It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Logan OH woman arrested for trespassing for refusing to wear mask outside.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So at that point, it's your word against mine.

Except one of us is arguing law, the other is arguing about somebody’s thought process.

You can have your feelz on the matter all you want, but if she didn't, then, as you say, would she bother to have a mask at all?

Again (I know you love that word), one of us is arguing law, the other is arguing about feelings and thoughts. If she did, as you say, why didn’t her baby daddy mention it one single time in his 30 minute diatribe at the police station? He mentioned a lot of things, but asthma ain’t one of them.

And the state government does not.

The state government’s mandate also does not preclude localities from enacting stricter enforcement.

And I freakin' will use personal examples because they are what I darn well know.

Neat. I freakin’ will continue to ignore them.

So if I fail to get one right, I deserve to be tasered and arrested for it?

Nope. But if you want to resist arrest you run the risk of riding the lightning. Kinda like why she did.

Dude, I'm not the only assuming they know what's going on in her head. You seem to be in the "Muh rights, 'Murica!" camp as the only possible reason she'd do this. So don't lecture me on assumptions.

Talk about assumptions. I’m working off the video and statements made. You’re the one assuming what’s in her head, what’s in my head, and who knows what else. Get over yourself.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
Mandates are not laws. They are opinions.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Being told to leave if you’re not going to wear a mask is notice. The law doesn’t require the OWNER to do it. Owner, agent, occupant, or servant.

Helps if you read the code first.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Trespassing is a law, not a mandate.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Being told to leave if you’re not going to wear a mask is notice. The law doesn’t require the OWNER to do it. Owner, agent, occupant, or servant.

Helps if you read the code first.

Your right refusal to leve the property got her in trouble. Then when it went further than she thought it would she started resisting arrest. All and all she made several bad decisions over something stupid.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ah, I get it.

She just didn't engage in enough fiery but mostly peaceful protest. She needed to chuck a few molotovs, raise her fist in the black power salute, scream black lives matter and accuse the cop of being a racist and it all would have been fine.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It's not worth arguing over. I would say both sides went over the top.

Had she been a good samaritan, she could of had a good case against the school.
By her resisting, she will gain nothing in return.

The SS Police win this one.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
To bad there wasn't any real men there to stand up for those two ladies.

I noticed that too 😕

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: panoz77

a reply to: schadenfreude
Ugh...
She should have left when they asked her to leave.

If it's a public school, payed for by tax money, it is a public space she was legally entitled to be. You cannot be trespassed from public spaces.

Bs
She wasn't on a public sidewalk.
She aggreed to the rules upon entry.
Nice try tho

And the mandates in Ohio say you are exempt from wearing a mask outdoors if you are able to physically distance, which she was, AND she had a medical condition that ALSO exempted her.
edit on 24-9-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

no mention of colour as its irrelevant, but if a security gaurd cant get assistance to apply a set of hand cuffs he may need more training, resisting arrest should then not mean the security/cops can just increase the range of weapons they use, what exactly was this unarmed woman going to do which could endanger the stronger male, it looks like he ran out of patience and resorted to bullyboy tactics.

This is such a good point. Holy sh!t.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If the authorities let people go without a mask, they are in conflict with the local and state rulers.

So they have to enforce insane, ludicrous mandates to solidify that the authorities are always correct.

We can't have people acting independently, in direct opposition to the authorities.

Obey.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Trespassing is a law, not a mandate.

The “trespassing” rubs me the wrong way, because it’s school property, and her son goes to the school. Her son was there at that school, on that field. So charging or citing her with “trespassing” is denying her access to her kid on school property. Kids have to go to school. You can’t NOT send your kid to school, and if you can’t home school or pony up for a private catholic school, she doesn’t have a choice but to send him to school. No, he doesn’t have to be on the football team, but let’s use social justice logic and point out that denying her son the opportunity could damage him emotionally, and therefore that mom would be abusing her son. So, she had to be there on that school property. Actually, they’re discriminating against her asthma by forcing her to wear that mask.

