It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop doing pot/weed please!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Clearly, everyone is fond of weed. Now, how about someone adresses my points? Weed is fine, weed is good...the people selling it, growing it, and profiting from it by and large are not.

DE

Oh and I guess selling and profiting from LEGAL pharmaceutical drugs that cause people to be suicidal is OK.
Selling and profiting from a LEGAL beverage that when consumed by some ppl causes them to kill other people is OK.
Selling and profiting from a LEGAL substance we know KILLs people is OK, don't smoke?
How about it being OK to profit from a common object that not only causes pollution but also KILLS ppl...your car.
You probably support the right to own a gun also, yes? They KILL people.
You probably support your government, they KILL people.
You probably support the capitalist system, it KILLS people.

Wow do we have our priorities right or what

Weed, pot, ganga, nuggets, buds, trees, hashish, Mowie Wowie, Northern Lights, White Widow, hemp, has never KILLED anybody.
And most of the people that grow and sell weed are people just like you.
They don't form corporations that pay your government to go to war to maintain their profit margins. They don't send jobs to overseas sweatshops and then gouge the US public for essential needs.
Everything you hear in the news is highly exaggerated. Pot is not the problem you think it is. And if it was then I would be looking as to why, not at the pot intself, but in society. Don't blame the pot.

Leave the weed alone, there are a million things more dangerous!
And millions benefit from it.
Who are you to tell someone what they can use to get their head straight?
I don't like coffee, if you drink it, I want you to stop. See how stupid that sounds?

(Edited: Sry I'm stoned, forgot some stuff)

[edit on 16/3/2005 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Pot should be illegal. I agree. There should be harder legislation for it's control. And since we're on the subject I'm putting together a list of other things that should be banned. Everyone please contact your congressman and send them this list so we can make the world a safer place for everyone.

01. Fire
02. Earthquakes
03. Tornados
04. Hurricanes
05. Volcanos
06. Flash Floods
07. Trees (Trees are the leading cause of forest fires)
08. Water (Water is the number one cause of drowning)
09. Rocks (Can fall on people)
10. Any animal species that has ever harmed anyone
11. Electricity
12. Gravity
13. Continental Drift (if we can stop this we might be able to stop earthquakes and volcanos in one shot)
14. Avalanches
15. All Plants that produce poison
16. Humans (quite possibly the most lethal thing to humanity)

Please, for the sake of our children and our future, join with me to outlaw these killers! Write congress. Get out in the streets. You can make a difference!

[edit on 3-16-2005 by ShadowHasNoSource]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
James, you sound just like my nerdy friend.....you're stuck up on your beliefs. The funny thing is, you are going by what you are observing only, without having any idea what others are feeling or thinking. So your friend dropped out of high school, why did he drop out? Obviously you would answer for him and say it was because school was interfering with pot smoking. Okay, so what? Why does you friend have to be another doctor or lawyer? Does he want that? Obviously no, he dropped out. Why did he resort to violence down the line? Well, it's obvious to me he wanted in the damned house. Why did he want in the house?
It seems to me that you took the story of a troubled friend, labeled him a "POTHEAD", thought about it for a few minutes, and concluded that the pot was responsible for him being such a violent loser.
I am not one of those people that try to make others smoke, but I will argue out anyone spewing harsh comments towards the plant that is my #2 source of entertainment next to sex. You seriously need to lighten up. I bet your brain would react the same to hearing the word "POT" as it would the words "RAPE" and "KILL", if you understand what I mean by that.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Oh and I guess selling and profiting from LEGAL pharmaceutical drugs that cause people to be suicidal is OK.

You mean like ketamine, or antidepressants? Frankly, the pharmecutecals that can make the people who aren't supposed to take them are many. Here's the new plan- DON'T DO DRUGS. Oh, by the way- pot has been linked to higher rates of schizophrenia later on. Damn, so much better!

Selling and profiting from a LEGAL beverage that when consumed by some ppl causes them to kill other people is OK.

Yes. Because the booze causes them to kill others, not their own anger, or irresponsibility.

