It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop doing pot/weed please!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
James, you should go smoke pot before you make judgements about it and how it affects you. You're getting all of your info from b.s. sources like DARE, and you can't back any of it up with you own personal experience.

Pot is not addicting. There is no proof that your brain creates a phycological dpendence on it like it does with crack and heroin. Pot is habit forming, just like masterbation. You don't need to do it, but DAMN it feels good.

I know you're lying when you say that all of the kids that smoke pot in your US gov't class failed. How do you know they smoke pot? Did you smoke with them, did you see them do it at a party, did you smell it on them? I know tons of stoners at my school, and most of them have 4.0 GPAs, and they chief it up every weekend. Maybe you're right about all of the kids in your class being stoners. Just remember this: just because all of the stoners at your school failed, doesn't mean that every stoner in the world is exactly like them. Your school isn't they only one on the planet.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
WTF IS DARE!!!! I asked this before and no one says anything....... WTF IS DARE! I dare you? What, don't listen to people dareing you to do drugs? SOmeone please tell me what dare is....

Also, drugs are illegal, so no, not going to use an addictive drug that kills the body.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
WTF IS DARE!!!! I asked this before and no one says anything....... WTF IS DARE! I dare you? What, don't listen to people dareing you to do drugs? SOmeone please tell me what dare is....

Also, drugs are illegal, so no, not going to use an addictive drug that kills the body.

DRUG ABUSE RESISTANCE EDUCATION

D.A.R.E.

Do you know any LEGAL drugs that are addictive and kill your body?

Are you using any of them?

WAKE UP!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser

www.dare.com...

D.A.R.E. = Drugs Are Really Evil

link   
Drug AwaReness and Education or something like that. This topic really makes me wanna roll a fatty.

Drugs Are Really Expensive, Drugs, Are Really Entertaining, ect....

[edit on 16-3-2005 by jrod]

link   
DARE: Drug Abuse Resistance Education.

It's a national disinformation program run in the US public schools and elsewhere. It allows Law Enforcement to start indoctrinating children at an early age with all kinds of false information. This is the program that encorages children to turn in their parents for drug use, BTW. Though, I doubt they're told that if they do, the likely result is that they are going to be taken away from their parents and will find themselves living in a [sarcasm] nice [/sarcasm] foster home.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
You mean like ketamine, or antidepressants? Frankly, the pharmecutecals that can make the people who aren't supposed to take them are many. Here's the new plan- DON'T DO DRUGS. Oh, by the way- pot has been linked to higher rates of schizophrenia later on. Damn, so much better!

Actually there are many people taking prescribed medication that have become suicidal. Nothing to do with people taking them when they're not supposed to.

Yes. Because the booze causes them to kill others, not their own anger, or irresponsibility.

You missed my point. The point is it's not pot that makes ppl stupid. It's not the substances or objects we use, it's our own actions.

Smoking weed is roughly the same as smoking cigarettes. So, scratch that arguement.

No it is not. You don't smoke 2 packs of joints a day. You don't get addicted to THC. You don't need a "patch" to quite pot. Millions of ppl have not died from lung cancer due to smoking pot. Pot and tobacco are not the same thing.

Your argument is getting weaker by the second. How about personal responsibility? Cars don't spring to life and crash into each other. I'll admit, I'm not fond of the pollution, but hey, hybrid and electrics are coming out, so there's an alternative.

Again you missed my point. I WAS talking about personal responsibility.
Most pot smokers are as responsible as most car owners.
And there are things in our World with far more potential danger than POT.

People kill people. There's a person behind the trigger, every time.

Again missed my point.

I'm a Canadian- my government doesn't run around invading other countries. AS for deaths caused by cops, 99% of the time I'm on the cop's side- along with anyone who knows JACK about the real world.

Not just cops kill ppl. Espionage, war etc... etc...Again I was just making a point. It's stupid to ban something 'cause some ppl miss-use it. (government is an exception though hehe...)

Coomunism doesn't work, capitalism doesn't work, so I'll take the one where I don't get dragged out of my hosue in the dead of night and shot.

Again missed my point. I wasn't arguing against capitalism in this instance, just the stupidity of blaming the "thing" not the person abusing it. I could have said communism but it is not really relevant to us westerners and my interpretation of what Communism is and yours I'm sure are far different.

Pot doesn't kill people, people kill for pot. THAT is the problem. Dealers shoot each other. The profits head back to organized crime, which kills people. Gangs and bikers and mafioso steal, rape, kill, blackmail, extort. Damn, that's appealing. Like I said, I don't take issue with pot. I take issue with the PEOPLE WHO SELL IT TO YOU.

