It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
I almost forgot. November 9th is the predicted appearance of this virus in human populations. That gave it some time in its initial spread to people not exposed to the market.

From www.statnews.com...

"estimates that the Adam (or Eve) virus from which all others are descended first appeared no earlier than Oct. 30, 2019, and no later than Nov. 29."

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay

Tenerife received a kit yesterday and they were able to make tests and provide results within 12 hours today.

As long as you have the kit it should be fairly fast, otherwise it is a couple of days from what we have seen in other cases so far.
edit on 4-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: Necrose

Err, no it isn’t. Even the skewed official figures show its going up. a reply to: Necrose

I don't know man, I feel stupid explaining elementary school maths, simply put : a daily increase in % is declining, hence it's slowing down.

You’re an idiot. Sorry to break it to you, as you’re clearly unaware. Enjoy.

Ok let's say hypothetically...
Today's increase is going to be 18% and the rate by which the number of confirmed cases increases is declining 1% per day.
Tomorrow 17%, then 16, 15, 14 and in 2 weeks it hits 0%, so 18 days from now the daily increase is going to be 0% = 0 new cases. What then? It has to top out at some point if it's not speeding up, but slowing down.

Instead of saying I'm an idiot, show me what's wrong with my calculations so both of us can be "aware".

EDIT: again, we're using China's officially reported numbers

Which pretty much everyone knows are wrong, so your argument is what exactly? If you want to construct a platform on the quicksand of the official figures go right ahead, it just proves what I said. It’s not about scoring points, downplaying or oneupmanship, it’s about something catastrophic happening in China right now to real people and the likelihood that it could impact us globally just as severely. It is inexplicable to me that anyone can see how China is reacting to this and clearly not understand its magnitude. If you really are a pharmacist then you should know better.

I understand your point, however, I like to look at the bigger picture. The markets today performed really well... NASDAQ is at the new all time high for instance.. that's all tech companies that manufacture the vast majority of their components or rely upon their services in China. What's that telling you? Could be an exit scam ofc, but in instances like this, panic would probably prevail. Tesla up 20% today striking a deal with China on batteries.

The number of cases OUTSIDE China is barely growing. We'll see about the ship in Japan, but so far very few cases..there are no "clusters" in major global cities so far. Heathrow, the busiest airport in Europe (by far), yet NOBODY infected in London and just 2 random cases in the UK. It really isn't that bad. The mortality rate is below 2%, that's about the rate of a seasonal flu. The ones that are dying are elderly and/or ill already.

edit on 4-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Unfortunately it looks like their giant petri dish is growing things. Not good for the people but, hopefully the scientist can get more data on this thing now.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I speculated a long time ago, back when this first started, that for things to have gotten as bad they did in China, it had to have started circulating sooner than the press picked up, possibly even as far back as October. That was the only way the 14-day quarantine period made any sense along with the numbers and the response.

Simple math really.
edit on 4-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Americans on coronavirus evacuation flight from Wuhan to arrive at Travis Air Force Base, report says

A plane carrying Americans evacuated from Wuhan, China, the center of the deadly coronavirus outbreak, is reportedly expected to land at Travis Air Force Base in Fairfield on Wednesday. 

Another flight is headed to Marine Corps Air Station Miramar in San Diego,
The news outlet said about 550 passengers will be on the two flights from Wuhan......

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Also we can look at the odd up-tic in commodities investments in the beginning of the year.

edit on 4-2-2020 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Good, I do like seeing some data start to come together out of this mess.

Based on our results, the star-like signal and topology of 2019-nCoV may be indicative of potentially large ‘first generation’ human-to-human virus transmission. We estimated that 2019-nCoV likely originated in Wuhan on 9 November 2019 (95% credible interval: 25 September 2019 and 19 December 2019), and that Wuhan is the major hub for the spread of the 2019-nCoV outbreak in China and elsewhere.

After a visit to Wuhan city on 20 January 2020, Professor Zhong confirmed that 2019-nCoV is spreading between people, and further confirmed that 14 medical workers had been infected by one person, raising concerns that certain people may be ‘super-spreaders’ of the virus.

Potential of large ‘first generation’ human‐to‐human transmission of 2019‐nCoV

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 24,550 confirmed cases worldwide, including 492 fatalities

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I am all for alternative therapies combined with western medicine, some of the best medical practitioners on the planet will used evidence based strategies to work out what is best for the patient and this helps immensely with patient outcomes. When they are well planned, you are only increasing your chances of a positive outcome and reducing the risk of complications.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 24,550 confirmed cases worldwide, including 492 fatalities

Did the entire country report yet or just hubei

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

www.scmp.com...

Almost a dozen people on a cruise liner at the Japanese port of Yokohama have tested positive for coronavirus, TV Asahi reported on Wednesday, citing the health ministry.
About 10 people tested positive in the screening, the network reported.

Combine that with the news that a lot of patients test negative until their 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th screening and this may be very bad. 3,700 in a sardine can with a contagious virus aboard...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Alright boys, 19% increase today with total numbers so the same as yesterday.

edit on 4-2-2020 by Necrose because: pic added

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Err, no it isn’t. Even the skewed official figures show its going up. a reply to: Necrose

I don't know man, I feel stupid explaining elementary school maths, simply put : a daily increase in % is declining, hence it's slowing down.

