It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 84
<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Only 115 additional cases in China, excluding hubei...

Per our glorious tyrannical Chinese government. How convenient. Dropped from 160 something yesterday. Tomorrow will be 50. Out of billions lmao 🤣

edit on 16-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

They are going to stop, posting any type of numbers soon, and try to play it off. I bet ya.

I fully expect China goes back to work, next week, and I no longer want here about this corona virus starting next month in China.
edit on 16-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: all2human

Haven't you noticed that the site stutters every hour and about 12 minutes past? You likely tried posting multiple times on the same post during that lag time.

Some forums are set such that updates to counters and such are done at set intervals instead of instantaneously. If helps with overall throughput, but in very active sites the update period causes it's own problems during that time.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddenNZ
I'm pretty certain my wife, daughter and I have the flu,it's the middle of summer here,what are the chances? My wife's friend bought some things off that wish website before all this virus stuff happened,and gave some.items to my wife,wish sent alot if free items for some reason.
Could it be Corona? I don't know,it's possible I suppose.

Heck, I bought something off of Wish too, and got it January 13th. Was shipped from China on January 4th. Been looking at it like a hooded cobra sitting over on my desk. I did already open it and handle it, and honestly lately have been more congested than normal. But nothing I could claim was anything concerning. Wife has a nagging cough, but she usually gets that in damp weather.

But I HAVE curtailed my shopping for anything even remotely suspected as potentially coming directly from China.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I am not buying any of the numbers coming out of China, its under martial law and the numbers are what XI wants them to be. You don't put up a thousand bed hospital with level four security, for a flue virus, which is complete barrier isolation. You don't put sick patients in a prison without water or toilet facilities. then close off all communication and say all is rapidly returning to normal. You don't grab people off the street who cant find a mask and beat them up. You don't make Doctors sign statements that they admit were rumour mongering. when warning of an epidemic. In fact its all a bit like someone did something really nasty to someone and now is trying to cover their asses. A mistake of the most dire proportions with consequences yet unfolding.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I just had lunch with my dad and some friends of his. One of them is a retired epidemiologist which I did not know until today (first time meeting dad's retirement friends). My dad intentionally set this meeting up as he's been asking me all kinds of virus stuff from Chinese news.

This guy worked in 26 countries and handled outbreaks of Ebola, SARS, swine flu, bird flu, MERS and other assorted nastiness. He has worked for CDC, WHO and came up from US Army Medical division. He was also cross trained by US Navy and some top ranked medical schools in the USA.

I can't even remember some of the names of the stuff he's dealt with. He's been following this whole situation closely and has read most of the available materials out there because of course he has time being retired and all. His take is really scary.

In his expert opinion for every case found in China he thinks there are 10 they are not reporting and probably don't know about maybe half of those. That's quite staggering. I asked him about the mortality rate and he felt that it was probably in the area of 10-20% and he felt the 15% being reported by some experts is probably close to the mark until more evidence is available.

And of course I asked him the 100 million dollar questions, is it natural or man-made. He said he thought about this while reading the papers. His gut tells him it's man made due to a number of things but he couldn't rule out natural origin. He did say "extremely unlikely" the spike protein was naturally occurring.

Then we talked about prepping if there's an outbreak here. He said there's more cases than we know about. He's already heard from his contacts. He's a snow bird and is mainly concerned about returning to the northern US in May when it starts heating up down here. He did prepare to be at home isolated for up to 3 months. He recommended the same to everyone.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Residential lockdowns of varying strictness — from checkpoints at building entrances to hard limits on going outdoors — now cover at least 760 million people in China, or more than half the country’s population, according to a New York Times analysis of government announcements in provinces and major cities.

To Tame Coronavirus, Mao-Style Social Control Blankets China

Roughly 10% of the world population.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Terrifying thought, I need to get some more water storage and I will be ready for about 5 months isolation.

=======

On a side note for anyone... how would you clean clothes just to be on the safe side?

I am gathering some things to disinfect myself before entering the house like we do during a CORI, but ill have to clean my uniform and I am just not sure what would work on the virus, you know would the bleach water mixture used for bio/chemical weapons work, soap and water, hot water or cold... I just dont know.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ragiusnotiel

Residential lockdowns of varying strictness — from checkpoints at building entrances to hard limits on going outdoors — now cover at least 760 million people in China, or more than half the country’s population, according to a New York Times analysis of government announcements in provinces and major cities.

To Tame Coronavirus, Mao-Style Social Control Blankets China

Roughly 10% of the world population.

Terrifying thing about this... with all the control they have and the authoritarian mindset to lock things down it still appears to be running rampant.

If it took off in the states … wow that's nightmare fuel.
edit on 16-2-2020 by Irishhaf because: weird put my comments in the quoted part

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Just be OCD about washing your hands

Be mindful of what you touch to wipe down after entering your vehicle
hands,phones,keys,bank cards,vehicle handles and controls
Do NOT touch your face with your hands when out period
Avoid cash
Wash your clothes,high heat
Shower

Avoid tight public spaces,bathrooms and large gatherings.
if you have to use public transportation, i would recommend using a mask,eye protection, tight space

Have wipes for guests or family members to wipe hand outside BEFORE entering household
when/if its starts to bloom,it will be obvious, more controls will be required
Don a mask,disposable gloves, and eye protection when out
wipe down,undress before entering household, mask off last
preferable no going out.