Selling and profiting from a LEGAL substance we know KILLs people is OK, don't smoke?

Smoking weed is roughly the same as smoking cigarettes. So, scratch that arguement.

How about it being OK to profit from a common object that not only causes pollution but also KILLS ppl...your car.

Your argument is getting weaker by the second. How about personal responsibility? Cars don't spring to life and crash into each other. I'll admit, I'm not fond of the pollution, but hey, hybrid and electrics are coming out, so there's an alternative.

You probably support the right to own a gun also, yes? They KILL people.

People kill people. There's a person behind the trigger, every time.

You probably support your government, they KILL people.

I'm a Canadian- my government doesn't run around invading other countries. AS for deaths caused by cops, 99% of the time I'm on the cop's side- along with anyone who knows JACK about the real world.

You probably support the capitalist system, it KILLS people.

Coomunism doesn't work, capitalism doesn't work, so I'll take the one where I don't get dragged out of my hosue in the dead of night and shot.

Wow do we have our priorities right or what

Weed, pot, ganga, nuggets, buds, trees, hashish, Mowie Wowie, Northern Lights, White Widow, hemp, has never KILLED anybody.
And most of the people that grow and sell weed are people just like you.
They don't form corporations that pay your government to go to war to maintain their profit margins. They don't send jobs to overseas sweatshops and then gouge the US public for essential needs.
Everything you hear in the news is highly exaggerated. Pot is not the problem you think it is. And if it was then I would be looking as to why, not at the pot intself, but in society. Don't blame the pot.

Pot doesn't kill people, people kill for pot. THAT is the problem. Dealers shoot each other. The profits head back to organized crime, which kills people. Gangs and bikers and mafioso steal, rape, kill, blackmail, extort. Damn, that's appealing. Like I said, I don't take issue with pot. I take issue with the PEOPLE WHO SELL IT TO YOU.

Leave the weed alone, there are a million things more dangerous!
And millions benefit from it.
Who are you to tell someone what they can use to get their head straight?
I don't like coffee, if you drink it, I want you to stop. See how stupid that sounds?

Then again, I didn't shoot four mounties over that coffee, did I? Grow up, and look beyond your next hit. Follow the money, think of the consequences beyond yourself.

DE

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
There is alot of bad people out there that profit from everything so if we are supposed to get away from everything that they profit from you might as well not buy anything

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Quote: "They don't form Corporations that Pay your government to go to War to Maintain their
*Profit Margins* "

Is this not the REAL Outrage - That Big Oil Corp & Big Pharma Corp & Big Weapons Manufacturing Corp - OWNS the Executive & Legislative Branches of the U.S. Government. Yet it is not the Corporate Coup of our Government or the Corporate RAPE of the Citizenry of our Country that is getting these people up in Arms - its a PLANT! Now that’s the real problem! Outrageous!

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Seraphim_Serpente]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
OMG... I'll try to be nice.. no name calling and all ..

Here goes.. .

To address the off topic first...

About XTC... or "MDMA" in specific...
there is also some fabrication ..
and once again people dying is due to the fact that there is a lack of information on the subject... therefore ignorant people

"Super-strength pills - the myth

Media reports of a recent ecstasy-related death have focused on so-called super-strength pills. We'll leave it to the experts, Drugscope, to explain why this isn't the real reason Lorna Spinks died:

"We need to dispense with the idea that the tragic death of Lorna Spinks and the other eight victims of ecstasy so far this year, had anything to do with 'super-strength' ecstasy or rogue or contaminated batches" says Harry Shapiro, from DrugScope.

"Many drug users will often take two or more ecstasy tablets together meaning a combined dose far higher than the one that killed Lorna.

"Most forensic tests on 'rogue' E's reveal primarily ecstasy with little evidence of contaminants that could possibly have accounted for these deaths. Nobody really understands the physiological reasons as to why Lorna died when her friends who took exactly the same drug did not. Nor it appears was she a first time user."

So why do some people die when taking ecstasy?

