It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 6

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Day over Day death rate (increase or decrease) due to COVID-19 in the US, I think when we see it slope downwards we can start talking about economic rebooting

Full Size

It's a bit disturbing to me anyway

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol
if you are struggling to breath or would ring your emergency service for any other condition ring 999 not 101 as they are overloaded. this is for uk

I guess same for every other country 999 is a emergency/ don't die at home when hospitals can save you

Most countries have different emergency numbers. 999 is popular but not used everywhere.

Wikipedia - Emergency Telephone Numbers Around The World

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

ment to say if its a emergency ring your main number. not a different number, the emergency number is the main 1

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: doggodlol
a reply to: Encia22

ment to say if its a emergency ring your main number. not a different number, the emergency number is the main 1

Ok, sorry, I misunderstood.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: musicismagic
According to this man (Knut Wittkowski PHD) kiddies should go to school to catch a virus and the weak and old should be kept safe and within 4 weeks nature will provide herd immunity for everyone.

This is the route Chile has taken. Let everyone get infected, but at a slow rate to not overwhelm the hospitals. People are upset. However there people that like it, they just go out in herds to buy, go to the beach, have parties, churches gathering, etc. Some that are positive just go out to buy or travel or organize parties. Even though they risk a fine of up to: US$58,892 (this restrictions are mostly because the plan to work, it has to be at a slow rate, and this is accelerating the infections).

In my mind it's a murderous attitude just to save the economy of the 0,1%. Not only that, we still do not know if this thing will never leave your body, like Herpes. What if it doesn't? The risk is that it can get activated when you get a mild flu and kill you, when without it you would just recover, or if you get diabetes and then it activates and kills you. Or what if it gets activated when you are 70 years old and just die. It could massively reduce human life expectancy in the long run.

I hope that is not the case. But those people are playing a dangerous game without knowing all the facts. It won't be a good future for the generations they want to infect without being 100% sure.

I think this is the logic that some are not thinking about or willfully ignoring just to save the economy and disregard the life of many. Even though the economy can be saved with a good economical plan.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Numbers from around the world are now starting to come in for April 11th.

Spain
Pop: 44.6 M
161,883 Positive tests…….. or 1 out of 288 Spaniards
10.18% Deaths

Italy
Pop: 60.4 M
152,271 Positive tests….. or 1 out of 397 Italians
12.78 % Deaths

US
Pop: 330 M
519,783 Positive tests.... or 1 out of 635 Americans
3.83% Deaths

US death rates (2017):
1. Heart Disease …………….…………647,457 annual or 1,773 daily average
2. Cancer ……………………..……….….599,108 annual or 1,641 daily average
3. Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936 annual or 465 daily average
8. Influenza and Pneumonia …………55,562 annual or 152 daily average
10. Intentional self-harm (suicide):..47,173 annual or 129 daily average
X. Auto accidents ………………….………37,461 annual or 102 daily average
COVID-19 ………………………………………. 19,913 (39 Day) or 510 daily average

*** SURPASSED *****

X. H1N1 2009 ESTIMATED (8,868 – 18,638) for 1 year or 24 – 50 daily average

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop ARB medication helps they think.

'T he results showed that patients over age 65 taking ARBs were at a lower risk of developing severe lung damage than age-matched patients not taking the medications, but there weren’t enough data to do a similar analysis for ACE inhibitors. The work reveals there was no hazard for ARBs, and there may be benefits, but as always, more data are needed, Kass says.'

www.the-scientist.com...
edit on Sat Apr 11 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: EXTAGS ADDED IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Numbers Update for Europe (Thumbnails, PM me if you'd prefer larger as before, for inline reading on mobiles) :

www.worldometers.info...

edit : Yes, that 'China' one is a thumbnail believe it or not.
edit on 11-4-2020 by MonkeyBalls2 because: added edit

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Europe Update for BNO :

bnonews.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: schmae
'''Seattle’s Army-built field hospital is coming down without treating a single patient'''

Seems little traces of more positive news are popping up all over. I'll take it.

www.adn.com... T5-fOK4vDvhswODz5EBxS9M_52eUYjL4pm1wTrEMPqLMk7A

So Washington’s early practice or social distancing worked?

Good news imo .

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
So odd thoughts, shouldn't we be just as worried about our eyes as breathing in the virus? I seem to remember from chem warfare training that biological weapons could get in through eyes, ears, mouth, and any openings on the skin.

Could obviously be wildly off base, just a random thought as I left the commissary and some retired guy was giving the airmen at the door heck for not letting him in without a mask.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Article from the Guardian on the ~3.5 Million tests the UK has bought, and will aparently have to pay for, that are useless.

Guardian Article

Long story short, all of the tests don't differentiate between coronavirus's, and can also test positive for the common cold variant.
Way too many false positives, so useless.
After saying on live TV (BBC) that they would be paid for if they worked, it seems the contract was that they were to pay for all the tests, if they worked or not.

I also take this to mean that the UK has no indigenous test available, and is teherfore dependant on purchasing thez same tests that the entire world is trying to purchase, and the reagents that go with them.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
On a small, positive note, pollution has decreased all around the globe, especially in area's that were almost deadly.
Delhi, for example, has had air quality readings of below 20 (WHO limit is 25 for 'clean air'), whereas they are used to 400-500, and peaks above 900 at the worst times.
They even had a reading of 7, after a small bit of rain.

Also from Guardian article

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: redpassion

This is the route Chile has taken. Let everyone get infected, but at a slow rate to not overwhelm the hospitals. People are upset. However there people that like it, they just go out in herds to buy, go to the beach, have parties, churches gathering, etc. Some that are positive just go out to buy or travel or organize parties. Even though they risk a fine of up to: US$58,892 (this restrictions are mostly because the plan to work, it has to be at a slow rate, and this is accelerating the infections).

In my mind it's a murderous attitude just to save the economy of the 0,1%.

And the mining industry. Turns out that one of their main economic pillars is mining, and if you recall that relies on a lot of very very cheap labor... miners who work under brutal conditions and who live in very impoverished circumstances.

Not only that, we still do not know if this thing will never leave your body, like Herpes. What if it doesn't? The risk is that it can get activated when you get a mild flu and kill you, when without it you would just recover, or if you get diabetes and then it activates and kills you. Or what if it gets activated when you are 70 years old and just die. It could massively reduce human life expectancy in the long run.

It's going to hit the poorest areas of the world and may be hard to eradicate there. They don't have the luxury of medical support or even good water or good food. If reinfection is a reality, they will be reservoirs of this coronavirus.

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Interesting, haven't seen any videos like that from Russia during this pandemic
a reply to: dollukka

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
double post

edit on 11-4-2020 by cirrus12 because: edit

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Numbers Update for USA and Elsewhere (Worldometer - BNO) :

www.worldometers.info...

bnonews.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The UK recovery rate is just shocking compared to everyone else.
Does anyone know how this stat is created? Is it just recovered from a hospital admission? a reply to: MonkeyBalls2

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2020 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Financial Times Graphs by John Burn-Murdoch (More at the FT Link ) :

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join