We are not there yet and hopefully won't be
I'm holding out hope the changing of seasons will stay it's spread or better kill it
As always, stay healthy.
edit on 16-2-2020 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
Is there any useful information at this twit source? I can't read Japanese, and cant get translate to work on it.
twitter.com...

Here:
Of the 53 new coronavirus-infected people in Japan, 17 were discharged, 25 were hospitalized, 1 died, and 10 others were hospitalized without symptoms.

In addition, at 21:00 on February 15,
355 new coronavirus-positive passengers on cruise ships

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I just had lunch with my dad and some friends of his. One of them is a retired epidemiologist

This guy worked in 26 countries and handled outbreaks of Ebola, SARS, swine flu, bird flu, MERS and other assorted nastiness. He has worked for CDC, WHO and came up from US Army Medical division. He was also cross trained by US Navy and some top ranked medical schools in the USA.

What a fortuitous meeting!

In his expert opinion for every case found in China he thinks there are 10 they are not reporting and probably don't know about maybe half of those. That's quite staggering. I asked him about the mortality rate and he felt that it was probably in the area of 10-20% and he felt the 15% being reported by some experts is probably close to the mark until more evidence is available.

And of course I asked him the 100 million dollar questions, is it natural or man-made. He said he thought about this while reading the papers. His gut tells him it's man made due to a number of things but he couldn't rule out natural origin. He did say "extremely unlikely" the spike protein was naturally occurring.

His opinion is meaningful. He confirmed much of what has been said on this thread. And you did a great job of asking the right questions. Thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rich Z

" I HAVE curtailed my shopping for anything even remotely suspected as potentially coming directly from China"

Almost everything in the US is made in China - Wamart is China.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
I just had lunch with my dad and some friends of his. One of them is a retired epidemiologist which I did not know until today (first time meeting dad's retirement friends). My dad intentionally set this meeting up as he's been asking me all kinds of virus stuff from Chinese news.

I can't even remember some of the names of the stuff he's dealt with. He's been following this whole situation closely and has read most of the available materials out there because of course he has time being retired and all. His take is really scary.

Then we talked about prepping if there's an outbreak here. He said there's more cases than we know about. He's already heard from his contacts. He's a snow bird and is mainly concerned about returning to the northern US in May when it starts heating up down here. He did prepare to be at home isolated for up to 3 months. He recommended the same to everyone.

Your dad is coming from the "wisdom of wise" . Hope the members here are reading your post and silently shopping at night . Also keep in mind, if possible, get veg. seeds and other types of seeds. I noticed here (farming area, seeds are now in short supply, but actually this time of year is when the people buy seeds for spring planting, but the shelves show a sign that different people are scooping them up now.
A true example now will be shown in Japan of what really happens if a pandemic sets in. So far the TV stations are free to speak, so no sensitizing of BS to steer up panic which is good.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 1questioner

You are welcome. I have coaching experience from my previous job so I tried to be very careful not to say anything leading. I asked very open ended questions and let him do the talking. I didn’t let on about how much I knew until later in the conversation after I said I was in Asia for SARS.

My father (retired navy) met him through their retired navy hobby club and they carve wood together and stuff.

Now I put 2 + 2 and figured out my dad knew this guy for awhile and was asking me questions to see how serious I thought it was and was comparing notes to his friend.

I’m still sorta flabbergasted by the whole thing actually. It’s kinda like winning the ATS lottery.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I've got to admit, this is pretty disturbing. I've seen the welded door vids etc., but here you can see people on the second floor looking out. Every home is barricaded shut from the outside.

Twitter vid: more barricading people in.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I’m still sorta flabbergasted by the whole thing actually. It’s kinda like winning the ATS lottery.

LOL
edit on 16-2-2020 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Is there any useful information at this twit source? I can't read Japanese, and cant get translate to work on it.
twitter.com...

see my post: hmm how do you post a link using firefox?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:08 PM
link   

twitter.com...

Here:
Of the 53 new coronavirus-infected people in Japan, 17 were discharged, 25 were hospitalized, 1 died, and 10 others were hospitalized without symptoms.

In addition, at 21:00 on February 15,
355 new coronavirus-positive passengers on cruise ships

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Only 115 additional cases in China, excluding hubei...

Per our glorious tyrannical Chinese government. How convenient. Dropped from 160 something yesterday. Tomorrow will be 50. Out of billions lmao 🤣

They are going to stop, posting any type of numbers soon, and try to play it off. I bet ya.

I fully expect China goes back to work, next week, and I no longer want here about this corona virus starting next month in China.

Yup, 34 new today. I think everyone stopped going to the hospital.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 08:21 PM
link   
US Embassy in Tokyo no updates since Feb. 10. 2020
Statement: Level 1: Exercise normal precautions in Japan

So if you have common sense and want to know what "normal precautions " are... my opinion here is to go into "survival mode" quickly.

Normal precaution can mean : if you see a store being robbed by a gunman, do you run away?
No info on what "normal precautions" mean.

For me that means avoid all public transportation if possible at this time.

notice the update is Feb 10
I'm sure there been some drastic changes now in Japan since then
edit on 0200000050242020-02-16T20:24:50-06:00245002pm8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 81  82  83    85  86  87 >>

join