It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 201
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

That isn't what I'm arguing, but even if it did come from a lab, it is still a virus and there is only so much you can do with it without changing its essential nature or making it inefficient at what it does.

Viruses have certain basic rules they all have to kind of obey. The more you pack into it in terms of abilities, the more genetics it takes. The more genetics the virus has, the larger it is. The larger your virus is, the less airborne it will be. This is Ebola's problem. It's a large frickin' virus, so it's not airborne very much except in the very largest of droplets.

If you want to believe this is a virus that can infect the epithelials of your respiratory tract, then the lining of your gut, then go into your bone marrow, then hit your testicles ... that takes a LOT of DNA. It's not going to be something that hangs out in the air.

If you want to believe this is something that can infect your lungs and then hide in your body before delivering a second virus ... one, that's science fiction; two, you're talking about two different loads of DNA/RNA in one particle, and that's even larger still.

If you want to believe this is a chimera that shifts itself to avoid your immune system like AIDS, well there is a reason why AIDS isn't airborne too.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Thanks for that, I wil l reserve my right to be concerned when and if fatal numbers outside of China spike.

I really hope you are right.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Hmmmm.... Now

Last Update 2020/2/9 23:49
Confirmed 40553
Deaths 910
Recovered 3359

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Seoul-based website Daily NK, which reports on North Korea using sources from inside the hermit country, said five people had died in the critical northwestern city of Sinuiju, the largest Chinese city in the region and a key trading route between the two countries.

The news site said authorities had “ordered public health officials in Sinuiju to quickly dispose of the bodies and keep the deaths secret from the public”.

According to South Korean media reports, the virus has spread to North Korea through illegal trading across the border.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Given the lack of medical infrastructure and general poor health of the populace, I would expect it to hit North Korea hard.

Poor, poor souls ...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: SpartanStoic

Exactly. That is why this type of governments try to prohibit international travel of their own citizens. And installs a firewall to control information.

I read somewhere that in the beginning they only permitted 1 person of the family to travel abroad to ensure that that person comes back to the family and not "escape".

Thing have changed since then, information always has a means to travel.

But most importantly, there are always going to be people that think outside the box and realizes things are not good and/or not fair and want to change things or at least try to escape from it. Even if they have lived in that environment all their lives and had been educated to accept it, they realize something is wrong and should be different.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: Ohanka
Everyone buying an n95 mask is wasting their money. They don’t work.

You need the bigger, heavier masks and eye protection.

I've stayed away from reporting on mask. As the saying goes, its better then nothing.
A handkerchief is just as good in many cases.

What people are missing and really missing, is that eye wear is just as important, but people aren't catching onto that yet.
The masks are made to keep out the flu virus, which is much larger than the corona virus. The corona virus is very small...which is what alows it to remain airborne for a long time. The masks are most useful when worn by the infected to prevent their sneezes and coughs from spreading. But if you walk through a cloud of coronavirus wearing a mask the virus can pass right through it and you breath it in. And of course it will be on your eyes as well. As you pointed out.

I had that mentioned in a thread of mine about if you have the cold, please wear a mask.

Also, you just pointed out about the Corona Virus , which I mentioned in a thread, stating this: I asked 2 doctors and one pharmacist about the masks and Corona Virus, and they didn't answer, but their look to me was sure of a negative one.

Actually by your profile name, I thought you were coming at me, but now I don't believe that is the case.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   
with sanitation workers in quarantine, trash begining to pile up -

twitter.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I've stayed away from reporting on mask. As the saying goes, its better then nothing.

What people are missing and really missing, is that eye wear is just as important, but people aren't catching onto that yet.
The masks are made to keep out the flu virus, which is much larger than the corona virus. The corona virus is very small...which is what alows it to remain airborne for a long time. The masks are most useful when worn by the infected to prevent their sneezes and coughs from spreading. But if you walk through a cloud of coronavirus wearing a mask the virus can pass right through it and you breath it in. And of course it will be on your eyes as well. As you pointed out.

I had that mentioned in a thread of mine about if you have the cold, please wear a mask.

Also, you just pointed out about the Corona Virus , which I mentioned in a thread, stating this: I asked 2 doctors and one pharmacist about the masks and Corona Virus, and they didn't answer, but their look to me was sure of a negative one.

Actually by your profile name, I thought you were coming at me, but now I don't believe that is the case.

Yeah, masks have limited effect. N95 masks filter particles of 0.3 microns or larger. Coronavirus is closer to 0.1 microns.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Japan media: 60 more cases of the new coronavirus confirmed on the cruise ship off Yokohama, raising the total cases to 130.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:30 PM
link   
60 more infected on Japan cruises ship total on ship is now 130 Infected

TOKYO, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Testing aboard the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan has found 60 more confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus, domestic broadcaster TBS TV said via Twitter. That brings total cases on the ship docked in Yokohama, south of Tokyo, to 130, according to TBS. The liner was placed on a two-week quarantine on arriving at Yokohama on Feb. 3. (Reporting by Rocky Swift; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)

[url]https://www.reuters.com/article/china-health-japan/sixty-more-people-confirmed-with-coronavirus-on-cruise-ship-in-japan-tbs-tv-idUSL4N2A6279[/url ]
edit on 9-2-2020 by celltypespecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Boy, if both China and North Korea fall who will step in to help the North Koreans? a reply to: ketsuko

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Update: 2-10-2020 Tokyo time 2 pm

As stated no rumors or BS from me.

