It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 203
<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Agreed..I'm in the UK and because of that report, today is the day that I'm going to go stock up..I've slowly been adding a few tins/bags of pasta etc here and there, but going to work it out a little more seriously now.. I guess ive been on the fence.. ocassionaly slipping off in to a small panic, but now I don't feel panic just a sense of needing to be more prepared. No one I speak to knows any of the stuff we are discussing on here and they laugh when I tell them as they say you cant believe what you see on the internet.. well the same goes for them and the MSM.. if much rather be over prepared and for them to be able to laugh at me 2 months down the line at how silly and overactive I was compared to the opposite scenario.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Saw some people reccomending ear plugs or cotton wool buds with two drops of tea tree oil to stop virus entering body through the ears.

Decided to do some more digging.

There are many ways that bacteria can enter your body. All they need is an opening! For example, they can come into your body through your mouth, or your nose, or your ears.

Viruses may also enter in the same ways as bacteria.

scienceline.ucsb.edu...

Another source mentioned it was uncommon, entry through mucosal membrane more likeley, but still didnt say impossible.
link

Then I found another rabbit hole, as I often do haha

Gargle and clean your ears with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution--True
This is a weird one. But many people swear by it. Back in 1928, Dr. Richard Simmons proposed that cold and flu viruses enter the body through the ear canal. And 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (found at any drug store and sells for less than two dollars) is incredibly effective at killing bacteria and viruses. By gargling with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and putting a few drops in your ears at the first signs of a cold or flu, you might be able to decrease your odds of catching the flu.

abc7chicago.com...

I don't advise over-the-counter medications, but one simple treatment you can try that is surprisingly effective against upper respiratory infections is hydrogen peroxide. Many patients at my Natural Health Center have had remarkable results in curing colds and flu within 12 to 14 hours when administering a few drops of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) into each ear. You will hear some bubbling, which is completely normal, and possibly feel a slight stinging sensation. Wait until the bubbling and stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 minutes), then drain onto a tissue and repeat with the other ear. A bottle of hydrogen peroxide in 3 percent solution is available at any drug store for a couple of dollars or less. It is simply amazing how many people respond to this simple, inexpensive treatment.

articles.mercola.com...

The peroxide treatment is interesting.

I'd say it's worth wearing earplugs, mask and goggles.

For a mask n100 is best, then n99, then n95. Better is a full face respirator with n100 filters. Better again is a gas mask with a nato 40mm CBRN filter.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Assuming there is truth to this and they can't dispose of the bodies fast enough, can you help me understand why this is not happening outside of China ? Is this kung flu targeting Asian people specifically in your opinion?

It does look like they are having problems processing the dead. Being China I am sure they are quickly working on it.

Overloaded #crematorium staff explodes and collapses. #Wuhan #coronavirus

If this virus is not contained then it will be happening outside of China. Many countries around the world are already reporting case. The lessons of Wuhan is a sober reminder of what is at stake if a nation does not get on top of these issues quickly. It took about 2 months from the start at patient 0 until the city came under lock down. If a nation does little to nothing in containing this virus then will be looking at another month or two for it to spread and start to see the bodies pilling up.

If a nation can be proactive and quickly contain any exposures it will greatly limit the rate at which the virus spreads. At this time Shenzhen still has a lot of its infrastructure in place and is seeing a reduction in new cases as the lock down takes affect.

Feb 10 - Live from China - Coronavirus Updates From Shenzhen & a Warning About Fear Mongerers

Transmission of the Wuflu is not limited to the Asian population. Current indications with the ACE2 receptor indicate that Asians are more suspecting and impacted by this disease due to a higher ACE2 receptor count in there make up. Men are also more at risk than women due to the same reasons. I am expecting all nations to be impacted by this virus as ACE2 is present in all populations. It is likely that Asian populations will be impacted more than other nationalities.
edit on 10-2-2020 by kwakakev because: fix video link

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Interesting, thx.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

When talking asian countries is that extending all the way to the middle east or are we just talking far east Asia?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Foxtree

World wide. The Asian culture do have a strong and industrious influence around the globe. With global trade routes the way there are no where is really safe. Pretty much every race is going to affected in some way. There maybe some rare exceptions.
edit on 10-2-2020 by kwakakev because: explained situation better

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: DAZ21
UK just declared Corona virus a serious and imminent threat to public health. BBC

Look at the unprecedented actions taking place around the world.

