It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 99% Percent of U.S. Covid-19 Victims Classified as Mild - What Entities Benefit From Hysteria?.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
To think they are all collapsing their economies and health care systems to advance a political agenda for US Democrats is completely batt s#$@ crazya reply to: Beltalowda

I agree- but that doesn't explain why the whole world is failing financially over a virus that mainly affects the elderly, or why the US is making this out to be such a big threat to the age groups most likely not to have any serious problems from it.

I'm not the brightest cracker in the box, but I would think the highest concentration of efforts would be on protection the elderly- not wait until an entire nursing home is in jeopardy before implementing safety protocols.

It makes no sense, no matter how you look at it. When things just don't add up there's usually some not-so-benevolent motive.

Yes. This. I generally don't really believe anything the media or the governments SAY, but what governments are DOING makes me really wonder what's up. Entire countries are locking down, economies completely crashing, government officials are self-quarantining, etc. etc. for something that the governments keep telling us "Most cases are generally mild." It doesn't add up. You don't shut down entire countries for something that is "mostly mild."

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Mach2
The 3% is world wide, including many countries with poor overall health to begin with. The 1% is a US only number.

US is at 3.4% so far.

Not true, and even if it is being reported that way, there is no possible way to tell how many ppl are actually infected, due to the shortage of test kits.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Where are you seeing hysteria? No one is hysterical. No riots in the streets. No shooting or looting.
What are you talking about?

They may not be hysterical. But they are putting their entire lives on hold. With the exception of work and school. Even that’s starting to go away.

Literally, in the last 24 hours — everyone has gone coo coo for coco puffs.

If you don’t see it, get out of the house. You’ll see it everywhere.
edit on 12-3-2020 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Literally, in the last 24 hours — everyone has gone coo coo for coco puffs.

Wasn't there some guy on TV saying something about 24 hours ago? Is that what it was?
edit on 3/12/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: carewemust
Thursday, March 12, 2020

Statistics clearly show that 99% of those in the United States who have CoronaVirus-19, are not sick enough to warrant hospitalization.

So?

Indeed there may be some who show no symptoms at all, they are still infected/infectious.

And this is different than influenza how???

Incubation periods, symptoms, respiratory, maybe even toilet rolls. However, all the known virus's have their classifications and are much better understood from the years of research, than this virus which is new, and where there is less understanding like it or not thus far.
It's not going to go away, "as if by magic" as Trump has said just a few days before, talking about a, "foreign virus" as a reason to shut down airline traffic, his irrationality belongs to the funny farm.

I see the, 'best' scenario is that of the COV 19 virus, (properly COVID-19) being yet another addition to those other known Coronavirus's in the long term, however the virus is still a wild card...and for anyone to say they know what will happen is just plain wrong.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

So, you admit that the fear of the unknown is the driving factor here, rather than the reality.

We can agree on that.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:33 PM
link   
yeah...great thread subject....The SITH

evil powers in high places, there's an actual war in spiritual high places I hear....in Daniel....an angel came to him with the message 21 days after Daniels prayer, the angel said he was delayed 21 days....he was coming immediately but the Prince of Persia fought him....he has to go back after meeting Daniel to join Michael to fight some more there......ha....

go good guys....down with the accuser and liar
edit on 12-3-2020 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

However, you have about the same chance (.97%) from dying in a car wreck. LINK
Should we all stop driving?

So, the OP's statement; "hysteria in the U.S. are blown way out of proportion relative to what the statistics say," is valid and on point.

You are just talking about you, when it's patently obvious that a virus is not just about you..so give it up.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

With 99% Percent of U.S. Covid-19 Victims Classified as Mild - What Entities Benefit From Hysteria?.

My own theory .....
Folks that get their "kicks" inducing fear in others .

edit on 3/12/20 by Gothmog because: changed term from jollies

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

My own theory .....
Folks that get their "kicks" inducing fear in others .

I agree I went and searched the archives back to the height of the Swine Flu, it was still calm and civil on ATS,and how it was in the real world 2008-2009. It's nothing to bad even in China factories are ramping back up production even small talk it was A New Years Flu, that's what made it seem worse

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I frequent a number of Asian restaurants, and business was solid until last weekend.

Tonight was between 1/2 to 1/3 normal capacity. Nobody was coughing or wearing masks or anything silly.

