It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to enforce Quarantines in the US

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: neutronflux

It’s amazing big pharmaceuticals are bad until to comes to vaccines?

Vaccines have been discovered/created/invented long before big pharma was a thing!

History of vaccines.

Evidence exists that the Chinese employed smallpox inoculation (or variolation, as such use of smallpox material was called) as early as 1000 CE. It was practiced in Africa and Turkey as well, before it spread to Europe and the Americas.

edit on 10-3-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Coronavirus isn't on the list, but you just wait...

Oh, but it is:

4. Which diseases currently qualify for federal quarantine authority?

Since the 1940s, there have been a series of executive orders under the authority of the Public Health Service Act that have added various diseases to the list of those qualified for federal quarantine authority. Over time, the list of qualifying diseases expanded from plague and smallpox, to hemorrhagic fevers (Executive Order 12452), to SARS (Executive Order 13295), to flu with pandemic potential (Executive Order 13375). Then, in 2014, President Obama issued the most recent update, Executive Order 13674, which expanded the SARS-specific language with a broader formulation that captured the possibility of similar but distinct respiratory syndromes that have a potential for pandemic transmission patterns or for high mortality rates.

That 2014 expansion covers 2019-nCoV.
emphasis mine

The Quarantine Power: A Primer in Light of the Coronavirus Situation

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Guns. That'd work.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

This?

Prior to the 15th Century: Infectious disease has always impacted humanity, but even as early as 1,000 years ago, there is evidence people recognized the connection between exposure and immunity. The ancient Chinese may have used pulverized smallpox scabs taken from the sick and inhaled or rubbed them onto skin to immunize themselves. This primitive form of inoculation was practiced in Africa and the Middle East too before spreading to Europe.

www.publichealth.org...

Ya. I bet that never backfired and caused increasing spread of the disease.

Let’s state the population increased before the flu vaccine came along despite the fact “ Chinese may have used pulverized smallpox scabs taken from the sick and inhaled or rubbed them onto skin“.

Where did Coronavirus 19 originate from?
edit on 10-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Guns...pfft. You use thermonuclear warheads to make sure that the contaminated area is well sterilized. That is the American way.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Quarantines cannot be enforced without declaring Martial law. If one is worried about getting COVID19 and/or elderly & at higher risk to die from it, they need to self-quarantine to make sure they don't catch it. The same is true with face masks. Face masks are used to protect others from catching your germs, not to protect yourself from others germs. Eveyone seems to think backwards of reality these days. These things are common sense.
edit on 10-3-2020 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Ummm...absolutely...send the effer to a fema-camp near you...

That jerks freedoms ended right when he decided to exhale in the faces of all those he's negatively impacting...

I'm a Libertarian...your effing rights..END...when you encroach on my or my families health and welfare...

Suck it up boys and girls...if your under quarantine...stay the eff away from everybody else...unless you want the full weight of my righteous fury to fall on your stupid heads...

I protect me and mine...

If your sick and have been told to quarantine...then shut the hell up and keep your stupid ass quarantined...and quit whining about your rights that just ended at the wall where they butted up against mine...

It doesn't get any plainer than that...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Make sure you are stocked on Toilet paper so you do not have to break the quarantine because your wife got the runs from eating something you never usually eat.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   

I usually respect your opinions, but you don’t get to restrict the movements of other American citizens because you are scared. Authoritarianism is a much greater threat to life and liberty than Coronavirus.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I usually respect your opinions, but you don’t get to restrict the movements of other American citizens because you are scared. Authoritarianism is a much greater threat to life and liberty than Coronavirus.

Too late, already happening.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

A 1-Mile Coronavirus Containment Zone Has Been Set Up Just Outside Of New York City

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Make sure you are stocked on Toilet paper so you do not have to break the quarantine because your wife got the runs from eating something you never usually eat.

You bring up such a good point. So many people stock up on items they don't regularly eat/drink, which is crazy.
edit on 10-3-2020 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

If your sick and have been told to quarantine...then shut the hell up and keep your stupid ass quarantined...and quit whining about your rights that just ended at the wall where they butted up against mine...

If people are worried about this virus then they should quarantine themselves and I'll give everyone a good reason to do so.

I was sick last week. Didn't even go to the doctor, which means it could've been the Coronavirus or the Influenza. I did the same thing I do anytime I get sick. Take time off work until I don't have a fever and feel better then go back to work.

I bet that has happened to countless people over the past couple weeks, so again if you're worried about this virus you should just quarantine yourself because most are treating it just like the flu and if you dislike me for that then so be it. I won't be losing any sleep over it.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

From your source:

Residents of the area will be allowed to leave and enter the zone, small businesses are expected to remain open, and people will be allowed to move about as they would in a normal day, officials said. Locations where large numbers of people gather will be shut down and cleaned to help stop or slow down the rapid spread of COVID-19.

Nobody's Freedom of movement is being violated, so unless you just didn't read your own source, quit the fearmongering already.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: Kurokage

This?

