB's stance to undermine election integrity laws.”

If baseball loses their antitrust exemption, that will hurt them a hell of a lot more than their recent efforts to buttress liberal politics hurt their politically chosen targets. I'd love to see this happen. Actions have consequences and, frankly, professional sports leagues' actions are long overdue for real consequences to be received.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join