It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

Agree wih you, a serious condition...really pain in the ass...the feeling when trying to breathe and it feels like cant get enough oxygen...

People with flu should use face mask, and wash hands....to not spread it all over...

I suffered long time stomach problems after pneunomia, the antibiotics worked in bad way in the gut....

edit on 5-2-2020 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Interesting stuff »»»

www.stuff.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Plummer mourned as outstanding scientist who helped curb HIV

Dr. Frank Plummer, a world-acclaimed microbiologist renowned for his work in Africa pioneering breakthroughs in HIV/AIDS research, has died suddenly at the age of 67.

"He was sounding bright, and it was great to talk to him," said Fowke. "He was very enthusiastic about some of the projects that he's been working on. He was continuing to work on an HIV vaccine, and he was very enthusiastic about that. And I had no clue that this could happen. It's very sudden and unexpected."

Plummer reportedly died of a heart attack, Fowke said.

I don't know. Might just be a heart attack, sure it would be a stressful time with everything currently going around. I do know plenty of other things are not properly adding up.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hey guys, longtime lurker here.

I just wanted to report some general flu information which I thought was interesting and informative. I'm sure you've all seen comparisons of this coronavirus to the seasonal flu all over the internet poo-pooing this death toll which is only about 500 because it's a far cry from 61,000. The problem is these numbers are in now way compatible. I think the most important distinction is that one is a lab confirmed figure (if we believe the Chinese authorities, but that's another matter entirely) and the other is an estimation. Just how liberal the CDC is with their figures defies logic. In the United States children's deaths from the flu are required to be recorded (for the past 15 years or so), so that's really the only substantial number we have. Well we also have the 2,000 figure of patients with influenza on their death certificate, but again not lab confirmed.

For the 2017-18 flu season (the latest flu season which has complete data) 188 pediatric deaths were recorded. Do you know how many more the CDC added to correct for underreporting? The answer is 455. And believe it or not this is the least egregious example because the 188 figure was lab confirmed influenza, the same cannot be said for the other 60,357‬. Now I will make the assumption that a large portion of that remaining figure was confirmed pneumonia cases, but I don't think I can assume they are all or even mostly flu related. Sources I've seen say 1/3 of pneumonia cases develop from a respiratory virus and among those influenza is the most common. The official figures for pneumonia deaths that year are included in the total and amount to about 50,000 and as you can see blaming the flu for all of them seems disingenuous at best. Furthermore even that 50,000 number is yet again an estimation.

So as crazy as it sounds there are now more lab confirmed ncov deaths than lab confirmed annual flu deaths in the USA. Before the requirement for recording pediatric deaths the number was less than 50.

During the swine flu pandemic 18,000 deaths were recorded worldwide and 1,600 lab confirmed. Now the CDC estimates 151,700 - 575,400 died worldwide during that season. And believe it or not those are the highest lab confirmed figures we've ever recorded for influenza.

Maybe I'm exaggerating how much the CDC fudges their data. The point is the confirmed figures and estimated ones bear little resemblance toward each other and if that's the case here then we could be dealing with something that has already killed tens of thousands.

Here are a bunch of sources if you want to check for yourself. Of course I may have made a mistake in my info, but I tried my best:

www.cdc.gov...
www.cdc.gov...
www.passporthealthusa.com...
www.cdc.gov...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Well it have looked like a lot fear is spreading, misinfodemic , Mysophobia ...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

That article AngelsDecay posted is one of the very few that have more true angle, point of wiew about WuFlu

Thanks AngelsDecay

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Mein gott.....Hitler infected with WuFlu

a

ROTFL! Thanks, Kenzo.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

Well it have looked like a lot fear is spreading, misinfodemic , Mysophobia ...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

That article AngelsDecay posted is one of the very few that have more true angle, point of wiew about WuFlu

Thanks AngelsDecay

Many tanx my friend..BTW, last night here in Portugal both another 2 suspected cases were also dismissed as negatives...besides the chinese community here keeps growing year after year (my moms street´s two families and a restaurant and a small general mall), infections remains zero till this very moment...for tomorrow numbers its the same as winning the Euromiliions...only God knows

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:06 AM
link   

CHINESE TV: RESEARCH TEAM AT ZHEJIANG UNIVERSITY HAS FOUND AN EFFECTIVE DRUG TO TREAT PEOPLE WITH THE NEW CORONA VIRUS

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Rendisiv ?

