It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop doing pot/weed please!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I swear, how can anyone think drugs are good? I am tired of all these damn potheads! "What? Weed doesn't make you stupid. Heheh, boobs, those soccer balls look like boobs. Heheh, I can't read, I use to be able to, but can't anymore, it's not the weeds fault." Friend of mine was smart, could take a pc apart and put it back together blindfolded and make it 10 times better. Now? In and out of court, quit school, no job, nothing. He went from top 20 in the class to HS drop out. Why? School interuppted his pot smoking. He would get a crave to smoke and school wouldn't let him, so he thought it best to just stop going.

He went to court cause he did drugs, wanted into someones house, they said no, you high, so he attacked them with a 2x4.
He got high and crashed his g/fs car, went to court for that.
Can't get a job because he can't pass any drug tests. And work would interuppt his pot smoking.

Another friend went to rehab for 8 MONTHS! for pot.

Then in my US Gov. class guess who didn't pass? ALL THE POT HEADS! Not a single one. And how do you know they pot heads? THEY SMELL LIKE POT! How do I know they didn't pass? Because USG is required to graduate, they all whined at end of semester that they weren't going to graduate because of that "Asshole USG Teacher". Not to mention, the english teacher, math, history, economics, and all the other classes they failed. Another thing, in my senoir class of 402, about 70 did pot, how do I know?(I was like a ghost, except people would have noticed a ghost...in other words people would talk about how they raped 50 pigs right next to me cause to them I didn't exist) Guess what? All but 5-10 failed! Gee, white, hispanic, black, didn't matter, they did pot, they failed.

Another thing, all those "Legalize pot" people are pot heads, gee, imagine that. It is like Ted Bundy and Charles Manson fighting to make murder legal.........

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This is a classic example of placing the burden of responsibility where it does not belong. People are responsible for their own actions no matter what "influence" they are under. You do your friend a disservice by laying the blame on pot. People need to wake up and face the consequences of their actions without farming the blame out to their weaknesses or habits or whatever else we use to deny personal responsibility.

Steve

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Another thing, all those "Legalize pot" people are pot heads, gee, imagine that. It is like Ted Bundy and Charles Manson fighting to make murder legal.........

Damn James, I don't know whether to leave this here or put it in Rant. It's a helluva good one. I really don't agree with your position, did my fair share of toking in my day and still managed the Honour Roll. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of burnouts as well. It boils down to motivation. As for legelizing pot, the only reason I think it should be is because it is a battle that can't be won and at least taxation and less policing of it would benefit society.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
"But have you ever looked at a $20 bill on pot?? Is that man in the bushes!? You just don't know! Red team go, red team go!"

-Half Baked

Such a funny scene.

I have no opinion on pot besides that I abstain from doing it after that first hit...just grossed me out.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I swear, how can anyone think drugs are good? I am tired of all these damn potheads! "What? Weed doesn't make you stupid. Heheh, boobs, those soccer balls look like boobs. Heheh, I can't read, I use to be able to, but can't anymore, it's not the weeds fault." Friend of mine was smart, could take a pc apart and put it back together blindfolded and make it 10 times better. Now? In and out of court, quit school, no job, nothing. He went from top 20 in the class to HS drop out. Why? School interuppted his pot smoking. He would get a crave to smoke and school wouldn't let him, so he thought it best to just stop going.

He went to court cause he did drugs, wanted into someones house, they said no, you high, so he attacked them with a 2x4.
Can't get a job because he can't pass any drug tests. And work would interuppt his pot smoking.

Then in my US Gov. class guess who didn't pass? ALL THE POT HEADS! Not a single one. And how do you know they pot heads? THEY SMELL LIKE POT! How do I know they didn't pass? Because USG is required to graduate, they all whined at end of semester that they weren't going to graduate because of that "Asshole USG Teacher". Not to mention, the english teacher, math, history, economics, and all the other classes they failed. Another thing, in my senoir class of 402, about 70 did pot, how do I know?(I was like a ghost, except people would have noticed a ghost...in other words people would talk about how they raped 50 pigs right next to me cause to them I didn't exist) Guess what? All but 5-10 failed! Gee, white, hispanic, black, didn't matter, they did pot, they failed.

Are you talking from experience or just repeating cliches? Don't knock it till you tried it, etc. I've smoked, and i am on the honor roll, and well respected by all my teachers. Pot has nothing to do with your 'intelligence'. The type of person you are determines were you go after the first time.