The guy who shot those mounties is not your normal pot grower. He obviously had problems. The pot didn't make him kill.
I know a lot of growers and sellers. No different than you or me.
And if it was made legal your whole argument would be mute.
It's the fact that it's illegal that creates the problem you talk about.
And you said yourself PEOPLE kill people...

Then again, I didn't shoot four mounties over that coffee, did I? Grow up, and look beyond your next hit. Follow the money, think of the consequences beyond yourself.

I do. I think of all the people who benefit from using pot. I think of all the people who have been killed by using prescribed legal drugs. I think of all the people who are addicted to prescribed legal drugs. I think of all the people who would be better healed using pot instead of dangerous, barely tested, prescribed legal drugs. I think of all the people in prison for just trying to improve their lives.
Grow up?? You are the one with the closed minded "can't-see-the-forest- for-the-trees" attitude. You grow up! And realize that your blind vision is depriving many ppl of the benefits of mother nature.
And it's violating that FREEDOM I'm sure you claim to have and support...

[edit on 16/3/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The folowing is an opinion and is in no way an admssion of guilt to breaking any current laws that may be in effect. The use of I in a sentence is merely projecting saying what should I be allowed to do. What should we all have the RIGHT TO DO TO OUR MINDS OR BODY.I'm not saying that I do any of the following.

Smoking pot/ doing hallucinogenics or whatever, like alchohol, like cigarettes should be a matter of personal choice. Basically it is a question of who owns the right to do something to a persons mind and body. One is allowed by law to go out and drink as much alchohol as they want, the more that is consumed, can possibly lead to the more chances of damaging the body. The more that is consumed the more that the mind gets distorted and changes of mood. Surely my point is not open to debate I believe we all know for this to be true. By law I'm allowed to inhale deadly lethal poisons into my body(Granted they put warnings on these packages, however they let these people advertise there lethal, addicting products). We don't deem it necessary to ban alchohol just because there is a yobbish culture( a minority I hasten to add) that go to bars drink, alchohol and then go looking for fights or to vandalise some property. Why? We condemn this behaviour and if the perpertraters are caught then they are charged and so on and so on. Just like alchohol there is a criminal element attached to some pot smokers, however this is a minority. Not all people that smoke pot are criminals. I put the fact to you that the majority of people who say smoke pot for example just get on with the normal day to day things in life. Most have jobs and pay taxes. Alot have say acheived the passing of exams and maybe gone on to work in the things that they been studying for. Some don't. People who just go home after and have a smoke instead of a beer or a vodka or whatever "legal kick that you are allowed to have" Some people actually use it because they have certain pains due to certain illness's. Arthritis, MS, (there are more but I'm just building a quick picture) who smoke pot or eat food with pot in because it relieves the pain they go through. Uumm I always see lots of MS pot takers robbing houses. I always see an arthritic guy robbing the bank. Can you imagine someone with an arithtic hip robbing say 7-11. It wouldn't be hard to chase after the guy now would it?
Look into all the facts about something and really research to see if it's bad. I put to you people there have been extensive studies and reports that have been given to Goverments (PRESIDENT NIXON DIDN'T LIKE A REPORT ON A STUDY THAT HE ASKED TO BE DONE, THAT INSTEAD OF MAKING IT PUBLIC; SUPPRESSED IT: HE THREW HIS COPY IN THE BIN!!!!!!!!)saying that there is are no social problems directly linked to the use of pot. It doesn't necessarily lead to madness. Perhaps there are cases. There are also cases of people who drink alchohol, are alchoholics and can't work because of it that are on the system, so the tax payer has to fund them. The taxpayer who perhaps smokes pot. Are the people who drink to much and cause damage, crazy? So shouldn't alchohol be banned, made illegal?

Look at the facts and I mean all the information at not just what the establishment controlled media say to you. Remember these mainstream media companies only print what their owners want the public to believe. There is so much information that is not in your copy of say a big national paper. Or on the most watched news programs in your specific countries. It's only what the people in control put out to get people to believe what they want. The same sort of people who give you the "Official Version of Events" on say the 911 incident. Study these things and it doesn't add up!! Yet these are the same people who supressed information on these incidents are supressing information regarding pot/'___' so on and so on

As the late Bill Hicks said "They never put a positive drug story on the news" It's always "Young man! On Acid! Thought He Could Fly! Jumped from 4 story building! Never about the many wonderful experiences people have had with psychedelics. People who talk about the wonderful experiences are considered dangerous or crazy. That is how they maniuplate their way for you to think. IT'S NEVER A HUGE AMOUNT OF INCIDENTS THAT HAPPEN BUT THE INCIDENTS THAT DO THEY BLOW IT UP TO GET THE PEOPLE THINKING IN A CERTAIN WAY ABOUT IT.

