It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 228
<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: texasgirl

About North Korea:

www.thedailybeast.com...

The source is The Daily Beast, so who knows...

Says 5 people have died already and they were ordered to be secretly buried to keep the deaths from the public.

Just thought I'd post it. I'm interested to hear what Tennisdawg has to say about it. He may have better information.

North Korea has HAD 42 confirmed cases that the US knows about. All 42 were immediately neutralized, along with almost all of their family members. The family members were neutralized to contain the spread of information more than the spread of the virus. It may sound inhumane, but they probably have the best quarantine procedure in the world by eliminating all doubt.

They don't have the proper resources to deal with this. Every time someone gets infected will this be their solution? That's awful.

You pretty much answered your own question, but yes. Because they require A TON of products and resources from China, they are aware that the next few months will require drastic measures to maintain stability. Most of their aid is being cut off because of lockdowns, quarantine, and China not working.

Just how bad is it there? Sources from NK Daily are saying MFA is going around and screening foreign embassies and temporarily deporting diplomats if they have suspicious symptoms.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Tom Cotton and Cui Tiankai in a war over this thing.

Cotton is openly and blatantly calling the Chinese liars, and Tiankai not at all happy about it. Tiankai even appeared on face the nation to try to counter Cotton.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Death rate in Wuhan climbs to 4.9%

"Chinese official admits death rate is 4.9% but cannot reveal true number of deaths."

The Deputy Director-General of Medical Administration Bureau of National Health and Family Planning Commission of the PRC, Jiao Yahui, said on Wednesday that due to the lack of medical resources, the mortality rate in Wuhan has reached 4.9 percent. Meanwhile, the death rate for China as a whole is said to have remained at a steady 2.1 percent.

According to Jiao, the reason for the significantly higher mortality rate in Wuhan is that in the early stages, severe cases were usually admitted to three designated hospitals in Wuhan. However, there were only 110 beds for intensive care, and other patients with serious conditions had to be scattered among more than 20 other medical institutions.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

That makes sense. They're overwhelmed. People are dying who might have survived with better care.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:20 PM
link   

About North Korea:

www.thedailybeast.com...

Says 5 people have died already and they were ordered to be secretly buried to keep the deaths from the public.

Just thought I'd post it. I'm interested to hear what Tennisdawg has to say about it. He may have better information.

North Korea has HAD 42 confirmed cases that the US knows about. All 42 were immediately neutralized, along with almost all of their family members. The family members were neutralized to contain the spread of information more than the spread of the virus. It may sound inhumane, but they probably have the best quarantine procedure in the world by eliminating all doubt.

Edited to clarify: Some of the 42 were probably suspected cases, but North Korea did not wait around to find out.
Have you got a source for that info? Thanks in advance.
edit on 10-2-2020 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: Thoughtful1

went out and picked up a new PC build and TV this weekend, grabbed everything, monitor, RAM, 55 inch

Just woke up. What if any panic is going on? Are Americans taking this serious or just brushing if off as if it is just the flu?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AngelsDecay
See my problem with these localized situations is they’re easily adapted to format a narrative for public consumption to make us feel better. Basically a collected focus point that MSM can hit with a spotlight and report on.

While not acknowledging the viral brushfire exploding across the world as we speak. Nifty trick...Innnit?

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

went out and picked up a new PC build and TV this weekend, grabbed everything, monitor, RAM, 55 inch

Just woke up. What if any panic is going on? Are Americans taking this serious or just brushing if off as if it is just the flu?

Go to a local pub and ask guys what they think about it, the common folk doesn't care unless it affects them directly. The absolute vast majority of working-class people will straight-up dismiss any possible threat atm.
(at least that's what I'm seeing)
My friends barely knew a thing or two about the outbreak, when I brought up this subject, the conversation fell back into work-related stuff within 2 minutes.
edit on 10-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy
“*source for that.” Lol.

Pay attention son, things move quick round here...

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: Ha

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Yeah.... But did you have a graph for that convo?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Where I am at, it's not a hot topic yet. Or at least it doesn't seem to be.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

About North Korea:

www.thedailybeast.com...

Edited to clarify: Some of the 42 were probably suspected cases, but North Korea did not wait around to find out.
Have you got a source for that info? Thanks in advance.

Hoax tweets or some far-right American conspiracy website with zero credibility.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

4.9%.

Interestingly when I posted about the study of the 138 people I thought the death rate was going to be higher than published as 6 people died during this time.

4.3%.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Yep. That’s us all right!

I would’ve entertained it longer and still bought ya beer for your insight.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Agreed. Same here where I live. It’s a nothing burger to most here.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Some people are taking it seriously others are not. My cupboards are stocked, my freezers are full. Ive spoken with most of my family and a majority of them arent worried others are as well prepared as I am. BUT NOBODY is panicking yet. We are just being prepared.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Panic is not here yet. Let a few dozen more cases spring up and the US will start to panic. (American "Panic" largely consists of complaints of personal lugubriousness via social media followed by glad handing and ass kissing from people on your friend list) we are a childish culture. In all seriousness, when/if panic reaches the US, we're all hosed. Americans don't handle crisis situations with grace and dignity, we arm up, lash out, and lock down. Cities will be concrete hells and the countryside will isolate and withdraw. That's how it is here for the most part.

link   
We're near Daytona.

Last week (non event week) my fiancee saw someone walking the bridge with a mask on.

This week (event week) I saw an asian woman who didn't speak english with a mask on under a scarf at an event.

Today I saw an american shopping the grocery produce section with one on.

Most don't look like they care, but almost everyone I've talked to already knows about it.

link   

a reply to: BowBells

is it just me or is this thing contagious as all hell

Here, this should answer your question. Will have an update soon also.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostsock

Some people are taking it seriously others are not. My cupboards are stocked, my freezers are full. Ive spoken with most of my family and a majority of them arent worried others are as well prepared as I am. BUT NOBODY is panicking yet. We are just being prepared.

It is always a good thing to be prepared. Are you counting the calories you have stocked so you get a good number on how many days/weeks/months you and your family can hold out? It is a good idea, and I can share tips if you would like. It is something everyone should know.

top topics

<< 225  226  227    229  230  231 >>

join