I used to be the same way as you. Then i realized i was really just repeating cliches. You can't ever understand something unitl you understand it. besides most things are good in moderation. But moderation is simply a matter taste.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Pandoras Box]

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Pandoras Box]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
"You can't understand something until you understand something man...it's like lookin at the stars...real trippy
"

Haha, just kidding man.
I have a lot of friends who toke it and are in honors classes.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Whatever happened to hippies? My mom, dad, aunts, uncles, their friends, all hippies. My mom still has a pic of her at Woodstock with friends doing uh, "magic herb" and "happy mushrooms". They weren't stupid though, college grads all around, good paying jobs, so forth. But today you don't have hippies, you just have idiot pot heads, look at Bush, he did drugs, and he isn't exactly the brightest now is he?(daddy paid his way through college)

Oh yes, don't blame the drug that caused him to do it, blame him. Sure if he had never been on pot he wouldn't have done it...... WTF? It's like a person gets a brain tumor, they do something they normally wouldn't do, so, do I blame the tumor that caused them to do it or the person?

Intrepid, you were probably a hippie, which seem to be extinct these days. Whatever happened to them? Went from peace, love, happiness man, you know man? To Give me pot or I kill you! Stealing from family members and friends to pay for drugs, losing so many brain cells they don't realize that they are dieing. The friend who keeps going to court wheezes. He doesn't breath, he wheezes. He has smoked so much and destroyed his lungs so badly he WHEEZES! He sits there and wheezes! He doesn't excercise or something to make him wheeze, he just sits there and wheezes! He has no idea that wheezing is a bad sign. Of course, for like a week his gps had him under house arresst, so he just went through about 6 packs a day. Well, he was so "happy" when he broke his old record and smoke 9 in one day. gee, his brain hasn't been affected by pot.

Also, legalize it? Why? It is like promoting drinking of bleach. Hey Kids, wanna be cool? Drink Bleach! I think it and cigs should be banned, maybe alchohol, but the beer companies clearly say don't drink and drive, don't get drunk, be responsible. Cig companies? There is nothing wrong with our product, smoke up!

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
next fat people will blame food for obesity. If you have no willpower SOMETHING gets you. Pot, alcohol, ciggies, icecream, couch vs exercise, pulp fiction vs literature, poor choice of girlfriends with the same "eroding of confidence" quality, same choice of boyfriend with a tendency to violence, again and again and again.

They are ALL recurrently poor relationship choices. They are made by people who have not been educated sufficiently to understand the implications of their actions.

I'd say nicotine is as physiologically addictive as heroin. I was hooked. I gave up. I felt shocking for a few weeks. That was 10 years ago. It was a poor relationship choice. I was educated enough to know it was a mistake.
In places like Indonesia, if a man doesn't smoke he's considered gay(not that there's anything wrong with that, although its not to my taste).

Education not criminalisation and victimisation is the ONLY ANSWER.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:30 PM
link   
james
your friends apparently are the exception to the rule. Most people who smoke pot are either smart or stupid to begin with. The smart ones get less motivated, and the stupid ones get retarded. Intrepid is absolutely right, it's all about motivation.

Your claim that all people who want to legalize it are pot heads is misinformed, or just plain mean, I don't know...

Do some research on hemp, as a fibre, resin, food, and fuel. It's one of the most useful plants on earth. To criminalize it because your friends are idiots, that's the epitomy of selfish tunnel vision.

When your friend crashes his Honda, do you blame Honda? When your friend chokes to death on a chicken mcnugget, do you blame poultry? If your friend thinks he can fly, and straps cardboard wings to his back and jumps off the roof, are you going to blame the cardboard, the trees the cardboard came from, and the roofing materials?

Resurect personal responsibility, don't legislate against it. That's not only a waste of time because it's ineffecient, it's also wrong, because it infringes on a person's fundamental right to choose. It's their body, leave it the hell alone.

If you're anti-pot, you really ought to refine your stance after doing some more research; there are thousands of other psychoactive plants, many of them hundreds of times more dangerous or debilitating than pot. I'm sure you hate them too right...even the faithful nutmeg, and the coriander, and the sage...