Heatstroke

Ecstasy stimulates the nervous system. In a club setting this can encourage users to dance for long periods of time, and if the place is hot and humid then overheating problems can occur. If body temperature exceeds 40 degrees there is a real risk of fatal respiratory collapse. MDMA, the active chemical in ecstasy, is believed to have some anti-coagulative properties (which means blood can't clot properly). Under these conditions, for some people this can lead to massive bleeding, both internally and externally, and ultimately death. Warning signs include:

* Cramps in the limbs
* Fatigue and faintness
* Headaches and vomiting
* Inability to pee that's more severe than usual on e, even if you feel the need"
www.thesite.org...

Okay .. .now again ..

Your arguement DeusEx is a very ignorant one as well..
"Because the booze causes them to kill others, not their own anger, or irresponsibility."

Off topic as usual but again ..
"Booze" kills people itself.. it causes strokes and seizures when you STOP administering it... .. i.e.. If you drank for a whole week straight and you stopped you are at a very high risk of having a stroke or seizure.. now, I'm not talking about moderate drinking.. no .. I'm talking about the drinking that really goes on, where the deaths happen, where once again, weak minded people along with a horrible dibilitating substance will suffer and then die, especially without the proper attention.
As for the anger related deaths with "booze"
That is the persons problem, not the booze... the booze is like a magnifier, and an excuse... (from society) because lots of drunks are lushes and could care less.... but the angry people use it to prove they're more angry because of the chemicals realeased in their mind.. because an angry individual already has a different chemical make-up prior to drinking so the alcohol will react to the chemicals already there. Shall I continue? or do you get my point...

NExt...

Smoking weed is roughly the same as smoking cigarettes. So, scratch that arguement.

Yes... Very roughly ... it would be the same as standing upwind near a fire..
BUT ... Cigarettes have some UNNATURAL chemicals added to it, to preserve it... Should I continue, or do you get my point?.....

Next

Your argument is getting weaker by the second

Yes yours sure is...

Next.. Cars? ... Well being ignorant of certain senses... sight, or speed control are PEOPLE problems.. again we stem back to the person, not the excuse ... and pollution .. well heck .. its the price you pay for NEEDING to get somewhere fast.. right?

Next...

People kill people... Not guns... hrmmm... I don't know any doctors who pulled any humans out of anyone.. other than a c-section .. I know doctors who take bullets out of people though..
but than again, thats not the gun... its the bullet... right? technicalities are useless when you still remember the source... same argument with the satan thing.. well if god created everything than he's respondsible for satan .. what a mean guy .. yeh .. okay.. and once again its the person... not the substance or object...

Next..

I'm a Canadian- my government doesn't run around invading other countries. AS for deaths caused by cops, 99% of the time I'm on the cop's side- along with anyone who knows JACK about the real world.

Yeh, me too ... and yes.. actually heard of MK-ULTRA? .... Hrmm.. our government drugged people unwillingly ...
We carry guns too, we've killed people overseas... sure we aren't the biggest bully... but if the bigger bully died... we'd be target number 1...

Your idea about cops.. (way off topic... but anyhow) ...
Suppose no ones on the highway ... so your going 120KM/H...and then you fly by a cop ..
You're a criminal .. yeh, look at the speeder.. so dangerous.. He's killing people and raping them .. yup.. but nonetheless... a criminal .. a criminal is one who breaks the law... so don't think they're on your side "buddy" you could just as easily become their enemy...

Your kick about communism ..

Sorry but what we're experiencing has never happened in history before..
it isn't communism, it isn't christian or islamic.. it's a movement of people who want to control THEMSELVES.... choosing their "major" deciding whats good for them ... not everyone else.. only the individual knows whats good for the individual at the appointed time..
This is something NEW... not old..
in the old society of hunter/gatherer... (which still exists.. i.e. New Guinea Tribes) ... you cannot go to the elder and tell him to assemble the youth because you want them to think for themselves... "think for themselves??" the elder will say .. Choose their major??? Theres only two majors.. hunter or gatherer... Not today .. it is a new thing .. it isn't communism, capitalism.. it isn't religeous.. or democratic.. ...

