It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to enforce Quarantines in the US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity
you know every person in America is required by law to have their casket placed in a concrete vault. this just seems like a cheap alternative, considering they currently cost as much as a casket.

I'm familiar with the FEMA theories behind it, just like to remain skeptical for my sanity.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JAGStorm

But you’re putting them in concentration camps all the same.

I really can’t believe that we’re even having this discussion now.

You call them concentration camps, I call them places to put dummies that can't follow basic safety directions.

A rose by any other name. . . .

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

Can i sue you for damages if you give me a cold then? what about food poisoning, can i sue a farmer for that? can i sue the hospital if i get a staph infection while being treated? NOPE!

What country are you in. Yes you can sue for food poisoning, yes you can sue a farmer for cancerous spray on crops (Monsanto)

Can you sue for Staph, OF COURSE.
www.lubinandmeyer.com...

MRSA Infection Post Surgery: $2M Settlement

We are going to see about Covid-19, the dad in my story has retained a lawyer.... It is new ground, but let's say an elderly person died at the even he attended....

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

If community transmission has been occurring for "many weeks" as you say, then what do you think the scope of the problem should be?

Let's say it hopped a flight here from China and has an R0 in the 4.0 range (worst case). I'll use my family for a test case since we all came into contact with Chinese through my husband at his place of work in December and all had a suspicious illness within a week or so afterward, but as this was just an oddity in the news, we did nothing about curtailing our activities.

There are 3 of us. If we each infected 4 others, that's 12. I'll go back to Jan. 14 for 8 weeks from then. If we go with about 5 days to show symptoms for most. 8 x 7 is 56 days for roughly 11 cycles in this area ... just from us. If each of those 12 went on to get 4 and so and so forth that's ... 12,582,912 infected people in this area by now.

If 20% of those need medical care, that's way more beds than we have hospital space.

Now, I'm not saying we had it, but if that scenario occurred even in one area in this country, we'd know by now. There would be no hiding it. It would be impossible.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I, however, am under no obligation to do a damn thing to protect your life.

Oh but you are!
www.cdc.gov...

Coronavirus isn't on the list, but you just wait...

www.vox.com...

State governments, as well as some large cities, have the power to order mass quarantines, or the practice of isolating people who may have been exposed to a virus in order to prevent them from spreading the illness before they start experiencing symptoms. These laws also generally apply to the isolation procedures mentioned above.

The power is not only to order quarantines or isolations, but also to enforce them. “Public health is actually a police power that is delegated to the states,” says Rebecca Katz, director of the Center for Global Health Science and Security at Georgetown. “You could end up with someone coming to your door and saying, ‘You’ve been exposed, and you’re either coming with me or you have to stay in your house.’”

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420
you know every person in America is required by law to have their casket placed in a concrete vault. this just seems like a cheap alternative, considering they currently cost as much as a casket.

I'm familiar with the FEMA theories behind it, just like to remain skeptical for my sanity.

Seeing a graveyard/cemetery after a tropical storm or hurricane is a sight to behold...
chains and cement...

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Italy and S. Korea devastated themselves with the same overreaction your pushing on these boards and the MSM is pushing on the TV. It's cool, I see your endgame and it disgusts me.

YES the MSM has put all the people on respirators in Italy. The old people are dying in Italy because of MSM.

YOU CRAZY

abcnews.go.com...

But in the rest of hard-hit northern Italy, the virus’ spread was growing so exponentially that doctors were making comparisons to war-time triage medics deciding who lives, who dies and who gets access to the limited number of ICU beds.

Old people die without the Coronavirus. Shrugs. Goes back to living life.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A fair percentage of ill people tend to automatically self-quarantine. They go home, close the doors and crawl into bed.

This would be exponentially more relevant if hospitals were overrun with the sick and ER's either shut down or were beyond capacity.

Others, even if sick, would avoid public entirely out of fear of becoming even more contaminated / sick by exposure to others.

It's all complicated but if things were to become incredibly dire people would likely stay to themselves or sequester in places of trust or where they feel they belong... Relatives, friends, Churches etc.

