It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+45 more 
posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Corona Virus Updates - Part 6

Part 1 / Part 2 / Part 3 / Part 4 / Part 5

As of April 11, 2020 there are 1,706,783 confirmed cases & 103,210 fatalities.
On Mar 13, 2020 there were 137,589 confirmed cases worldwide & 5074 fatalities
On Feb 28, 2020 there were 83,368 confirmed cases worldwide & 2858 fatalities
On Feb 14, 2020 there were 64,170 confirmed cases worldwide & 1486 fatalities
On Feb 04, 2020 there were 20,626 confirmed cases worldwide & 426 fatalities
On Jan 24, 2020 there were 869 confirmed cases worldwide & 26 fatalities

Nearly the entire world has settled into a temporary state of isolation. Shelter in place instructions, localised quarantine and a shutdown of community life. Mass unemployment has rocked some of the worlds most developed countries and governments have passed record financial packages to starve off economic collapse.

The United States has become the global epicentre of the virus with 502,000 infections and nearly 19,000 deaths as at April 11th. By Comparison a month earlier on March 13th there were 1,832 infections and 41 deaths. It is the hardest hit country of the pandemic. On April 10th the USA recorded 33,752 new cases and 2,035 new deaths in a 24hr period. Link

New York is the United States hottest zone where people are succumbing faster than the authorities can bury the bodies. Several US cities have alarming increases and limited supplies are being manoeuvred as required. NYC has setup a makeshift hospital in Central Park to assist with the Pandemic. Photos have also recently been released from Hart Island of the US digging mass graves, however this isnt is being over exaturated by the media. Link Link

The US Navy activated 2 hospital ships, Comfort and Mercy. They have deployed to either side of the continental United States. The hospital ships were initially setup for non COVID19 patients - designed to free up the hospitals. But this has changed and they are now being tasked to take patients. To add further complications, a crew member of U.S.N.S Comfort has tested positive for COVID-19.Link Link Link

Trumps Corona Virus Task Force holds daily conferences where the Media are welcome to ask any questions they like. The Media are at their rabid rat pack best and often attempt gotchya questions or try to paint Trump into a corner. Trump entertains their pointless bickering and I think his advisers need to tell him to focus more on direction and strategy than outing the media mongrel mob. To be fair, in the first few weeks Trump fell well short of what was needed. However, he has steered the ship into the right direciton.
Coronavirus Task Force Briefings: April 10 / April 9 / April 8 / April 7 / April 6

There are odd moments of value, such as Trumps insistence on using anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine as a treatment. The Media try to discredit the drug and/or the idea of using it – this is going to be interesting how this plays out. Attorney General Bill Barr is surprised at the Media's attack on Trump and the treatment. AG Bill Barrs April 8 interview

The Global Economic system is hanging precariously on the edge of a cliff. Large sudden sells offs that occurred through March have stopped. The Market is still volatile with hefty % increases and drops, however it is moving in a positive direciton. Unemployment has struck the globe as small business, retail and eateries/bars have closed and casual workers have been laid off. US unemployment increase 6.6million in a week, Canada shed 1million jobs in March. There are dire warnings about the economy moving forward as comparisons to the the 1930's Great Depression are appearing. Link

Unemployment in Britain and the US could surpass the levels reached during the 1930s Great Depression within months as the coronavirus crisis crushes the global economy, a former Bank of England official has warned.

The economist said UK unemployment could rapidly rise to more than 6 million people, around 21% of the entire workforce, based on analysis of US job market figures that suggest unemployment across the Atlantic could reach 52.8 million, around 32% of the workforce.

The United States has implemented a Economic Rescue Bill for $2.2 trillion and recently gave Student Loan Debt payments a holiday for 6 months. Link

The United Kingdom has stepped in and will pay up to 80% of salary for employee's so they can remain employed. Also, the have passed a 350 Billion Pound business bailout. Chancellor, Rishi Sunak stated ''There would be no limit on the funding available to pay people’s wages'' Link

The European Union have agreed to a 550 Billion Euro rescue package for the hardest hit countries. Link

The concern is we may be sliding towards universal income.
edit on 11/4/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Borris Johnson fell ill with COVID-19 and was admitted to Intensive Care on April 6. While he was in ICU Dominic Raab stepped in as acting PM. Link

Downing Street says Boris Johnson's condition worsened over the course of Monday afternoon, and his medical team advised that he be moved to ICU

Mr Raab is the foreign secretary, but he also has the title of first secretary of state - giving him seniority above all other cabinet ministers. So if the official position changes, and Mr Johnson does not return to his post, Mr Raab would take over in the first instance.

