It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 206
<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2020 by Foxtree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Where are the thousands of new official cases per day in those cities you listed? When, not if, when we reach a US city with 100 cases, it will likely receive some manner of quarantine. Will we do what China did? I dont know... likely not, but tbat is largely due to the country's lack of a single party hive mind in charge of the nation than anything else. Half the country will do what you're doing and half the country will support my position, and the government will be split about the same. As we stand around navel gazing the virus will kick the whole country's ass.

Look man, virtue signaling is an interesting exercise. Anyone doing it is essentially chest thumping over how stridently they've gone against some natural aspect of human instinct and tendencies. You'll never hear anyone bragging over how many scoops of ice cream they downed or how many times they had impure thoughts about Pamela Anderson accused of virtue signaling. Self preservation and protection of yourself, your family unit, your friends over the interests of strangers or anyone who doesn't rise above the degree of acquaintance is a natural human instinct, hell a base instinct even. It isn't "hypocritical" it's simply nature. You be you and strut over how you've verbally opposed your natural instincts on this all you want, I'm more than comfortable being the grunting caveman demanding my base instincts are met.
we should have quarantined Asia over a month ago... blockade, nothing enters, nothing leaves. "How could anyone have known how serious?" Many will ask me... simple, China called for global help on December 31 very strange action for them. China quarantined 40 million people and neutered their entire economy when less than 500 cases had even been identified. Further bizarre behavior. Finally, China reported that 20 of their earliest known cases were the hospital workers caring for Patient Zero. That's enough red flags, lock it up right as a drum at that point.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:48 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2020 by Foxtree because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Laughing off nCoV because Black Death killed so many more is just silly. The original pandemic was drawn out over something like 10 years! This has been more like 10 weeks!

Laughing this off as another flu... Well, maybe one day it will be just another flu. After it's been around the block a few times. It takes this 'going round the block' to become less virulent, either by residual resistance or otherwise. Spanish Flu was like this, and now it's just the flu. At the time though it infected a third of the worlds population over 2 years.

2 years is quick, but it's still a lot longer than 10 weeks! We are at the beginning, we can only assume what the end might look like.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: EarthShine
Bats, Gene Editing and Bioweapons: Recent Darpa Experiments Raise Concerns Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
WHITNEY WEBB • JANUARY 30, 2020 • 5,700 WORDS • Republished from The Last American Vagabond by permission of author or representative
www.unz.com...

The Unz Review: An Alternative Media Selection-A Collection of Interesting, Important, and Controversial Perspectives Largely Excluded from the American Mainstream Media
~~
Author notes the lack of transparency about this arcane research. I have not seen anything with this level of exploration about DARPA, bioweapons, gene editing in ATS threads. We have wondered for decades whether eugenics would surface real time, not saying this article asserts that per se but that several nations have been studying is frightening. 15 pp long so put some quality time into reviewing the article. Educated opinions about this invited.

Excerpt: Conclusion

Research conducted by the Pentagon, and DARPA specifically, has continually raised concerns, not just in the field of bioweapons and biotechnology, but also in the fields of nanotechnology, robotics and several others. DARPA, for instance, has been developing a series of unsettling research projects that ranges from microchips that can create and delete memories from the human brain to voting machine software that is rife with problems.

Now, as fear regarding the current coronavirus outbreak begins to peak, companies with direct ties to DARPA have been tasked with developing its vaccine, the long-term human and environmental impacts of which are unknown and will remain unknown by the time the vaccine is expected to go to market in a few weeks time.

'Furthermore, DARPA and the Pentagon’s past history with bioweapons and their more recent experiments on genetic alteration and extinction technologies as well as bats and coronaviruses in proximity to China have been largely left out of the narrative, despite the information being publicly available. Also left out of the media narrative have been the direct ties of both the USAMRIID and DARPA-partnered Duke University to the city of Wuhan, including its Institute of Medical Virology.'

Great post.

DARPA- the usual suspects, would guess they had something to do with it.

The whole thing screams NWO depopulation agenda to me.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Normally you and I agree on most things, but not on this one. I'm kind of surprised actually. On the one hand you support liberty and freedom from government heavy handed over-regulation, but on the other you're "okay" with the imprisonment of millions of people against their will without due cause or process. Seems pretty inconsistent. And, I don't care what the situation is.

