It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Good News

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The overwhelming government bureaucracy is part of the problem, ie the FDA, by the time the put their stamp of approval on these new hopeful meds it will be too late.

I like Trumps approach of working with the corporate civilian experts and waiving the restrictions to streamline the process.
a reply to: jtma508

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   
watch this testimony. gives hope that there is a good treatment out there. the guy said he was on deaths door and within hours of taking the malaria drug felt better with little to no side effects
www.doctoroz.com... a reply to: IncessantOptimist

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

We should all be following the Czech example an make masks mandatory for everyone in public.

"Face coverings to be mandatory in all public spaces across the Czech Republic as of midnight"

All people will need to wear a protective face covering when outside their residences, in both interior and exterior public spaces, effective midnight March 18. This was decided at an extraordinary government meeting and applies nationwide. The measure is meant to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus.

news.expats.cz...

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The reason NYC has seen an increase in Covid-19 is due to the fact they are the highest percentage make up year over year for tuberculosis cases meaning they already have a massive population prone to severe upper respiratory infections.

Historical Source: nypost.com...

Excerpt from article:

"The neighborhoods with the highest rates were Sunset Park, Brooklyn (23.2 per 100,000 persons), western Queens (19.2 per 100,000 persons) and Flushing, Queens (16.2 per 100,000 persons)."

These are the exact same areas that are right now experiencing the Covid-19 infections.

Excerpt from article:

"Many of the infected city residents came from China, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, India or Mexico."

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Smarties
A politician should not have any influence on medical therapy whatsoever, they are in no way qualified to make such decisions, this should only be done through the country's relevant medical board.

You do understand that Dr. Fauci, and all of the Doctors in upper management at the CDC, FDA and other places are all politicians, right? they stopped being doctors - if they ever practiced at all - a long, long time ago.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Case74282
The reason NYC has seen an increase in Covid-19 is due to the fact they are the highest percentage make up year over year for tuberculosis cases.

And there was me thinking it was because they had loads of teenagers like this doofus that where running around Walmart licking the Deodorant & other products on the shelf!?

See Video

BTW - He got busted for posting that on social media and charged with terrorism!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Im finding it a bit strange that while this seems to be getting some sort of traction.. The conversation has gone to hydroxy chloroquine/zpak while omitting the zinc.

According to the Dr. in the OP, at least, the zinc is the actual treatment and the hydroxy chloroquine only facilitates its absorption.

Im not a doctor, but that seems like a potentially important oversight.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lostsock
these drugs are already licensed in the UK I've had Azithromycin a few times now. I hope people take note as all chemists in the UK stock Azithromycin and the others in..

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Nice try, Dr. Fauci et al are not politicians, they might have a party affiliation but they are not elected officials that have campaigns and get voted in to office , they are NOT politicians!

a reply to: tanstaafl

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The Office of Emergency Managment had this to say.

Continued
edit on 26-3-2020 by Android86 because: Spelling Correction

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Android86

hm...clicked on it despite bad spelling....was a train of spam sites

It's "Emergency"

Not "Emergancy"

Check your sources, people!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: VeeTNA

hm...clicked on it despite bad spelling....was a train of spam sites

It's "Emergency"

Not "Emergancy"

Check your sources, people!

Fixed the spelling and it shouldn't take you to a train of spam sites, it's hosted from twitter image.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Smarties

We are getting to that point now. Warehouses are emptied, no retailers have masks...I was thinking about putting my yards and yards of fabric to work.....
I work in "home maintenance and repair." We are open for business. But no one needs to bring their 3 kids or their grandma in here - just come in and tell us what you need, and we can get you set up for the situation and out of here in about 5 minutes. Don't tell us you're "just browsing" because we're open and you're bored and cooped up at home.

We have families and we are teams who are showing up every day to help you fix what you gotta fix.

Don't cough on us, please.
Show some respect. We are the front-liners here.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

Regarding masks, there is this

Im not sure how it would work for general use, but its one clever idea. Like many things recently, couldnt tell ya why it hasnt gained more traction.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The fact that these drugs have already been cleared by the FDA for use against other diseases — they’re prescribed by doctors not just for malaria but also rheumatoid arthritis and lupus — has added momentum to the argument they should be quickly made available for Covid-19; their side effects, which include heart and nerve damage and suicidal thoughts, are well-understood and, given the current circumstances, manageable, supporters argue.

At a Thursday news briefing, Trump trumpeted that chloroquine had shown “very, very encouraging early results” and said “we’re going to be able to make that drug available almost immediately.” Minutes later, FDA Commissioner Stephen Hahn, an oncologist, clarified that the drug would be available “in the setting of a clinical trial — a large, pragmatic clinical trial.”

On Friday, the president said, “It may work, it may not work. I feel good about it. That’s all it is. Just a feeling.”

Good g-d - anti-malaria drugs to combat viral hepatitis, I've heard it all now!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

That is great! Thank you.

I've been thinking about how we could put coffee filters into triangularly folded bandanas; how to cut up furnace filters and use the wire grid to shape face masks; and using the closet full of fabric that is my stash from a lifetime of sewing.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: VeeTNA

Youre very welcome

Like I said, Im not sure how it would work for something like woodworking, but used specifically for viral/bacterial contaminants.. It seems brilliant and simple (my favorite combo).

All credit goes to MotherMayEye for bringing it to my attention

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

It's a sound idea, but the idea of the mask or more in point the cheaper surgical mask's isn't to prevent you from catching the disease, they are to limit the spread of you giving the disease to someone else.

And your breath or breathing will make the paper insert very wet with your own contamination very quickly.

If in doubt ask a G.P or Doctor and they'll tell you that what I've just said is correct, they wear them in surgery so you don't catch anything they may have.

The more expensive mask's with actual contamination & gas filters will set you back more than a paper mask with a vent on the front that allows contaminated air in.

So when I see the front line staff in my own health departments sticking on a painters mask with rubber around the outside and a plastic vent that allows air directly into the mask they've opted to wear when dealing with patients, dude I am shaking my head going "WTF R U PPL Doing!?"
edit on 26-3-2020 by Android86 because: Thoughts

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Strictly in terms of controlling the spread of a disease, a sick person wearing a mask will tend to be more effective than the other way 'round.

But, with gear like this, its not so much about 100% efficacy, but the sum total of measures combining to minimize risk.

In that, the argument could absolutely be made where, should supplies allow, throwing a mask on every mouth will end up minimizing risk to a further extent than when only used on sick individuals.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

That I agree with 100% but seriously you just have to compare the images in South Korea's health departments where they're wearing a Hazmat Suit with air filtration and multiple layers of plastic over there hands, feet and face and then compare it with the NHS in england where the staff are sticking on a low grade cheap mask, with a little plastic breathing hole on the front.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join