It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Interesting watch for understanding the virus, possibly warrant a new thread but anyway get clued up

Oops I’ve screwed the link

Here
www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Yeah, I don't know what that all really means pertaining to subnets. Still no demonstrable evidence of your claims and you're expecting someone, who admittedly has limited computer networking knowledge, do your legwork for you. You even say yourself that you only 'believe that is is probably their residential subnet.'

I think that the site in the aforementioned post is just maybe wrong or outdated. Like I said, full on internet access censorship from China would not shock me in the least bit, however it doesn't seem to be the case at this time until demonstrated otherwise.

ETA: So how does the supposed Shanghai outage correlate to the other cities, including large cities in the US and Europe, in addition to Tokyo I mentioned before, showing 100% packet loss?
edit on 2/4/2020 by cmdrkeenkid because: Added additional text.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: cmdrkeenkid
a reply to: fleabit

Yeah, I don't know what that all really means pertaining to subnets. Still no demonstrable evidence of your claims and you're expecting someone, who admittedly has limited computer networking knowledge, do your legwork for you. You even say yourself that you only 'believe that is is probably their residential subnet.'

I think that the site in the aforementioned post is just maybe wrong or outdated. Like I said, full on internet access censorship from China would not shock me in the least bit, however it doesn't seem to be the case at this time until demonstrated otherwise.

I am just poking into it myself, I don't normally do networking into China. Not asking you to do any legwork, just providing info as I look into it. My experience is just IT - been doing it for 30 + years, and I am an IT director for a decent sized company.

An ISP will reserve subnets for different things. A smaller subnet is probably reserved for major corporations. Some subnets like the one I can't ping with a lot of addresses is most likely for something like residential service. That is why it's most likely residential - there are a -lot- more addresses used by residential services, and so.. those subnets are much larger. Most things like webcams will use residential services. So, when I can't get any webcam to come up, I can assume they are using standard residential services and they are "down." Probably does work internally in their own subnet.. just not out of their country.

Major corporations use a different subnet (both in China and in other countries). Those subnets seem to be online. Alibaba is a massive company.. I don't think China is about to take them offline.

You don't have to take my word for it - but I have no agenda, just a guy in Colorado, trying to hammer out exactly what is happening in China.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I should also mention - while you think there is censorship and whatnot, keep in mind - Shanghai is a massive city. The amount of traffic required to keep normal business going must be immense. To shut down service would be a massive hit to their economy. My company does a lot of business with China. If we were unable to communicate, that would be huge. For larger companies, not a big deal.. they are probably still up, for now. But for smaller companies? This would be a major hit if they do business outside of China. Which of course a -lot- of business in China.. is outside of China.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock
a reply to: celltypespecific I havent seen anyone in masks yet but I live in rural Tennessee. For the most part its just farmers and mountain men but what I did see at the grocery store was a HUGE display of Carnation powdered milk. Not the small boxes or bags but the large "makes 8 quarts" containers for $7.00 a piece. As I was putting 2 in my cart because well its powdered milk and I may need this some day soon I over heard a customer asking the store manager who was hauling out a HUGE cardboard bin of of freeze dried apple slices (If you haven't tried them they are delish btw) why they had placed such a huge display of powdered milk and now the freeze dried fruit. We don't normally get really bad weather here and she told him as much. He quietly replied that there is a new flu coming from China and his boss ordered extra dry goods. Summary of this little story is that while I stood in line I watched about every other person who passed by the display stop and pick up 2 or 3 containers of the dried milk. Instant milk is truly not some thing the average person has on their weekly shopping list so in my opinion people are planning and stocking up even if they aren't worried about getting the virus.

Excellent..thanks for reporting....
This is the anecdotal evidence that will be important going forward...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Remdesivir is the latest drug being tested against Corona virus

www.nature.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">Remdesivir

I believe it is a modified drug that was used to treat Ebola, created in 2016 btw.
edit on 4/2/2020 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Could somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen this covered before and I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly or not.

As of right now there are currently 24,557 cases world wide, 3223 of which are critical, 493 dead and 966 recovered (these are the confirmed numbers we have to work with) so 493 + 966 = 1459 patients who have fallen into the dead or recovered category leaving 23,098 patients to eventually also fall into one of these two categories.

493/1459 = 33.7% mortality rate as you cant work out the mortality rate they are giving us (2% based off of total infections) vs the total infected because that would mean the recovery rate is also only around 3.9% leaving roughly 94% unaccounted for.

Am I missing something or working this out incorrectly because going off of the previously dead and recovered we would be seeing a large percentage of the 23,098 patients dying in the coming weeks.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Benjicleo

You and everyone else are missing the locked in the homes, got over it on there own and the dead that have not been found or reported. The 94% unaccounted for that you came up with is as accurate as any numbers going around. The numbers we do have are not totally accurate at best and could be intentionally misleading.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusamaso
As a brazilian living in Brazil, should I make this arrangements as well?

A good question for anyone to ask. The answer is, "it depends".

Are you in a city or do you live in a rural area?

