It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 229
<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Can you possibly not? The member is sharing information with us in good faith. So far I've seen nothing that's hyperbolic enough to warrant your nonsense. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

I'm guessing you'll see more signs if you live near larger Asian communities. They'll have more awareness of what's happening back home.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: weirdguy
“*source for that.” Lol.

Pay attention son, things move quick round here...

So there is no source? Is it just more misinformation?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ragiusnotiel

I'm guessing you'll see more signs if you live near larger Asian communities. They'll have more awareness of what's happening back home.

They also tend to wear masks quite often. I remember running into that a lot in Seattle. Middle aged and older Asians seem to constantly be wearing masks for allergies, smoke, colds, or just on breezy days when it was dustier than usual.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's alright, I was merely remarking upon multiple users using halturnerradioshow.com as a "source"

edit on 10-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Tom Cotton and Cui Tiankai in a war over this thing.

Cotton is openly and blatantly calling the Chinese liars, and Tiankai not at all happy about it. Tiankai even appeared on face the nation to try to counter Cotton.

Any idea why this Senator (Harvard law grad) is driving his issue so hard?

He's a big Pro-Trump supporter.
In August 2019, Cotton revealed he suggested to Trump and the Danish ambassador that the U.S. should buy Greenland. 🤣

In 2018, Cotton was a cosponsor of the Countering the Chinese Government and Communist Party's Political Influence Operations Act, a bill introduced by Marco Rubio and Catherine Cortez Masto that would grant the U.S. Secretary of State and the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) the authority to create an interagency task force with the purpose of examining attempts by China to influence the U.S. and key allies.

en.wikipedia.org...

He's also like Trump dead set against Huawei. So, perhaps the Coronavirus is just more heat to put on China to help drive his agendas through the Senate.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yes! Thank you. You put a finer point on my generalization of what my ruminations are alluding to.

Sadly we lack the East’s dignity and polite qualities.

Even in the heartbreaking videos from China, you can tell most people (civilians, public workers) are wracked by guilt and personal confliction as it spirals out of everyone’s control.

We won’t get that here in the states. We get buckshot and SWAT teams....

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

link   
In the US, from what's I've seen (or mostly not seen), this isn't getting very much MSM coverage.

It reminds me of the Japan Earthquake / Tsunami / Fukushima Melt-down thread = Japan declares nuclear emergency after quake, which when it hit 28,000+ posts ATS mod's closed and started a new thread.

Wondering:
* How quickly this thread will grow (about 4,600 posts so-far).
* If the MSM will start coming the ATS for information? (as they did with that whole Fukushima situation)?

edit on 2020-2-10 by EnhancedInterrogator because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

originally posted by: slatesteam
“*source for that.” Lol.

Pay attention son, things move quick round here...

So there is no source? Is it just more misinformation?

The member has already stated that some of the information they have shared came from personal sources they're not going to doxx. Disregard it quietly to yourself if you feel the need to do so, but don't be an ass about it. Is the idea of 45 cases in North Korea at all surprising to anyone who understands geography and China/NK relationships? I certainly wouldn't call it questionable. Is the idea that North Korea would simply kill anyone who showed symptoms (let alone tested positive) in an effort to keep the virus from infecting their entire population even remotely outside of the realm of beleivability? Considering the horror stories people out of NK have told of their government's atrocities, I'd say it's very much a believable scenario.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

The member he was questioning hasn't used HalTruner that I've seen.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:44 PM
link   

A body language analysis of Cui Tiankai on Face the Nation. I'm only a ways into it, but I'm going to go ahead and pop it up as it touches on this topic.

**EDIT**

Having seen it. It seems as though your citizen journalist is likely disappeared.
edit on 10-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

I’m still curious as to why Ashland was chosen vs. Offutt AFB. The other 3 locations that the citizens brought back from China were AFBs. Curious AF...

(post by weirdguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic
The medical professionals I encountered today at a local urgent care are nervous. Most people are just going on with their daily lives as if they are oblivious.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Clinicallyinsnae
a reply to: musicismagic
The medical professionals I encountered today at a local urgent care are nervous. Most people are just going on with their daily lives as if they are oblivious.

As a medical professional, you would be. You'd be the first point of contact for anyone with it, and the odds are they wouldn't know they'd have it increasing your chances of getting it.

Then there's the what if scenario ... if all hell breaks loose.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is crazy

Coronavirus Cases Double On Quarantined Cruise Ship. Is It Time To Evacuate Passengers?

Tests have shown that 130 of the 3,700 passengers and crew are now infected with coronavirus, with those affected being removed from the ship and taken to local hospitals for treatment. The number has sharply increased over the weekend with only 61 cases found as of Friday. Despite this, Japan’s Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga was reported as saying there were currently no plans to test all people on the ship for coronavirus.

This is the ship we’re it was confirmed just one person has infected all these people

First it was 20 then 60 then 80 now 130 next it will be 160 odd and rising IMO

This says a lot

Granted, it’s a tin can

But when you look at Wuhan and other cities China is welding the doors closed after just one or two confirmed cases, indicating these tower blocks are land based cruise ships standing upright

What’s the true scale in Wuhan? I can only imagine BIG it seems as though Wuhan is the place the world wants to Contain this virus to take the wind out of it, I’m not seeing any new information from Wuhan, it’s on lockdown, but this cruise ship is the new place to gauge numbers and potential for what maybe occurring in Wuhan currently and what maybe coming for the rest of the world

Can anybody find a similar occurrence of any other type of virus which shut a cruise ship down to this extent? I’d like to read it 😩

Link here
www.google.com... -to-evacuate-passengers/amp/

edit on 10-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

(post by weirdguy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Uh. tennisdawg clearly covered the “why” you keep beating like a dead horse (coronavirus) or the fictional wife (insubordination) that totally uncalled for comment by TrulyColorBlind

Give it a rest. Mate

Condolences btw. But seriously? His contact, that he mentions might be compromised as a result of his sharing. So there ya go

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

It hasn't been inside the initial 14 days yet, so yeah, these could be infections that were incubating and had not shown up since the first ones came down sick.

top topics

<< 226  227  228    230  231  232 >>

join