It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop doing pot/weed please!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I stand by my statement

You cannot outcast people ...

it creates paranoia .. (this is true for NON cannabis users)
it creates depression
it creates a devious mind
it creates criminals because they aren't accepted
it creates a way of thinking that is VERY unhealthy ..

As I've stated before...

The longest reigning and most successful societies and ancient civilizations were KNOWN cannabis users... It creates a harmony..

Not to mention all the research your all missing ...
Your brain was made to process the cannabinoids...
the only thing that effects those certain receptors is THC and its chemical family....
Not to mention the 20 some odd other Herbs your brain was specifically made to process...

Hey is there anyway I could have 5 warnings without having the penalties? .. I think they look neat... plus it makes you stand out ..
I could care less about points really.. take away my fictitious points ... I got my real points out.. sometimes being nasty is necessary for people to understand perhaps their stance isn't as solid as they believed.. Passing the buck is soooooo easy...

Perhaps next time I'll watch my words and only ask for 1 warning.. lol hahah damn "S"

[edit on 14/3/05 by dnero6911]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I'm afraid I'm going to have to back up James for a different reason.

I have nothing against pot by itself, with responsible use. However, there is a lot of irresponsible users out there. Strike one.

Strike two: Method of distribution. Dealers scam you. Quite possibly, they can kill you (dexing weed comes to mind). They also target the young folks, which isn't kosher.

Strike three: The growers. It's all organized crime. Organized crime=badness.

Until you can federally control pot growth, distribution, and have decent legislation for it....ban it.

DE

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Until you can federally control pot growth, distribution, and have decent legislation for it....ban it.

DE

It's already banned DE and that's just making the bikers richer. See Joe Kennedy and prohibition. You want the Hells Angels more powerful?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'd like to ask if anyone here who has responded negatively on pot has acually tried it, and if they are arguing on experience rather than what they learned in DARE.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
I'm afraid I'm going to have to back up James for a different reason.

I have nothing against pot by itself, with responsible use. However, there is a lot of irresponsible users out there. Strike one.

Strike two: Method of distribution. Dealers scam you. Quite possibly, they can kill you (dexing weed comes to mind). They also target the young folks, which isn't kosher.

Strike three: The growers. It's all organized crime. Organized crime=badness.

DE

Okay there is a lot of truth to this..
about strike one..

Strike 1) That just goes without saying there are lots of irrespondsible people, add cannabis and that doesn't make them respondsible .. or vice versa... although people who are just out to get high should deter from it totally.. it should be a tool, not something "cool"

Strike 2) Thank you ... my point exactly as to why it should be decriminalized.. in totality .. it takes the power away from those out to make money .. those who sell the crack and those who sell the "hard" drugs.. if kids didn't have to go to those shady characters and were able to make decisions for themselves and carry out those decisions without reprocussions (growing it for PERSONAL use) then the child might learn someone about Botany instead of how to swindle people for the most money by wetting it down, or adding damaging cutting agents... (to hashish and oil especially)
I have a lot to say about this particular aspect of the discussion because I think if it were a personal decision it would be acted upon more maturely..

Strike 3) .... Yes all the people who get busted or end up on TV are the controversial people .. notice how EVERY spring time they show you tonnes of grow ops getting busted... thats to deter the non-criminals from doing it.. because they fear the problems associated... but the criminals don't care until something happens to them... the statement you've made is incorrect in two parts ..

One ... Personal users would not attract attention to themselves, and honestly .. 1 or 2 plants isn't a biggy...

Two ... It's the organized crime that gets blamed because cannabis is in such high demand? ... no no no ... organized crime would exist and will exist without the cannabis crop... its just a lot easier then mixing your bathtub full of crank ... (not to mention safer toxically)

ALL grow ops as you have stated ARE NOT I repeat ARE NOT Criminal related..... the ones that get busted are.. because they have alterior motives.. (just like the people arresting them) but thats another story ..
You will never hear about Joe blow who got busted with 3 plants or even 10 .
because he isn't scary enough to promote their line of thinking..

I agree with you totally in the other aspects.. but you cannot say all grow ops are organised crime.. many people secretly grow it themselves, for themselves.. especially in the states... heck I know some boys back from school who used to drive around and find the stuff ...
Some of the most intelligent FREE thinkers of the world have admit ably confessed to using Cannabis.. So to say pot made your friend dumb is entirely improper.... It's a sad fact but most people in the world are stupid.. not to be rude... (and no I don't want any more warnings I'm not directing this at anyone in particular.. )
but it's my opinion from people I've known that they become more relaxed with themselves when their high .. or they seem to be able to look at themselves in a different light... The problem is.. most if not all people are a walking, talking copy of everyone around them... all the thoughts you WERE given and all the concepts and ideals taught into your mind.. and the endless chatter that is streamed into your senses.... its hard seeing how much you've changed I would imagine.. maybe some people don't like who they are... or need fancy clothes to fit in .. really each case is different.. and people are just generally messed up ... so blaming it on something else isn't going to fix the problem ...

