It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop doing pot/weed please!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I never smoked it back in high school, but I still had trouble in school. Not with grades, but with the people who constantly felt the need to put me down in any way they could. Thanks to those few people that always gave me a hard time, I now have a major social anxiety problem, and one hell of an anger problem.
Now, I smoke about 10 or more bowls a day, and would deffinatly label myself as a stoner. I still have social problems.....except when I'm high, I still have an anger problem...except when I'm high. If I had smoked back in high school, first off, the school day would have been over in the blink of an eye, groups of people wouldn't bother me as I would obviously be floating above them, and if I actualy did feel bothered by someone, I would have dealt with it as opposed to bottling it all up. Pot isnt really a cure, more of a treatment.
Besides the recreational use, don't knock the plant, it's been around millions of years before your mommy and daddy ever even thought of not wearing the condom, and I strongly believe that just this one plant could save the entire planet...anyone who would research this would find many and much richer people agreeing with me. Unfortunatly, much like myself before I started smoking, alot of people believe exactly what the government wants them to believe, that this plant will make u misserable and kill you. Ofcourse everyone has to believe their elected officials, no one can research things themselves.
Lets all just ignorantly believe everything we are told!!!!
Not I,.....I can't knock it cause I've tried it.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
'___' is lethal, people die from first use time alot. It causes dehydration, but so #ed out of their mind they don't realize and die.... unless emmidiate medical attention is gotten.

Cocaine is addictive, so is pot. "It's not addictive, now give me some or I will kill you!" Anyways.....

No, No, No. No one has ever died from dehydration off '___'. You're very misinformed about drugs. Visit the vaults of erowid.org and educate yourself.

I've done a good many drugs, am an upstanding person with a good job and blah, blah, blah. What are the living situations of the "pot-heads" that failed? In my highschool there were two kinds of pot-heads. The "scummers" that didn't care who knew they smoked (see "John Bender" of Breakfast Club). These kids had bad upbringings.

Then there was the "partiers" jocks, preps - whatever you call them. We smoked just as much weed yet are now college grads/still in college. Most of us hid our pot use as not to broadcast it around the school. From personal experience I know that nearly everyone in my class hit a joint from time to time. Mostly with absolutely no ill-effects.

The liquor is what did some of us in.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Ok if we're gonna be anti-pot because SOME of the people that use it are stupid, how about we ban cars because a lot of people get pretty stupid when they get behind the wheel.
A lot more people are killed by stupid drivers than stupid pot smokers.

Pot is far less addictive than cigarettes and kills far less people. And a lot of stupid people smoke cigarettes. In fact anybody who starts smoking cigarettes, with all we know about them now, has got to be pretty stupid.
I used to smoke cigarettes, I quite, but I still smoke weed. Has my level of stupidity changed, no I'm still as stupid as I ever was.

I've known a lot of stupid people who drink alcohol and get even stupider when they've had too many. In fact some have got so stupid they killed someone. Wait, what was that again, nobody has ever been killed because of pot.

Stupid maybe, I can live with that. But killing people, isn't that more of a problem?

We have a stupid guy as president, should we ban the government? (hehe actually maybe you ARE on to something).

It is a FACT, more people are addicted to prescribed medication than illegal drugs. In fact the problem is 10 times worse than illegal drugs, of any kind.
I don't see anyone yelling ban pain killers, or sleeping pills, or clonapins, or oxycotin. All HIGHLY addictive.

Source: www.addictionbyprescription.com...

The reason pot is considered such a dangerous "drug" is because of the pharmaceutical industry. Like many things in the past, hemp kept down by Dupont, hi-def TV by the General Electric company etc. I think most of you know those stories.
It's not too hard to grow your own medicine but have you ever tried to make a synthetic medication? The pharmaceutical industry would lose out big time if the truth about the medical benefits from smoking or consuming pot became common knowledge and it's use was legal.

