It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 81
<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Another poll for the thread. Assuming the 40-70% population infection rate is in the realm of probability as provided by Thoughtful1 and we assume a death rate of 3-5% for those not already otherwise compromised.

The CDC who we all trust comes up with a free vaccine, who takes it?

My answer is hell no but then again I'm 34 and in good health with the means to isolate if necessary.

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
Global Pandemic Prediction

'According to Marc Lipsitch who is a professor of epidemiology at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Medicine believes that there will be a global pandemic and that 40% to 70% of the global population will be infected.'

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

BREAKING: Epicenter of coronavirus outbreak reports 1,933 new cases and 100 new deaths

twitter.com...

For those that trust the numbers. Nice round number today. 🤷‍♂️

Today for Hubei Province:

• 1933 new cases

• 100 new deaths

• 8024 serious

• 1733 critical

Yesterday:

• 1843 new cases

• 139 new deaths

• 8439 serious

• 1957 critical

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Would somebody please post the overall total of deaths from this virus please? I have been given a figure from a very reliable source and I would like to compare as too many pages of info have gone by since I last checked in and my index finger can't handle that much scrolling

Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

1666 until China releases today's numbers (then it usually increases by about 100 deaths)..
edit on 2/16/2020 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes outside China death total is 3, and I believe all three had traveled out from China ( that’s not implying it’s any less tragic don’t take that the wrong way)
France,
Hong Kong,
Philippines .

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Would somebody please post the overall total of deaths from this virus please? I have been given a figure from a very reliable source and I would like to compare as too many pages of info have gone by since I last checked in and my index finger can't handle that much scrolling

Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

HI Jane... Speaking mainly out of China... Basically we have 3 threads, previous two already closed, about a virus that outside of China till this very moment killed 3 or 4 persons, mostly old and with clinical history... Peace, AD
edit on 16-2-2020 by AngelsDecay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adski989

Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

1770, don’t tell me your figure is 50k and some bloke down the pub told you.

Lol! No, somebody who works in a lab in the UK and the figure I was given was "over 2,000 worldwide" and that everyone that is diagnosed with it ..."Each patient will be treated as a test specimen".

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Coronavirus Cases: 71,323 view by country Deaths: 1,770 Recovered: 10,857

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adski989

Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

1770, don’t tell me your figure is 50k and some bloke down the pub told you.

Lol! No, somebody who works in a lab in the UK and the figure I was given was "over 2,000 worldwide" and that everyone that is diagnosed with it ..."Each patient will be treated as a test specimen".

Rainbows
Jane

The figures are pretty close then, not sure how they would have CCP figures when they are super secretive. Thanks for info though, I’d trust someone from the UK over those professors making numbers up every day predicting we’re all going to die.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

When humanity can do something as simple as writing completely bug-free code for programmable devices, THEN, and ONLY then, would I feel comfortable with humanity playing around with the basic building blocks of life itself. Until then, we have the equivalent of monkeys finding a box of matches in a gasoline storage facility.

IMHO.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

Thanks for that, what the link to that site?, and does anyone know what the extra 80(ish) are ? On the ship ?
Kinda always a good idea if posting a graph to have some labels of the axis , and the graph is still wrong as cases outside China are not “other people” almost all were exported on the evac flights 🤷🏽‍♂️, so it still doesn’t show anything real
Edit :
If it was showing growth outside China it should if including the evacuated show significant steps up when the flights happened (what ever set of that data they are meant to be) as those were found then or shortly after

Johns Hopkins is here:
Johns Hopkins

click buttons below graph to isolate outside China etc.

I agree data for cruise ship should probably be discarded. Labels are helpful. Also this graph will be mostly imported cases. I've shown this earlier with graph for Hong Kong because they give data for imported, and local transmission, so you can clearly see how imported cases messes up the graph. But it also shows how local transmission will eventually dominate the data and gives you a clear idea of the 'noise' to be expected from imported cases.
edit on 16-2-2020 by Oppenheimer67 because: fixed link

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   

My source is the John Hopkins dashboard. Here is a direct link to the data in JSON format:

Johnhokpins JSON raw data

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

2000 world wide is probably about within the margin of error given the info is being rigged by the ccp, and what else would you expect with a novel virus?, of course anyone diagnosed is a test case, that’s why there trying different drug combinations and therapy’s to try and find something that works

