It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God need worship?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I'd love to have a one on one with you. Whether pm's or some sort of chat or live thing. I'm genuinely interested in what you have to say. The trade off is, you have to be interested in what I have to say. If not, its pointless.

Hell, lets invite sookie too. That should get real fun with us three.

Not GPB though, we dont need that much confusion. Lol, love ya dude, I kid.

ETA: Draw a unicorn!
edit on 13-7-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Classic. What do you need the devil for?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

To prove god isnt the villain of the story.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I have my proof. What more could I ask for? I'm happy with it. You're not?

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

Your user name kinda indicates your viewpoint. I'm oddly still on TC's side here. I could go on, but it would only muddle the waters. I'm now here for the show.

ETA: I still fundamentally disagree with TC. This is now entertainment unless anyone gives a crap about my opinion.

Also to add, I dont keep god around to ask for things, but the few times I have were insanely specific. Just sayin. Go about your cat fight.
edit on 14-7-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

TC is on no side. He just fills imaginary gaps.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:37 AM
link   

TC is on no side. He just fills imaginary gaps.

Thats kinda the joke though, right? Read his user name and read your last sentence. Its a copout, I know. But... Kinda funny.

I still think the dudes full of it, but whatever.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Well, this conversation ended quickly.
edit on 14-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Well, this conversation ended quickly.

Lol, aww. Ouch. Out of ammo that fast? Damn. I'm only playing the line judge here. I miss the thread killer thread...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I truly believe that God knows your true heart. He has given us free will to do good or evil. It is up to each of of us to make things better and reject the evilness.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Onlyyouknow

Yes I think God has as well, also allowed us to see how valuable we are to Him

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   
i see god as some kind of force that permeates throughout the whole universe. It is a part of everything from the stars in the sky to the matter that makes us. To worship god is to respect the life we have, our land, our relationships, our identity.

I don't know if god really cares about what we think and do, its a free will thing with so many complex interactions going on. If we do not care about our life why should god? If someone chooses to be nasty about things, they will find their place. If someone chooses to aim for a more responsible way, they will find there place as well.

In finding Jesus, the blood is in his words. Sure we need to eat and I hope the animals we raise are treated with dignity. As for looking for everlasting life with a cannibalistic ceremony, I will pass.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

To prove god isnt the villain of the story.

I think if you read the bible, we humans do the villain thing fine on our own

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

I'd love to have a one on one with you. Whether pm's or some sort of chat or live thing. I'm genuinely interested in what you have to say. The trade off is, you have to be interested in what I have to say. If not, its pointless.

Hell, lets invite sookie too. That should get real fun with us three.

Not GPB though, we dont need that much confusion. Lol, love ya dude, I kid.

ETA: Draw a unicorn!

Always happy to but
Its always a matter of respecting anothers opinion, no matter how silly it seems.
Otherwise, not really into the and mental angst

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Why am I not surprised that God is for you just a tool to validate your ego?

Need Him because of peeple just like you
in fact most Christians need Jesus, God because of how bad this world is and how nasty people are and how hard life is.

Read a cartoon once by an Anglican, an atheist was mocking a christian saying Jesus was just a crutch for the weak, the reply was "Not a crutch but a life support system"

No one is forcing you peeps, well I am not

Ego, its not a dirty word, we all need some of it in our lives

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Train the mind.

Usually when I start a prayer I start with 'good God' and I call Him His names which are the truth 'king of kings' 'Almighty one' 'omnipotent one' by which I acknowledge His existence.

And I call Him Yahweh.

And I only ask for things once, because He hears and I trust I will receive what I asked because He is God.

"Ask for things" ?
Hmmm, Not my will God but yours is how I end a prayer

If God doesnt give you what you want does it make Him less God?
Better you trust you wont get what you dont want but what you do need and then, what if you get nothing

God never promised for the here now, He isnt a poker machine.

Anyway, Knowing how valued God is makes me value myself and others...

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
Sure we need to eat and I hope the animals we raise are treated with dignity. As for looking for everlasting life with a cannibalistic ceremony, I will pass.

Well wont be eating any jelly babies, sour patch kids or liquorice bullets with you Kwaka, chocolate soldiers must also be frightening.

Golden gaytime? doesnt matter Kev, beyond your capacity I am sure.

Drinking blood and eating flesh, you might need to study the word metaphor Kev

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 03:07 AM
link   

A metaphor is a figure of speech that describes an object or action in a way that isn’t literally true, but helps explain an idea or make a comparison.

You do you. For me to pretend that I am eating and drinking Jesus makes me feel sick. I can see that some may feel that they are receiving the spirit of Jesus in this ritual. I prefer Jesus's words to find his spirit.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
"Worship", "love", thought, at its basic essence is energy and energy must flow. Weather be god, man, animal, or plant, to be removed from that flow means death beyond death. So, ya, gods need to be in that flow to exist.
Worship doesnt necessarily mean love. Matter of fact, there has been many a gods that have ruled by fear, just as there has been many a kings, lords, masters, and husbands that have ruled their little sub circuit by fear.
But, as they say, you are what you eat, feed your god or master fear or hatred and you will have a very negative god or master.

posted on Jul, 14 2020 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Because of peeple like me? Lol
Look it's really simple, peeple like me are trying hard to overcome the ego because it leads to self-rightousness, greed, narcissim etc everything you represent basically.
And we're doing that to figure out the truth because religion is one big psy-op holding the hearts and minds of humans hostage for thousands of years.
The world is as it is because of people like you. The cult of Moloch, that's you.

If God is truth, justice and love I work directly for him. You?
...obviously not because you don't give a # about truth you swallowed the lies and think they make you special. And you don't know what love is if you think it could be interchangeable with worship.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join