You can stand on your lawn and yell..."Lock 'em up, lock me up too...lock 'em all up!!" I'll wave at ya' on the bus!

But me; they won't even make it to the bottom of the hill a half a mile from here! They'll have ample reason to stop and go somewhere else at that point! Not kiddin' either...and it won't just be me. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness applies all the way across the board, not just when it's convenient for some.

edit on 2/10/2020 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yep, I figured as much from some previous posts, hence mine.

Let me ask you this...

Where are all the quarantines of massive numbers of people in the other countries where outbreaks have occurred?? Where are the house-arrests of families, friends and anyone they've been in contact with?? Answer - There aren't any.

You don't see Seattle or Chicago being quarantined do you? No, you don't.

The facts are, the virus has already jumped the quarantine boundary. Do you have any idea how many flights a day there are out of China? Thousands, loaded with millions of people. Every single day. On day #1 the carriers of the virus had spread the virus worldwide, and on days #2 - 14, before the virus was identified, the same thing happened.

China can do whatever they want. If they want to experiment with their economy and their ability to test the tolerance of their society to endure totalitarianism, that's their business. But let's not fool ourselves, the virus was long gone before any quarantines started. Any quarantines.

It is really tough to tough in this world of confusion , but I agree with you 100%. It seems to be too late now. I'll post update soon. Stay tune.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Interesting stats in a new paper. Seems more non-smokers are effected than smokers or ex-smokers. It's not peer reviewed yet, but looking at basic stats and demographic should be safe enough.

85% of patients were non-smokers. Both non-smokers and smokers seem to go on and and develop (or not) in similar ways. You might expect the opposite to be true, but this shows similarity to Spanish Flu. 'Cytokine Storm' has also been seen in some cases, as spoken about earlier (not this paper), again, similar to Spanish Flu.

www.medrxiv.org...

The paper is talking about lots of stuff, but the data I'm talking about can be found on page 21.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The hype was sure there, I lived through the 80s I remember the fear .

"Hype?" At least 32 million people have died from AIDS in the past 40 years. Now realize that AIDS is far more difficult to be infected by that a virus with an infection rate that seems to accelerate in hospitals, where one can assume the highest levels of care to block those transmission parameters are in place and spreads like wildfire in close quarters situations.

We're in for a real bitch of a springtime in North America. That's my bet/prediction. We are spraining muscles patting ourselves on the back for keeping a dozen cases alive in American hospitals... a dozen cases. When, not if but WHEN this bug manages to strike significant numbers anywhere in the USA, the hospital system will get overrun and overwhelmed just like China's has.

Let's say this is no worse than the flu... OK, look at how hard flu season already hits and taxes our syatem... now double the demand for beds and care needs, BUT realize the actual problems with Wuhan Virus are a bit different than the flu. This virus causes septic shock, organ failure, and pneumonia and has been shown to have the disturbing ability to be asymptomatic almost up to the moment it hits the patient with critically low oxygen levels and organ malfunction. That means the already stressed hospitals wont just need additional beds and staff, they will also need special facilities and equipment presently not needed or held in huge supply like they possess for treating the flu.

Sugar coat it all you want... we may get a plain bone, we may get a candy coated bone, either way we're gonna get boned by this. If you believe the laughably unbelievable official numbers out of China, it will simply throw a large amount of chaos and disruption into most of our lives. If you believe the worst case scenarios more and more people are claiming they are witnessing in China, then we will each likely lose people we know to this.

Stay tune for an update.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Power_Semi

Okay, so let's go with your 'ship' logic for a second here...

Then what would be the harm in removing these same people from the ship and placing them in a proper care facility, even if temporary?? Why keep them confined in solitary confinement on the ship??

Can you imagine being in an 'inside cabin' on this ship? Have you ever seen how small one of those cabins are? They're smaller than a solitary confinement prison cell, I can tell you that!

I agree - they should have been removed from the ship.

Someone has to bring them their food, etc, and they won't be wearing biohazard kit or following top level infection control protocols - they are workers on a ship.

So if just ONE of them gets infected and infects more crew, and the crew are handling and breathing of food and taking it all over the ship - then everyone will get it.

And with the crew wandering all over the ship, collecting plates and cups and etc - it's inevitable they ARE going to come into contact with people who have it, and who have plastered the virus over everything they're touching.