If you live in a rural area somewhere with few visitors from abroad, you may be safe for quite a while. That is contingent on your rural area growing enough of its own food to at least prevent local starvation if the logistics chains get disrupted. That is contingent on having local water supplies, like wells, that you can use to drink from.

Large cities -anywhere- will be a mess if the virus spreads there.

The reply to your question depends on your local situation. But in general, preparation for at least a brief disruption of the logistics chain is a good idea IMO.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:43 AM
link   
HUGE

China's Wuhan has converted 11 venues into temporary hospitals with over 10,000 beds, which takes in patients with mild symptoms caused by the #coronavirus

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
HUGE

China's Wuhan has converted 11 venues into temporary hospitals with over 10,000 beds, which takes in patients with mild symptoms caused by the #coronavirus

twitter.com...

Over 60 million people in the province they are going to have to build hundreds more .

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Update, but here is my original post the morning 2-5 20 Tokyo 9:30 am

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now 33 are suspected to be having difficulties.

The 10 that have been taken off the ship
1. 2 are women
2. 1 is a man
These 3 are said to be hurting pretty bad.
I'll stay away from actual language due to translation.

The number 237 under watch, (not sure at the moment ,4 pm Tokyo time what their condition is .
The Diamond Princess liner is off shore and being patrol 24 hours a day. Hopefully people don't start jumping ship.
I'm going to go on the limb and say it was docked, but when it moved out into the ocean, I don't know. Smart move. The waters are very cold this time of year.

Please note that this morning number was 31, now it is up to 33 that is being closely monitored on the ship.

I'm a bit confused on the numbers, what I didn't pick up is this: is the 33 not including those 10 that have been evacuated.
Maybe I'll have an answer or someone else here that lives in Japan will chime in on this.

By the way, lines are forming where mask can be bought. Limit one package to person.

edit on 0200000016582020-02-05T00:58:16-06:00581602am12 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge

You’ve miss understood what I was asking. These are the numbers we know of, this is all we can work off of, we can’t speculate or guess how many people have, had or will have the virus. We know for a fact that those many people have died/recovered and are currently sick.

They are reporting that the mortality rate is 2% based off of those numbers but the maths I provided shows otherwise with a much much higher number.

I was just not sure if I was missing something or working something out incorrectly as I’m not somebody with Any experience in working out the mortality rates of illnesses there might be a different formula for it that I don’t know of etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: wuflu

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
HUGE

twitter.com...

Over 60 million people in the province they are going to have to build hundreds more .

Maybe that’s why they’re locking people inside buildings, Tombs

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:15 AM
link   
ab-tc.com...

Dont know if this has been reported on here yet, 4 in Nigeria tested positive. 3 Nigerians 1 chinese

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benjicleo
Could somebody please correct me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen this covered before and I'm not sure if I am doing this correctly or not.

As of right now there are currently 24,557 cases world wide, 3223 of which are critical, 493 dead and 966 recovered (these are the confirmed numbers we have to work with) so 493 + 966 = 1459 patients who have fallen into the dead or recovered category leaving 23,098 patients to eventually also fall into one of these two categories.

493/1459 = 33.7% mortality rate as you cant work out the mortality rate they are giving us (2% based off of total infections) vs the total infected because that would mean the recovery rate is also only around 3.9% leaving roughly 94% unaccounted for.

Am I missing something or working this out incorrectly because going off of the previously dead and recovered we would be seeing a large percentage of the 23,098 patients dying in the coming weeks.

The mortality rate is 2%, 493 / 24,557. The recovery rate is 3.9%, 966 / 24,557. There are a few important things to remember though. One is that the total dead and recovered combined only represent 6% of the total known cases. At least one of those two groups is going to grow significantly when the remaining 94% reach their final disposition. If the present ratio remains constant that will equate to roughly 1/3 dead and 2/3 recovered, or, 8,200 dead and 16,337 recovered. A greater than 30% mortality rate.

Those numbers are potentially bad, however, this virus is still mutating. We could be one mutation away from a docile minor inconvenience or a nightmare. There is no telling which way it will go. That is why it is only common sense to at least acknowledge the potential downside and have some kind of plan in mind if that becomes reality. I would say this is one time when it definitely pays to err on the side of caution.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Totalitarian state in full swing,English subtitles

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Ok,this has me worried. . NZ apparently stopped flights from China a day or two ago...now we have a Chinese passenger dieing mid flight from China. I bet the plane was full of infected people. Wow ...thanks NZ govt for keeping us all safe.
www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

We could be one mutation away from a docile minor inconvenience or a nightmare. There is no telling which way it will go.

While technically true, evolution favors a virus factory that creates more virus factories, not a virus factory that kills off the host and in turn, itself. The origination of the seasonal flu was pretty nasty, but evolution favors the long living and reproducing rather than short living and deadly.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

The brother in laws mate has got back from Beijing to NZ a couple of weeks back, he is saying its far worse than is being reported, people are dropping in the streets and no body wants to help them. Its anecdotal but I would suggest taking precautions might be good form.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join