It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to enforce Quarantines in the US

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: liejunkie01

So far, the CDC has estimated (based on weekly influenza surveillance data) that at least 12,000 people have died from influenza between Oct. 1, 2019 through Feb. 1, 2020, and the number of deaths may be as high as 30,000.

Source

So far, the Coronavirus has had 113,913 cases so far, 4,095 deaths and 64,760 have already recovered.

Source

Real facts!

Since we are talking facts, and you posted them,

Could you tell me the mortality rate(death rate) of those ni numbers you posted?

How does those numbers compare to the seasonal flu?

Since you seem so keen on the facts,

Will you please post both the mortality rates.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm going to shoot the first person who tries to forcibly quarantine me.

Also the second.

Third.

Fourth.

And so on, until there's no one trying to quarantine me or my allegedly deadly-virused ass is dead.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
a reply to: JAGStorm

i'm a proud 'Merican.. that prolly has a lot to do with it. i don't like being told what to do.

we can just agree to disagree, no hard feelings.

None taken, I am a proud 'Merican too.

I do fear for the elderly. I honestly believe many of them are going to get this in the coming weeks.
I guess all we can do is wait and see. I truly hope I am wrong.

Yup, kind of irritating to hear poeple disregard this..oh, it only kills the old and infirm. Who here doesn't know anyone old or not in good health.

So we should what? ... Run around screaming and panic buying toilet paper?

No, I'm not an idiot, other's can engage in herd mentality if they like

I just think this is more serious than some claim, and not as serious as others claim. I'm concerned for my mom..not panicked!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: liejunkie01

Homework was done last week when I did my research on it. Anyone that is following this knows its no deadlier than the yearly flu. Carry on with your propaganda, I'll be idling by to try and tamper down the fearmongering going on.

Again since you did your homework "last week". This just so happens to be an evolving situation.

I'll wait for you to post YOUR mortality rate on the numbers you posted above.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Breaking!

www.nbcnewyork.com...

NJ Announces 1st COVID-19 Death; NY to Deploy National Guard to New Rochelle
Those measures include deploying National Guard troops to a Health Department command post and setting up a satellite testing facility and one-mile, two-week containment area in the city. As of Tuesday, Westchester County has seen 108 confirmed COVID-19 cases; that's 57 percent of all tri-state cases. See how the tri-state case count breaks down.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

And I'm concerned for my parents and in-laws, but I get concerned every year during flu season too. It takes the elderly just as effectively.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Also the second.

Third.

Fourth.

And so on, until there's no one trying to quarantine me or my allegedly deadly-virused ass is dead.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The National Guard might take you up on that offer

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:24 PM
link   
To the argument that covid-19 is just the “flu”, and the argument that it is no more deadly than the seasonal influenza virus:

Yes, many people die each year from “the flu”. Many, many more than have succumbed to this virus (so far).

The thing is,

All those people died Even though we have vaccines available for “the flu”!

We do not, yet, have a vaccine for this “novel” virus. And we may not have one for quite some time.

And once we do develop an effective COVID-19 vaccine,

How many, especially on this site, will refuse to take the vaccine, as they do with the existing flu vaccines, because of some perceived “government/NWO/alien/whatever “conspiracy”!?!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:25 PM
link   

and this is how 200 million merkins will die - not from N19COVID infections

but either shooting eachother for demanding or refusing quarrantines

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The US is going to be the case study of "what happens when, as a nation, you TRY to spread an emerging disease quickly?"

No quarantine will work in the US without HEAVY involvement of the military, and at least several people being shot dead.

When we're told what to do, by any authority figure, it makes us want to do the opposite. We can't help it.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The state’s plan focuses on a “containment area” in New Rochelle, where it would deploy the National Guard to clean schools and deliver food to quarantined residents, Mr. Cuomo said.