On April 9 Boris was moved out of ICU into recovery. The UK Media and Political spokesperson all state Boris is fine, recovering and will be back soon. However no one has seen footage or heard Boris speak since he was admitted. Link

The 55-year-old UK leader spent three nights in the intensive care unit at St Thomas' Hospital in London after his COVID-19 symptoms worsened. He was moved back to a regular ward on Thursday evening (local time) and his office said he was in "the early phase of his recovery".

China continues to be a mystery and a major problem. No body believes the official numbers Beijing are putting out and there is a growing chorus of senior leaders and analysts suggesting China is downplaying the situation. China is reporting between 30-40 new cases per day and a death rate around 1-2 per day, they are not allowing information to freely flow out of China.

Reported Cases:
April 10 - 46 new cases and 3 new deaths
April 9 - 42 new cases and 1 new death
April 8 - 63 new cases and 2 new deaths

It is concerning globally as China has also lifted the lock down on Wuhan, who is widely believed to be where the pandemic originated. China's blatant efforts at propaganda mirror the USSR's post-Chernobyl explosion. Smiling, happy residents and praising the communist government. 10's of thousands of people from Wuhan boarded trains and planes in what some are calling a ''too early'' reopening Link

Wuhan's railway authority estimated more than 55,000 passengers will leave Wuhan by train Wednesday, with about 40% bound for the Pearl River Delta region, a major manufacturing hub in China, according to state broadcaster CCTV.

More concerning is that there are reports China has started an effort to buy as much medical supplies as it can globally and ship it back to China.
Link Link

The Australian Medical Association is warning that the nation needs to protect its stocks of face masks, suits and other protective equipment amid reports that a Chinese property company in Sydney diverted its staff to purchasing medical equipment during January and February.

And if there isnt already enough anger at China, the testing and medical kits their sending other countries are faulty and not passing quality tests. Link Link

The European Commission announced on Wednesday (1 April) new "control material" that will allow laboratories to check the correct functioning of coronavirus testing kits and avoid false negatives, after a series of reports about faulty rapid tests from China.

This began with Spain's recall of about 58,000 inaccurate rapid COVID-19 test kits late last week, and Turkey also casting aside a number of sample test kits that were faulty. This was then followed last Saturday by a Dutch recall of some 600,000 face masks that didn't provide an airtight seal.

Trump recently took a questions from a reporter where he questioned if they belonged to China. They said No, they were from Hong Kong. however that wasn't true. China seems to be playing its cards where possible.Link

The company is partially owned by a “subsidiary of the Chinese state bank.” The company’s founder and CEO, Liu Changle, was a colonel in the Chinese military.

The Good News
There are countries around the world that are showing reductions in infections and deaths after isolation is allowed to work. Australia and New Zealand implemented lockdown laws around 2-3 weeks ago and have had obvious improvements. Hospitals are managing and people are recovering.

Spain and Italy are starting to decrease their daily totals

The USA has stopped has started flattening the daily increases in deaths and infections

South Korea is reporting that the virus is 'reactivating' in people who were previously cured. Link

About 51 patients classed as having been cured in South Korea have tested positive again, the CDC said in a briefing on Monday. Rather than being infected again, the virus may have been reactivated in these people

The World Health Organization has been front and center the last few days. President Trump has started focusing on their alliance with China and questioning their funding. Link Link

Trump threatened to cut off funding to WHO, saying it seems to 'err always on the side of China' even though 'we fund it'

U.S. agencies and departments that channel money to the World Health Organisation have been asked not to send more such funds this fiscal year without first obtaining higher-level approval, two people familiar with the issue said.

The WHO recently stated it would look into claims that cats can become infected:
www.aljazeera.com...

Cats can become infected with the new coronavirus but dogs appear not to be vulnerable, according to a new study in the journal Science, prompting the World Health Organization (WHO) to say it will take a look

There is a feeling that the peak is starting to play out.
Stock Markets are stabilising, dozens of companies are striving for a vaccine.
Lets hope when part 7 is up, we'll be on our way to recovery
And when its over, lets make sure we make hero's of our medical people!

edit on 11/4/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
the chart you showed of the Dow.....and S P....textbook wave 4 corrective move complete and look out below....wave 5 gonna tank it

great thread, outta be a sticky...
edit on 11-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-4-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Great thread.

They make it sound bad in the US, but in truth we are on the low end of the scale in per capita deaths. Seeing as New York and California represent the most deaths, the rest of the country is really, reaply low.