Next....

Pot doesn't kill people, people kill for pot. THAT is the problem. Dealers shoot each other. The profits head back to organized crime, which kills people. Gangs and bikers and mafioso steal, rape, kill, blackmail, extort. Damn, that's appealing. Like I said, I don't take issue with pot. I take issue with the PEOPLE WHO SELL IT TO YOU.

People are NOT killing for POT... They are killing for themselves.. they are killing for their rights... their freedom.. that's just the medium they choose, like you choose your ranting and raving about substances and objects to express your freedom.. You take pot away from those people, they will still do it.. I am only stating a fact.. they'll continue their search for freedom somewhere else, with a different object or substance..

Next...

Then again, I didn't shoot four mounties over that coffee, did I? Grow up, and look beyond your next hit. Follow the money, think of the consequences beyond yourself. .....

No you didn't, but take that coffee away from you and see what you do ..
it isn't the object or substance.. its the thing we can't see.. called freedom .. start recognizing it..

The freedom to choose your majors... choose wisely... open your mind..

Thank you ..

EDIT: Oh sorry I forgot to get back to the thing I agreed with ..
schizophrenia... it isn't exactly schizophrenia, it's related, but clinically different.. just like all schizophrenics aren't dangerous.. some just appear "weird" ... not big deal there... but yes.. I'll agree with you, but not totally.. because no where have I seen it "dangerous.." yes weird.. but never threatening.. just different perceptions.. who cares if people don't agree with the norm .. theres a lot of heavy game players out there.. .addicted to the character they play... egos are great..

[edit on 16/3/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This is perfect proof your theory isn't sound...
this individual not only is intelligent enough to play an instrument, but they could write too!... not to mention be a productive member of society....

Ben Harper - Burn One Down

Let us burn one
From end to end
And pass it over
To me my friend
Burn it long, we’ll burn it slow
To light me up before I go

If you don’t like my fire
Then don’t come around
Cause I’m gonna burn one down
Yes I’m gonna burn one down

My choice is what I choose to do
And if I’m causing no harm
It shouldn’t bother you
Your choice is who you choose to be
And if your causin’ no harm
Then you’re alright with me

Then don’t come around

Herb the gift from the earth
And what’s from the earth
Is of the greatest worth
So before you knock it try it first
You’ll see it’s a blessing
And not a curse

Then don’t come around

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I beg to differ.

I was an ounce a day pothead in highschool. And I scored honors in my govornment and economics class. Plus honorable mention on the state economics exam.

I was a pothead and it failed to lower my IQ any., which remained at about 138 and still is.

So pot does not make people stupid. Its more than likely that the people who smoked pot at your school were already stupid, and decided to get high so they wouldnt feel so bad about being idiots.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Everyone has their own opinions- fairenough.
My opinion is that it depends on the mentality of the person smoking it- if you are a naturaly lazy waster- then it isnt gonna help you get anywhere. BUT if you have motivation and so on it wont effect you and if you have a strong enough mind to start off with- your not going to get addicted.
Cannibis is a natural herb- grown from the ground ( oh dear i sound like a hippie man lol)-
alcahole manmade full of poisions- OH but it is legal and society accepts it-
Cannabis a HERB and if you smoke it you are classed as a 'druggie'. Its all very annoying- but i cant see it being changed- it dont think the government were too keen to de legalise it to a class c drug ( in Britain)- but they had to because they realised its not that dangerous.
I know people that smoke it quite often and they have normal, stable lives.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
1. NO one has EVER died from an overdose of marijuana.
2. I think you are jealous that you cannot have the fun that others have getting high, not studying and passing classes. I think it is BS that ALL the pot heads failed. That is complete #.
3. As anything, it affects each person differntly. I have known people who can drink a case of beer, but hit a pipe once and they are gone for hours.
4. Pot doesn't kill people, people kill people. Just like guns.
5. It is not legal because of the contributions from cigarette and alchohol companies, google the contributions made.

go smoke a joint.....

