It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MLB moving 2021 All-Star Game from Atlanta over Georgia voting law

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Rep. Jeff Duncan
@RepJeffDuncan
·
Apr 2, 2021
In light of @MLB's stance to undermine election integrity laws, I have instructed my staff to begin drafting legislation to remove Major League Baseball's federal antitrust exception.
Rep. Jeff Duncan
@RepJeffDuncan

An overwhelming bipartisan majority of Americans support requiring an ID to vote, and any organization that abuses its power to oppose secure elections deserves increased scrutiny under the law.
3:59 PM · Apr 2, 2021

This is what Happens when Sports gets Involved in Politics . No Business in It..............

posted on Apr, 3 2021 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Get Woke, Go Broke.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
What they don't get is people are getting tired of politics and sports at the professional level. This is enough for people to drop going to and watching games altogether. I know I already watch less and less pro stuff, If sports don't allow people to get away from politics, they will spend their time and money elsewhere.

The other thing is we are likely to see a political blowback and a more motivated Republican base, lots of small businesses owned by minorities were hoping for an influx of business from the all-star game.

www.espn.com...

Major League Baseball announced Friday that it is moving the 2021 All-Star Game out of Atlanta in response to a new Georgia law that has civil rights groups concerned about its potential to restrict voting access for people of color.

The 2021 MLB draft, a new addition to All-Star Game festivities this year, will also be relocated.

In a statement, MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said the league is "finalizing a new host city and details about these events will be announced shortly." A source told ESPN that the 2022 All-Star Game is still planned for Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles and that that site won't be moved up to fill the void this summer.
These sports teams were waaaay early on the covid business (doing interviews and talking about covid and how it will affect their seasons in January and early feb of 2020, well before discussion of lockdown in the USA... yet they were fully aware and prepared. They will keep to the agenda.

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Oh LOOK !!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Gee what a COINCIDENCE !! 🤣

MLB Boycotted Georgia a Day After Expanding China Deal

Major League Baseball had extended and expanded its contract with a Chinese telecommunications giant shortly before boycotting the state of Georgia over the league’s disagreement with the election reforms recently enacted by the Peach State’s democratically elected governor and legislature.

Chinese state media reported on April 1 that the MLB will continue to be aired on the streaming platform operated by Chinese tech giant Tencent, which has significant ties to the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). Tencent is of the Chinese companies that had temporarily dropped NBA games as a form of censorship after former Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey spoke out in support of the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.

On April 2, the day after the announcement of the Chinese deal, the MLB moved its annual All-Star game out of Atlanta, Georgia, in response to a set of election reforms signed by Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp last month. MLB Commissioner Robert Manfred said in a statement that the move would “demonstrate our values as a sport.”

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: putnam6

I freed up so much time by not watching the NBA and NFL. Not watching MLB will just free up more of my time.

Tired of watching pampered athletes making millions who could give a damn about me, the game.

All they care about is their "brand"

F### them.

Losers.

They couldn't do my job if they tried. Morons.

What's left to watch?

posted on Apr, 4 2021 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Have any kids or grandkids? Go watch them partake in their sports activities. They play a lot harder and it's usually a lot more fun.

posted on Apr, 5 2021 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Former Georgia governor candidate Stacey Abrams (aka "Aunt Jemima) is an embarrassment to the (educated) Black Community.

She Now Regrets wanting the MLB Allstar game out of Georgia: www.foxnews.com...

Another Dem Loser

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 01:59 AM
link   
April 6, 2021

Senator Mitch McConnell News: twitter.com...

It's news like this that makes me thankful Democrats now have a Senate majority.

Mitch McConnell wouldn't give a damn about minimizing future election fraud, if the only result of the 2020 fraud was Biden becoming President.

But nope... the fraud in Georgia cost Mitch his position as Senate Majority leader, and put Republicans in the minority.

Sometimes, the more bitter the medicine, the better it works.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

She Now Regrets wanting the MLB Allstar game out of Georgia

The link you provided does not say that.

You seem to be mistaken.

posted on Apr, 6 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Former Georgia governor candidate Stacey Abrams (aka "Aunt Jemima) is an embarrassment to the (educated) Black Community.

She Now Regrets wanting the MLB Allstar game out of Georgia: www.foxnews.com...

Another Dem Loser

MLB = Racist

COORS Field: mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Every day, President Biden is demonstrating why he finished in the bottom 10% of his class.

He now says he supports corporations who are against Georgia's new Voter-ID law. But only if they don't show their disapproval by cutting jobs, reducing Georgia spending, or leaving the state of Georgia.

What an embarrassing President: www.msn.com... BB1fmCE8

posted on Apr, 7 2021 @ 07:13 AM
link   

This Tweet from Tim Scott sort of nails it.

MLB moves the game out of a majority black area where the money would benefit way more blacks to an area mainly white. AND in their efforts to virtue signal *against* imposed voting restrictions, they move to an area that actually requires the same voter ID Georgia just imposed and has more restrictions on early voting.

GENIUS!

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join