It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Good News

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Android86

The “hole” is a vent to let air out of the mask, its a one way valve/flapper, it prevents the mask from becoming saturated from exhaled breath, the mask IS the filter.

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

Wow thats awesome. Thats really great!

posted on Mar, 26 2020 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IncessantOptimist

Anti-biotics cure BACTERIAL INFECTIONS, NOT VIRAL ONES. Azithromycin is an antibiotic and would do nothing good against this so called Chinese virus and may even weaken your immune system more.

People should have learned that after getting a doctor or two tell them that in the past when they wanted antibiotics for the flu which is another virus.

The Malaria drug could work in theory but until an expert virologist who has seen it kill it in a lab and humans comes out and says yes it works I will not be convinced.

This crazy Jewish doctor has already been in trouble for shooting his mouth off once, claiming there were more infections in his little area than was recorded.

Seems he wanted to make his own concoction to make himself seem like a hero. Time will tell but if this is the same engineered virus that was made in China im pretty sure half of NY, MIAMI AND L.A. would be sick and dying by now given they are the major ports of entry.

I think Trump was right in the beginning, that this is a Hoax, especially when the swine flu hit during Obama's tenure. That killed 26 thousand people and nothing drastic was done. The Vaccine for that kept my grandmother in a wheel chair for a year so they can go stuff their so called vaccines, especially when they are paying pharmacist 20 dollars for ever person they convince to take it!!!!!

I wont be taking anything anyway because I have never had the flu shot and I know I wont till I see people around me getting sicker than the common flu.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Why is an antibiotic (azithromycin) having an effect on a virus?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dreamkidd
Why is an antibiotic (azithromycin) having an effect on a virus?

The virus destroys the immune system in the victims lungs, so your entire body is flooded with bacteria as the site of infection.

The link between Fgl2/fibroleukin and liver disease was identified when a protein with unique clotting ability was isolated from the livers of mice infected with corona virus. That protein was Fgl2/fibroleukin, which, once produced, cleaves prothrombin to thrombin, resulting in a fibrin clot at the site of acute viral infection.

Therefore, this new research has generated Fgl2/fibroleukin-deficient mice to further study and define the role of this protein in the initiation and localization of fibrin deposition in viral hepatitis.

In WHO - World Health Organization estimates over ~300 Million people are exposed and at risk of Hepatitis B infection with nearly 1 Million adults having the disease and not knowing about it whilst another 300 Million or so are at risk of infection. So if your expecting SARS to just disappear with malaria drugs and antibiotics, then sadly they're dreaming!

A 44-year-old man with known compensated chronic hepatitis B was admitted on March 5, 2003, with a 1-week history of malaise, anorexia, and tea-colored urine. On examination, he had jaundice but no other signs of chronic liver disease. He was afebrile and his vital signs were normal. He had thrombocytopenia (platelet count, 124 × 109/L) and a deranged coagulation profile (international normalized ratio: 1.82). Liver function was grossly abnormal (total bilirubin, 6.7 mg/dL; albumin, 3.2 g/dL; alkaline phosphatase, 132 U/L; alanine transaminase, 2090 U/L). Serological tests confirmed hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) positivity. He was hepatitis B e antigen (HBeAg) negative and anti-HBeAg positive. Both anti-hepatitis C virus and immunoglobulin M anti-hepatitis A virus antibodies were negative. His serum HBV-DNA was 5.1 MEq/mL.
The diagnosis was acute reactivation of chronic hepatitis B. Treatment with lamivudine (100 mg daily) was started. He remained clinically stable with biochemical improvement until day 4, when he developed a fever of 39°C. No focal source of infection was found and his chest radiograph was normal. Despite empirical intravenous cefotaxime and levofloxacin, his fever persisted. A chest radiograph on day 7 showed bilateral air space consolidation. His condition deteriorated the next day, involving respiratory failure and shock, and he was admitted to the intensive care unit. By this time it was apparent that he had contracted severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) during the hospital outbreak of the disease

This was subsequently confirmed when SARS-coronavirus (SARS-CoV) was isolated from his nasopharyngeal aspirate. Despite mechanical ventilation and therapeutic intervention that included broad-spectrum antibiotics, ribavirin, and pulse methylprednisolone, his condition worsened and led to multiple system organ dysfunction. The patient died on day 16.

edit on 27-3-2020 by Android86 because: Facts

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Dreamkidd

The Zithromax treats infection(s) secondary to the virus I believe. Specifically upper respiratory infections / pneumonia.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
The overwhelming government bureaucracy is part of the problem, ie the FDA, by the time the put their stamp of approval on these new hopeful meds it will be too late.

The absolute only thing the FDA or any government agency oversight should be concerned with - at least wrt to mandates, prohibitions or controls - is a) safety and b) purity - meaning, a) if something has negative side effects, warnings must be clearly defined and included in all documentation materials and labeling, and b) all ingredients must be listed on the label and what is on the label is what is actually in the product.

Efficacy should be left to patients and their doctors. PERIOD.

Any academics that have an interest in pursuing the proving of such using controlled studies are free to pursue such and publish their findings, but they should have zero control over what patients and doctors choose to use, except wrt to products that have clearly demonstrated to have dangerous side effects- again, safety concerns, only.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Im finding it a bit strange that while this seems to be getting some sort of traction.. The conversation has gone to hydroxy chloroquine/zpak while omitting the zinc.

According to the Dr. in the OP, at least, the zinc is the actual treatment and the hydroxy chloroquine only facilitates its absorption.

