It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: tanstaafl
I have cleared up what I meant.

You are free to believe whatever you want.

You are also free to do whatever you want with your life, take whatever risks, etc.

However, when you engage in conversation, don't be surprised if you say something and someone takes you at your word.

In other words, choose your words carefully, and you won't find yourself constantly having to correct yourself later.

"I'm a very happy person..."

You seem like you have a stick up your backside.

Yes, it can be irritating when your mistakes are pointed out to you in public. I forgive you...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Infected mom gave birth to a baby and the baby had the virus.
not sure if thats common or not with viruses...

China: Baby Tested Positive of Coronavirus After 30 hours of birth

www.pratidintime.com...

Influenza viruses are known to cross the placenta from pregnant women into the fetus.
OB & GYN

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:39 AM
link   

You forgot to call me 'boomer'.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Adphil28
Nicotinamide (NAM), also known as niacinamide, is a form of vitamin B3 found in food and used as a dietary supplement and medication.[3][4][5] As a supplement, it is used by mouth to prevent and treat pellagra (niacin deficiency).[4] While nicotinic acid (niacin) may be used for this purpose, nicotinamide has the benefit of not causing skin flushing.[4] As a cream, it is used to treat acne.[5]
Source:
en.m.wikipedia.org...

I know, that is why I take both.

The flushing caused by niacin is the tolerance 'symptom' of the blood capillaries near the surface of the skin expanding/opening up, dramatically increasing blood flow to the skin. As you start taking it, you build up a tolerance, I usually build up to 3-5grams per day for a month or two, then stop for a while (been over 2 years since my last time, I'm overdue).

Niacinimide works similarly, but deeper inside the body. It's tolerance 'symptom' is a creepy/crawly feeling inside the body. This is the result of the deeper blood vessels surrounding your internal organs doing the same thing - expanding/opening up, dramatically increasing blood flow/circulation. It is basically an 'internal flushing'.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: checkmeout
www.google.com...
Another ship on lockdown this time.

In Hong Kong 1800 passengers, several showing symptoms

Italy too,right?

Gin

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

There's a cruise ship quarantined in Japan too. 10 people tested positive.

www.theguardian.com...

EDIT: Oh I see you already covered this in last page and before that too. So many pages to catch up for me.

edit on 5-2-2020 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gin

There's a cruise ship quarantined in Japan too. 10 people tested positive.

www.theguardian.com...

EDIT: Oh I see you already covered this in last page and before that too. So many pages to catch up for me.

hey I hear ya on that
What I'm trying to do now is post once or twice a day with updates and hopefully also add the links to the old updates, I hope that helps the members out
tomorrow morning's update will be missed, be in the hospital , hopefully I will just be an outpatient only

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Usually the mothers immune system protects the baby, so for colds, flu, chicken pox etc the baby is fine ( been there done that last one so I know that’s legit!) things like hiv, hepatitis are carried in the blood and there is a level of protection but infection normally occurs from contact during birth ( as far as I remember ) with infected blood
So if this was flu/ cold like the child should be good until born but that does sound like it’s the case

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Ok since it has become clear ? we need to know what the F is going on in China, who should go there to find out ?

1. Hercule Poirot

2. Sherloc Holmes

3. John McClane

4. Jack Ryan

5. John Rambo

6. James Bond

7. Your choice ?

8. None, not safe to breathe air in China

9. Nicolas Cage as Fu Manchu

Im voting 9.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

This is something that spreads though close contact including surface contact. Masks will keep you from spreading it as much if you're sick, but I don't see how they will keep you from getting it.

The nasty nature is how you often you touch things that sick people have touched and then touch your mouth, nose, eyes. If you are in close contact, you may get coughed or sneezed on at close range which then spreads the virus airborne, but that isn't it's first line of spread.

Gloves may be more important along with hand sanitizer for public interaction all things considered. That and avoid places like public restrooms. Explode first and try your best to make it home.

link   

originally posted by: Kenzo
Ok since it has become clear ? we need to know what the F is going on in China, who should go there to find out ?

1. Hercule Poirot

2. Sherloc Holmes

3. John McClane

4. Jack Ryan

5. John Rambo

6. James Bond

7. Your choice ?

8. None, not safe to breathe air in China

9. Nicolas Cage as Fu Manchu

Im voting 9.

Pelosi, I don't think she likes people who think Americans should have patriotism in their heart for their country. Chinese do.

link   
a reply to: Kenzo
Is this really the place to post rubbish like this? Surely facebook would be a better place for this dribble

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Does the baby really have the virus? Well, it depends on the type of test used on the baby - which is not evident from reading the article. If they tested for 'antibodies to the virus' of course the test would be positive, as these are protective antibodies from the exposed mother and they cross the placental barrier into the baby's blood. If they tested directly for viral antigens, well, then the baby might have it, because maybe some of these could cross (unknown). If they cultured the virus (which I assume they didn't, because that is expensive and also risky), then that is the only way we could be 100% sure the baby has it. SO in conclusion we need more information, but it is good they are gathering data for us.

edit on 5-2-2020 by Fowlerstoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Certain of the House Reps have endless respect for the Chinese way of doing things. I think they need to go on a fact finding mission to make sure the US aid being sent is being used properly, and to witness the wonders of the system firsthand for themselves.

That being said ...

I still can't help but think there is an important piece of the puzzle we're not seeing that is why China is having this much trouble and the rest of the world is still primarily scared and dealing with mostly Chinese cases out of China. Japan is majorly spooked, but most of their cases are still in native Chinese aside from two workers who had close contact with infected Chinese AFAIK.

We have a short string of Germans who've been infected by this thing.

How many other cases are there in non-native Chinese so far? That doesn't mean we won't see them, but they've been in short supply and still relatively tame by comparison.

I can't help but wonder if there are other factors to China itself (health care system, environmental toxins, etc.) that are exacerbating the illness for that population.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
www.samaa.tv... ue
5 Pakistani students diagnosed with coronavirus

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pommer89
Is this really the place to post rubbish like this? Surely facebook would be a better place for this dribble

I can remove it if that is general consensus ? I never used facebook, and never will...

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pommer89

Pakistan is another place that is at high risk for an epidemic if CV lands its anchor there. I wonder if the Pakistani government told the Chinese to keep them in China.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:23 AM
link   
My daughter just texted me shes at The University Of Michigan's Flint campus. Only 3 people are in class and her teacher has Pneumonia! I told her leave right now leave. I might be over reacting I don't care...
Edit I have an autoimmune disease and am waiting on my pernicious anemia test so I'm not taking chances
edit on 5-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: Pommer89

Pakistan is another place that is at high risk for an epidemic if CV lands its anchor there. I wonder if the Pakistani government told the Chinese to keep them in China.

Cheers

It was in the video I posted. Pakistan is resuming flights to China. So I expect there to be problems in Pakistan soon enough.

posted on Feb, 5 2020 @ 08:25 AM
link   

As far as finding out what is going on there ... who knows how that might really work. A lot of pressure from other countries to "come clean" over a secure communications videoconference with other governments?

Guys like you and me will likely never hear the truth.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join