We've heard similar stories relating to alchohol. Man heavily intoxicated by alchohol thought he could climb the dangerous radio tower. He fell and died. Should alchohol be banned because of it? Is it considered to be banned? No because who really has an enlightening experience with alchohol? I haven't. I've been drunk plenty and been sick a few times and stumbled in front of cars because I can't walk straight. Not a really positive experience.

SO WHO REALLY HAS THE RIGHT TO SAY I/YOU CAN'T SMOKE POT OR TAKE A PSYCHEDELIC WHEN 99% OF THE TIME THE PEOPLE WHO DO IT DON'T INFRINGE ON OTHER PEOPLE RIGHTS AND DON'T CAUSE ANY HARM BY DOING SO?????

PLEASE DON'T ALWAYS BELIEVE THE OFFICIAL VERSION OF EVENTS AS BEING THE WHOLE TRUTH. THERE ARE POWERFUL ORGANISATIONS WHO SUPRESS THAT INFORMATION.

VISIT infowars.com davidicke.com propagandamarix.com IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT MORE ON HOW THAT IS ORCHESTRATED. THESE SITES OFFER INFORMATION THAT ISN'T ALWAYS IN THE MAINSTREAM CONTROLLED MEDIA. WHAT COULD TURN OUT TO BE IMPORTANT INFORMATION.

IF YOU HAVE READ THIS FAR WELL DONE. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT OR ASK QUESTIONS. I MIGHT NOT KNOW THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING BUT IT'S ALWAYS WORTH LOOKING IN TO FIND OUT. THANK YOU AND BEST WISHES

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The guy who shot those mounties is not your normal pot grower. He obviously had problems. The pot didn't make him kill.
No different than you or me.
And if it was made legal your whole argument would be mute.
It's the fact that it's illegal that creates the problem you talk about.
And you said yourself PEOPLE kill people...

This is my point DE, society is creating a market. Who's benefiting right now? The bikers. If you legalized pot, sold it like anything else like booze or smokes, the money would go into the gov't coffers, not the gangs. Everyone wins.

Let's have an anal American view on this topic.

Jeez, this is 2005.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
All I will say is that there are alot worse drugs I or someone else could be useing, and that marijuana is one of the most benign drug out there if taken orally or vaporized.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cownosecat
All I will say is that there are alot worse drugs I or someone else could be useing, and that marijuana is one of the most benign drug out there if taken orally or vaporized.

How about as a suppository? That way you could take them and hide them at the same time. Damn, I love Carlin.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think pot is good in certain ways. Many people I know smoke it and they are very smart and hard workers...I went through a phase where I smoked a good amount, and I consider myself smarter and more aware of life...I can't really explain it, but it helped me reach an enlightened state to see how the world really works, and why we are alive. And you may think that's "stoner bull#", but I haven't smoked at all in a long time...I don't regret doing it at all, and I think everyone should try it at some point in their life.

Some people are just fools to begin with. You can give an idiot a gun and he might shoot himself...you can give a responsible person a gun and nothing will go wrong. Some people are just morons and will screw things up no matter what...there are also many other responsible people who choose to use pot or other drugs for relaxation every once in a while...they don't let it run their lives, it's just something that they like to do on occasion. At least realize it's no different than an average American going to the bar for a couple drinks on the weekend. Even though drinking is far worse for the mind and the body than most illegal drugs...but I won't get started on that.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Shoktek]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
First, the gov't needs to make money from it, and we want better education for our children, so I propose this.

Sell licenses tell grow marijuana to individuals. There are close to 300 million Americans, and there are more that smoke than reported..

www.dfaf.org...

Of the 14.6 million past month marijuana users in 2002, about one third, or 4.8 million persons, used it on 20 or more days in the past month.

Think of 50 people you know, and more than 4 or 5 get high..trust me. It is more like 15 to 20 % of the population use it at least once a month.

So, if you could buy a licnese for 1000 dollars, would you do it? That equates to a little more than you spend on that 1/4 oz of mexican trash you buy from a diswasher at work on Friday.(analogy folks..).

So, if 20% smoke, that is 60 million people. Now, once something is legal everyone owuld give it shot so this is a conservative figure. now, at 1000 a pop, that is 60 billion dollars, for education, not defense spending. Imagine that, the pot heads helping out the community through getting high.

