It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to enforce Quarantines in the US

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
The National Guard might take you up on that offer

So be it, history shows how well it turns out for the internees when a government decides to forcibly place you in a camp.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
and this is how 200 million merkins will die - not from N19COVID infections

but either shooting eachother for demanding or refusing quarrantines

Think of the positives, you guys get a do over to try and colonize the place again.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore
...and when you're shot in the head for being a douche, you'll be one less issue for the medical authorities to care about.

Better that than being forcibly removed by a belligerent government that thinks it knows best and is driven by hysteria.

Death by stupidity.

Better than death by being a subservient bootlicker.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes, make sure to greedily buy out everything anybody else needs, because f#$k therm, you know? No one wants to be caught using some perfectly good rags or anything else that might be easily used. And showers? PFFFFT eff that no way I'm jumping into a shower to clean myself when I can stock a crap ton of TP while screwing other people out of their basic necessities. Why? Because it's the American way! YEEEE HAW!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dogstar23
Anyone who wants to quarantine me at home is welcome to, as long as they replace my income, without it coming at a cost to taxpayers (so I guess maybe tarriffs on Chinese goods or Bill Gates donations?)

We both know that isn't going to ever happen.

But think of the positives, we could all go to the same camp together with the rest of the pussies and hope the government has our best interests at heart. Three squares a day of government cheese with a few million of your closest friends. What could be better?

You know, cause government never f's anything up ever.

edit on 10-3-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but he does have Corona

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

To go back and state you cannot use those numbers as FACTS totally negates your initial argument of them being facts.

The problem is everything is estimated with the flu because it's so common as shown in the original post your referring too, just as I expect the Coronavirus will be eventually.

If it's so easy to find the mortality rate of the Influenza/Coronavirus, then go ahead and figure it out. Don't forget to add in the unreported, plus the fact there aren't immunizations for the Coronavirus yet.

Now, go plug all that data into whatever formula you have and then share it with the rest of us.

Thanks in advance smart guy.
edit on 10-3-2020 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I usually respect your opinions, but you don’t get to restrict the movements of other American citizens because you are scared. Authoritarianism is a much greater threat to life and liberty than Coronavirus.

Too late, already happening.

www.buzzfeednews.com...

A 1-Mile Coronavirus Containment Zone Has Been Set Up Just Outside Of New York City

From the article. "Gov. Andrew Cuomo called it “a matter of life and death” and called in the National Guard to deliver food to residents"

So, they are going to start giving food for the residents, probably those TV dinner K rations that they stock? Why not just tell the people to have Amazon deliver their foods in the city? They can do that in big cities, leave the packages on the people's porches so the homeless can steal their meals. Do they really need the National guard delivering food to people? I would bet that the food they deliver would be highly processed, the deaths from changing their diet too rapidly might kill them and those deaths will be caused by the Coronavirus side effects.
edit on 10-3-2020 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
From the article. "Gov. Andrew Cuomo called it “a matter of life and death” and called in the National Guard to deliver food to residents".

This is exactly the type of idiocy that creates a larger problem, this hysteric imbecile is just being a pandering authoritarian. Do any of you feel better now that Fredo's big bro told you he wants the military involved?

Government rock heads pretending empty gestures will prevent virus vectors.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: rickymouse
From the article. "Gov. Andrew Cuomo called it “a matter of life and death” and called in the National Guard to deliver food to residents".

This is exactly the type of idiocy that creates a larger problem, this hysteric imbecile is just being a pandering authoritarian. Do any of you feel better now that Fredo's big bro told you he wants the military involved?

Government rock heads pretending empty gestures will prevent virus vectors.

Chinese people cannot eat the same foods as Finish people do, although there are some things that they both have in common in their diets. We all evolve differently. Old people cannot eat what young people can eat either, when you age, you make less enzymes, some even downright disappear. I am learning this the hard way. No other way to learn it, but at least I am paying attention and reducing some of the food chemistry I can no longer make enzymes to properly utilize. Nobody can do this for a person, I won't be ordering any of those food supplies, not unless they got cabbage and I run out of it. I would bet they won't have anything like cabbage. The Governor will probably force the stores to give them food without paying for it for six months and then only give them what they paid for the food, which will cause small stores to go out of business.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What better time than this media driven panic to get the forces involved so as to condition and sooth the population so when it happens again and again, well it's no biggie. Here, take my rights its fine!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
Here, take my rights its fine!

Well, stupid people think they have the right to leave the house and not get sick. But they already have a sickness, it's called terminal stupid.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

To go back and state you cannot use those numbers as FACTS totally negates your initial argument of them being facts.

The problem is everything is estimated with the flu because it's so common as shown in the original post your referring too, just as I expect the Coronavirus will be eventually.

If it's so easy to find the mortality rate of the Influenza/Coronavirus, then go ahead and figure it out. Don't forget to add in the unreported, plus the fact there aren't immunizations for the Coronavirus yet.

Now, go plug all that data into whatever formula you have and then share it with the rest of us.

Thanks in advance smart guy.

But, the onus is on you. You are the one saying it is the flu. I called you out to provide the numbers, it is not my responsibility to provide them for you.