Ah hell, just make nature illegal. Burn down all the trees and play with yourself in a really big parking lot till you die of starvation and embarassment; penance for rash decision making based on a limited data set. I hate the way my friend acts when he drinks alcohol, so I'm making barley and hops and rye and rice and oats and potatoes illegal.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
No James, I'm about 7-10 years to young to be a hippie. The 70's and 80's were my day. You're "friend" has bigger issues than pot. He's escaping from life. Trust me, I know a thing or two about addiction. *drinks beer*

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
James, your post indicates a real lack of research on your part. If you're going to rail against evil products in society, cannabis is like #423 on the list, really. Look at all the legal things that directly result in thousands of deaths/suicides, like gambling, booze, pills, etc. Why don't you spend you time crusading against those things?

If you believe in God having a plan for Earth, then why the hell did he leave all this weed around? Isn't it fairly obvious that God intended for humans to use cannabis since he invented it and made it so that it grows like wildfire in all climates? Or is your God just stupid and therefore needs your help in figuring out what people should do with their lives?

Find something else to be upset about for God's sake.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Dear Sir/madam,

If these people smoked pot and it help them see. Look at your system it is corrupt to the bone, look at your politics it is corrupt. Why do they ban pot??? When "some" poeple smoke pot it helps them with creativity and it helps healing espicially people with cancer, Arthritis, MS the list continues.

The human immune system was designed for THC the active substance in cannabis, also there are receptor's in the brain which is directly linked to Alzheimers when the receptors are active they reduce inflammation all over the body.

Here I provide you with a link that you might find quite interesting not just you but everyone

www.gwpharm.com...

This is the only company in the UK working with direct cannabis extracts and medicinal usage.

Just for the record I smoke weed and since smoking weed I have started and currently running my own business.

[edit on 14/3/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hunting Veritas

Dear Sir/madam,

You are an Idiot.

That's the last of this type of post. Warns will follow.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Also, legalize it? Why? It is like promoting drinking of bleach. Hey Kids, wanna be cool? Drink Bleach! I think it and cigs should be banned, maybe alchohol, but the beer companies clearly say don't drink and drive, don't get drunk, be responsible. Cig companies? There is nothing wrong with our product, smoke up!

The problem I see James is the quest for intoxication is ubiquitous. It has evolved with us and remains as potent a motivator as sex. If we deny that this is so, we cannot win. I too am generally against drug use. I use caffeine these days and that's it. But drug use is with us. Like prostitution we do not need to legalise it or legitimise it or encourage its use but we do need to make it safe. That is what caring people do. Prohibiting popular choices has historically NEVER worked. Marijuana, in my mind, is easy. Its everywhere. People INSIST on having the choice to use it. So the only real alternative is education. Where does that leave seemingly more dangerous drugs like crack. I'm not sure. Some are just too dangerous to be allowed at all in society imo. There's plenty of grey areas however. We can't ban them all, we cant' permit them all. Removing the danger is important however. Why can't very strictly controlled, government run programs supply some of the popular but dangerous choices. The morbidity from heroin use is predominantly from particulate matter, overdosage, crossinfection with contaminated needles, and exposure to dirtbag underworld salesmen. All of these dangers can be removed by government control. This would also remove an absolutely ENORMOUS health care burden associated with the longterm care of HIV and Hepatitis C infection.

The pseudoreligious righteous need to care more and shout less. For the sake of us all.
I do see where you're coming from, you care for your friends and feel saddened at changes you see but I think you'll find there's more to their stories then the use of drugs. I wish them well.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by bookie]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
ummm, Shut up idiot...

Drug

1. A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.
2. Such a substance as recognized or defined by the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.

A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

There are even drugs in the food you eat... some of the foods you eat ARE drugs...

Closed minded ignorant people who have such a hard time dealing with their life they need to make theres better by bugging people who don't hurt anyone...

All that crap about not being able to read is trash ..

Your friend is a loser, like yourself..

If your going to trash thousands.. ummm scratch that... if your going to trash millions (and if you count the dead... OMG) Numerous amounts of people .. Then I have the right to be just a stupid and call you a loser...

Lets go judging every freakin' loser and see what they do, because obviously that makes them the loser... Get a grip ....

Honestly WHAT does it matter that someone wants to enjoy one of the luxuries of life... and one that isn't half as bad and COFFEE even ..