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Quote: "Cigarettes have some UNNATURAL chemicals added to it."

Yes that is True. Cigarette Manufactures actually add all of these Chemicals to their Product - they Say to Preserve it - but in fact it just makes it more Addictive. They Sell more Product & Make more Money - Simple!

Due to the Current ILLEGAL Status of Cannabis - said Cannabis Market is a so-called "Black-Market"! When you have such a High Level of Demand on a Commodity that is Illegal you have People (Usually Criminal) that will step up & take the Risk to Supply it. They are usually Rewarded with *HUGE PROFITS* since they can SET THE PRICE TO WHATEVER THEY WANT! These aren't usually the Nicest People in the World - they usually do end up adding lots of Chemicals to the Cannabis while Growing it (Same Mentality as the Tobacco Corps).

Solution - if Cannabis were Legalized I can Grow my own - if I wish it to be *ALL ORGANIC* - it will be! The Government can Regulate (18 & Up) & Tax it! BOOM there goes the Organized Crime Mafia Element! The Government is SOOOO Stupid - can't they see that it is THEIR OWN Unbelievably Ridiculous Policies that are causing all of these Problems! They are actually FORCING People in their 20's to go to Criminal Drug Dealers to get their Pot! As has been stated before these people don't really care about you - they only care about making Money - so it is not abnormal for them to also try to Sell you Cocaine or Heroin or some other TRASH while you go get your Synthetic Crappy Bud from them! NO Thank You! I don't WANT THAT CRAP! What I WANT is *Organic All Natural Cannabis* put on this Planet by GOD for me to Smoke!

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I read thru the whole thread and had an incredible response that would answer all of your comments, as well as give insight into the meaning of life, the answers to all our fears of death and the keys to happiness.

I took a bong hit and forgot it all.

I hate when that happens.

I no longer smoke pot. I smoked it daily when I was younger. I quit because it no longer did much to me, other than put me to sleep. I know plenty of people that carry on in their profession and are very competent and wealthy and they are stoned half the time.

I thoroughly agree that there are far worse drugs out there to rail against. There are also many other societal problems that should be dealt with before pot is attacked. Pedophile priests would be a nice start. Drug related crimes is another. Nobody gets baked and goes on a killing spree. Try working the coke/heroin market instead of pot.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
about your comments regarding the fertilizers added durning the growing process....

*Most* are natural elements

although I will say I know some "older" people who were unfortunate victims of the all wonderful agent orange that was sprayed all over the place...

and some chemicals that soak into the ground will grow throughout the plant and cause possible disease or ailment....

Most growth fertilizers are stuff like bat crap and other nutrients like multi-vitamins.. unlike the fermeldahyde(sp?) and HORRIBLE HORRIBLE things added to cigarrettes.. and shesh! who thought of making alcohol 40% ??? how powerful is wine? ...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well i would like everyone to stop smoking weed too, not because of if it is bad for you but rather because of what happened here in canada recently. 4 mounties were shot at a grow operation a few days ago (all young and 1 i had met before) and in my mind that sums it all up right there. Its simply is not a victemless crime in my mind.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911

About XTC... or "MDMA" in specific...
there is also some fabrication ..
and once again people dying is due to the fact that there is a lack of information on the subject... therefore ignorant people...

So, you're telling me that MDMA had nothing to do with the fact that they died? They simply made the choice to keel over at a rave? No. E, much like any other drug, is dangerous. People- especially young people- become reckless and irresponsible in its use. It comes back to the choice of the user. Just like I could use a hammer to help me build a birdhouse, or kill my family in their sleep. The hammer is nothing but a tool. People make the choice to ABUSE DRUGS, and they must suffer the consequences.

Your arguement DeusEx is a very ignorant one as well..
"Because the booze causes them to kill others, not their own anger, or irresponsibility."

It's well backed up that, yes, an excess of booze will kill people. And people who go to bars, get in fights, bust heads...it's a choice. Whatever happened to personal responsibility. You're frobbing back and forth, saying one second that you are for it, then suddenly you are above and beyond the rules.