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'd also say that of all the prep talk on this thread most don't mention that our greatest defense against this and any other illness is a healthy body. Spirulina, Chlorela, Chaga mushrooms, pickeled foods, probiotics, the elimination of refined sugars and wheat, and of course good old sunshine and excercise will go along way to strengthening our immune systems. I know some people have underlying complications, just a word of positive advice from someone who hasn't been to a doctor in 5 years and who has never had the flu in spite of never receiving a vaccination. Our bodies, properly cared for can whip most bacteria and viruses with ease. Oh and a last thought, raw honey (especially manuka) and elderberry. If I even think I'm getting sick I swig some elderberry and am right as rain the next day.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: BPilgrim
I'd also say that of all the prep talk on this thread most don't mention that our greatest defense against this and any other illness is a healthy body. Spirulina, Chlorela, Chaga mushrooms, pickeled foods, probiotics, the elimination of refined sugars and wheat, and of course good old sunshine and excercise will go along way to strengthening our immune systems. I know some people have underlying complications, just a word of positive advice from someone who hasn't been to a doctor in 5 years and who has never had the flu in spite of never receiving a vaccination. Our bodies, properly cared for can whip most bacteria and viruses with ease. Oh and a last thought, raw honey (especially manuka) and elderberry. If I even think I'm getting sick I swig some elderberry and am right as rain the next day.

I take it you don’t have children, they’ll make you ill even if you’re the pope! Oh and Manuka, that stuff is like a miracle, I live by it if I’m remotely ill!
edit on 16-2-2020 by Adski989 because: None

edit on 16-2-2020 by Adski989 because: None

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Is there a graph like that for local transmission outside China? (Not including the imported cases)
edit on 16-2-2020 by Adphil28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   

edit on 16-2-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:10 PM
link   
And a death in Taiwan today as well so total 4? A taxi driver with no travel to mainland but lots of Chinese passengers. (He had diabetes and hepatitis)
edit on 2/16/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 05:12 PM
link   

edit on 16-2-2020 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

link   
And this, as well:

Download the PDF here

No antiviral treatment for coronavirus infection has been proven to be effective. In a historical control study, the combination of lopinavir and ritonavir among SARS-CoV patients was associated with substantial clinical benefit (fewer adverse clinical outcomes). Arabi and colleagues initiated a placebo-controlled trial of interferon beta-1b, lopinavir, and ritonavir among patients with MERS infection in Saudi Arabia. Preclinical evidence showed the potent efficacy of remdesivir (a broad-spectrum antiviral nucleotide prodrug) to treat MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV infections. As 2019-nCoV is an emerging virus, an effective treatment has not been developed for disease resulting from this virus. Since the combination of lopinavir and ritonavir was already available in the designated hospital, a randomised controlled trial has been initiated quickly to assess the efficacy and safety of combined use of lopinavir and ritonavir in patients hospitalised with 2019-nCoV infection.

China repurposes AbbVie HIV drug as Big Pharma rallies to combat deadly coronavirus

www.wsj.com...

There aren't any drugs or vaccines approved specifically for the new virus. No antiviral treatment has proven effective against coronaviruses. But one hospital in Wuhan has started a clinical trial using a combination of two drugs that had been tested on MERS patients in Saudi Arabia. The therapy, sold under the brand name Kaletra in the U.S., is normally used to treat HIV patients and belongs to a class of drugs known as protease inhibitors, which block a key enzyme that helps viruses replicate. Re-searchers are also investigating other antivirals. In addition, a few vaccine makers are developing products targeting the virus.

On Sunday, a Chinese national health program recommended the use of a treatment from AbbVie, which the company sells under the brand names Kaletra and Aluvia, according to Beijing's Health Commission.

The therapy, first approved two decades ago to treat HIV, combines two antiviral agents. It belongs to a class of drugs known as protease inhibitors, which block a key enzyme that helps viruses replicate.
Download the PDF here

And:

ohnson & Johnson agreed to a request over the weekend by Chinese health authorities to ship its HIV drug Prezcobix for potential treatment of coronavirus infection, Chief Scientific Officer Paul Stoffels said in an interview.

The therapy, which is also a protease inhibitor combining two antiviral agents, should arrive by Tuesday, he said.

"Industry can take different steps to combating this epidemic as fast as possible," Dr. Stoffels said. Studying Prezcobix in patients who test positive for the coronavirus wouldn't harm them, he said, and could help authorities find a treatment that works.

Dr. Stoffels said J&J is also reviewing its library of compounds, including those currently in laboratories, that could potentially provide other help to patients.

coronavirus and HIV drugs for treatment

link   
a reply to: Adski989

Yea I doubt honeys gonna help when the kids have chicken pox or mumps or some other nasty dose, tbh I cant survive more than a month in this city with out picking up some cold, back in the country on the farm never had that problem but them didn’t have the same level of contact with people either
Suppose it depends where you live to some degree as well

<< 78  79  80    82  83  84 >>

join