It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 3

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Oppenheimer67

No problem, I don’t take offensive everyone has different views, it would be a boring planet if everyone thought and believed all the same thing

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

This would be why they decided to start testing all people with cold and flu symptoms, right?

Maybe I'm less upset because I feel like we are all going to end up having to get it sooner or later given what it is.

We may well all get it. Though I'd rather wait for a vaccine. My point is that slowing transmission is key. Avoid overwhelming health systems and unnecessary deaths. The current strategy seems to be compounding this issue.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleman
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Would that not give the descendants a higher resilience to the virus?

That would normally be the expectation. But in this case the over-reaction of the immune system may be the lethal part. So, a mild "maternal heritage memory" could be triggering the over-reaction.

I guess another possibility is a similar trigger from that new mandatory free vaccination program that started in China in 2019, but that does not seem to be as regionally specific as the severity of nCov19.

Yeah, does seem to be a coincidence, doesn't it?

www.loc.gov...

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I’m 100% sure my maths is off by a country mile lol

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: redpassion

I think that if this were the case, Wuhan wouldn't be the epicenter, it would have exploded everywhere.

the first 40 people infected -> 26 of them were in or around that Fish Market in Wuhan the other 14 people that got infected had No Exposure to that same Fish Market …. so they were infected by another Source, but that source was in Wuhan

at least that's what the Chinese Health Reports say (if those are real, truthful, facts/evidence)

all infected persons need to detail all their activities throughout the day...let's see if a cloud of WuFlu-Virus aerosol vapors traveled thru the city streets for example

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Your chances of dying from the coronavirus even if you get it are so miniscule it almost amounts to no risk at all. The real risk will be if there are quarantines. Stores will run out of food and people will run out of food and supplies. Stock up some food and essentials and you're fine. You really have nothing to worry about. If you're old or have severe pre-existing conditions you might be at a small risk but even at that the risk of death is low. This forum is hilarious.

a reply to: SpartanStoic

edit on 16-2-2020 by ItsOkToBeHappy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I have a photo from one of the princess cruise passengers. She's now on a bus in Tokyo being evacuated from the cruise liner. Photo is of everyone inside the bus. Not sure how to post it - can anyone give me instructions? I clicked on the photo upload icon however it comes up with a blank black box.

I've tried to upload from two different browsers. If anyone wants to see it then reach out to me directly I guess.
edit on 16-2-2020 by Mamana12 because: more info

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

I was speaking with my mother this morning who is retired. At least 5 of her friends are in the hospital with bad cases of the flu. This is more than she can remember since she retired 12 years ago. 1 of them is in critical condition. Most them do have 1 underlying health condition but nothing too serious that she knows. I wonder how many of them do have the virus. My mom also said she wasn’t allowed to visit any of them in the hospital which is really not normal in her retirement community. I have visited family friends in hospital freely since back in the USA.

My wife wanted to get a flu shot and none of the places around us had any left for anyone under 65. We checked about 6 of them yesterday, then called about 5 more and gave up. I wasn’t in USA last year can’t really compare it with anything but seemed strange that so many places were out of shots. It’s generally free in this state through a variety of means but still that’s a lot of shots.

Wife is majorly freaked out with what she is reading on WeChat these days. And she’s equally angry at Xi Jinping and wants to see him deposed at a minimum.

I don’t think this is over by a long shot. They are letting the numbers decline to try and get people back to work. Note my last link - 1 factory went back, 2 people had the virus and now 300 quarantined at wor.

I hear a lot of reports similar to your Mum's. A lot of cases could be going under the radar as flu. As I've said before, who knows? Maybe WHO does.

It is flu season though, so it's a tricky one. I'm not sure what difference it makes though because basic treatment is the same. It only affects our data, and hampers containment. Like I say, it's like they have given up hope of containment, if there ever was any, and now it's a case of keep the markets strong as long as possible in preparedness for the crash, by hiding all evidence of outbreak as long as possible.

I'm no fanboy of CCP or anything, but I think what China has done to try and contain this is remarkable. What they say and what they do are sometimes completely different. On one hand they play it down, trying to maintain order and keep spirits high among their ppl (fair enough?). On the other, actions speak louder than words, and in their actions they have given a grave warning to the rest of the world about the precautions we should be taking. I was also impressed that they are dishing out severe punishment to anyone trying to cash in and raise prices. I can't imagine that happening in the UK. You can already buy a rubbish 'corona' face mask on eBay for £30.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamana12

I had to use internet explorer to upload to profile ( upload is in the drop down at the page top) up load it there and click image after to get link, haven’t been able to upload from mobile or chrome on desktop though)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet, but a double update is better than no update I imagine. 40 Americans off the Diamond Princess are going to be hospitalised in Japan.

Coronavirus: Forty infected Americans among cruise ship evacuees

Others being evacuated are going to air force bases in the United States.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28

I’m 100% sure my maths is off by a country mile lol

Hey, you're an engineer, make it 2 miles to be safe

You got the progression right though, and although it wouldn't be constant, you can see the reason why this is 'potentially' very bad news.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Being that the CDC now says they will test people who are negative tested for flu makes the appearance that they know or suspect of undiagnosed cases in the wild and potentially in hospitals and doctors offices infecting others.

It seems as draconian, human right abusing and just plain crazy the CCPs reaction has been it may be that they are going overkill whereas in our western countries they are downplaying and probably not reacting as strongly as they should.