Prior to the 15th Century: Infectious disease has always impacted humanity, but even as early as 1,000 years ago, there is evidence people recognized the connection between exposure and immunity. The ancient Chinese may have used pulverized smallpox scabs taken from the sick and inhaled or rubbed them onto skin to immunize themselves. This primitive form of inoculation was practiced in Africa and the Middle East too before spreading to Europe.

www.publichealth.org...

Ya. I bet that never backfired and caused increasing spread of the disease.

Let’s state the population increased before the flu vaccine came along despite the fact “ Chinese may have used pulverized smallpox scabs taken from the sick and inhaled or rubbed them onto skin“.

Where did Coronavirus 19 originate from?

I'm picturing the powdered scab snorting lounge being located right next to the opium den. I know which one I'd prefer to be caught dead in.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Ummm...I was simply commenting and reminding that...rights aren't limitless...that your rights end where mine begin...

You do not have freedom of movement...you have the illusion of it...

Your only as free as that invisible bubble extends up to anyone else's rights...

I'm not changing the fact that I usually enjoy your authorship and look forward to reading your future posts...

Sometimes we all need a good swift kick to the seat of the pants...purely as a tough love remedy...natch

YouSir

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

From your source:

Residents of the area will be allowed to leave and enter the zone, small businesses are expected to remain open, and people will be allowed to move about as they would in a normal day, officials said. Locations where large numbers of people gather will be shut down and cleaned to help stop or slow down the rapid spread of COVID-19.

Nobody's Freedom of movement is being violated, so unless you just didn't read your own source, quit the fearmongering already.

It is quite obvious you do not have any type of clue what you are even talking about. You never did answer my question regarding the numbers you posted. So what you gonna ignore every post that doesn't agree with what you are saying.

There are people under quarantine in New York. Guess what, that does limit your freedom of movement.

Hours after the initial call, a Health Department worker came to the apartment where the women had been staying since they returned sick from a cruise, the women recalled. He told them not to open the door and he slid a sheet of paper under it. They said they were told to sign the document and slide it back out.
It was an isolation agreement: Both women were confined to the apartment indefinitely, until the Health Department declared them safe.

quarantined people

Let me revisit this directly from the article.

both women were confined to the apartment indefinitely, until the Health Department declared them safe.

That is straight from the NY Times.

Presenting facts is not fear mongering. After all you are the one talking about FACTS.

Also in the link on the previous page it states that the National guard will be delivering food to the quarantined people. Which I see you did not say anything about that.

That my friend is facts.

It seems you should probably brush up on public health and national security protocols.

edit on 10-3-2020 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Since your a little slow I'll catch you up:

Metallicus posted this:

JagStorm replied with this:

Too late, already happening.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

I replied with this:

From your source:

"Residents of the area will be allowed to leave and enter the zone, small businesses are expected to remain open, and people will be allowed to move about as they would in a normal day, officials said. Locations where large numbers of people gather will be shut down and cleaned to help stop or slow down the rapid spread of COVID-19."

So you go find a completely unrelated story and try and prove me wrong with it? Haha, jokes on you.

For the rest of your post, there was a reason I didn't answer your question and if you did a little research on the topic yourself you would find out why you can't answer it. That's why I posted the stats I did because those are actual facts.

edit on 10-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity
you know every person in America is required by law to have their casket placed in a concrete vault. this just seems like a cheap alternative, considering they currently cost as much as a casket.

I'm familiar with the FEMA theories behind it, just like to remain skeptical for my sanity.

Wrong. A simple google search debunks this info.

Though most cemetery rules and regulations require outer burial vaults for caskets, opting for these containers and vaults is not necessary as per the federal law. A burial vault is used to line the grave before placing the casket or coffin in it, so as to prevent the ground above the casket from sinking in.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

So you go find a completely unrelated story and try and prove me wrong with it? Haha, jokes on you. 

But you posted this right before your comma.

Nobody's Freedom of movement is being violated, 

My article directly related to your post.

Hence people are in quarantine and their freedom of movement are being violated. Is this not directed at what you are in fact speaking/typing bout?

For the rest of your post, there was a reason I didn't answer your question and if you did a little research on the topic yourself you would find out why you can't answer it. That's why I posted the stats I did because those are actual facts. 

No you didnt do the math with your numbers, numbers you stated as facts, because you would have found out that the mortality rate is way higher with those numbers that you used as facts.

To go back and state you cannot use those numbers as FACTS totally negates your initial argument of them being facts.

I know for a fact that they are trying to down play the numbers by using the "un reported cases", which in fact can become another conflict by trying to use flu numbers also. I didn't even have to Google that because I know from paying attention all of this time.

But you used the numbers in your previous post as fact and in fact did so in a way to make it seem that you are somehow intellectually superior to me and those of us who have been following this from the beigining.

So please you are in way over your head and I can tell by the way you are attempting to argue that you are attempting to allude that you know the FACTS, when in fact you do not.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I love you too big man.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join