Make the penalty very stiff for trafficking also, no tolerance. no fines, a month in jail first time, year the second, 3 strikes your gone. Funnel some of the money for education about the harder drugs such as crack and herion.

Once the government can make ALOT of money, it will be legalized. But right now there is to much tied up in this with the DEA, judges, courts, lawyers, etc..Be alot of out of work people if it was legalized, you know??

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This thread pisses me off. I've smoked pretty much every day of life for about the past 11 odd years, and though I do feel slightly altered/stupid immediately after smoking, there seem to be no long term effects worth losing sleep over. I've graduated every single one of my university courses well above 80% of the mostly nerds and squares that make up the classes, and I'm probably far and away the hugest burnout/loser with no ambition out of all of them.

Thread starter is likely interchangeable with anyone of those squares.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Quote: "Sell Licenses allowing individuals to Grow Marijuana."

Jackpot! Yes now we are talking! Pure Genius my friend! I am Glad to see that there is at least ONE person awake & Thinking Critically out there! Congratulations! I myself would Personally Pay a Grand for an
"Official License to Grow" - Easy! Hey Government - Are you Listening?

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   
First of all James, Youre an idiot! Second... youre confusing '___' with X, so youre an idiot again. And third, pot is only worse than cigarrettes because it burns hotter. If you smoke it in a water bong or a vaporizer of some sort, its much safer than cigs you moron! GO DIE NOW!!!!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
This is my point DE, society is creating a market. Who's benefiting right now? The bikers. If you legalized pot, sold it like anything else like booze or smokes, the money would go into the gov't coffers, not the gangs. Everyone wins.

Let's have an anal American view on this topic.

Jeez, this is 2005.

Who would benefit if it was legalized? the bikers. They ahve an infrastructure and supply already up. They could go legal, and reap massive products as the only major player in the game. Sure, some moeny would go into government coffers, but the majority of it would go into gang's.

DE

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I do. I think of all the people who benefit from using pot. I think of all the people who have been killed by using prescribed legal drugs. I think of all the people who are addicted to prescribed legal drugs. I think of all the people who would be better healed using pot instead of dangerous, barely tested, prescribed legal drugs. I think of all the people in prison for just trying to improve their lives.
Grow up?? You are the one with the closed minded "can't-see-the-forest- for-the-trees" attitude. You grow up! And realize that your blind vision is depriving many ppl of the benefits of mother nature.
And it's violating that FREEDOM I'm sure you claim to have and support...

Think of all the people killed over that damn plant. I think of all those drive bies fueled by the drug trade, the bunkers in Montreal and out west built on pot money, the people who dex and fool with the pot before it hits the street. I think of all the people in prison for profiting from the misery of others. I think of people who steal from each other to get pot and other drugs.

You can't see that people fight and die daily to buy, use, steal, and profit from it? They aren't interested in helpign anyone but themselves, and if you fool with them, they'll kill you for trying. You're not listening- I know that pot makes people happy. You people don't seem to care where your plant comes from, as long as you get it. You don't care that your money is buying guns for the gang down the street. You don't care that growing the pot is takign your tax dollars. You don't care that all those young people are getting in on the drug culture. You don't care that people see dealing as an acceptable way of life. You just want your damn pot.

DE

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Who would benefit if it was legalized? the bikers. They ahve an infrastructure and supply already up. They could go legal, and reap massive products as the only major player in the game. Sure, some moeny would go into government coffers, but the majority of it would go into gang's.
DE

How do you figure? Want consumer would want to risk buying off organized crime when they can just run to the corner store or whatever. The gov. would have the resources and budget to build and maintain their infrastructure. They wouldn't legalize it unless they figured they could make huge profits off of it and stranglehold the market demand. Selling it without a licence would still be illegal. I don't go to the Hell's Angels to pick up a two four of bud.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
DeusX can't you see all those problems that you mention are not the fault of pot? It is the fault of the system, that makes the pot illegal.
If pot was legal there would be no illegal drug trade in it.

Look what happened during Prohibition. It created an illegal black market and gangs fought over their markets. Does that happen now it's legal? No.

Don't confuse pot with "other" hard drugs, on the street pot is like candy.
No one fights over candy. It's the hard drugs like Crack, that are highly addictive, and a very lucrative market that gangs fight over.
Pot is everywhere, easy to get and reasonably cheap. Don't label all pot growers as bad 'cause one loony tunes shoots some cops.

And BTW Bikers deal in Speed not pot, at least here in California.
The Hells Angels pretty much own the meth trade here.
Most pot is grown by small local growers. The Authorities call them grow houses. There's lots of them.

[edit on 17/3/2005 by ANOK]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join