Here are a few famous "stupid" stoners;

Art Garfunkel
Oliver Stone
Richard Branson
Dr. Jacques J. Moreau
Fredrich Nietzsche
Busta Rhymes
Steven King'
Prince Charles (OK I'll give you that one)
Pancho Villa
George W. Carver
Salvador Dali
Jennifer Aniston (yeah her too lol)

Source: www.friendsofcannabis.com...

Believe it or not us pot smokers are better off with it being illegal.
I just think it should become a low law enforcement priority.

This is why: www.cannabisculture.com...

[edit on 15/3/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
pot is so great. i love it. i smoke weed before i go to class to help my mind focus better. ever wonder why eating something stoned is different? because the tetrahydroxlah stimulates all your senses skyrocketing them so you pick up things faster etc. could this be why i can drum better stoned? or maybe it just gets me thinking in a more positive mood?

if you ask me it would be better if society had only pot and no tobacco, i mean come on whats the death rate of nature cigarettes to those nicotine cigarettes? true facts folks...

im not saying everything in pot is necessarily good, just better compared to soemthing which doesnt even get you high..like tobacco...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   
No self-control is a mother.

If you have to go to rehab for pot. You are weak.

There is no physical addictions.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I am sure that even with pot he would have been high and attacked someone for pot..... wait, that doesn't even make sense. If he wasn't addicted to pot he wouldn't have done that,

I still don't understand this...back when I smoked pot, I became antisocial and actually avoided other people no matter how badly I was feening. My pothead friends did the same. I've never once heard of a person who was high and actually resorted to violence.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   

'___' is lethal, people die from first use time alot. It causes dehydration, but so #ed out of their mind they don't realize and die.... unless emmidiate medical attention is gotten.

James are you fabricating this or do you have any hard evidence? I'm not aware of any cases like this using '___', are you referring to MDMA?

Cocaine is addictive, so is pot. "It's not addictive, now give me some or I will kill you!" Anyways.....

Ok lets eliminate coc aine from this discussion as it seems to have ended up in the wrong place. Marijuana and Cocaine are in no way identical when it comes to explaining dependancy.

"Laboratory scientists sometimes joke that the definition of a drug is any substance that, when injected into a rat, produces a journal article. Hundreds of studies have proven that laboratory animals can be taught to self-administer coc aine, even to the point of causing their own death. The earliest such studies, conducted in the late 1960s (Deneau et al., 1969; Pickens and Thompson, 1968) are important because they show that even drugs that do not produce physical dependence and withdrawal can be highly "reinforcing"; that is, after being administered the drug, lab animals can be made to self-administer more of it. Deneau et al., for example, demonstrated that monkeys would push a lever for coc aine over twelve thousand times-nearly as many times as physically dependent monkeys push it for heroin.[34] By the late 1980s, over five hundred articles describing the reinforcing properties of coc aine had been published (Johanson and Fischman, 1989).

Pot does the same thing cigarettes do, only more damaging on the brain.

No it doesn't, I think this has been discussed numerous times always failing to pick up any credibility. Lets factor in for example that Tobacco naturally contains Nicotine a very potent chemical, Cannabis contains THC. I could draw you a chart with the pros and cons but you'd be better off doing that yourself. Thats just natural too, not mentioning that Tobacco also contains up to 63 proven cancer causing agents.

So saying it doesn't kill is a lie. It is like cigarettes, if you smoke 50 packs, you don't there..... but 10 years later when you have lung/throat cancer and die, the cigs killed you. Also, Pot doesn't kill, unless you smoke it and drive and end up in the hospital for three days cause you crashed your g/fs car.
Pot does the same thing cigarettes do, only more damaging on the brain.

Not if you were to smoke those 50 packs and quit afterwards. The lungs are capable of recovering themselves. You just said it yourself there.. Pot doesn't kill unless you smoke it and drive. I agree there, you shouldn't drive on any mind altering substance thats really a no brainer.