It’s not like they were disobeying the rules of a nightclub, or an art gallery. She’s on property of the school which her son attends and was present.

I know you’re going to come back with a law or statute or definition that I can’t argue, and that’s fine. Just saying-
just because they used that on her doesn’t mean it’s right nor does it make any sense. Not to mention the absurdity of it anyway, going mask gestapo on her outdoors with no one within six feet.

By the way, how do you feel about rent-a-cop’s performance? Does it usually take that long to get handcuffs onto a squirmy girl? What the hell?

P.s.
The chic acted terribly. She got up in arms immediately, and she kinda went bat# pretty quickly. She didn’t do herself any favors.

However, I can definitely understand how easy it would be to get worked up. If I’m watching my young son at a school event, and I’m obeying all the rules and some cop comes and tells me to wear a mask or I’m outta there, I’m gonna get pissed too. She would have fared better if she would have calmed down, but dude he put his fat hands all over her real quick. Plus she’s thinking “They’re taking me away and my son is left here...” any mom is gonna freak out at that.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:45 PM
link   

a reply to: abeverage
News flash
When you enter a venue for an event YOU SURRENDER YOUR RIGHTS.

Really? So I can be stripped bare and raped when I enter a venue for an event? I can steal your wallet when I enter a venue for an event? #ck me, I should have entered a venue for an event, all those times I was low on cash in college.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Parents are allowed on school property by invitation. They can set up restrictions in the name of student safety. For example schools often have to buzz you in to the office the schools are locked down to prevent intrusions. Even games on school property you are there by invitation and you can easily have that revoked. You could be asked to leave for swearing or improper dress or no mask doesnt matter you are the guest.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: KansasGirl

Parents are allowed on school property by invitation. They can set up restrictions in the name of student safety. For example schools often have to buzz you in to the office the schools are locked down to prevent intrusions. Even games on school property you are there by invitation and you can easily have that revoked. You could be asked to leave for swearing or improper dress or no mask doesnt matter you are the guest.

By invitation to the game, ok. Who is invited to those football games? Who is invited and how are they invited?

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Not a good look all the way around though.

The police really need public support right about now, but here we have the cops flat out ignoring all manor of serious crime in our largest cities on the one hand.

But one the other we see them arresting and harassing Christians, arresting paddle boarders all alone on the open ocean, arresting dads playing softball in empty parks with their kids, and now arresting women at high school football after tasing them.

Not a good position the cops are in.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Police should enforce the law, but they are also people with their own minds. "I was just following orders" didn't work in Nuremburg, it shouldn't work now.

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 08:58 PM
link   

a reply to: schadenfreude
Ugh...
She should have left when they asked her to leave.

If it's a public school, payed for by tax money, it is a public space she was legally entitled to be. You cannot be trespassed from public spaces.

Bs
She wasn't on a public sidewalk.
She aggreed to the rules upon entry.
Nice try tho

And the mandates in Ohio say you are exempt from wearing a mask outdoors if you are able to physically distance, which she was, AND she had a medical condition that ALSO exempted her.

School rules rule the day there pal.
No shirt
No shoes
No dice

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow
Apparently this was a School resource officer.

SRO's are not governed by the school board. They are controlled by the laws of the state in which they work and their agencies policies and procedures. When the law is broken by a perpetrator and there is a victim of a crime, charges must be brought. It is not the choice of school staff whether a law enforcement officer can act in filing charges.

Are they actual cops? Or rent-a-cops?

posted on Sep, 24 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I've noticed the NEW trend is calling things "Coronoavirus-like". Kids were being asked to not come to school because they exhibited Coronavirus-like symptoms. Probably sniffles, a cough, maybe a slight fever. It IS allergy season still and allergens have been high. It's also time for the colds and flu to start up.
Let's also not forget that most of these kids have been locked up with Karen-parents bathing them in sanitizer and anti-bacterial EVERYTHING so their resistances are low.

Might be a good time to buy stock in companies producing OTC decongestants and cough remedies

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join