Time will tell.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

originally posted by: Dolby_X
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

But still show even with a western type hospital it still can kill

Yes but its still only killing Chinese/SEA's. Like I have said previously its almost as if the virus was tailored in a Lab. The question is, where? And did it come from the US or is it home engineered? Also, was it an accidental release (likely) or deliberate and by who??? And what are the implications?

Sorry, I'm still only on page 60. I can't allocate enough time to stay on the front edge of this thread.

Anyway, from what I have been reading and watching, I'm developing a suspicion of what has happened. Not that I know a hill of beans about this stuff, technically, but heck my guesses are probably just as good as anyone else's at this point.

I believe that the 2019-nCoV virus was being used to try to develop a vaccine for SARS and was located within the Wuhan BSL-4 lab. That virus somehow escaped the lab or they lost control of test subjects. The virus was engineered, but not specifically as a weapon. It was engineered to make it easier to study by enhancing it's ability to delay the immune system of the host and make it overall hardier as a survivor while being studied. Possibly gene splicing from HIV was used with that target in mind. And possibly this test virus was designed such that it would target people of Chinese descent, such that the developed vaccine would be most effective at defending the people of Chinese heritage over anyone else.

Perhaps a preliminary vaccine was already administered to some of the Chinese population, so this new infection by the actual virus is reacting non-favorably with the vaccinated Chinese. Those that did not have the vaccine are still infected, but not with as notably concerning symptoms as those that had the vaccine.

Just a work in progress, but some of the facts fit. Explains why the Chinese seem to know exactly what this is, and why they feel their reaction to contain it is justified. Also explains why it appears that some of Chinese descent are reacting much more strongly to the infection than others.

Right now, I believe the best weapon that the Chinese could use in their war against this virus is to provide the TRUTH about what happened so the full resources of the WORLD could jump in and try to come up with a viable solution. To much time and effort is being wasted just trying to figure out what we are dealing with. Otherwise China might be on the brink of reverting back to their pre-industrial days because of severe attrition of their entire industry capable population. And I think they know that. They need to face the fact that losing face would be a whole lot better than losing everything else. Quarantine of the entire country still leaves the entire country on the INSIDE of that quarantine. China needs to admit that it really REALLY needs help right now.

IMHO (In My Humble Opinion, for those that don't know)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Agreed, I wasn’t trying to be acurate and account for all the variables ( don’t think anyone even knows all of them at this time ) just show how fast it would jump up based on those numbers, does show how fast it would overwhealm health services in any country though so it’s easy to see why people are concerned , add to that it looks like flu to most people at the start and it’s defiantly a potentially big problem

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oppenheimer67

originally posted by: ketsuko

This would be why they decided to start testing all people with cold and flu symptoms, right?

Maybe I'm less upset because I feel like we are all going to end up having to get it sooner or later given what it is.

We may well all get it. Though I'd rather wait for a vaccine. My point is that slowing transmission is key. Avoid overwhelming health systems and unnecessary deaths. The current strategy seems to be compounding this issue.

i wouldnt count on ever getting a vaccine. this disease is the same as SARS. when they tried to create a SARS vaccine it ended up killing all of the test subject. This could be what is happening in wuhan. they were potentially vaccinated against SARS now they are encountering another coronavirus that is killing them

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic

Being that the CDC now says they will test people who are negative tested for flu makes the appearance that they know or suspect of undiagnosed cases in the wild and potentially in hospitals and doctors offices infecting others.

It seems as draconian, human right abusing and just plain crazy the CCPs reaction has been it may be that they are going overkill whereas in our western countries they are downplaying and probably not reacting as strongly as they should.

Time will tell.

Indeed. It could also be they are learning from China. Testing quickly becomes unachievable and wasted man-power. Lockdown may stop production or delivery of frontline consumables, and supplies in general. There will be an equation weighing up various scenarios against likelihood and risk to life etc. I just hope profit and maintaining power, and restoring power, for those in power wasn't the leading factor.

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: cirrus12

Perhaps that's why the Americans test for the influenza, if its not Influenza then it must have a high probability of being the Coro.

But that only makes sense for testing people who are already exhibiting symptoms, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Meh it makes sense to me now why China, locked down wuhan. They suspected a virus, got out of there testing facility, they had no idea if there others that got out as well. My hypothesis at least. The west and other countries cannot ensue panic, they literally have to lie and play it off. Politics are obviously involved in this as well. There are unconfirmed cases out there on purpose right now.. The next chapter in this is desensitizing populations enough to inform them more than likely we will all get infected. After that hopefully a vaccine, yet maybe the real story, becomes the vaccine....
edit on 16-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ItsOkToBeHappy
Your chances of dying from the coronavirus even if you get it are so miniscule it almost amounts to no risk at all. The real risk will be if there are quarantines. Stores will run out of food and people will run out of food and supplies. Stock up some food and essentials and you're fine. You really have nothing to worry about. If you're old or have severe pre-existing conditions you might be at a small risk but even at that the risk of death is low. This forum is hilarious.

You are wrong. This is not a joke. Just look at the death rate. It seems that you are not well informed about the virus ir you are just kidding

posted on Feb, 16 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
The likelihood of a healthy young individual is relatively low.

Over the age of 65 - looks like 3-5%.

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join