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngelsDecay
Interesting stuff »»»

www.stuff.co.nz...

It's a worry that the article has considered the infected number may be higher but will not even consider the death figures could be higher...

That 2% people keep talking about is only based on trusting the death number is 100% accurate...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:13 AM
link   

The 10 people on the quarantined cruise ship in Japan who have the virus are:
--1 crew member from the Philippines
--3 passengers from Hong Kong
--3 passengers from Japan
--2 passengers from Australia
--1 passenger from US

So, you'd have to assume the Hong Kong passengers took the virus on board?

edit on 5/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:18 AM
link   

BREAKING: Coronavirus – Visitors from mainland China must enter two-week quarantine, Hong Kong gov’t announces hongkongfp.com... #wuhan #hongkong #wuhanvirus #WuhanCoronavirus

should have been done a week ago Hong Kong.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Vietnams getting prepared

Vietnam is setting up field hospitals with thousands of beds to handle a potential influx of coronavirus cases, health officials said

www.thehansindia.com... rce=Twitter&utm_medium=1874798778&utm_content=auto-link&utm_id=139
edit on 5/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
China had another green day on the markets.

Yet, no good news and more deaths/infections than any other day.

It feels like its being propped up still

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Russian media making some statements.. not sure if i believe it, too big a risk for a country to use biological weapons that could backfire in their own borders.

“The Chinese believe the coronavirus is created by the Americans,” the popular Komsomolskaya Pravda reported, citing as proof that the virus was “genetically shaped in the American laboratories,” the claim that “all the infected are Asians!” and there are “no Europeans.”

Russia’s oldest state-owned news agency, RIA Novosti, reported, “The spread of coronavirus might have been a sabotage, the expert [Nikulin] thinks.”

The RIA Novosti report, citing Nikulin, speculated that U.S. diplomatic staff may have “delivered” the dangerous cargo from the “American lab” to Wuhan.

www.dimsumdaily.hk...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Sounds good AngelsDecay

They make excellent port wines there in Portugal....might help keeping infections at bay

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
“The Chinese believe the coronavirus is created by the Americans,” the popular Komsomolskaya Pravda reported, citing as proof that the virus was “genetically shaped in the American laboratories,” the claim that “all the infected are Asians!” and there are “no Europeans.”

The "no Europeans" bit is already a lie, there are German (Caucasians) infected. Wouldn't believe the rest at all.

Besides, chances are, if it was a bioweapon, it was done by the Chinese because the CCP is dumb enough to put a lab in the middle of a 11M city.
edit on 5-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Mateo96

Check, Putin's people are just throwing manure into the steaming mess. Both Russian and Chinese governments are paranoid as can be, which makes the international situation that much more stressed.

Sounds like everything is still good in the Canary Islands!

Cheers

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Just a thought...if around 500 people would been end dead in same time period in Syria as has been in Hubei province now ,im pretty sure usa & nato would accused that Assad has been using chemical or biological weapons there.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Considering that China has asked the US govt for help, I'd say they know something the Russians do not, I'd say that alone leaves the idea of China actually believing it's an US attack out of the question. Any word or support effort coming from North Korea?

And regarding the case in the islands, yeah, almost no changes. The 5 suspected cases (and the 6th friend) will remain in quarantine till the 11th (being the total of days 14).

Tenerife received the test kits and were able to re-confirm that only one of the 5 is infected, which is VERY weird, you'd assume that somebody traveling and sharing a room with 4 other people would be able to infect them all by now.

Still, they are going to be quarantined by then just in case, but those other 4 people will be able to make the quarantine time alongside the 6th friend in the hotel room.
The positive case will remain in the hospital till then at least.

But yeah, all in all, not a lot going on here, I'm more bothered by the sandstorm (calima) we are currently going through these days.
edit on 5-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join