Im not a doctor, but that seems like a potentially important oversight.

Ummm... ok, I must have totally missed that, and that would go a long way to explaining why some studies are not showing efficacy of just hydroxychloraquine.

Thank you Serdgiam!

I'm going to go back and re-read/watch the info in the OP, but can you link it directly?

ETA: ok, it is right there in his letter. How the hell did I miss that?

"The rationale for my treatment plan is as follows. I combined the data available fro China and South Korea with the recent study published from France. We know that hydroxychloraquine helps Zinc enter the cell. We know that Zinc slows viral replication within the cell. Regarding the use of azithromycin, I postulate that it probably prevents secondary bacterial infections, but I am not sure. These three drugs are well known and usually well tolerated, hence the risk to the patient is low."

Ok people, it is extremely important to bring up this point - hammer it - until the talking heads discussing (hydroxy)chloraquine make t his point very clear.

It is apparently not the hydroxychloraquine that is producing the great results, it is the Zinc.

This is so typical of 'modern medicine', it is just infuriating.
edit on 27-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: ETA details...

edit on 27-3-2020 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: choomsuba
Nice try, Dr. Fauci et al are not politicians, they might have a party affiliation but they are not elected officials that have campaigns and get voted in to office , they are NOT politicians!

You don't understand the term. I didn't mean 'politician' in the sense of an elected official.

I meant 'politician' in the sense that they only care about their position in whatever agency they work in, and the power they get from said position.

They are not doctors, and haven't been for a long, long time. PERIOD.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This needs to be tested more rigorously. Can those numbers be verified? Peddling these claims are promising especially in these desperate times is playing a bit of a dangerous game especially since this is found in a product used to clean fish tanks. A man already died from taking Trump's advice about this cocktail...

If you're curious about treatment options, speak with your doctor... don't try remedies with unverifiable results.
edit on 27-3-2020 by logicsoda because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Not a doctor, but something tells me you probably shouldn’t get medical advice from a political talk show.

Yah, the medical stuff is coming from a practicing Dr. who is treating patients with Covid 19.

Another blatant attempt by you to mislead aka lie.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: logicsoda
This needs to be tested more rigorously. Can those numbers be verified?

Look up the Dr. in France who has had great success with this protocol. He has studies I believe.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

Look up the Dr. in France who has had great success with this protocol. He has studies I believe.

It was a relatively small study, I believe. The mixture allegedly reduced the viral load, but the symptoms still persisted. Even if this claim is true this needs to be thoroughly investigated and tested before anybody tries this concoction on their own.

Do not--I repeat--DO NOT take any mixture of drugs without being instructed to by your doctor. That is just stupid, and you could end up killing yourself.

Furthermore, you could be shortchanging somebody who actually needs these drugs..

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

It was a relatively small study, I believe. The mixture allegedly reduced the viral load, but the symptoms still persisted. Even if this claim is true this needs to be thoroughly investigated and tested before anybody tries this concoction on their own.

Do not--I repeat--DO NOT take any mixture of drugs without being instructed to by your doctor. That is just stupid, and you could end up killing yourself.

Furthermore, you could be shortchanging somebody who actually needs these drugs..

No one is recommending trying anything on their own and both of these drugs are by a prescription only. When you have people dying of an illness and there is evidence of a particular protocol having success, then what better time to do those "clinical studies"?

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

This is NOT something found in fish tank cleaner. Not even the same name.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Yet another "WTF" thing, eh?

Im not a doctor, but Dr. Zelenko at least thought it to be important. Seems to be why we test these things. And why we talk about them.

I find the focus on the couple that drank the aquarium stuff, which is a different compound than hydroxy chloroquine in the first place, to be utterly bizarre too.

What Im seeing is that many dont seem to want any possible good news. Not necessarily consciously, but all the same..

Given that there isnt much question as to what Dr. Zelenko thought was important, exploring the Zinc part of this combo would be prudent, eh?

And yes, as many say, you shouldnt do any of this without professional guidance and monitoring. Just like you shouldnt sit in a puddle of toxic waste because you heard radiation can treat cancer. Seems obvious, but here we are.
edit on 27-3-2020 by Serdgiam because: Zelenko, not Zelensky

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is NOT something found in fish tank cleaner. Not even the same name.

My bad. You're right--what is found in fish tank cleaner is chloroquine phosphate, but that is still used in antimalarials.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

My bad. You're right--what is found in fish tank cleaner is chloroquine phosphate, but that is still used in antimalarials.

And yet still irrelevant to the OP.

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

No one is recommending trying anything on their own and both of these drugs are by a prescription only.

Of course. I am just driving the point home that it is important to listen to the advice of your doctor. Lots of people act irrationally when in a desperate/panicked state.

Also, you don't need a prescription to get both of those drugs...

When you have people dying of an illness and there is evidence of a particular protocol having success, then what better time to do those "clinical studies"?

Right now. Do the studies now, on a larger scale. The WHO just recently released a mega trial for four drugs, which includes the drugs mentioned earlier (hydroxychloroquine/chloroquine phosphate). The problem with the hydroxychloroquine/chloroquine phosphate, though, is that it appears to only show success with high doses, and high doses are quite toxic. While there is reduction in the virals in some patients, it still may not be a sufficient treatment. More data needs to be gathered. There is very limited data for this treatment's efficiency, but it'll be interesting to see what comes of it

posted on Mar, 27 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

And yet still irrelevant to the OP.

Okay.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join