We've all been raised INCORRECTLY... Physcology is of vast importance in this world... Knowing Thyself is of vast importance..

Buddha says
I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won't presume to probe into the faults of others.........
its one thing to point out someones faults.. but judging them on their faults is entirely different..

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
It's already banned DE and that's just making the bikers richer. See Joe Kennedy and prohibition. You want the Hells Angels more powerful?

Not really, but what's the alternative? legalize it, and suddenly the Hell's Angels go from earning hundreds of millions to a few billion in funds overnight since their property won't get seized. They alreayd have the infrastructure to basically own the industry overnight. So far, it seems like the lesser of two evils to try to destroy their grow ops.

Dnero, addenum: Almost all MAJOR grow ops are organized crime controlled. One one else really has the capital to fund grow houses and stuff.

DE

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Come on, nobody can hate weed!
Weed is like everybodys best friend.

Its there for you when you wake up in the morning and cant be arsed with another sh*tty day at the office

Its there for you when you get home from a hard days work and need to unwind

Its there for you when your feelin sad or pissed off.

Its there for you when you got time to kill on a borin sunday afternoon and have nothin better to do.

Its there for you when your goin through a hard time and need sumthin to take the pain away.

In fact, any problems in your life can easily be smoked away with your good friend cannabis. It never lets you down...

So to all you pot-hating morons out there i ask, what has weed ever done to you? Why does it deserve your persecution? Oh yeah, because TV said so, thats why!

Think about it, if all bars served cannabis instead of alcohol, violent crime would be pretty much non-existent. If all world leaders and politicians smoked hash thered never be a war again.

Weed can save the world.....
*takes a toke"

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yes, everyone at my school who does pot fails, I am sure they are just, "bad luck". I am sure that even with pot he would have been high and attacked someone for pot..... wait, that doesn't even make sense. If he wasn't addicted to pot he wouldn't have done that, if he wasn't high he would have stayed in school and maybe even got higher in the class rankings. If he didn't do drugs he would have a job, but he can't because he can't pass the tests. Ok, legalize something because the laws don't work?

Legalize prostitution, murder, rape, stealing, everything else illegal. Why? Well, according to pot heads the laws making weed illegal don't work, so they should legalize pot. Using this pot head logic, murder, rape, nuking the planet, should all be legal.

Also, unlike pizza, msg, whatever, weed/pot kills you. It is worse then cigarettes...... and that is saying something since cigarettes kill more then guns, water, and fire.......(unless it a fire started by a cigarette) Also, unlike cigarettes weed/pot kills your mind. I don't do drugs, I get good grades, people do drugs, they fail/drop out..........

Also, '___', Cocaine, all worse, all illegal. So, if we legalize pot why not coc aine? '___'? Heroin? "Well, I don't do those so keep them illegal." Right?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
james dont blame the weed its the person.like i always say if the person was stupid to start with dont blame the weed the person is just stupid.dont say weed is a gateway drug either again its the person.hey i only smoke and drink but i prefer to smoke and the only other thing i would try is mushrooms and i can quit smoking anytime i choose(i have done it before).its also a mental thing i am a regular weed smoker and i can play full court basketball games with no problem.you must be confused on that one the peeps that are wheezing and coughing and out of breath are doing so cuz they smoke cigarettes.its not the weed alot of the peeps that smoke weed also smoke cigarettes.so do a lil research before you start badmouthing things.oh and weed is not the type of drug that people start stealing from their family and whoever to support their habit.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Drew Da General]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Legalize prostitution, murder, rape, stealing, everything else illegal. Why? Well, according to pot heads the laws making weed illegal don't work, so they should legalize pot. Using this pot head logic, murder, rape, nuking the planet, should all be legal.

Thats not pot head logic, that sounds more like George W Bush logic.

Also, why do people who hate weed always put it into the same "evil" category as things like prostitution, murder, rape etc... I suppose its all black and white to you. Half the things in this world are good, half evil. And in your logic, if the government says its evil, then it must undoubtedly be evil.
So therefore pot- smokers must be just as evil as axe-murderers or serial rapists?