HOW DANGEROUS IS MARIJUANA
COMPARED WITH OTHER SUBSTANCES?
Number of American deaths per year that result directly or primarily from the following selected causes nationwide, according to World Almanacs, Life Insurance Actuarial (death) Rates, and the last 20 years of U.S. Surgeon Generals' reports

TOBACCO 340,000 to 450,000

ALCOHOL (Not including 50% of all highway deaths and 65% of all murders) 150,000+

ASPIRIN (Including deliberate overdose) 180 to 1,000+

CAFFEINE (From stress, ulcers, and triggering irregular heartbeats, etc.) 1,000 to 10,000

"LEGAL" DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from legal, prescribed or patent medicines and/or mixing with alcohol - e.g. Valium/alcohol 14,000 to 27,000

ILLICIT DRUG OVERDOSE (Deliberate or accidental) from all illegal drugs. 3,800 to 5,200

MARIJUANA 0

(Marijuana users also have the same or lower incidence of murders and highway deaths and accidents than the general non-marijuana using population as a whole. Crancer Study, UCLA; U.S. Funded ($6 million), First & Second Jamaican Studies, 1968 to 1974; Costa Rican Studies, 1980 to 1982; et al. LOWEST TOXICITY 100% of the studies done at dozens of American universities and research facilities show pot toxicity does not exist. Medical history does not record anyone dying from an overdose of marijuana (UCLA, Harvard, Temple, etc.).

Not to mention

4. Nearly all medicines have toxic, potentially lethal effects. But marijuana is not such a substance. There is no record in the extensive medical literature describing a proven, documented cannabis-induced fatality.

It would take approx 500 pounds ingested cannabis to even become remotely toxic...

This is a remarkable statement. First, the record on marijuana encompasses 5,000 years of human experience. Second, marijuana is now used daily by enormous numbers of people throughout the world. Estimates suggest that from twenty million to fifty million Americans routinely, albeit illegally, smoke marijuana without the benefit of direct medical supervision. Yet, despite this long history of use and the extraordinarily high numbers of social smokers, there are simply no credible medical reports to suggest that consuming marijuana has caused a single death.

You praise all these NEW drugs we humans create everyday and demonize the one already there... not to mention don't even classify dangerous drugs as even a drug.. i.e. Coffee....

I don't even smoke the stuff ... but man .. you gotta be pretty stupid to say crap like you are... or are there exceptions to the rule? ..

Society can't outcast people .. thats what creates the laziness... and unproductivity .. stoners are generally happy people .. they become depressed and unmotivated when people MISUNDERSTAND them, and judge them ....
You aren't even a friend to that person if you can say crap like that about them .. Stop making excuses for people who with or without the drugs would have found another substance to abuse .. its better they chose one that doesn't kill them .. and maybe use it to deal with the mental unstability...

Let the warnings come.. I'm anticipating it.. sorry, I've just seen too much of this unfair accusations..

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
Let the warnings come.. I'm anticipating it.. sorry, I've just seen too much of this unfair accusations..

Ask and ye shall recieve.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I have got to say i disagree with you here.
I smoke weed very little compared to a lot of people i know, maybe once a month when i'm hangin out with friends or whatever, no harm done.

Now i think you are generalizing all people who smoke weed as your friend there, which is simply not true. You can't blame it all on pot simply because its use correlates with negative experiences in someones life.

I have had a good friend become a pothead, i saw the difference, the stupidity and i kinda was dissappointed in him but eventually he himself saw what was going on and pulled himself out of it. I had a lotta respect for him for doing that.

So I understand what your trying to say, but i don't think sterotyping all pot users as people whose lives will spiral downward after heavy usage or whatever. It might play some part, but it isn't soley responsible.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
James i'm not sure where to start, you seem to have a strong opinion but a weak argument to follow up on. You claim your friends have had streaks of bad luck using pot, but thats all they are is bad luck. A person will become addicted to marijuana if they let themselves become addicted, its not the type of drug to wreak massive psychological damage on the brain in regards to addiction.

I could argue this point further but I think dnero did an excellant job with his post.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, I can agree with you James, but why just weed?

There are FAR more harmful narcotics than weed/pot/grass/etc...

'___'? PCP? Cocaine? So on and so forth...

I agree that drugs can mess with you quite a bit, but it does boil down to motivation. However, IMHO, I feel anything that messes with your body in a negative way can be considered bad. =/

-wD

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Well, I can agree with you James, but why just weed?

There are FAR more harmful narcotics than weed/pot/grass/etc...

'___'? PCP? Cocaine? So on and so forth...

I agree that drugs can mess with you quite a bit, but it does boil down to motivation. However, IMHO, I feel anything that messes with your body in a negative way can be considered bad. =/

-wD

our parents mess with our brains, or fail to. That's where the problem generally starts imo. Children given everything, no need to work for reward, no sense of empathy, a general lack of love. etc etc etc. Ban parenthood without a license!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join