How do I know all the pot heads failed(well, 5-10 didn't, the other 60-70 did)? Easily, no one noticed me, they talked about whatever like the room was empty even with me there. I knew who did what, who did who, where the parties would be, what was being served, who's family/friends were in jail, going to jail, getting out, why they were there, so forth. Also, pot heads smell like pot, gee imagine that..... So when they don't graduate on time, it means they failed. And it just happens the people who did drugs failed... coincidence? No. One or two maybe, but 60-70? No.

Hmm im trying to make sense of that but im failing to do so. There is no evidence in your paragraph to support your claims. Your saying that because a handful of kids in your school have failed, it should encompass the entire world into your blog. Did you ever think that perhaps your school board is responsible for the failures?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by saintnuke
I never smoked it back in high school, but I still had trouble in school. Not with grades, but with the people who constantly felt the need to put me down in any way they could. Thanks to those few people that always gave me a hard time, I now have a major social anxiety problem, and one hell of an anger problem.
Now, I smoke about 10 or more bowls a day, and would deffinatly label myself as a stoner. I still have social problems.....except when I'm high, I still have an anger problem...except when I'm high. If I had smoked back in high school, first off, the school day would have been over in the blink of an eye, groups of people wouldn't bother me as I would obviously be floating above them, and if I actualy did feel bothered by someone, I would have dealt with it as opposed to bottling it all up. Pot isnt really a cure, more of a treatment.
Besides the recreational use, don't knock the plant, it's been around millions of years before your mommy and daddy ever even thought of not wearing the condom, and I strongly believe that just this one plant could save the entire planet...anyone who would research this would find many and much richer people agreeing with me. Unfortunatly, much like myself before I started smoking, alot of people believe exactly what the government wants them to believe, that this plant will make u misserable and kill you. Ofcourse everyone has to believe their elected officials, no one can research things themselves.
Lets all just ignorantly believe everything we are told!!!!
Not I,.....I can't knock it cause I've tried it.

Saint ... First of all ... you have way to good of a concept of Anxiety ... It is all in yoru mind ... My friend is just like you ... and I finally got mad at his stoned azs one day and just told him ... He was reall blowed that day ... I guess that is what it took he never even acts angered or nervous ... anymore ... Crazy ... Was it the pot that let his mind understand the concept that it really was in his head I am not sure. When you are stoned it just makes you forget simple stuff. So you are able to more focus on wide issues. That your thoguhts don't interfere with Because you forgot that you don't like people ... you are to busy thinking about some other nonsense LMAO .... Deuce ...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
ok well ur a f'n idiot i dont give a poop if ur friend could take apart a pc and put it back together. that really isnt that hard, i smoke weed and ya know what the only thing that has come out of it is? my asthma isnt as bad anymore. so f u

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
No self-control is a mother.

If you have to go to rehab for pot. You are weak.

There is no physical addictions.

This is a LIE ... I myself started smoking when I was 19 years old ... I have never drank or smoked a cigarrette before that .. I started smoking ... Hydroponically grown pot ... I was spoiled .... Early .. anyways after about a year I decided ok I have had enough I want to stop smoking at least for a little while. I smoked EVERYDAY at least a 1/2 OZ.everyday approx $150 worth************************************* but anyways ... I stopped and I would wake up in piles of sweat every night after the first week I stopped. Not sure why the first week I stopped smoking there were not affects. But then about 1 week after I stopped my body I guess lost all of its THC in it .. I am not sure but I swear I would wake up and think i pissed on myself because I would sweat so much. It wasn't natural and I wasn't doing anything but working all day with my dad in construction and then coming home and relaxing around the house. I would get migrane headaches as well sometimes. But the worst thing was the sweats in the middle of the night. After three months they went away ...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I didn't think this would be such a heated topic. Watch the name calling guys.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Where is creativity? Thats all I have to ask... since people have been downing weed for so long it has pushed kids into diffrent areas of drug abuse. Ecstacy, Crack, Specail K because these are drugs that do not stay in the bloodstream as long, so the kids choose to use these harmful drugs to minimize the chance of getting busted in a school drug test. Notice your surroundings, the pot heads of the 60's where the creative thinkers who brought us this far. Now look at the world, Movies, Music, ideas are just ideas that have originally been made but altered because creative thinking has been abandoned. Or should I say that thier probably has been a bigger decress in pot smokers.

