It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logan OH woman arrested for trespassing for refusing to wear mask outside.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

The ones I corrected?

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I know, I can’t wait. With one single course of action I’ve managed to bring out the shrill cries of “you support THEM if you don’t support US!” AND the “literally Hitler” card. I hope we get defunded so effing hard

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I hope we get defunded so effing hard

So hard. You'll feel like you're in Seattle.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

What does it require her to do? She is not required to disclose her medical conditions. He could write a ticket and she could prove her exemption in court.

What will happen is by Ohio law she was in compliance with or without a medical condition. If she does indeed have asthma it just reinforces her case. That case would be 1- she was not in violation of any order. 2-the entity didn’t make provisions for her conditions, 3- the officer didn’t know the law. 4- it is lawful to resist an unlawful arrest 5- excessive force because he escalated to lesss than lethal or as we saw from Atlanta lethal force for a violation that could be handled wth a ticket even if she was guilty.

Play her cards right with the jury and she is golden. It has been stated by many well educated lawyers that at the end of the day these mask laws will be unconstitutional and thus leaving a lot of departs in jeopardy at the end of this crap.

Which leads me to this. It should be required that all judgements or settlements against departments and officers should come out of the department’s payroll budget and this crap ends tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: iwanttobelieve70

It requires her to not decide for herself that can do what she wants.

What will happen is the state athletic commission and school will point to their masks required - no exceptions policies that were, supposedly, posted and announced. She won’t get diddly spit from anybody, except maybe her record expunged if and when her baby daddy finds a lawyer willing to challenge the legality of the posted and announced policies. By Ohio mandate (since the mask thing is a mandate, not a law) the school and athletic commission are not prohibited from enacting stricter measures than the state has. Until that’s challenged in court, their requirements are within the mandate and law. The school should have offered alternatives to a mask if they’re going to require everybody have a face covering. They’re not required by the ADA to accept “no mask” as an alternative. The officer did know the law, which is why she was charged with trespassing and not for not wearing a mask. It is not lawful to resist “unlawful” arrest in Ohio. Her arrest for trespassing was lawful, so that’s a moot debate anyway. A taser used in drive stun mode is considered to be a pain compliance technique because it doesn’t override the NMI, and is treated as such in use of force. Pain compliance is perfectly fine against a resisting subject.

Most all of which I’ve already said, some more than once, in the thread. I think I’m good on the whole repeating myself because somebody can’t be arsed to read things but if you come up with something new, lemme know

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

It`s getting crazy ...

"Get ready for a surprise!!!"

I want to see the surprise part.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Considering the other cop didn’t have a mask, WTF did the first cop really think they were doing? Making some kind of point or a real power move by the cops, seems off...
a reply to: schadenfreude

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wow, this woman gets tazed on orders of recommendations of a federal bureaucrat. Yep, land of the free and home of the brave.

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
So only 9210 people actually died of Covid19 alone. This is getting crazy. We are being conditioned while they give more powers to policy enforcement guards. We are really in a police state. Talked with someone in the medical field. They said that people get tested three times over a period of days to be sure if they have Covid-19. All three positive tests are reported for single individual.
edit on 25-9-2020 by TamtammyMacx because: added sentences

posted on Sep, 25 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: panoz77

Literally nothing you’ve said is anything I haven’t already commented on. Claiming disability under the ADA requires the individual making the claim to do certain things. She didn’t. End of story.

All she needs is proof she has COPD or asthma, or a doctors written statement. The claim is that she had asthma.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 04:00 AM
link   

If you look on a box of masks it says ' not known to guard against or prevent Covid' . Also do as I say not as I do is utter bologna.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yes that is exactly what we expect in a free and sane society. For the cop to walk away. Unfortunately the police are mindless footsoldiers for zog who will enforce any and all tyranny upon ordinary citizens while hiding behind the Nuremberg defense. What they don't seem to understand is that on the day of judgement, the Nuremberg defense didn't work for the Nazis and it won't work for the police.

originally posted by: alldaylong

She was asked to put on a mask. She refused.

So she was asked to leave. She again refused.

What did you expect to cop to do? Just say " ok let's forget it " and walk away.

From the link it would appear that others in attendance where commenting on her not wearing a mask. Sounds like they may have been concerned about it.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Yes, and the rules of the school district are based upon deception. The school district was deceived, just as the doctors received notice to change the way they filled out death certificates, we were all deceived. Terrorized some say.

Humans in a state of fear do really stupid things. Emotions work against reason. I did not mean to suggest that you were treating your children badly, I was just pointing out that there is no science showing masks are actually effective against airborne virus, none.

But it's a free country and what others do is none of my business.

posted on Sep, 26 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I self identify as a black transgender female mask wearer, bring it leftie

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I hate to see this.......but there are ways around this, have a mask "on" but wear it on lowered resting your chin, when somebody bugs you pull it up, when they go away, pull it back down. The police come pull it up.
Sometimes we need to work around the situation.

My bigger concern with all this is the vaccination that is coming, are people going to get arrested for going out in public for not having it ? Are they testing people's resolve with masks first ?
A mask is not a vaccination I can't take it off or back once injected.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Ugh...
She should have left when they asked her to leave.

American citizen used to mean something, guess we are going Chineesea!

Really?
American citizens can just do whatever whenever?
Lol
Mkay

The really funny part of this is that no American would have seen this as OK or normal part of law enforcment a short time ago.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TamtammyMacx
So only 9210 people actually died of Covid19 alone. This is getting crazy. We are being conditioned while they give more powers to policy enforcement guards. We are really in a police state. Talked with someone in the medical field. They said that people get tested three times over a period of days to be sure if they have Covid-19. All three positive tests are reported for single individual.

Don't believe everything you read, if fact, believe very little of anything..from either side!!

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The officer did know the law, which is why she was charged with trespassing and not for not wearing a mask.

Ask yourself what would be happening right now if his manhandling this small woman had led to major injury or death. She could easily have hit her head on the metal seats or have been effected by his tasing. What pitiful stupidity would lead a huge grown supposed officer of the law to pull, push and taser a Woman innocently watching a children's game in front of all those kids!

A 2012 study published in the American Heart Association's journal Circulation found that Tasers can cause "ventricular arrhythmias, sudden cardiac arrest and even death." At least 49 people died in 2018 in the US after being shocked by police with a Taser.

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

My bigger concern with all this is the vaccination that is coming, are people going to get arrested for going out in public for not having it ? Are they testing people's resolve with masks first ?

And if they are you have suggested we just give in or pretend to, how about taking a stand?

Based on these studies, it is clear that COVID-19 is more prevalent and less deadly than previous testing has shown. In addition, it has become clear that the disease progression is generally mild in those under 65 with limited co-morbidities and even less of a threat to children. Knowing how low the risk is for the vast majority of Americans, which is rapidly approaching the mortality rate of the flu, we can safely reopen most of the country’s economy while continuing to protect those who are most at risk from COVID-19. Once shelter-in-place orders have been lifted, those who remain fearful are free to continue to shelter in place for as long as they so choose. There is more than enough information available at this time to reopen America.

spectator.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2020 @ 02:24 PM
link   

You Must Comply! Comply! Comply!

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join