It is not the flu.

Here is a little bit of info on where you need to start your journey in understanding the beginning of the virus and how it was first presented to the world and why countries are taking the measures they are taking to quell the spread of this virus.
not the flu

ICTV announced “severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)” as the name of the new virus on 11 February 2020.  This name was chosen because the virus is genetically related to the coronavirus responsible for the SARS outbreak of 2003.  While related, the two viruses are different.   
WHO announced “COVID-19” as the name of this new disease on 11 February 2020, following guidelines previously developed with the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO).

A little further down,

What name does WHO use for the virus?

From a risk communications perspective, using the name SARS can have unintended consequences in terms of creating unnecessary fear for some populations, especially in Asia which was worst affected by the SARS outbreak in 2003. 
For that reason and others, WHO has begun referring to the virus as “the virus responsible for COVID-19” or “the COVID-19 virus” when communicating with the public.  Neither of these designations are intended as replacements for the official name of the virus as agreed by the ICTV.

The down playing of the fear mongering started before they even released the info to the public.

I am going to take the high road here because I had a whole typed up response full of sly remarks and other info that I am not going to post because unlike you I do understand the scope of what this virus is capable of. I hope that in the long run it burns out and we can make a trusted vaccine for this virus.

The fact of the matter that you even said that China and Italy over reacted says all that needs to be said. Nothing I say, no links I post, or any information available will get you to understand the situation at hand.

Have a good day and good luck in your endeavor of stopping the fear mongering.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   
You can't quarantine a nation of independent libertarian rednecks. It will never happen. Thank God it never will. It's nothing but a computer people fantasy.. brought on by msm media hysteria or some other horsecrap.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: vonclod

And I'm concerned for my parents and in-laws, but I get concerned every year during flu season too. It takes the elderly just as effectively.

We all know the flu, and there is treatment, this is something a bit unknown. The flu is about .1% fatal, this virus even at 1% fatality is at the very least 10x as fatal, if the # of people get the virus as the flu, it's not going to be pretty.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

In illinois it is law you buried in a vault. They dont care if you are in a burlap bag a coffin homemade box or whatever. But you have to be dropped in concrete vault. Not sure how many states do require it but just know Illinois does. So dude was partially correct.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

So you couldn’t figure out your question either. I guess you aren’t as smart as I first thought, oh well. Now, obviously you can’t calculate things you don’t know, but I tried to explain that to you but your to stubborn to listen and wanted your gotcha moment that never came. Now you’ve shifted the goalpost to argue what type of virus it is. A little hint, I don’t care if it is a form of Ebola. The death rate is similar to the flu, has symptoms like the flu, so I’m gonna call it the flu. Have a good day!

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

How about the US goes to WAR Against the Chinese Bastids who started this All ? Covert Biological Warfare Against the West . China Needs to Pay Dearly for this ! ....

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: vonclod

And I'm concerned for my parents and in-laws, but I get concerned every year during flu season too. It takes the elderly just as effectively.

We all know the flu, and there is treatment, this is something a bit unknown. The flu is about .1% fatal, this virus even at 1% fatality is at the very least 10x as fatal, if the # of people get the virus as the flu, it's not going to be pretty.

Based on what figures?

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Mortality Rate

www.worldometers.info...

Mortality Rate as of Feb. 20 in China (findings from the Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission)
The Report of the WHO-China Joint Mission published on Feb. 28 by WHO [12] is based on 55,924 laboratory confirmed cases. The report notes that "The Joint Mission acknowledges the known challenges and biases of reporting crude CFR early in an epidemic" (see also our discussion on: How to calculate the mortality rate during an outbreak). Here are its findings on Case Fatality Ratio, or CFR (the mortality rate):

"As of 20 February, 2,114 of the 55,924 laboratory confirmed cases have died (crude fatality ratio [CFR: 3.8%) (note: at least some of whom were identified using a case definition that included pulmonary disease).

The overall CFR varies by location and intensity of transmission (i.e. 5.8% in Wuhan vs. 0.7% in other areas in China).

In China, the overall CFR was higher in the early stages of the outbreak (17.3% for cases with symptom onset from 1-10 January) and has reduced over time to 0.7% for patients with symptom onset after 1 February. " [12]

The Joint Mission noted that the standard of care has evolved over the course of the outbreak.

And take in the fact there are probably many people that had Coronavirus, were not sick enough to go to the hospital, and never know they had Coronavirus. The mortality rate is probably lower than what people believe.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

How about the US goes to WAR Against the Chinese Bastids who started this All ? Covert Biological Warfare Against the West . China Needs to Pay Dearly for this ! ....

I'm still not sure if this is natural, or US man made, or US man made and stolen by the Chinese released on accident, or Chinese man made, or US made and then US released in China, or US man made, then stolen by China to release on their own people. OR did someone just really eat bat soup and now we are all screwed.

posted on Mar, 10 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The National Guard might take you up on that offer

So be it, history shows how well it turns out for the internees when a government decides to forcibly place you in a camp.

You're referring to Auschwitz?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join