Toke up, be responsible and continue to think.

Just a thought...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
People use an unscientifically sound method of polling thier "pothead" friends and if it fits in to the stereotype the stories about it must be true. I have seen just about every point used in Reefer Madness in the last 2-3 thread by anti-pot fanatics that it's about to make my #ing head explode. Sorry for the language but I have seen so many fallacies and half-truths on this thread alone. People who are more prone to drug abuse will abuse drugs period. I doesn't matter whether it be Pot, Heriod, X or Meth. If it's available and the person wants to do it they will do it. Bans have not worked, infact a good case can be made to say that Bans have only made the problem worse. I remember back in High-School the hardest drug that could be optained was Cocain yet it wasn't that popular due to two reason. 1. Everyone knew the crap was dirty and 2. Weed was cheaper. That is changing now, as all I hear from my friends who have brothers and sisters in HighSchool is that Meth is sweeping the schools. Concentrating on a minor drug like Marijuana is foolish as people who would abuse it and become lazy sacks of # would do the same thing with other substances if Pot wasn't available. Alchohol is a drug that is far more dangerous yet it is legal. Some people really need to re-evaluate and re-reasearch and talk to more people before you go and make broad sweeping judgements from on high the moral high horse like some Bu#e. I know you James from your posts and you probably will not react too well to that comment but its the truth...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I didn't think this would be such a heated topic. Watch the name calling guys.

Intrepid you obvoisly have not participated in any of these discussion that much before
It usually degenerates into an emotional melee.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
First FACT; there has never been a death from marijuana in recorded history! I am not grandstanding....this is simply the TRUTH!!!!

One of the many claims surrounding the use of marijuana is that if it is re-legalized, all sorts of societal mayhem will ensue. One measure of such mayhem, of course, is mortality. While only three deaths are said to have been directly caused by the use of marijuana, there is also the issue of "drug-related" deaths. That is, those deaths in which use of a given drug is said to have played a part in leading to the death, though not necessarily part of the direct chain of events that "caused" a given death.

Marijuana use is much more dangerous that believed and hundreds of young people die each year in "accidents" caused by their prolonged use of the drug, according to Britain's most senior coroner.
Hamish Turner, the president of the Coroners' Society, told The Telegraph that the marijuana, often portrayed as harmless, has increasingly been the cause of deaths that have been reported as accidents or suicides.

"Cannabis is as dangerous as any other drug and people must understand that it kills," said Mr Turner. "From my long experience I can say that it is a very dangerous substance. Increasingly it is mentioned not only as the first drug taken by people who overdose, but also in suicides and accidental deaths.

Nope... never a death from "weed"....

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
James all I can say is I have had a job for years, I made it through school, I take care of my kids first! I even obey every other law for the most part. So what are you talking about? Pot hasn't saved me but it sure hasn't hurt me.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
elevatedone those are interesting articles how many of those accidents/suicides involved drugs other than pot. meaning pot was just one of the drugs found in the system this is where I see fault if some kid takes a bunch of X and he was smoking pot to it still would be the X that he OD's on. If some kid flips out on '___' someone takes him to the hospital and they find pot in the system then they would say pot had something to so with it.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone

One of the many claims surrounding the use of marijuana is that if it is re-legalized, all sorts of societal mayhem will ensue. One measure of such mayhem, of course, is mortality. While only three deaths are said to have been directly caused by the use of marijuana, there is also the issue of "drug-related" deaths. That is, those deaths in which use of a given drug is said to have played a part in leading to the death, though not necessarily part of the direct chain of events that "caused" a given death.

