It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes sir. Believe an update at 7pm EST and possibly another at 9pm EST.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 1questioner

Thanks, great find and post!

link   

originally posted by: Necrose

originally posted by: Power_Semi
Just to say one more thing then I'm off to do some work.

muzzle flash seems to be acting like a totally normal human being, that is he's experiencing the world lineraly - since we everything change in a linear fashion.

The problem is that this is not linear it is exponential.

Therefore I recommend that everyone watch this video - it is not called "the most important video you will ever see" for nothing, with the sub name of "Mankinds greatest shortcoming is his inability to understand the exponential function".

It is particularly pertinent to the current situation. Of course muzzle flash will say he's a dumb ass who doesn't know what he's talking about, but hey ho.

Filmed at a lecture by the late, great Prof Albert Bartlett it explains everything you need to know.

And since it was filmed years ago you can check his predictions with reality today.

I once had the honour of having a conversation with Prof Bartlett before his passing, and the topic was population growth.

My question to him was "if human population carries on at the same rate then what do you see happening?"

His answer (in a nutshell) - "it won't - something will happen to stop it."

You can see what those things might be in his lecture.

This coronavirus might be it.

I love Prof Bartlett and his keynotes, but since we don't have any other data than the official data China reports, we have to work with those... the increase is NOT exponential as we would be well past 250K infected by now, it's not even linear, it's slowing down.

No it isn't.

The official figures might show that but they've already admitted they can only do c.2000 tests per day.

If you start by spending $200 per day and every day you spend $20 more, but you can't count higher than 5, then you reporting that you're spending $5 per day - that doesn't mean you've gone from growth to reduction, it just means you can't count high enough.

It obviously is not slowing down, otherwise they wouldn't now be converting gyms to hospitals or be increasing the places quarantined - it's getting worse.

link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: tennisdawg

thanks for the update and additional context TennisDawg!

I can't get into the details of the logistics and specifications (yet), but I can share that this endeavor would be somewhere in the $275-$300 million dollar range. This is not something that anyone would be exploring if this is all for a severe flu event. This is an insane amount of money, and is just for the temporary facilities/quarantine areas.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc
So would I be right in saying, broadly speaking, that something that could get to the bone marrow and stabilise blood production to fight the virus and something that would help to keep the lungs mucous free and something that would directly attack the protein 'covering' of the viral cell would give you a fighting chance of maybe preventing, or at least help the body fight off the infection at early onset or even during the illness?

Thank you

Rainbows
Jane

A virus has one job, and it's hella effective at what it does. To broadly answer your question, no, not in any significant way... at least not in 2020, maybe in the future, medicine is not advanced enough, yet.
edit on 4-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

WoW, you guys are difficult to keep up with. Not complaining though.

On the term of "Epidemic"...

A pandemic (from Greek πᾶν pan "all" and δῆμος demos "people") is an epidemic of disease that has spread across a large region; for instance multiple continents, or even worldwide. A widespread endemic disease that is stable in terms of how many people are getting sick from it is not a pandemic. Further, flu pandemics generally exclude recurrences of seasonal flu. Throughout history, there have been a number of pandemics, such as smallpox and tuberculosis. One of the most devastating pandemics was the Black Death, which killed an estimated 100 million people in the 14th century. Some recent pandemics include: HIV, Spanish flu, 2009 flu pandemic and H1N1.

en.wikipedia.org...

In more modern terms a Pandemic is an epidemic occurring on Two or more continents affecting a large number of people.

A disease or condition is not a pandemic merely because it is widespread or kills many people; it must also be infectious. For instance, cancer is responsible for many deaths but is not considered a pandemic because the disease is not infectious or contagious.

So, at least for the USA I would not consider Coronavirus as Pandemic; yet. If you disagree feel free to fire away.

Pandemic examples:
HIV/AIDS Pandemic (at its peak, 2005-2012) Death Toll: 36 million. ...
Flu Pandemic (1968) ...
Asian Flu (1956-1958) ...
Flu Pandemic (1918) ...
Sixth Cholera Pandemic (1910-1911) ...
Flu Pandemic (1889-1890) ...
Third Cholera Pandemic (1852–1860) ...
The Black Death (1346-1353)
www.mphonline.org...

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   
www.marketoracle.co.uk...