You’re an idiot. Sorry to break it to you, as you’re clearly unaware. Enjoy.

Ok let's say hypothetically...
Today's increase is going to be 18% and the rate by which the number of confirmed cases increases is declining 1% per day.
Tomorrow 17%, then 16, 15, 14 and in 2 weeks it hits 0%, so 18 days from now the daily increase is going to be 0% = 0 new cases. What then? It has to top out at some point if it's not speeding up, but slowing down.

Instead of saying I'm an idiot, show me what's wrong with my calculations so both of us can be "aware".

EDIT: again, we're using China's officially reported numbers

Which pretty much everyone knows are wrong, so your argument is what exactly? If you want to construct a platform on the quicksand of the official figures go right ahead, it just proves what I said. It’s not about scoring points, downplaying or oneupmanship, it’s about something catastrophic happening in China right now to real people and the likelihood that it could impact us globally just as severely. It is inexplicable to me that anyone can see how China is reacting to this and clearly not understand its magnitude. If you really are a pharmacist then you should know better.

I understand your point, however, I like to look at the bigger picture. The markets today performed really well... NASDAQ is at the new all time high for instance.. that's all tech companies that manufacture the vast majority of their components or rely upon their services in China. What's that telling you? Could be an exit scam ofc, but in instances like this, panic would probably prevail. Tesla up 20% today striking a deal with China on batteries.

The number of cases OUTSIDE China is barely growing. We'll see about the ship in Japan, but so far very few cases..there are no "clusters" in major global cities so far. Heathrow, the busiest airport in Europe (by far), yet NOBODY infected in London and just 2 random cases in the UK. It really isn't that bad. The mortality rate is below 2%, that's about the rate of a seasonal flu. The ones that are dying are elderly and/or ill already.

What the F*** does the NASDAQ have to do with how many people are dying in China right NOW?

You are a first class idiot, so do us all a favour and put a big sock in your big gob.

"The numbers outside China are hardly growing" just shows you have NO CLUE what you are talking about you utter fool.

Go look at the actual numbers per province on the 24th - the ones with hundreds now had "hardly any" and showed "hardly any increase" in the early days, then it exploded.

You are no more a pharmacist than I am Donald Trump, you don't even have a basic grasp of infant level maths, never mind the maths behind epidemiology.

Your inane and imbecelic ramblings would, should anyone be silly enough to listen to you, end up getting people killed.

Yes, it's THAT serious.

So instead of flapping your tongue and trying to fool people into thinking you're an expert, acknowledge you know nothing and just shut up.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Tuesday was a bad day for International numbers...

21:40: 1 new case in British Columbia, Canada. (Source)
16:49: 1 new case in Japan. (Source)
16:13: 1 new case in Taiwan. (Source)
14:01: 1 new case in Japan. (Source)
13:12: 1 new case in Japan. (Source)
11:17: 1 new case in Queensland, Australia. (Source)
10:25: 6 new cases in Singapore. (Source)
10:05: 6 new cases in Thailand. (Source)
09:43: 2 new cases in Hong Kong. (Source)
09:20: 1 new case in Vietnam. (Source)
08:58: First case in Belgium. (Source)
07:42: 2 new cases in Malaysia. (Source)
05:58: 1 new case in Macau. (Source)
02:55: 1 new case in South Korea. (Source)
02:50: 1 new case in Vietnam. (Source)
02:46: 1 new case in Macau. (Source)
02:45: 1 new death in Hong Kong. This is the first death in Hong Kong and the second outside mainland China. (Source)
02:22: 1 new case in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China. (Source)

edit on 4/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Alright boys, 19% increase today with total numbers so the same as yesterday.

You have absolutely NO IDEA what that graphic is even showing.

So stop commenting on them.

"In the beginning when there were 10 cases the growth was 100% becasue it went to 20.

Now that the number is 20 million, it only went up by 10% to 22 million - so it's slowing down. Before long it'll be at zero percent."

YOU.

BIG.

IDIOT.
edit on -06:0020202America/ChicagoTue, 04 Feb 2020 18:11:02 -0600_thAmerica/Chicago0211 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

I hate playing mod.. but we've kept this thread really on-point and 'old school' ATS like.

Keep criticisms to U2Us and updates only here..

we're all welcome to voice our opinions and thoughts no matter who disagree's -

China’s National Health Commission reports 675 additional cases across the mainland. Their locations have not yet been disclosed. (Source)

the overall China number just came out - still not slowing down it seems

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

You're hysterical

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

2 tenths of a percent increase, actually. Yesterday was 18.79% while today is 19.01%. Based on logic you've used to soothe your thoughts on the severity of this virus, that's an increase in cases, so it is not slowing down.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

I hate playing mod.. but we've kept this thread really on-point and 'old school' ATS like.

Keep criticisms to U2Us and updates only here..

we're all welcome to voice our opinions and thoughts no matter who disagree's -

China’s National Health Commission reports 675 additional cases across the mainland. Their locations have not yet been disclosed. (Source)

the overall China number just came out - still not slowing down it seems

You cannot keep criticisms to U2Us when the person posting blatantly misleading and frankly dangerous nonsense will simply ignore it and keep posting more dangerous and misleading nonsense.

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join