Please read further into the website, it seems to offer its own rebuttal to those supposed deaths.

One of the important things about what is recorded in the cause of death part of a death certificate, is that the order in which the conditions are listed is intended to provide a chain of events sequence between the underlying and immediate causes of death. This information is also encoded within the data stream for each record in the mortality data itself.

I sent another email to the NCHS and disclosed my findings: according to the rulebooks on filling out death certificates and managing the mortality data, the three cannabis deaths should have been coded as due to "Y19," "R56.8," and "R09.2":

# Y19 - Poisoning by and exposure to other and unspecified chemicals and noxious substances, undetermined intent

# R56.8 - Other and unspecified convulsions

# R09.2 - Respiratory arrest

In reply, the folks at NCHS informed me that their mission, ultimately, is to help prevent unnecessary deaths. When attempting to define a preventable condition, it is of course better to be as specific as possible. In these cases, I was told, the deaths coded as due to respiratory arrest and unspecified convulsions qualify as conditions that just aren't very informative in terms of discovering mortality trends or designing preventive measures.

In such cases, the procedure is to use whatever other specific data is available -- even if it is in Part II of the death certificate. In essence then, the deaths are blamed on cannabis simply because there was nothing else to blame them on. In the case of the death that should have been coded as "Y19," I was told that I am correct. However, the data will eternally remain the way it is, as once the records are made "public" it is quite impractical to attempt such a minor modification.

www.briancbennett.com...

Interesting, to see the constant battle going on between both sides. However even if we assumed the three deaths were Cannabis related, it still does not stack up to other deaths making it virtually non-toxic.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by Linux]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Hey, how come if pot is suppose to make you calm why are all of you ready to kill me because I think something taht kills you shouldn't be allowed.... Gee, so calming now is it?

Also, WEED/POT KILLS! Like I said, it is like cigarettes but worse. If you smoke 50packs of cigs a day, you won't die, but 10 years later when you have lung/throat cancer and die, cigs killed you. Yes, no one has OD on pot, but of course, pot heads with such messed up brains don't realize there is something beyond 10 minutes of fun.........

'___' causes dehydration, so at a club, do '___', get dehydrated, don't know, dance to death...... people have died on first time uses.

Pot is addictive, anything addictive is either illegal or cigarettes.

Pot kills the brain, why pot heads fail school while non-pot heads usually don't.(unless they do other drugs)

Also, isn't talking about doing illegal activities a no no on ATS? SO all of you "What? I smoke pot all the time, I no brain damage" are doing no no ATS rules.

Also, again, pot heads saying make pot legal is like a Pimp saying make prostitution legal, or Ted Bundy/Jeffery Lionel Dahmer/Jack the Ripper saying make murder legal.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555

This is a LIE ... I myself started smoking when I was 19 years old ... I have never drank or smoked a cigarrette before that .. I started smoking ... Hydroponically grown pot ... I was spoiled .... Early .. anyways after about a year I decided ok I have had enough I want to stop smoking at least for a little while. I smoked EVERYDAY at least a 1/2 OZ.everyday approx $150 worth************************************* but anyways ... I stopped and I would wake up in piles of sweat every night after the first week I stopped. Not sure why the first week I stopped smoking there were not affects. But then about 1 week after I stopped my body I guess lost all of its THC in it .. I am not sure but I swear I would wake up and think i pissed on myself because I would sweat so much. It wasn't natural and I wasn't doing anything but working all day with my dad in construction and then coming home and relaxing around the house. I would get migrane headaches as well sometimes. But the worst thing was the sweats in the middle of the night. After three months they went away ...

I dont care what you put that you did or what you did. What I know is, that THC builds up in your FATS cells.

When you are out or dont have any, your body is still getting the THC, just not the mental high.

So in short you are not withdrawing, because its there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join