In that regard the need for overt restrictions on movement are minimized dramatically.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Aren't you gleeful at the thought of a government gun going after your fellow citizens... and all because YOUR life and freedom is so gosh darn important.... no thought to the pain and suffering such involuntary detention might be caused for others.

And, of course, in that situation, I still don't have to do a damn thing for you. I just have to worry about what others will do to me.

Gotcha. But you might just ask yourself what you've really gained if you save your life and lose your soul.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

A fair percentage of ill people tend to automatically self-quarantine. They go home, close the doors and crawl into bed.

I agree with this, but the problem is that Covid-19 is contagious while a person shows no symptoms.
I think that little thing alone is what makes it so dangerous.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   

you know every person in America is required by law to have their casket placed in a concrete vault.

I did not know that,

Is it normal for the CDC to supply them, if indeed it was them who sourced the ones stacked in fields?

Still feels 'off', to me, but I feel I'm thread drifting now.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
If there going to enforce a quarantine thell most likely use existing laws if you can go to jail for intentionally infecting someone with aids I bet theres a way they can put you in jail for infecting someone with this and if that person dies I bet they can tack on manslaughter

And before you can even think no they cant look at how much they can bend laws against original intent of the law to put people in jail

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   

there is no human right to not get sick...freedom of movement IS a human right. don't like it? move to a authoritarian country.

so you suggest forced imprisonment of the sick (ie FEMA camps)... how very Nazi of you.

This cracks me up.

Something tells me this poster would be pissed if they got a serious disease from someone who shouldn't have been in public.

Remember it all Nazi talk until it actually happens to you. When people such as you are affected, it changes your attitude.

With age comes wisdom, and if not you never mature.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   
What I don't understand about this thread is if you're so damn worried about this virus, why don't you just quarantine yourself until it's all over and immunizations are available? It takes a pretty selfish person to expect everyone that isn't freaked out by the 2020 flu to just put life on hold for an undetermined amount of time.
edit on 10-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Hefficide

I agree with this, but the problem is that Covid-19 is contagious while a person shows no symptoms.
I think that little thing alone is what makes it so dangerous.

imo...what makes Covid-19 dangerous is the insanity it breeds in the fear and distrust of your community.

What a clever psyop control mechanism with out much real collateral damage. Seems strange to me....

Is this normal?

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 10-3-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Something tells me this poster would be pissed if they got a serious disease from someone who shouldn't have been in public.

Something tells me that the poster has gotten a cold or flu in the past and didn't go on a rampage online trying to remove people's rights over it.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Americans are a bunch of cowboys who think no rules apply to them and who oppose rules and being told what to do vehemently. Until a couple of planes take down some buildings that is. Then it's about being pissed off, but humble. And yeah, I'm American. I don't like being told what to do either. But if some entitled asshole breaks isolation and infects my mother, or grandmother, who could potentially die from this bull#? You bet your ass I'm throwing him in a camp! I secure (babysit) corporate billionaires who don't like being told what to do either, not even when bullets are flying at their overly enlarged egotistical heads! Please stop comparing it to the flu. It's apples and oranges. It'll come and go quickly so long as people do the right thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: drussell41

I'd like to think that people are reasonable. I'd like to think that if people are told numerous times to self quarantine, that they would freaking self quarantine. But no, it is too much to ask.

Apparently it is too much to ask. Did you see the clip of the woman who didn't cover her cough, the guy asked her to do so, and she deliberately coughed in his face? I am afraid I'd be sitting in jail for that one after I tried to beat out all her teeth. Anyway, the point is that people are worse than stupid and selfish. They're dangerously so and mean-spirited to boot.

Virus or not, she would of caught the "slap"

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

Remember it all Nazi talk until it actually happens to you. When people such as you are affected, it changes your attitude.

With age comes wisdom, and if not you never mature.

100%

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
All I know is, I paid for my spring break like 1000s of others, and I'm not losing my $$$ by canceling. And there was no traveler insurance for covid 19...
I read in the Tampa newspaper an article about spring break in that area...over 400,000 Florida students will be looking for things to do in the next two weeks. The article keyed on a number of events that are scheduled just for them, no to mention the theme parks.
No mention of any virus.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join