It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 230
<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

A body language analysis of Cui Tiankai on Face the Nation. I'm only a ways into it, but I'm going to go ahead and pop it up as it touches on this topic.

Sorry but I found her analysis to be at the very least, biased.

When you get to the 5min mark and his body language and mannerisms are clearly open and displaying what I describe as open honesty, she claims the exact opposite.

Yeahnah.

edit on 10 2 2020 by myselfaswell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: TritonTaranis

It hasn't been inside the initial 14 days yet, so yeah, these could be infections that were incubating and had not shown up since the first ones came down sick.

Not like we didn’t say this over a week ago

It is taking the doubling trend we see out of Wuhan

All the above it likely much higher

Time for the flu brigade to come to their senses me thinks

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: slatesteam
a reply to: weirdguy

Uh. tennisdawg clearly covered the “why” you keep beating like a dead horse (coronavirus) or the fictional wife (insubordination) that totally uncalled for comment by TrulyColorBlind

Give it a rest. Mate

Condolences btw. But seriously? His contact, that he mentions might be compromised as a result of his sharing. So there ya go

He has the right not to trust any random commentator on a random forum that provides no sources, mate.

People like Colorblind are the problem here, you gotta keep a level head, not trust blindly what you are told. And that goes not only for official sources, but also randoms on the internet.

It feels like sometimes you guys sure WANT this to be the thing that ends society, so let's not go there, shall we? Some people here are downplaying this, yes, but a slightly bigger amount of people seem to be getting their lube and tissues ready at the thought of this being the end of humanity, so much so that they get angry when somebody doesn't trust the worst case scenario comments with no sources, and that is #ing horrible. Let's just discuss things as they develop.
edit on 10-2-2020 by Mateo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thoughtful1
a reply to: Thoughtful1
Tech companies closing operations due to corona virus in China:
Apple
Samsung
Microsoft
TESLA... postponing model 3 deliveries
Google
With no specific reopening date.

We can expect shortages in VR headsets, smart phones, iPhones, Airpods and other tech accessories.
Facebook has stopped taking orders for oculus quest vr headsets.
Asus niche gaming ROG phone 11 is unavailable until further notice.
Week 2 of League of Legends tournaments indefinitely delayed.
Nintendo Switch console, games and accessories are also impacted.

These items are not essentials but...societal impact!
With people not working,new tech gadgets delayed, maybe some important tech delayed, entertainment such as tournaments cancelled, conferences cancelled, impact to travel industry, hotel industry etc. this whole issue will bring the corona virus issue too the forefront of the young. The users of the newest tech and games who have this technology as part of the fabric of their social groups.
This will become an issue. They are asleep and at this time are just waving it off with "oh just another disease". Maybe wolf was cried once too many times.

This information is posted in numerous media outlets. CNBC, GOOGLE
www.business insider.com
www.scmn.com
www.meercurynews.com
www.theverge.com

Some thoughts about this?

Is this the start of a recession for the world economy ?

Does anyone work in the food industry or know anyone in the food industry ?
I’m curious if food production for products with a long shelf life has been ramped up .

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: myselfaswell

A body language analysis of Cui Tiankai on Face the Nation. I'm only a ways into it, but I'm going to go ahead and pop it up as it touches on this topic.

Sorry but I found her analysis to be at the very least, biased.

When you get to the 5min mark and his body language and mannerisms are clearly open and displaying what I describe as open honesty, she claims the exact opposite.

Yeahnah.

That channel can be incredibly biased, specially when it comes to political stuff. Take it all with a grain of salt, most of the time it is best to rely on body readers for when your brain doesn't know what to think of a particular moment in an interview, but let your subconscious ape brain guide you on the gestures and movements you are already familiar with because you have seen them in real life countless times.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mateo96

Uh. tennisdawg clearly covered the “why” you keep beating like a dead horse (coronavirus) or the fictional wife (insubordination) that totally uncalled for comment by TrulyColorBlind

Give it a rest. Mate

Condolences btw. But seriously? His contact, that he mentions might be compromised as a result of his sharing. So there ya go

He has the right not to trust any random commentator on a random forum that provides no sources, mate.

People like Colorblindaare the problem here, you gotta keep a level head, not trust blindly what you are told. And that does not only go for official sources, but also randoms on the internet.

It feels like sometimes you guys sure Want this to be the thing that ends society, so let's not go there, shall we? Let's just discuss things as they develop.

2nd this.
AMEN TO THAT!

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Spotted this on the USPS "Informed Delivery" site (big banner across the top):

ALERT: USPS WILL BE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDING THE GUARANTEE ON PRIORITY MAIL EXPRESS INTERNATIONAL DESTINED FOR CHINA AND HONG KONG, EFFECTIVE MONDAY, FEB. 10, 2020, DUE TO WIDESPREAD AIRLINE CANCELLATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS INTO THIS AREA.