Coronavirus Targeting 1.14 million Infections, 24,000 Deaths by End February - Global Pandemic Day 57

Coronavirus Pandemic Trend Forecast My analysis of 28th Jan concluded forecast expectations for the virus to spread exponentially first across China and then across the world to target 1 million infections by the end of February resulting in 35,000 deaths.

Coronavirus Infection Spread Day 57 - 3rd Feb 2020 Update The forecast for the number of infections and deaths by 3rd of Feb 2020 vs actual:

Coronavirus Infection Spread Day 57 - 3rd Feb 2020 Update The forecast for the number of infections and deaths by 3rd of Feb 2020 vs actual: Infections Deaths Forecast for 1st Feb 17868 553 Actual - 1st Feb 20650 427 % Diff 115% 77% Were this trend to continue into the end of February 2020 then the number of infected would increase to 1.15 million, whilst the number of deaths would fall to 23,896. So the latest data implies a wider spread but a lower mortality rate. However, these are still the very early days of the spread of the Coronavirus, especially given that there are large susceptible populations groups with poor healthcare infrastructure such as India that announced it's first infection Friday where outbreaks could soon overwhelm heathcare systems. Also that a vaccine is still a good 4 months away so far too late to have any impact on this pandemic. Meanwhile this is what China and Asia's infections map currently looks like, which in my opinion grossly under estimates the number of infected, hence why the numbers are increasing exponentially. If I had to guess a number, I would say that MORE than 200,000 are infected as of today.

edit on 4-2-2020 by CrazeeWorld777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose
Thank you for your reply. Do you have a medical/scientific background if you don't mind me asking please?

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: angelchemuel
Thank you for your reply. Do you have a medical/scientific background if you don't mind me asking please?

Rainbows
Jane

I'm a pharmacist.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Not yet no, maybe in patients with a chronic or genetic disorder. As monoclonal antibodies and DNA based vaccines become more stable in the next few decades, yes you will see these treatments and the ability to cure and treat pretty much any disease. You could also create crap to do whatever you want and change DNA in the target organisms as well so, two sides to that coin.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Serious and critical cases are at about 13%. At this present time. Also most of the fatalities are in hubei 🤷‍♂️ 479 out of 492??

Source my math.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
Serious and critical cases are at about 13%. At this present time. Also most of the fatalities are in hubei 🤷‍♂️ 479 out of 492??

Source my math.

And 80% of deaths are people above 60.
2/3 are men

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Thank you. So you see the reason I asked my original question is that I am a Clinical Aromatherapist, and for each of those 3 categories there are several Essential Oils which will do exactly what I have asked
So, no not 'medicine', but interesting that so much pharmaceuticals, that have a proven benefit to humans, originate from plants...which they then 'copycat' in the lab or specific compounds are replicated.

Rainbows
Jane

link   

gbtimes.com...

China only has 240 Million people over age 60... after all.

link   
Err, no it isn’t. Even the skewed official figures show its going up. a reply to: Necrose

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Leighthall

When I worked for the Feds long long ago they had budget always set aside for emergency feasibility studies at least in DHS we did.

My state govt does the same.

Some local and fed agencies have that money built into their budget.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Yup and that is 617 million human beings on the planet.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Please people.

Stop listening to the idiots who are spouting the "official" figures as the gospel.

X% are over this age, Y% are this gender.

No one knows because the truth regarding the real numbers is obviously being hidden.

One esteemed expert has just said this is slowing down and "isn't even linear anymore".

Well take a look at these actual plots of the "official" data they love to spout and explain when this stopped being exponential and became "less than linear":

wuhanviruslive.com...

wuflu.live...

Use your own brains and gut feelings and watch what happens over the next 2 weeks in the West.

I've already planned and got my stuff sorted so it no longer matters to me, I'm not coming back here to argue the same glaringly obvious points over and over again.

Peace out I hope everyone gets through this okay.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968
Err, no it isn’t. Even the skewed official figures show its going up. a reply to: Necrose

I don't know man, I feel stupid explaining elementary school maths, simply put : a daily increase in % is declining, hence it's slowing down.

posted on Feb, 4 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Rumors coming from a Japanese tv news channel is saying 10 people from a cruise ship quarantined tested positive for the virus working on a definitive link, it’s in Japanese 🤷‍♂️ Port of Yokohama.

news.tv-asahi.co.jp...

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join