Do you honestly believe this to be true?

Pot smokers are generally peaceful, easy going people who bring no harm to the world and just want to be left alone to get high. As long as they dont do it anywhere near you, in my logic (real pot head logic) thats perfectly acceptable.

You say that the stoners in your class either dropped out or didnt get grades as high as the non-stoners. I went through both high school and college pretty much high constantly and all my results were C and above, mainly B's, so screw you! All it takes is motivation.

"In my opinion, if you study high, take the test high, you get high grades!" - How High

*takes another toke"

[edit on 14-3-2005 by lost_soul]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
We do not have a drug problem, we never have. We have a people problem. Until we address that the drugs will never go away.

Let me explain.

The government of the USA spends billions of dollars on its war on drugs. They spend the money spraying fields of poppies and pot and coca, flying interdiction missions to catch the smugglers and stop the drugs from flowing across the borders.

That policy is nuts. It has never worked and it never will. The problem is not with the drugs, the problem is with the people.

Lets say that that all coc aine is finally stopped and there simply is no more of it. The addicts will simply turn to heroin. So they stop all heroin, the addict turns to pot. They finally erradicate all pot. The addict will start sniffing glue. They outlaw glue, the addict will turn to alcohol. They outlaw alcohol......oh wait....they tried that. They won't try it again.

The problem is not drugs, the problem is addiction and that happens in people.

We have a people problem here.

Every dime in the war on drugs should be spent trying to cure addiction. Every dime spent otherwise is a waste of money.

As long as there is a demand a supply will rise to meet it. That is a basic economic law. Why the people in government can't understand that is beyond me.

Mankind does not have a drug problem, we have a people problem.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Yes, everyone at my school who does pot fails, I am sure they are just, "bad luck".

First how are you determining this, have you polled the entire marijuana smoking crowd? I know lots of people in University that are recreational users all with good marks, so i'm not sure whats going on with your area. Oh wait, it might possibly be because its highly unprobable that everyone in your school doing pot is failing!

I am sure that even with pot he would have been high and attacked someone for pot..... wait, that doesn't even make sense. If he wasn't addicted to pot he wouldn't have done that, if he wasn't high he would have stayed in school and maybe even got higher in the class rankings. If he didn't do drugs he would have a job, but he can't because he can't pass the tests. Ok, legalize something because the laws don't work?

The attacking part is a product of his behavior, how many other people do you see running around high on pot robbing people? I'd think its safe to say not many just your friend and the odd wacko who can't cope with life's problems. So your going to let one or two bad apples ruin the entire crop I see, thats not being very rational is it?

I'm sorry your straying off topic, I don't think too many potheads want to inflict harm except for on that bag of chips

Also, unlike pizza, msg, whatever, weed/pot kills you. It is worse then cigarettes...... and that is saying something since cigarettes kill more then guns, water, and fire.......(unless it a fire started by a cigarette) Also, unlike cigarettes weed/pot kills your mind. I don't do drugs, I get good grades, people do drugs, they fail/drop out..........

Yah weed is so bad it kills no one. I can see this isnt getting through to you but thats alright. Perhaps when you put all bias aside, you can see the point.

Also, '___', Cocaine, all worse, all illegal. So, if we legalize pot why not coc aine? '___'? Heroin? "Well, I don't do those so keep them illegal." Right?

Well lets tackle Cocaine first, I think this one is obvious. It's addictive, we've clearly established this. It also has the unpleasant side effects on the heart, even small dosages of Cocaine have been known to send people to the emergency room. '___' is a bit different, its for the most part non-lethal. '___' is a very potent chemical that not everyone finds attractive, I think because of its intensity it should be illegal but thats a different story.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:12 PM
link   
'___' is lethal, people die from first use time alot. It causes dehydration, but so #ed out of their mind they don't realize and die.... unless emmidiate medical attention is gotten.

Cocaine is addictive, so is pot. "It's not addictive, now give me some or I will kill you!" Anyways.....

Pot does the same thing cigarettes do, only more damaging on the brain.

So saying it doesn't kill is a lie. It is like cigarettes, if you smoke 50 packs, you don't there..... but 10 years later when you have lung/throat cancer and die, the cigs killed you. Also, Pot doesn't kill, unless you smoke it and drive and end up in the hospital for three days cause you crashed your g/fs car.

