It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With 99% Percent of U.S. Covid-19 Victims Classified as Mild - What Entities Benefit From Hysteria?.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 07:45 AM
link   
And so is herpes and nobody is cancelling the NBA NHL NBL NCAA closing schools, colleges and Disneyland over it. By your logic it’s infectious, and there many who are infected.

a reply to: smurfy

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

Right, I was thinking the same thing. 99% Mild is just for active cases. If you take the deaths divided by the total number of cases, we're looking (currently) at a death rate of 2.3%, or 23x worse than influenza.

My concern isn't that it'll be bad for me. My concern that since no one has antibodies for it and if I got a mild case, I wouldn't want to pass it to my elderly mother or to my wife that has asthma. I'm not panicking but I'm also being a realist.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Tearman

Certain parts of Italy have already exausted their ability to provide life saving treatment for all patients.

^ quoted because thats the reality that idiots who cannot handle how much toilet paper they actually need - are really going to loose the crap over

yup - folks - peaple with treatable escalation - are going to die

welcome to the real world

and no you dumb merkins - your firearms and abhorence of socialim - will not help you

there will be people with more money - and bigger firearms - who will ensure they get treatment - and you dont

edit on 13-3-2020 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob808
And so is herpes and nobody is cancelling the NBA NHL NBL NCAA closing schools, colleges and Disneyland over it. By your logic it’s infectious, and there many who are infected.

You think you catch Herpes by being in the same space as someone with?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct
a reply to: carewemust

You're 100% correct when stating how irrationally illogical it is to close colleges and K-12 schools over a virus that doesn't hurt people in those age ranges any more than the flu does.

Because most people have some old family members and they consider them humans in which their life has value. Also many children have underlying conditions that could put them at higher risk.

Here is the deal with kids..they can carry/spread the virus(dirty little nose gobblins
) so, while they don't seem to get sick, they are little typhoid marys.

cwm is not good at math, or Epidemiology.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod
with the proper lighting and mood.....yes
isnt that the goal?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
with the proper lighting and mood.....yes
isnt that the goal?

Sure, I just don't think you can compare an airborne illness with one that requires swapping of bodily fluids, interesting that Herpes came up, I was thinking about it last night, and the fact that apparently a huge # of people carry it.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

The obesity stats have been massaged too, by a completely different agenda. Roughly half (maybe more) of those classified as "obese" are not "out of shape" or "at high risk of disease" based on that observation alone.

Shame on anyone walking around thinking the worst of his/her neighbors based on drug company lies and misinformation and shame on the MSM for deliberately trying to freak people out based on the deadliness of coronavirus in first/second world countries.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   

How's this? Barack Obama let over 1,000 Americans DIE before taking meaningful action against H1N1 virus?

www.redstate.com... public-health-emergency

TRUE?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   

BIG BUSINESS.

Little businesses will get shafted, but the Fat Cats will make a fortune.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Actually, the symptoms are so mild it doesn’t even justify not going to work — let alone the hospital.

Only a pansy would stay home from work with this crap.

Rudy Gobert, the basketball player that contracted it, which caused them to suspend the entire NBA season — was going to play in the freaking game last night.

But this virus is a viscous killer, amirite?!?!

Why did that young doctor from china die so quick?

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Just stay focused on the U.S. statistics and ignore 90% of what the mainstream media broadcasts.

The statistics: www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Alien Abduct

The first thing to find out is how many hospital beds are available in this country.

Then, look at how many people who contract the Covid-19 virus, are sick enough to warrant a hospital stay.

Right now, there are 1,690 active cases in the United States. Of those 1,690 cases, 10 of them are in the hospital.

Once you know how many beds are available, you could calculate how big the epidemic would have to be to fill every bed.

There is beds for about 1% of the population and of those beds most are full. Empty beds don't make money. Also about 19% of people will need hospitalization. Here is some numbers from the CDC...

An official representing the Centers for Disease Control, Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, told NBC News and other reporters in Geneva on Monday that China published a paper with detailed data on more than 44,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, that gives doctors and researchers a better understanding of the age range of people affected, the severity of the disease and the mortality rate.