China quarantining 100 million + people
China building emergency hospitals
Countries all over the world closing their border with China
Countries sending in planes to evacuate their citizens
Airlines refusing to fly in/out

I have a lot of faith in the British system, theyve weathered significant storms in their history. When they say its a serious and imminent threat.. people need to wake up.

I'm sick of people laughing at me saying '' its all media hype its just the flu''

Why are you so worried, 2 deaths outside of China, only Chinese people seem to be dying from it ...are you Chinese?

Are you an ostrich? Currently countries outside of China can cope with the infected, because there are few. This means that ALL of those outside China are receiving the best care available. A week ago some were saying ONLY Chinese were getting the virus. Now we know that is rubbish. So far mainly Chinese have died. That will change. To try and brush this off is singularly stupid. The US, UK and many other countries are now classifying this as a serious risk to public health. There is a reason for that and it isn’t because it only impacts Chinese. Think about it.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Technical analysis of 138 Wuhan cases that became "pneumonia:"

98.6% of pneumonia had a fever among original symptoms.
17% of confirmed cases infected became pneumonia.
26.1% (4.4% of confirmed) required ICU.
4.3% (0.7% of confirmed) did not make it.

7 days from first symptoms to "severe."
7-14 days from severe to recovered.

Sample set numbers sound suspiciously like the hospital that 41 of 138 patients were medical staff infected by a patient with diarrhea.

Source paper: jamanetwork.com...

Analysis video: youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Feel free to panic all you like, I will sit up and get concerned if and when this virus starts killing outside of China.

I'm already half prepared f o r such an event, comes With being a conspiracy buff.

At this point the only people I see p panicking are the same people that think the left is conspiring against the world. So many paranoid delusional people I have no interest in worrying about.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Currently countries outside of China can cope with the infected, because there are few.

Bingo. Someone said under normal conditions, hospital bed occupancy rates in the USA were 60 to 70%. That isn't a lot of slack.

I hope the person who is with the Medical Corps is still posting, he had some good insights.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: primalfractal

Please DO NOT try the Tea Tree oil in the ear.....I'm a Clinical Aromatherapist

Think logically, when a virus is airborne as we have now been told about this virus, then nothing short of a hazmat suit is going to protect you as a virus can get you through your skin (hand washing) let alone through your respiratory system.

There are far better Essential Oils that will blast the protein covering of a virus. At this point vapourising particular EO's will kill them airborne in your home, using a sniffy stick (nasal inhaler) when you are out and about....etc.....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:11 AM
link   
ive a question and i dont know the answer, pneumonia comes in both viral and bacterial, if youve been vaccinated against the pnumococcal baterial pnumonia would getting wuhan 2019-ncov give you viral or bacterial pnumonia in end stage ( which most die of)?

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Feel free to panic all you like, I will sit up and get concerned if and when this virus starts killing outside of China.

I'm already half prepared f o r such an event, comes With being a conspiracy buff.

edit on 10-2-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

Who said anything about panic? Denial is something else. Even if it were on your doorstep panic would do you no good at all. It is time to be calm and Rational. This might come to nothing, it might sweep the world, but it’s certainly true that those with greater influence and power than both of us are preparing for the worst. As I said, think about that. No need for panic though

edit on 10-2-2020 by ARM1968 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:17 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

This is why I have said on other threads, and continue to say here, I just cannot comprehend the logic of using a ship as a quarantine. Ships are a floating incubator for the transmission of viruses and disease! They always have been. This isn't a secret, how many times have we all seen MSM news stories about large segments of a cruise ship coming down with some ailment aboard a ship? All of the mechanical (HVAC) systems are connected, all of the water systems are connected and all of the sanitary systems are connected.

It's only a matter of time before every single person aboard that floating death trap becomes infected with this virus. They quarantined the ship based on a single handful of possible cases, and in the process they've sentenced 3,700 other people to their fate.

And, while this situation may be 'interesting' in some twisted clinical sort of way (i.e. calculating actual survival rates in a closed environment), at the same time it is disturbing beyond description! I understand the need to perhaps quarantine persons (in general), but I absolutely do NOT understand, nor do I accept, quarantining individuals in an environment where they will almost certainly contract the virus! Again, a ship is a floating incubator for the spread of viruses like this. If you need to quarantine someone, do it in an environment which is suitable for preventing the further spread of the virus...NOT onboard a ship where you have limited trained staff, limited medical facilities and an environment just ripe to spread disease!

