It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God need worship?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Just kicking this around in my head, see if it has any legs
I know it offends many atheists that God requests love from His people and I understand their frustration but

We worship God so we can find our own value within Him.
Once we understand how valuable God is we can understand/learn how valuable we are to Him and then recognise how valuable/important we are to ourselves, our self worth

worship is not about God, worship is a discovery of self worth through Gods eyes

Not just worthless monkeys with no hair

Anyway, probably millions of theologians have considered the same before

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:51 PM
link   

We worship God so we can find our own value within Him...worship is a discovery of self worth through Gods eyes

Worship is about the need for control and validation. And no, there isn't a single cosmic power that gives a rats fuzzy behind what we do or what happens to the rock we call home.

edit on 13-7-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I know it offends many atheists that God requests love from His people...

So much wrong, so many, many things wrong with that sentence.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Monkeys with no hair
You hit it
God and His Son and Spirit had a cumunity and wanted to invite mankind into the inner sanctum of that....
They, meaning the one God....One God didnt want robots.

We are not robots....but I'm too wild....better if i had more robot in me....!

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Well that might not represent you sookie but I have come across many here, notably above.
Also I have substituted worship with love in this christian context as they are variable in my opinion

vocal.media...
edit on 13-7-2020 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Well that might not represent you sookie but I have come across many here, notably above.
Also I have substituted worship with love as they are variable in my opinion

Worship is not love, let's set that as ground rule number one.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

We worship God so we can find our own value within Him...worship is a discovery of self worth through Gods eyes

Worship is about the need for control and validation. And no, there isn't a single cosmic power that gives a rats fuzzy behind what we do or what happens to the rock we call home.

Well shock and horror, you don’t seem to agree TC, what next, where to from here I wonder.

So, God is controlling you and you find validation in that, doesn’t make any sense to me, how do you figure, oh wait, don’t worry.

You are just like a JW door knocker, just have to don’t you. Fundamentalist atheist preaching like your doctrine is the answer to all life’s nihilisms
Thanks for your input but, we still disagree

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Yes a bit of robot would be good in my opinion as well, auto pilot
Alas, one step at a time

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Good catch! Interchanging the words "love" and "worship" is among the many concepts and things wrong with that sentence.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Also I have substituted worship with love as they are variable in my opinion

Worship is not love, let's set that as ground rule number one.

Really, really
Thanks, your words are my cleft in the rock, without you I can’t and don’t think, thanks for your wisdom oh holy one

Feeling “validated” now TC?
Now I will let you “control me” by apologising to you for my errors, my mistake of having a different opinion of how the word love can be understood, for misunderstanding your and only your definite and unquestionable opinion of how love can be used in a sentence by me

You should go study the meanings of love and then the meanings of worship, especially in a Greek and christian context

Delusions of grandeur there buddy

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Good catch! Interchanging the words "love" and "worship" is among the many concepts and things wrong with that sentence.

Thankyou sookie but no sorry

47. "The Two Basic Rules; - Love ... - What Did Jesus Say?
Search domain whatdidjesussay.com/47-the-two-basic-rules-love-god-wholeheartedly-love-your-neighbor-as-yourself-jesus/whatdidjesussay.com... ules-love-god-wholeheartedly-love-your-neighbor-as-yourself-jesus/

Matthew 22:34 Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. 35 One of them, an expert in the Law, tested him with this question: 36 "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" 37 Jesus replied, "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

I appreciate your input sooky but
Jesus called and commanded christians to love God, worship is part of that. Greek is a different language as is Hebrew. English doesn’t explain worship very well, many Christians think worship is singing and praying and such. Loving worship is doing things, living, feeding, clothing, caring and other physical demonstrations of applying Gods teachings into the world

Thanks but, you don’t get it. Just seem to be trying to make yourself seem relative but your comprehension is flawed. I am grateful that you commented as I could explain worship in a little more detail and I should have

When we worship God we add value to our lives, be it working as called or just acknowledging Gods character

Thanks

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Well shock and horror, you don’t seem to agree TC, what next, where to from here I wonder.

So, God is controlling you and you find validation in that, doesn’t make any sense to me, how do you figure, oh wait, don’t worry.

You are just like a JW door knocker, just have to don’t you. Fundamentalist atheist preaching like your doctrine is the answer to all life’s nihilisms
Thanks for your input but, we still disagree

Why did you start this thread if you're so defensive about the topic, I was answering your question.

Love is a partnership that insists on equality and mutual respect, worship is subservient and degrading. But one can reasonably infer from the definition of omnipotent that god doesn't need anything. Much less anything we have.
edit on 13-7-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

From you TC, telling me my faith is useless and I used the wrong words
Reasonably inferred you are just having a moan while preaching your faith

We disagree, I am happy about that

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I've recently joined a few Christian forums. They usually dont allow me to post much... Anywho, I pose this obvious question: how do you define god?

ETA: As much as I fundamentally disagree with TC, you gotta admit that dude/dudette is pretty entertaining.
edit on 13-7-2020 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

From you TC, telling me my faith is useless and I used the wrong words
Reasonably inferred you are just having a moan while preaching your faith

We disagree, I am happy about that

I didn't say any of those things.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

What Did Jesus Say?

This is about what YOU said...

You know?
Atheists are offended by "IT"?
God politely requests...lol
"His"?
"His people"?

Cherry on the cupcake? You, mid thought stream, magically switch the words/concepts love and worship.

Voila! Your spell is complete! We are now brain-washed in the blood/love/worship of the Lamb of Sacrifice, Rose of Charon, Son of God, Son of Man...

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Train the mind.

Usually when I start a prayer I start with 'good God' and I call Him His names which are the truth 'king of kings' 'Almighty one' 'omnipotent one' by which I acknowledge His existence.

And I call Him Yahweh.

And I only ask for things once, because He hears and I trust I will receive what I asked because He is God.

posted on Jul, 13 2020 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I was recently told to literally burn every religious text I have thats not the Christian bible. I thought that was kind of cute, but kind of scary. I love theology. Why would I burn everything against the strict whatever bible that dude reads?

Whatever.

Jesus was Jewish. I can't be Jewish because there's no way I ain't eating pig. Jesus spoke against religion. My interpretations of religious teaching inevitably meet with diehards that say I'm for sure hellfire bound.

Define God, and we'll talk.

link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance
Train the mind.

Usually when I start a prayer I start with 'good God' and I call Him His names which are the truth 'king of kings' 'Almighty one' 'omnipotent one' by which I acknowledge His existence.

And I call Him Yahweh.

And I only ask for things once, because He hears and I trust I will receive what I asked because He is God.

Classic. The only reason to actually want a god around, because it can do stuff for you.

link   

Why am I not surprised that God is for you just a tool to validate your ego?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join