I scored the next to last vitamin C at Walmart, but zink was wiped out there and CVS.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I know conservatives are the party of me, me, me and don't understand why there is reason to worry here because they think, if it doesn't hurt me, kill me, then why worry but let me clue you in on facts.

COVID-19 is highly contagious and although it does not seem to kill the young and healthy, it does effect the elderly and if you have people who go into work, school or whatever, they could get COVID-19 and spread it to their family members who may be elderly or spread it to others who could also spread it to their elderly family members.

The reason there is panic is because there is no real ideas on who has it and who doesn't and this is in due because there are no tests widely available, despite what Trump says and in order to stop the spread, Health officials are asking for people to stay away from public places until they can get a handle in it.

edit on 12-3-2020 by Awesomepossum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

What if mainstream is actually deluding itself and in truth
doesn't even rate with the masses at all.

Maybe people are just smart enough to know when they're about to
be attacked by a cowardly enemy? I absolutely know we are under
attack. I know why and how is obvious.

" But the serpent is the most subtle adversary"

The panic is justified because the attack is invisible and wicked.
The wicked are willing to crush as many as it takes to get their way.
What better device for attack than an attack we can't even prove
to ourselves is happening?

What will be must be and certainly will be so just let it be.

edit on 12-3-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Crashing the economy to damage Trump and regain power in November.

That seems to be a big part of what we're seeing. I just listened to a montage of news reports from 2009 when Obama-Biden implemented the H1N1 Virus emergency. They were very kind and supportive of that administration, even though over 1,000 Americans had died of the virus during the prior 6 months.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
It benefits those with TDS who are giddy because they think this is what will take Trump down.

Dems cannot hide the fact that they are psyched about this Wuhan virus. What a lucky break!!

If they designed this to take down President Trump, their timing sucks. Too soon. Their Trump replacement sucks. Rapidly advancing Dementia.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Well, like I stated on another thread the other day, CDC officials have stated the coronavirus is 10 times worse than the seasonal flu bug, which has a .1% fatality rate. That makes the fatality rate of the coronavirus to be 1%. And, yes it's true that older folks may have serious complications from it.

However, you have about the same chance (.97%) from dying in a car wreck. LINK
Should we all stop driving?

So, the OP's statement; "hysteria in the U.S. are blown way out of proportion relative to what the statistics say," is valid and on point.

Congrats on the logical, common-sense post, ShawMan.

Like when has a single NBA game been cancelled due to 2 players getting the flu? Let alone a complete season! Waaaaaay out of proportion.

And I think I'm getting to the root of the entities behind this giant HOAX on America. Will say more about that later.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The Biden-Sanders debate is now going to be in Washington D.C. on Sunday, instead of in Arizona.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: carewemust

If your so convinced its all overblown hysteria, then why don't you just go book a cruise ship tour?

Go see the world dude... there's never been a better time if you were looking for a ridiculously cheap deal.

I'm scheduled for June 18th out of Miami and have no intention of cancelling...as long as Royal Caribbean doesn't. Airfare keeps dropping. Will wait a little longer before booking.

I'd be a terrible "scared man on the street" MSM interviewee, LOL.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman
1% of currently active cases are serious. This is not counting patients who have already died. And it does not account for mild caeses which will progress to serious condition. According to observers in china as many as 20% of cases will require extended hospitalization. This is the main cause for concern, because at the rate that the virus spreads, it has the potential to overwhelm the system's ability to provide treatment for all patients. out of that 20%, about a fourth will require artifical respiration. Certain parts of Italy have already exausted their ability to provide life saving treatment for all patients.

It could be their socialized medicine isn't very good in those countries. Not sure.

At any rate, 99% of the cases in the USA are medically classified as "mild". The Mayor of Chicago and Medical Experts briefing today tried to calm fears by reinforcing the FACTS...that 99% of the Covid-19 cases do not require hospital treatment.

posted on Mar, 12 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1Angrylightbulb
You do realize, the first classification after testing will be mild. In another week or two how many of the mild cases will be moved up the scale to moderate, severe, critical?

Since CoronaVirus started in the USA on Jan 21st, the hospitals should be loaded with patients by now.

BUT... as of 3/12/2020 (almost 2 months later), there are only 10 people hospitalized in the the entire United States of America, due to Corona Virus. duh?

Maybe in another 2 months, we'll have that severe hospital bed-shortage the fear-mongering azzholes "guest experts" on TV keep predicting and hoping for. (Tucker Carson of FoxNews had one of them on his show tonight)

edit on 3/12/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join