Schools and other large gathering facilities like community centers and houses of worship within the area will be closed for two weeks beginning on Thursday, Mr. Cuomo said. Businesses such as grocery stores and delis would remain open.
The state did not plan to close streets or implement travel restrictions, Mr. Cuomo said.
“You’re not containing people,” he said. “You’re containing facilities.”

contained

Remember you are not containing people. The National guard is just delivering food to "quarantined" people.

But no worries, it's just the flu!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

We have a vaccine for the flu, and in many years, it's bad match meaning it doesn't work well, and even in those years when it does, all it does is lower your chances of getting infected. It does not actually confer full immunity.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
To the argument that covid-19 is just the “flu”, and the argument that it is no more deadly than the seasonal influenza virus:

Yes, many people die each year from “the flu”. Many, many more than have succumbed to this virus (so far).

The thing is,

We do not, yet, have a vaccine for this “novel” virus. And we may not have one for quite some time.

How many, especially on this site, will refuse to take the vaccine, as they do with the existing flu vaccines, because of some perceived “government/NWO/alien/whatever “conspiracy”!?!

I won't take it, but not because of Donald Rumfeld and his pact with the aliens from Zoltron. I just have a ridiculously strong natural immune system, blessed by good genetics amd nurtured through decades of I guess you'd say training.

Vaccines for rapidly mutating viruses are not my cup of tea. Smallpox, Polio, sure. Coronaviruses and influenza viruses? No way. I don't consider a few days feeling run down every 5-8 years to be serious illness, so it just doesn't make sense to me to take vaccines for such things. In my opinion, it's giving your immune system a crutch, while also handicapping its maximum potential.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

...and when you're shot in the head for being a douche, you'll be one less issue for the medical authorities to care about.

Death by stupidity.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

and this is how 200 million merkins will die - not from N19COVID infections

but either shooting eachother for demanding or refusing quarrantines

Theoretically, this is how China could become the worlds next super power.
Release an unknown virus.
The Chinese shut down most of the country for a few months, with most Chinese doing as they are told, meanwhile the Americans end up killing each other because of their "freedoms" and "rights".
The Chinese don't even need to go to war to win!

edit on 10-3-2020 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Would it be possible to quarentiene ourselves down at Carls Bar and pole dancing emporium. I'd rather not stay home!!!!!!

I should be ok until they cut off my Visa card. I guess I could sell my car....
edit on 10-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

You

The world’s population increased before the invention of the flu vaccine. Gasp.

Second. The flu vaccine is only effective if they correctly guess what flu straight will be the most wide spread, and make that flu vaccine in mass.

Third. I don’t get the flu to my knowledge. I haven’t had a sickness with a fever in over ten years.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Anyone who wants to quarantine me at home is welcome to, as long as they replace my income, without it coming at a cost to taxpayers (so I guess maybe tarriffs on Chinese goods or Bill Gates donations?)

But really, I'm not going to have my family go homeless and hungry, so I won't be participating in quarantine. Just stay the fug away from me if I'm bleeding out of my eyes at work.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23

originally posted by: Bhadhidar

The thing is,

I won't take it, but not because of Donald Rumfeld and his pact with the aliens from Zoltron. I just have a ridiculously strong natural immune system, blessed by good genetics amd nurtured through decades of I guess you'd say training.

Vaccines for rapidly mutating viruses are not my cup of tea. Smallpox, Polio, sure. Coronaviruses and influenza viruses? No way. I don't consider a few days feeling run down every 5-8 years to be serious illness, so it just doesn't make sense to me to take vaccines for such things. In my opinion, it's giving your immune system a crutch, while also handicapping its maximum potential.

The Long Shadow of the 1976 Swine Flu Vaccine ‘Fiasco’
www.smithsonianmag.com...

The real victims of this pandemic were likely the 450-odd people who came down with Guillain-Barre syndrome, a rare neurological disorder, after getting the 1976 flu shot.

Virus, it’s part of life. Being forced to take something man made goes against everything I believe in. Especially when you rely on the quality control guy wasn’t having a bad day. It’s amazing big pharmaceuticals are bad until it comes to vaccines?
edit on 10-3-2020 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join