I hope this is due to the travel restrictions but who knows.

The facts change daily as Tucker says.

ourworldindata.org...

As to UBI...I can only hope not. Its antried and failed solution and I just thing our gove wants people to work.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Here is another good link not in the OP.

#FilmYourHospital

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Thanks for all your hard work. I just hope we all can use Thread #6 for updates and very important information regarding our own front yard.

I have something planned for my front yard (community) and its an awareness of the importance of wearing a mask.

So if it pans out, MIM will more then likely hit the national news here in Japan. In the short term what I have planned is to see if I can get mask donations from companies and pass them to children that are on their way to school. Many still don't have mask. My second plan if I get donations of mask from companies, I intend to pass them out at the local train station.
I'm retired so I want to help out as much as I can.

I'm almost done with my plan. Should be ready this Monday. So if you see the news of this person making headlines well, its got to be MIM.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Thank you once again for all your efforts keeping us informed.
These threads have been, and still are a lifeline of information for me and many others.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
According to this man (Knut Wittkowski PHD) kiddies should go to school to catch a virus and the weak and old should be kept safe and within 4 weeks nature will provide herd immunity for everyone.

edit on 11-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Why do humans want to save every single one of us?
Even the worst criminals?

I was for herd immunity. How else ya going to build up kids immunities. All these products killing 99.9% of germs has caused kids to have allergies to everything nowadays.

a reply to: Itisnowagain

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yesterday our confirmed cases went up again to around 40 and 15ish probable, the day before it was around 20ish confirmed and 8ish probable,sorry
cant access actual numbers. Then today we had another 20 confirmed and 9 probable. So a bit up and down in Aotearoa/New Zealand. But we also had 2 deaths today bringing total of 4 dead.
Kia kaha everyone.
Just wish the virus would kill our possum, one little bugger just ran past me.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Not being pedantic or anything but you can have around 500 pages to a single thread... you closed the pther ones too early.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:20 AM
link   

edit on 11-4-2020 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Stock Markets are stabilising

How do you know?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Not being pedantic or anything but you can have around 500 pages to a single thread... you closed the pther ones too early.

I disagree. Part 5 was exactly 4 weeks ago.

A lot has happened since then and I personally don't fancy trawling through 380 pages nevermind 500.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
South Korea is reporting that the virus is 'reactivating' in people who were previously cured. Link

"About 51 patients classed as having been cured in South Korea have tested positive again, the CDC said in a briefing on Monday. Rather than being infected again, the virus may have been reactivated in these people"

I'm a bit concerned about this "reactivation", especially given the statements about using the blood from people who have been infected to help treat others, which may work with many diseases but it seems to be tough for some people to get rid of this virus for good.

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Wrong. Threads get closed at 400 pages. There was no reason to close this thread except reaching the 400 page limit:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
On page 400:
"Having reached the page limit, this thread is now closed."

edit on 2020411 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Do you remember the case out of China where they thought a guy on a bus had spread the virus 14.5 or 15 feet? Looks like they may have been correct. The virus has been found in air 13 feet from patients.

news.yahoo.com...

This bit was a little concerning:

They also offered advice that bucks orthodox guidelines: "Our findings suggest that home isolation of persons with suspected COVID-19 might not be a good control strategy" given the levels of environmental contamination.

So I guess if you test positive, it's off to a concentration, oops, quarantine camp? I think the home is going to completely contaminated anyway by the time you get a test result back. But then, considering the lead scientists on this project ("researchers, led by a team at the Academy of Military Medical Sciences in Beijing"), perhaps that conclusion isn't surprising .
edit on 11-4-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:56 AM
link   

So how many kiddies would you be comfortable with sacrificing for this herd immunity plan?

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I got as far as he said let them get infected and quarantine them. Doesn't work that way. We just don't know what to expect and the fact that the virus can and will reappear in people. Serious stuff is all I can say.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Thank you Agit8dChop once again for the continuation of this fantastic thread.

Here in my home state the Governor just extended the Stay at Home orders until May 15th.

Wishing everyone safety and health from my humble abode

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Military readiness is being severely affected due to sickness. Also I would expect some of the brown nose senior ranking hold overs are going to get the boot due to ineptness. There are not enough test kits to even test our military so one infected turns into 100 times ten given time. youtu.be... it will be hard to get official numbers as uncle sugar does not want our perceived enemies to know just how fubar things have gotten.

An in depth investigation of the where and the when youtu.be...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join