Just in:

THE CREW MEMBERS AND THE 2 DOCTORS ON THE DIAMOND PRINCESS ARE UNWELL AT THE PRESENT TIME.

Sorry, but I don't know the exact meaning of "UNWELL" is of time of posting.

I do know this: they (crew members ) (not sure if that includes the doctors)are not allowed in the passenger cabins and that I found out I think 2 days ago which I reported.

Keep in mind about the Japanese military doctors are involved also.

For those following or just tuning in, here are a few of my threads. Notice how info is changing, some good news and some that we wish weren't so true.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com... scroll down a bit

This one I think it was the green tea to make me think of this:

Has anyone (military) heard of helicopters being on standby or any alerts concerning them. It seems to be quiet on a "street talk" that was going around.

I'm not far from the US base in Iwakuni near Hiroshima. So just wondering if any military soldiers here know anything they can share.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

Yeah, masks have limited effect. N95 masks filter particles of 0.3 microns or larger. Coronavirus is closer to 0.1 microns.

www.forbes.com...

from what im told, the cells/bacteria/virus attach to other molecules/cells/whatever when floating, thus its much larger than .1 micron when moving about.

also, wearing a mask isnt 100% full proof, but it damn well helps

just like the idea of a burglar. If a burglar wants to break in, he's going to find a way. locking your doors doesnt stop the threat, it just makes it harder for him to do so
edit on 9/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: redpassion
It then boils down to this - are you going to believe a son or daughter who you raised or the CCP? Do you believe your brother when your niece tells him that the virus was from a lab in Wuhan?

This is where the CCP is weakest and I think why WHO moved to censor social media under the guise of truth.

Yeppers. I play video games quite a bit and a lot of the chinese players actively speak out against the CCP. As soon as I saw that WHO wanted to censor social media the other day, I knew something was up. I bet there is a lot going on behind the scenes of the CCP right now. For better or for worse.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

China's central bank pumped 900 billion yuan (about $129 billion) into the financial system via reverse repos on Monday.

Another US$129 billion, with the additional US$57 Billion and the additional US$175 billion

That's around US$360 billion in total in 8 days and the markets have only recovered half of their initial 7-9% drop on Feb 2nd

and they're barely above %0 at the time of this post

edit on 9/2/20 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

originally posted by: clay2 baraka

www.forbes.com...

from what im told, the cells/bacteria/virus attach to other molecules/cells/whatever when floating, thus its much larger than .1 micron when moving about.

also, wearing a mask isnt 100% full proof, but it damn well helps

just like the idea of a burglar. If a burglar wants to break in, he's going to find a way. locking your doors doesnt stop the threat, it just makes it harder for him to do so

I agree that masks help. That why I said "limited." They will protect you from larger aerisolized droplets. Goggles are also key in preventing transmission into the eyes (even accidental from adjusting you mask and reflexively rubbing your eye).

Quarantine is the most effective measure, however.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I have been reading your posts very closely, I like them a lot. And maybe you or your husband can answer me this question/doubt I have.(I know you say it is science fiction, but hear me out, I am not an expert nor have study biology more than what is taught in school and to answer doubts I have now and then, I like to know as much as i can about everything).

Could a virus be engineered to mutate into 2 different virus once it enters the host? (I'll explain how I think this could be done with a tiny virus at the end of the post, bear with me please).

1st would be a copy of it self to keep spreading onto other hosts.

2nd a virus to infest the host in nasty ways, sterilize the host for example or attack different parts of the body, etc.

The way I'm thinking this could be done is by making the RNA/DNA of a virus separate once it enters the cell and embed to different parts of the DNA, let's say if you want the host to become sterile, than it would somehow embed it self into the part of the DNA that controls this. Take that part of the DNA host and make it part of the new virus.

And to keep the original virus, the second part of the DNA/RNA could embed it self into the DNA of the Host that can complete the rest of RNA/DNA sequence that separated from the original. Do not know if this makes sense, I've always had trouble to express this kind of ideas to other people hahaha.

Maybe this explanations makes more sens: Let's say ATTTGCTGACCTG is the sequence of the RNA, it enters, separates into 2: (1)ATTTGCT (2) GACCTG, (1) gets embedded into a part of a DNA to creates new virus, (2) embeds it self into a DNA sequence of the host to complete the original code ATTTGCTGACCTG, in that way creating the original virus again.

Thanks in advanced.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cmajlz
For North Korean Regine to fall, it would have to hit the elites and the upper echelon of the military pretty hard.

They let a ton of people die from famine. But the food could always be horded by the elites.

Disease might break that barrier. Who knows

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: celltypespecific

Didn't some us say days ago that they all will eventually get sick due to close quarters and the air circulation cabin to cabin.

new topics

top topics

<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

join