The virus causes severe disease, including pneumonia and shortness of breath, in about 14 percent of cases, he added. About 5 percent of patients have critical diseases including respiratory failure, septic shock, and multiple-organ failure.
And the virus is fatal in 2 percent of reported cases, while the risk of death increases the older a patient is

source

There is a reason why China and Italy had to quickly quarantine everyone. They needed to keep the peak number of covid-19 patients low and spread out so that they could have a chance at tending to everyone that required hospitalization.

If we let it peak too high too fast then our medical system will become overwhelmed and overburdened thus resulting in far more deaths thus resulting in a much higher mortality rate.

It is my concern that the U.S. will be too slow to implement such measures as Italy and China, resulting in a high peak and an overburdened health system.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Bloodworth

Just stay focused on the U.S. statistics and ignore 90% of what the mainstream media broadcasts.

The statistics: www.worldometers.info...

I like this one. You can select by globe, country or even state.

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

In my opinion this will be over long befor the election and Biden will have to debate . Trump will also come out of this stronger . Like I said it is just my opinion .

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

It's just a matter of time before people realize a grand hoax is being perpetrated on Americans (the pawns) in an effort to damage President Trump. He's cleaning up corruption, along with high-level drug and human trafficking that many big companies and sports franchises benefit from.

NOTE: Here is what you will NOT hear from those participating in the grand hoax. As the number of people tested in America increases, statistics are showing that over 99% of the discovered CoronaVirus cases are so mild, no hospitalization is required, and the death rate (mortality) is decreasing. Down to 2.1% at present.

USA Statistics - Updated Multiple Times per day: www.worldometers.info...

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Italy's healthcare system is ovewhelmed. It's likely this might be the case everywhere else if they will fail with flattening the curve. This is the biggest issue. As the hospitals are oversaturated with patients the mortality rates are going up.

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   

It's just a matter of time before people realize a grand hoax is being perpetrated on Americans (the pawns) in an effort to damage President Trump. He's cleaning up corruption, along with high-level drug and human trafficking that many big companies and sports franchises benefit from.

NOTE: Here is what you will NOT hear from those participating in the grand hoax. As the number of people tested in America increases, statistics are showing that over 99% of the discovered CoronaVirus cases are so mild, no hospitalization is required, and the death rate (mortality) is decreasing. Down to 2.1% at present.

USA Statistics - Updated Multiple Times per day: www.worldometers.info...

RIGHT

I was going to start a separate post - But let me add to yours, were on the same page:

National Emergency just declared by Pres.

WTF ?!?!?!

How many people have actually died - I mean percentage wise???

Why do I smell an agenda? - Yes, and I'm in both high risk groups.

But the risk I keep smelling is not death by virus - It's the end of our Democracy by,
what did Trump call it, fake news

- In this case the fake news creates a panic, destroys the World's economy,
and allows our political, military, industrial complex to take actions
that end the American Republic you were born in.

That's the real threat, not the virus, but the people who are manipulating the news to
panic the public !!!

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 06:34 PM
link   

How's this? Barack Obama let over 1,000 Americans DIE before taking meaningful action against H1N1 virus?

www.redstate.com... public-health-emergency

TRUE?

Get over Obama already, you're as bad as the far crying left.

You keep minimising this, I have said NOTHING about Trump, other than I wouldn't of expected another president to do much different. I think his initial nonchalance was misguided though..he has moved past nonchalance, you haven't.

ETA I sincerely hope you are right CWM.
edit on 13-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Actually, the symptoms are so mild it doesn’t even justify not going to work — let alone the hospital.

Only a pansy would stay home from work with this crap.

Rudy Gobert, the basketball player that contracted it, which caused them to suspend the entire NBA season — was going to play in the freaking game last night.

But this virus is a viscous killer, amirite?!?!

How many elderly people, say over 65, live in America? How many people have other health conditions in America? What type of people are dying from the virus? Elderly and people with other healthy conditions.

Yes, healthy people will clear the virus without any problems, but that does not mean it's not dangerous. It spread easy, and if we lose control, you are talking about tens of thousands of deaths in America alone.

Its deadly because it spreads easy, and you can spread it without showing any symtoms in the first 14 days or so.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join