How do I know all the pot heads failed(well, 5-10 didn't, the other 60-70 did)? Easily, no one noticed me, they talked about whatever like the room was empty even with me there. I knew who did what, who did who, where the parties would be, what was being served, who's family/friends were in jail, going to jail, getting out, why they were there, so forth. Also, pot heads smell like pot, gee imagine that..... So when they don't graduate on time, it means they failed. And it just happens the people who did drugs failed... coincidence? No. One or two maybe, but 60-70? No.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I skimmed through the posts on this topic and, frankly, I was dumb-founded. I simply could not believe how thoroughly the government has been able to subsitute anti pot propaganda for the truth. And the fact that this anti pot drivel is believed amazes me. But the part that really gets me is that the truth is still readily available in books, in libraries and even on the internet.

There are some very basic and irrefutable FACTS about marijuana, cannabis, pot, hashish....whatever yo want to call it....its the SAME basic thing that we are dealing with here.....primarily THC and cannabinoids.

First FACT; there has never been a death from marijuana in recorded history! I am not grandstanding....this is simply the TRUTH!!!!

Second FACT: until marijuana, cannabis, etc was made illegal in the 20's , cannabis extracts and oils were to be found in a vast number of medicinal preparations used for a wide variety of ailments. Marijuana is still very beneficial for the same wide variety of ailments. Again, this is simply the TRUTH...... On the medicinal front try reading MARIJUANA, THE FORBIDDEN MEDICINE by Lester Grinspoon. Oh by the way, Dr. Grinspoon is a professor emeritus from Harvard Medical School. Futhermore, he has testified in court proceedings that have led to the decriminalization of Marijuana in Canada.

Third FACT; marijuana was made illegal because of the efforts of Harry Anslinger in the 20's. The grounds used to make this benign substance illegal were primarily racial in nature. That is, he asserted that marijuana made negroes and mexicans insane and that they would rape white women while on marijuana. I'm not kidding! He really said this stuff and Congress bought it. He even got the American Medical Association to back him in making Marijuana illegal. Unfortunately, in those days marijuana was a slang term for a plant that few realized was cannabis sativa or indica. For some reason, doctors assumed that this was some sort of new drug as opposed to the cannabis tinctures and concoctions that were a mainstay of medicine and the treatment of numerous ailments. After the prohibition went into effect, many doctors were shocked and often angry to find that cannabis based medications were no longer available with which to effectively treat their patients.

I could keep going and going listing FACT AFTER FACT about marijuana. All in all, marijuana is a very safe substance. It has been PROVEN not to be a gateway drug. That is, marijuana does not lead a user to try harder drugs any more than drinking milk leads to drinking alcohol. If you have opinions about something, read. learn. Then make an informed opinion. And the very first thing that you should learn is not to believe everything that you read from a government that may have ulterior motives in keeping marijuana and other substances illegal.

just say know

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think I will read this thread again when I am straight.....................

I will formulate my answer in my head as I work this afternoon. Burnout, never ......................life causes burnout not pot.......

[edit on 14-3-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Marijuana is on this planet, meaning God wanted it here. It can't be bad if God put it here. While I do not smoke this, but if other do, they may, with God's blessing.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   
People are responsible for their own actions.

You have friends who are pot heads or maybe they aren't your friends. Pot is an action of theirs. You might be saying they have reactions based on pot like failing school and such, now ask yourself this question, what is pot a reaction to?

A broken home, boring life, lack of role models, and the list goes on. There are many things that push young people to rebel, and in a climate as such as the states, rebeling consists of doing things outside the social norm, not getting a gun and becoming a guerilla (like me) but I did do things outside the social norm like drink bacardi 151 every week as a teen and smoke lots of pot for 6 years straight, but now I'm sober and drug free (with the occasional drunken rampage and hash party) and successful. Why? because I can control my actions, reactions - know my responsibilities as well, my rights.

that's my take.

[edit on 14-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I personally don't smoke pot, but I believe it should be legalalized, taxed, and managed. Problem with drugs these days is the abuse of them, not the use of them.

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8
I personally don't smoke pot, but I believe it should be legalalized, taxed, and managed. Problem with drugs these days is the abuse of them, not the use of them.

People should be able to grow their own just like college kids brew their own stouts. What's the problem of growing your own as long as you're not selling it?

posted on Mar, 14 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
There are FAR more harmful narcotics than weed/pot/grass/etc...
'___'? PCP? Cocaine? So on and so forth...
-wD

'___' is not physically harmful to the human body in any way at all. It can however be argued that it may be mentally damaging, not in that it causes stupidity, but that it causes people to see the world in a different way, and can cause instability. But once again, '___' is not harmful physically; it would take something like 12,000 hits of acid to kill you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join