It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does God need worship?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

I don't think Tzarchasm wants to hear or is interested for that matter.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I don't think he needs it - I think he wants it and not for himself but for us. I think of worship as being more of a means of connection and because it connects us it is needed by us. What I think God actually wants is us and I think he wants worship because it delivers us to him. He doesn't need it or us though. God needing someone or something implies that he has things he requires in order to sustain himself or his godhood.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Why wouldn't someone worship an all powerful being in control of his/her life, right.

Some people believe they are in control because they can perform some lab tests or simply because they can choose whether someone else lives or not because they are able to murder.

They can murder but they can't bring back to life.
edit on 25-7-2020 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

They will fanboy or fangirl for stars but ask them to idolize God and you've gone too far! Some people cannot humble themselves and some people humble themselves too much to the wrong people.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Out6of9Balance

Why wouldn't someone worship an all powerful being in control of his/her life, right.

Some people believe they are in control because they can perform some lab tests or simply because they can choose whether someone else lives or not because they are able to murder.

They can murder but they can't bring back to life.

I think it’s pretty clear God is not in control, I think it’s pretty clear we all have freewill

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I think God has everything well under control being above all things, even when that means allowing things not according His will.

posted on Jul, 25 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yeah, hmmm, nmmm. Nahhh
I want Him to return to end the evil now

See to many in pain to think it’s under control. Not arguing His plan just His speed.

posted on Jul, 29 2020 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Are you saying all people are one with God? This I don't believe. I only agree with parts of your post.

Do you accept the scriptures as inspiration? If so, lets read it together.

Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Acts 17:28-29 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of
your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring. Acts 17:29 Forasmuch
then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead
is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

If a human being is not the offspring of his or her Creator, then what are they?
Maybe you're under the assumption not everyone is human, or part alien.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Just kicking this around in my head, see if it has any legs
I know it offends many atheists that God requests love from His people and I understand their frustration but

We worship God so we can find our own value within Him.
Once we understand how valuable God is we can understand/learn how valuable we are to Him and then recognise how valuable/important we are to ourselves, our self worth

worship is not about God, worship is a discovery of self worth through Gods eyes

Not just worthless monkeys with no hair

Anyway, probably millions of theologians have considered the same before

The Idea that God or Gods need/desire our worship is a construct of the human mind , God was created as the ultimate submission tool to control the minds of People or society if you will . Church was created as the house of God , which basically gives the Church the power of God .

Now the God I'm talking about is the Judaeo Christian God , who loves worship, Money and sacrifice or atleast until Jesus came along.

I believe in God , I feel God working in my life but the God I have a relationship with is not the God of the Bible I'm not really sure what that is in the bible those Jews were worshiping but it was not God, Likely it was an Evil entity masquerading as God.

posted on Aug, 5 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The way people were confused into submission of these people is wrong. They were confused, they did not find God and freedom.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join