A "Quarantine" must also meet stringent legal and ethical criteria. Based on the limited news reports we are receiving, I do not believe these criteria are being met. Specifically:

(note: underlines by me)

Guidance on when and how human rights can be restricted to prevent the spread of infectious disease is found in The Siracusa Principles, a non-binding document developed by the Siracusa International Institute for Criminal Justice and Human Rights and adopted by the United Nations Economic and Social Council in 1984.[32] The Siracusa Principles state that restrictions on human rights under the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights must meet standards of legality, evidence-based necessity, proportionality, and gradualism, noting that public health can be used as grounds for limiting certain rights if the state needs to take measures ‘aimed at preventing disease or injury or providing care for the sick and injured.’ Limitations on rights (such as quarantine) must be ‘strictly necessary,’ meaning that they must:

- respond to a pressing public or social need (health)
- proportionately pursue a legitimate aim (prevent the spread of infectious disease)
- be the least restrictive means required for achieving the purpose of the limitation
- be provided for and carried out in accordance with the law
- be neither arbitrary nor discriminatory
- only limit rights that are within the jurisdiction of the state seeking to impose the limitation.[33]

In addition, when quarantine is imposed, public health ethics specify that:

- all restrictive actions must be well-supported by data and scientific evidence
- all information must be made available to the public
- all actions must be explained clearly to those whose rights are restricted and to the public
- all actions must be subject to regular review and reconsideration.

Finally, the state is ethically obligated to offer certain guarantees:

- Infected people will not be threatened or abused.
- Basic needs such as food, water, medical care, and preventive care will be provided.
- Communication with loved ones and with caretakers will be permitted.
- Constraints on freedom will be applied equally, regardless of social considerations.
- Patients will be compensated fairly for economic and material losses, including salary.[34]

Wiki Source

Bottom line...I have a major problem with these forced quarantines (in general), and a super major issue with the shipboard quarantines!! For some, they are a death sentence whereas treated differently they may not be.

edit on 2/10/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The early years of the AIDS epidemic and many, many around the globe saying "what's the big deal? It only infects the gays and junkies, are you a gay or a junkie?" Come to mind... once children getting it from blood transfusions and midwestern housewives getting it from unfaithful husbands who laid with whores started dying it got quite real, quite fast...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:22 AM
link   
100% agree with this. To me this is a prime example of the cold and clinical thinking of those supposedly running the show. They wanted a Petri dish, the cruise liner is one. They are quite willing to let things run their course in the ship so they can gather data.

Seriously, we’re not much better than the CCP, and if this goes full pandemic I think we may all find out just how similar things are. Still, still time to stop this thing. It’s a threat to the older elite, so expect super fast breakthroughs and treatment. They don’t want to die, bless em. a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Yeah, but where were the quarantines with HIV??

Even now??

Where were the quarantines of 100+ million people with Ebola???

The floating death ships with the Black Death???

link   
a reply to: BowBells

I gather the shift to severe is because someone was threatening to leave Arrowe Park quarantine.

link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

I'll take your word about the tea tree, I'm guessing it might burn?

Virus can not normally get through the skin though, the hand washing is to stop it being transferred to the eyes or mouth.

The skin of most animals is an effective barrier against viral infections. The outer layer of human skin, called the stratum corneum, consists of a layer of dead, keratinized cells (illustrated). Viruses cannot replicate in, or be transported across, dead cells. Therefore any virus that lands on the skin cannot simply replicate in the outer layer or be transported to the underlying living cells.

link

My main point was about blocking the ears, eyes and mouth. While it may not be 100% effective it will certainly reduce the risk of infection.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Not saying you should be panicking because that does no good in any case, but please remember there's plenty to be concerned about even if the virus doesn't spread out-of-control here in Australia and kill lot's of people. I think people forget just how massive a role China plays in the World's economy/society, as well as day to day operation of businesses in every first world nation. Just think how rare it is to find something that's NOT made in China... If China doesn't get back on it's feet soon and resume manufacturing 90% of the World's "stuff" -- we may well have reason to start panicking, as the ripple effect on our society will be hard to even imagine.

top topics

<< 200  201  202    204  205  206 >>

join