Nothing earth-shattering or really unexpected, but interesting/related.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Not really. Again, a cruise ship is not the regular world. It's an artificial, packed in environment. How many of the world's places are that closely packed?

Most US cities are far more sprawled except for the urban cores.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Has this been posted yet? Report from Imperial College London

www.imperial.ac.uk...

edit on 10-2-2020 by cirrus12 because: can't copy pdf

link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Yeah, masks have limited effect. N95 masks filter particles of 0.3 microns or larger. Coronavirus is closer to 0.1 microns.

I'm wondering if these smaller coronavirus particles might find it easier to find pathways directly through the skin to cause an infection? Yeah, I understand that cuts and abrasions are pathways, but this little bugger seems to be pretty versatile.

link   
a reply to: Mateo96

Because, you know, I'm sure this one dude from China is telling us the truth because this one lady has opinions about other politics I don't like.

You can take or leave what she says and still listen to his answers ... or lack of them.

edit on 10-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

Verily true, agreed. However. There are certain members I’d take with more salt grains than others (myself included)

td isn’t one of those. He could be pulling my leg. BUT, he seems to be more “in the know” than most here (myself included) and without pimping fear, he seems to be relaying info that no one else is privy to. So there’s that.

He’s not alone in being able to disseminate info that others find intriguing. And most here are able to whip a link into shape like that dead coronavirus horse.

Completely agree verification is needed and needs to be applicable to the conversation. But the CT in me can’t help myself, and apparently Uncle Sam’s about to put on his big-boy GI pants and get to work as things could get ugly here in the coming weeks. So says td.

And NO, I don’t want to see society end. I like being a lazy American tyvm...

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: weirdguy

“*source for that.” Lol.

Pay attention son, things move quick round here...

So there is no source? Is it just more misinformation?

The member has already stated that some of the information they have shared came from personal sources they're not going to doxx. Disregard it quietly to yourself if you feel the need to do so, but don't be an ass about it. Is the idea of 45 cases in North Korea at all surprising to anyone who understands geography and China/NK relationships? I certainly wouldn't call it questionable. Is the idea that North Korea would simply kill anyone who showed symptoms (let alone tested positive) in an effort to keep the virus from infecting their entire population even remotely outside of the realm of beleivability? Considering the horror stories people out of NK have told of their government's atrocities, I'd say it's very much a believable scenario.

So asking for a source is being an ass? You don't have to be an idiot mate.

I wasn't replying to the question about the source, I was replying to the additional commentary posted by a third individual regarding the request for a source. The request for a source is always welcome... jumping in to flex before the member who was initially asked for their source even replies and posting "Hoax tweets or some far-right American conspiracy website with zero credibility." is being an ass. Jesus Christ, and you think I'm the idiot?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rich Z

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Yeah, masks have limited effect. N95 masks filter particles of 0.3 microns or larger. Coronavirus is closer to 0.1 microns.

I'm wondering if these smaller coronavirus particles might find it easier to find pathways directly through the skin to cause an infection? Yeah, I understand that cuts and abrasions are pathways, but this little bugger seems to be pretty versatile.

It's roughly the same size as Influenza A virus (flu), if not a tad bigger. Nothing particularly interesting regarding its size.
edit on 10-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   
UPDATE: China's National Health Commission reports 370 new cases and 5 new deaths, adding to the 2,097 cases and 103 deaths reported 2 hours ago

SUPER LOW
Tomorrow sub 350 from China outside Hubei.
edit on 10-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Because, you know, I'm sure this one dude from China is telling us the truth because this one lady has opinions about other politics I don't like.

You can take or leave what she says and still listen to his answers ... or lack of them.

Just don't fall into "she is right because she is saying what I want to hear." the unconscious mind always needs some short of reassurance, and if it comes from somebody that acts as if she was able to determine Everything from a quick look at somebody's gestures, it will latch on to the professional's words.

Even though that same mind is also ignoring the words stated by other professionals on the other side of the fence.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying Counting calories no not really. Im just planning meals as usual but in place of fresh vegetables I'd be using canned until summer when we can start harvesting and canning fresh from the garden. Living in a rural area will have a lot of advantages that city dwellers do not. Gardens, chickens and cows. Not to mention hunting, fishing and gathering. At this point we can go comfortably for 3 months without having to go to a market or store. Im crossing my fingers that the situation does not get worse than it is at this moment but Im prepared if it does.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

Nothing at all. Except that it’s smaller than the masks people are wearing are to prevent it. Just that...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: cirrus12
Has this been posted yet? Report from Imperial College London

www.imperial.ac.uk...

Thank you
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Like many others have posted previously I also am someone who had an account during the Bush administration and left because of the partisan politics. I would just like to thank every single one of you who have contributed to both parts of this thread. This is the best collection of information related to this topic around. These two parts is how I remember "old school" ATS. I look forward to being back.

Thanks again and stay safe everyone

new topics

top topics

<< 227  228  229    231  232  233 >>

join