NExt...

Yes... Very roughly ... it would be the same as standing upwind near a fire..
BUT ... Cigarettes have some UNNATURAL chemicals added to it, to preserve it... Should I continue, or do you get my point?.....

Oh, and the occasional dexxed joint does not? What about your papers? Because, you know, the bleach they use on them is terribly natural...

Next.. Cars? ... Well being ignorant of certain senses... sight, or speed control are PEOPLE problems.. again we stem back to the person, not the excuse ... and pollution .. well heck .. its the price you pay for NEEDING to get somewhere fast.. right?

Nothing is free, sorry. Magic isn't going to get me to work. Cars are an unfortunate byproduct of modern living. Cars do not kill people. People kill people. I've said it once, I've said it again. People, not inanimate objects, make the decisions that end lives.

Next...

People kill people... Not guns... hrmmm... I don't know any doctors who pulled any humans out of anyone.. other than a c-section .. I know doctors who take bullets out of people though..
but than again, thats not the gun... its the bullet... right? technicalities are useless when you still remember the source... same argument with the satan thing.. well if god created everything than he's respondsible for satan .. what a mean guy .. yeh .. okay.. and once again its the person... not the substance or object...

The trigger doesn't pull itself. The hammer doesn't cock itself, and the safety does not randomly go on and off. You don't like guns, don't buy them. In the meantime, try to sort out your twisted ideology- pro drug, pro the violence it breeds, but anti gun?

Next..

Yeh, me too ... and yes.. actually heard of MK-ULTRA? .... Hrmm.. our government drugged people unwillingly ...
We carry guns too, we've killed people overseas... sure we aren't the biggest bully... but if the bigger bully died... we'd be target number 1...

Oh yes, not China, or Russia, or Europe. Of course we'd be the biggest target, since we have so many nukes and troops and a history of oppressing the weak! [/sarcasm] MK-ULTRA was a CIA operation conducted on Canadian soil. LINK; en.wikipedia.org...

Your idea about cops.. (way off topic... but anyhow) ...
Suppose no ones on the highway ... so your going 120KM/H...and then you fly by a cop ..
You're a criminal .. yeh, look at the speeder.. so dangerous.. He's killing people and raping them .. yup.. but nonetheless... a criminal .. a criminal is one who breaks the law... so don't think they're on your side "buddy" you could just as easily become their enemy...

The rules are the rules. That's the way the world works- you can't play nice, you don't play at all. Breaking the law is breaking the law, so don't do it. Novel idea, no? Since I abide the laws, they are on my side.

Your kick about communism ..

Sorry but what we're experiencing has never happened in history before..
it isn't communism, it isn't christian or islamic.. it's a movement of people who want to control THEMSELVES.... choosing their "major" deciding whats good for them ... not everyone else.. only the individual knows whats good for the individual at the appointed time..
This is something NEW... not old..
in the old society of hunter/gatherer... (which still exists.. i.e. New Guinea Tribes) ... you cannot go to the elder and tell him to assemble the youth because you want them to think for themselves... "think for themselves??" the elder will say .. Choose their major??? Theres only two majors.. hunter or gatherer... Not today .. it is a new thing .. it isn't communism, capitalism.. it isn't religeous.. or democratic.. ...

Uhhh...what does that have to do with the reds, aside from your attempt to justify your hedonism? And, by the way people trying to 'think for themselves' happens every twenty or so years. Remember the beginnings of punk? Hippies?

Next....

People are NOT killing for POT... They are killing for themselves.. they are killing for their rights... their freedom.. that's just the medium they choose, like you choose your ranting and raving about substances and objects to express your freedom.. You take pot away from those people, they will still do it.. I am only stating a fact.. they'll continue their search for freedom somewhere else, with a different object or substance..

So, killing cops, innocents and other criminals is a right? Breaking the law is not a right. You're jsut not understanding- pot is a cash crop for bikers and gangs. It provides funding for their way of life, which is violent and destructive. You'll know, when you choose your 'major', maybe open your own bussiness, and they cut off your fingers because you wouldn't pay protection.

