It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to enforce Quarantines in the US

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zrtst

Why didn't you buy refundable tickets and pay the extra money for travel insurance?

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: liejunkie01

Something tells me this poster would be pissed if they got a serious disease from someone who shouldn't have been in public.

Something tells me that the poster has gotten a cold or flu in the past and didn't go on a rampage online trying to remove people's rights over it.

Homework time

This is a new virus and cannot be compared to the influenza A or B.

Anyone who has been following this, knows this. There are multiple studies and multiple reputable persons with doctorate degrees that have been stating that this cannot be compared to the flu.

edit on 10-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: TritonTaranis

If community transmission has been occurring for "many weeks" as you say, then what do you think the scope of the problem should be?

We should already be inundated and devastated...

China reported to WHO on December 31. There is a very good chance it was brought here in December. If not December, then definitely January. I think it's safe to say that it's been here more than two months. It's possible that deaths have occurred but were undiagnosed. But even in that case, it would be noted, even if not completely understood.

There is no doubt at this point that it has been in circulation well beyond the incubation period. But we haven't seen a corresponding huge increase in hospitalizations, much less deaths. With or without tests.

Given the Coronavirus patient at CPAC, I'm giving this a week to either explode in the population, or to just fizzle out. We'll know one way or the other.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   

i have zero issue with being sick or getting sick... its part of the human condition. way to go making up a caricature of ppl you disagree with so your arguments work

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

oh i certainly feels off. i buried my father a couple years ago and i was mad because it seems unnecessary. its so the ground doesn't heave when the casket starts to degrade supposedly.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We are driving, no airfare. The rental travel insurance had a caveat that the covid 19 virus was not an approved reason for canceling. Typical insurance companies.
a reply to: BoxerBrawler

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

do you have pics of that!? i didn't even consider that part, all that sand just washed away. that certainly would be a sight to behold

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Homework was done last week when I did my research on it. Anyone that is following this knows its no deadlier than the yearly flu. Carry on with your propaganda, I'll be idling by to try and tamper down the fearmongering going on.
edit on 10-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

i'm a proud 'Merican.. that prolly has a lot to do with it. i don't like being told what to do.

we can just agree to disagree, no hard feelings.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
All I know is, I paid for my spring break like 1000s of others, and I'm not losing my $$$ by canceling. And there was no traveler insurance for covid 19...
I read in the Tampa newspaper an article about spring break in that area...over 400,000 Florida students will be looking for things to do in the next two weeks. The article keyed on a number of events that are scheduled just for them, no to mention the theme parks.
No mention of any virus.

I don't think this is a world ending event, but going is not a bright idea..fill your boots though.

edit on 10-3-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

do you have pics of that!? i didn't even consider that part, all that sand just washed away. that certainly would be a sight to behold

Saw it a few times in Florida. When there is a hurricane the coffins would come up and sometimes even open. Now they are all in cement and chained to each other so they don't get lost or float away. There was one old cemetery in an older poorer neighborhood. After a bad storm a lot of concrete coffins came up, let me tell you, that just added to the spooky look.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

wooooowwwww thanks for the pic, that's so wild, and creepy AF.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Remember it all Nazi talk until it actually happens to you. When people such as you are affected, it changes your attitude.

Some people, sure. Much the same way I bet lots of folks gleefully rubbing their hands at the prospect of quarantining their neighbor would have a much different attitude if THEY were the ones being forcibly detained for the dubious benefit of others.

And then there are those of us who understand that our rights take precedence over false security. And if we give up liberty for security, then we deserve neither.

With age comes wisdom, and if not you never mature.

Indeed.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

So far, the CDC has estimated (based on weekly influenza surveillance data) that at least 12,000 people have died from influenza between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000.

Source

So far, the Coronavirus has had 113,913 cases so far, 4,095 deaths and 64,760 have already recovered.

Source

Real facts!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zrtst
We are driving, no airfare. The rental travel insurance had a caveat that the covid 19 virus was not an approved reason for canceling. Typical insurance companies.
a reply to: BoxerBrawler

Just a word of advice. I lived in Florida for a number of years. Just be careful. People there are crazy to begin with on a normal day. If this blows up the people are going to go even crazier there for a number of reasons. The vast number of old folks fighting for supplies. The amount of crazies that need their drugs. The gigantic population of homeless people possibly spreading it.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

i'm a proud 'Merican.. that prolly has a lot to do with it. i don't like being told what to do.

None taken, I am a proud 'Merican too.

I do fear for the elderly. I honestly believe many of them are going to get this in the coming weeks.
I guess all we can do is wait and see. I truly hope I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

I do fear for the elderly. I honestly believe many of them are going to get this in the coming weeks.

Yup, kind of irritating to hear poeple disregard this..oh, it only kills the old and infirm. Who here doesn't know anyone old or not in good health.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:59 AM
link   

With the news media always crying wolf about every little thing I have a hard time believing this is a real issue. I'm not saying people shouldn't worry, I'm just tired of all the bs.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Yup, kind of irritating to hear poeple disregard this..oh, it only kills the old and infirm. Who here doesn't know anyone old or not in good health.

So we should what? ... Run around screaming and panic buying toilet paper?

You know what else is disgusting? I've been here for 7 years now, and you know what else "only kills the elderly"? The flu, but I don't see some of you starting up threads every winter to chide the rest of us for our callousness about it when it comes through every winter and does what it does.
edit on 10-3-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

If you were a proud American, you would have more respect for the name. Coming with your slang just shows disrespect.

That being said, I'm against government quarantine. If this # is gonna spread anyways we need to do it in a controlled way and get it over with.

Oops, think I replied to wrong poster.
edit on 10-3-2020 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2020 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join