It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 227
<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Power_Semi

Maybe it's another instance of what we're seeing in the rest of world not matching what we're seeing China.

That's my worry - if that is the real norm, or even if one out of every 3 spreads it at that rate - maybe it explains a bit more clearly why China went into overdrive and lockdown while only reporting c400 confirmed cases.

If that is the norm then we're in big trouble.

The R naught is scary combine with the incubation period

It's spelt "nought" you naughty boy

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Thank you SS, safe travels and Godspeed

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: texasgirl
About North Korea:

www.thedailybeast.com...

The source is The Daily Beast, so who knows...

Says 5 people have died already and they were ordered to be secretly buried to keep the deaths from the public.

Just thought I'd post it. I'm interested to hear what Tennisdawg has to say about it. He may have better information.

North Korea has HAD 42 confirmed cases that the US knows about. All 42 were immediately neutralized, along with almost all of their family members. The family members were neutralized to contain the spread of information more than the spread of the virus. It may sound inhumane, but they probably have the best quarantine procedure in the world by eliminating all doubt.

They don't have the proper resources to deal with this. Every time someone gets infected will this be their solution? That's awful.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

It's medieval, but that's how some places survived the Black Death relatively unscathed.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

P.s can still see a post from you on page 223.. not sure if you mean you deleted that one, as it's still there.

link   

a reply to: drussell41

It's North Korea. That should not surprise you.

Maybe it shouldn't, but it does.

link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

originally posted by: Adphil28
a reply to: Power_Semi

Wouldn’t you only need one like that to go out shopping and cough and touch things and the repercussions of that would be 100-1000s indirectly infected? ( if it survives on surfaces for up to 9 days)

Just to add onto my previous answer - the GP surgery in Uk where they are "deep cleaning" it.

There are photos of guys in hazmat suits just mopping the floors, and behind them all of the products on all of the shelves haven't even been touched. All still lined up for sale.

What use is that?

EDIT - they're not even in hazmat suits, just white overalls, socks showing, no eye guards - they look like cleaners in smocks - I bet that's all they are.

You are 100% correct.

I asked my pharmacist wife what would happen if this were her pharmacy. She stated all products would be bagged tagged and disposed of as hazardous waste.

edit on 10 2 20 by solarone because: Opps

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Neutralizing is a typical procedure in NK all the way to the top family.

What really bugs me is India, we have seen since first days that there are 16 suspected cases in Punjab and other regions have suspected cases too, but those seem to hang there without clearing.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

a reply to: texasgirl

It's medieval, but that's how some places survived the Black Death relatively unscathed.

Have you researched herd immunity

I’m going down this road currently

It’s thought some villages completely escaped any deaths and only has mild symptoms due to some sort of immunity from previous outbreaks similar to the Spanish flu

It’s VERY interesting

Why couldn’t governments start spraying less deadly coronavirus on populations where outbreaks might be imminent? To create some type of buffer for the body to creat antigens

Food for thought, tin foil hat off

edit on 10-2-2020 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

About North Korea:

www.thedailybeast.com...

The source is The Daily Beast, so who knows...

Says 5 people have died already and they were ordered to be secretly buried to keep the deaths from the public.

Just thought I'd post it. I'm interested to hear what Tennisdawg has to say about it. He may have better information.

North Korea has HAD 42 confirmed cases that the US knows about. All 42 were immediately neutralized, along with almost all of their family members. The family members were neutralized to contain the spread of information more than the spread of the virus. It may sound inhumane, but they probably have the best quarantine procedure in the world by eliminating all doubt.

They don't have the proper resources to deal with this. Every time someone gets infected will this be their solution? That's awful.

You pretty much answered your own question, but yes. Because they require A TON of products and resources from China, they are aware that the next few months will require drastic measures to maintain stability. Most of their aid is being cut off because of lockdowns, quarantine, and China not working.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Little reminder:

Chinese National Health Commission has changed their definition of #WuhanCoronavirus "confirmed case" in their latest guidelines dated 7/2. Patients tested positive for the virus but have no symptoms will no longer be regarded as confirmed. This inevitably will lower the numbers.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Should we be concerned about the Super spreader or was it just a bunch of over friendly body fluid exchanges?

Would total depend on the method of passing among them - European cheek kissing, vomiting and everyone helping clean up from the over drinking, or just bad sneeze protocol.

Many different scenario's of how some exchanged the tiny amount of material that ended up inside some one else.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks Everyone.

Off to watch and read.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: BowBells

P.s can still see a post from you on page 223.. not sure if you mean you deleted that one, as it's still there.

Thanks for your help, but the one I was referring to was on page 224. I appreciate your post a lot though. I have to be very careful with any info that could doxx my sources.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

In order for that to work, you would need a strain close enough to the one in question to provide at least partial immunity. And strains close enough would also be novel strains as they are all animal strains, not human infectious.

The human infectious strains this is more closely related to are things like SARS and MERS. I'm pretty sure that cure might very well be worse than the disease.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Thanks, very informative

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Sorry if old news but this Doctor just posted...
Coronavirus can now be spread by aerosolization.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Don't worry not going to keep re-posting updates to this.
Just wanted to get it:

• Numbers from WuFlu.Live
  • Tabular form.
  • Summarize all China-related numbers
  • Contrast China-related numbers to the rest of the world.
  • Once.

PS: If ATS would fix their handling of fixed-pitch data in the CODE tag and/or suppression of multiple-spaces while pasting), this would be a ton easier - and not require using any form of "upload".

edit on 2020-2-10 by EnhancedInterrogator because: gammer,spling,4matten.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: solarone

Whew. Reread just to make sure you said products and not people.

Again “catch it, bin it, kill it” is a nice platitude from U.K.

Not nice if you live in China or NK....

Ruh-ro.... speaking of which, USA Today just has an article up about China launching an app that can detect if you’ve been exposed due to proximity (no idea how).

Unrelated lol, I’d like to know if anyone using the app can confirm these things don’t pick you up for a trip to the incinerators..... turning off my “share my location” now...

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-2-2020 by slatesteam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

Again. We don’t know much at all is why I might’ve been a bit extreme to some in my relating this could be an ELE

But we keep comparing this to the Spanish Flu. Now we have air travel at speed, open borders, globalization, people not showing symptoms and being somehow more likely to possibly affect the spread, aerosolization (which isn’t the same airborne apparently) tight grip on info, and we still don’t know if this was a manufactured bioweapon for war that escaped or intentionally dispersed.

That’s what gets me disturbed and concerned. Again I was referring to the breakdown of society. It’s not so much the disease that has me concerned as what happens when civilization doesn’t have the procedural and agreed upon agreement that we are working from presently. I e people and what we could do to one another is way more frightening....

new topics

top topics

<< 224  225  226    228  229  230 >>

join