Next...

No you didn't, but take that coffee away from you and see what you do ..
it isn't the object or substance.. its the thing we can't see.. called freedom .. start recognizing it..

Yes, since your assumption that I am a coffee junkie, and that other coffee junkies would respond by grabbing their guns and shooting cops is an astounding leap of logic. jefferson said 'your right to shake your fist ends where my nose begins.'

The freedom to choose your majors... choose wisely... open your mind..

Thank you ..

EDIT: Oh sorry I forgot to get back to the thing I agreed with ..
schizophrenia... it isn't exactly schizophrenia, it's related, but clinically different.. just like all schizophrenics aren't dangerous.. some just appear "weird" ... not big deal there... but yes.. I'll agree with you, but not totally.. because no where have I seen it "dangerous.." yes weird.. but never threatening.. just different perceptions.. who cares if people don't agree with the norm .. theres a lot of heavy game players out there.. .addicted to the character they play... egos are great..

The issue is that schizophrenia and diseases like it are debillhiltating. They are vastly unpleasant, which is an issue. Wierd is not.

DE

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Super Strokey
Well i would like everyone to stop smoking weed too, not because of if it is bad for you but rather because of what happened here in canada recently. 4 mounties were shot at a grow operation a few days ago (all young and 1 i had met before) and in my mind that sums it all up right there. Its simply is not a victemless crime in my mind.

I would like you all to stop going to gas stations or getting gas period..

because of all the poor gas station attendants that have been killed.. and also all the people who died making the oil extraction systems, and processing the oil, as well as all the people who have died shipping it... and all the people who have died trying to control it... how about that? ... stop being so irrational ..

how about we stop killing people totally, that would solve the problem at the root...

Why are you all concerned with the end results? Worry about the beginning or the root and the end will be made clear...

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Super Strokey

Don't blame that on the plant man. The guy that shot the mounties had a history of violent behavior. Grow operations raids are usualy peacefull. In the last four years in over 800 raids on grow ops only two turned into violence.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinatracementshoes
Don't blame that on the plant man. The guy that shot the mounties had a history of violent behavior. Grow operations raids are usualy peacefull. In the last four years in over 800 raids on grow ops only two turned into violence.

That's because grow ops are generally uninhabited. just weekly or monthly checkups/harvests.

DE

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
What you're not realizing is, that I DO know all of which you spew...

But in reality there are no "sides" like you claim ... no right and wrong..

its right for a cop to kill but wrong for a civilian
its wrong to pee on someone, but right to pee on someone when your in the bush and cut yourself bad enough (to cleanse the wound)

life is flux.... so is law, you cannot avoid the flux of the world.
so either one of us claiming this is the truth is stupid.....
I could become the victim of one of these crazed pot heads needing a fix and side along with you altogether... but if it ain't broke ... don't fix it..
and law is mans attempt at fixing stupid people... you can't... so just let them weed themselves out. Stupid people make stupid decisions... if they're to ignorant to see its stupid, then its their fault.. and NONE of your or my business, Chaos is generally good... a murdering physco will just kill you, but a murdering physco on acid might think about it... either that or their so "spaced" as people put it, you can reason them out of it.. you can't reason with sober people.. or people who think they're right... just like nazi's and the KKK....

I could just as easily pick your side of the fence and bash on the "pot heads" but pot heads have never been nothing but nice to me and treated me with respect, never stolen from me, and haven't hurt me.
Althoug all those people who think their right have physically hurt me, or stolen from me because they thought 'meh, he's wrong, or an idiot for liking those people or hanging out with "losers".... not only that they've been respondsible for mass violence against peaceful people

People who think they're right, never know when they're wrong.
and
People who think they're wrong, never know when their right.

So if you are seeking to be right, it's better to be wrong first... and have someone tell you you're right.

and no I wasn't assuming your a coffee junky,... just using your amazing example so you would understand what I was getting at...

Remember, it isn't the words that are important... its the meaning.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join