However, if it wasn't "that" contageous, and only the weak/old/young got it, then not very many people would get it probably. Even on a ship.

So that fact that almost 50% of tested people so far have it (with test kits being less than 50% reliable), and the UK 3rd case being a supposed "super spreader" and infecting at least 10 people so far by himself...

Then maybe this thing is the most contageous thing we've ever encountered.

And with it being novel, i.e. we've never encountered it before, so have no immunity to it, then that may well be the case.

Time will tell, but with the rate of infection n China and the measures they've taken, and the rate of spread we've seen on the ship and from the 3rd confirmed case in the UK, IMHO it does not look good at all.

I mean, if you had thousands of infected people to look at it wouldn't be unusual to find one who infected a lot more people than anyone else, but when the 3rd patient is found to be a super spreader - well maybe they are actually a normal spreader and we're looking at an Ro of well over 10.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Another new interesting study from Imperial College London calculates mortality rate (CFR) of 18%

www.imperial.ac.uk...

It gives 18% for Hubei with good certainty, and estimates 1.2% to 5.6% CFR outside of China but warns this estimation carries high level of uncertainty.

18% adds credibility to the link I posted yesterday which showed China to slip out figures suggesting 17% CFR

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:19 AM
link   
This is something you all might be interested in:

multimedia.scmp.com...

Update coming soon. Stay tune.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:28 AM
link   
nCov 2019: HIV Inserts, ACE2 Receptors, and Cytokine Storms Fully Explained in One Video

This is a good compilation and discussion of various scientific papers around the issues of the virus. Some of the complications with the infected are discussed like cytokine storms and how they can be started by interactions with T cells. The T cell is like a military general for your immune system while the cytokines are like all the foot soldiers. Basically with a cytokine storm your immune system responds too strong and causes further complications.

How HIV-1 RNA has been found in 2019-nCoV is also discussed through various papers and perspectives. The video is not a complete case for the virus being man made, but it does question, look at the theories and how it might work. The presenter does show some concerns and presents some theories that this virus may be an aerosol version of AIDS. It may not kill us straight away like those that drop through heart problems or those that drown through lung infections, but the fatality rate will be 100% should our T cells become infected and our immune suppressed in the long term.

It is going to take some time for all the data to come in and get verified being a new biological threat. How some reports are showing a reduced lymphocyte count for those that have recovered is a concern and needs to be watched.
edit on 10-2-2020 by kwakakev because: cropped image

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: OutsideContextProblem
twitter.com...

Hopefully this posts correctly, this tweet is about a new preprint publication about 1099 confirmed corona virus cases.

While it hasn’t been peer reviewed and published yet, it has some very interesting data in there, that can give you an idea of the eventual fatality rate and who will be effected.

1.36% fatality rate so far, 93% of patients still hospitalised when study ended.

93% still hospitalised. Things are going to get clogged very quickly when local transmission starts, wherever it hits.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   
nm
edit on 10-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Agreed.

Well, using some of the other logic being presented here, maybe they should get ahead of the curve and sail the ship out into the middle of the ocean and scuttle it with all onboard. Better safe than sorry. /sarcasm

However, if it wasn't "that" contageous, and only the weak/old/young got it, then not very many people would get it probably. Even on a ship.

True, but there's no denying all these people would be better off in a proper quarantine environment with proper care.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:49 AM
link   
A bounce on the infection rate but still slowing.

wuflu.live...

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: primalfractal
Saw some people reccomending ear plugs or cotton wool buds with two drops of tea tree oil to stop virus entering body through the ears.

Decided to do some more digging.

There are many ways that bacteria can enter your body. All they need is an opening! For example, they can come into your body through your mouth, or your nose, or your ears.

Viruses may also enter in the same ways as bacteria.

scienceline.ucsb.edu...

Another source mentioned it was uncommon, entry through mucosal membrane more likeley, but still didnt say impossible.
link

Then I found another rabbit hole, as I often do haha

Gargle and clean your ears with 3% Hydrogen Peroxide solution--True
This is a weird one. But many people swear by it. Back in 1928, Dr. Richard Simmons proposed that cold and flu viruses enter the body through the ear canal. And 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (found at any drug store and sells for less than two dollars) is incredibly effective at killing bacteria and viruses. By gargling with 3% hydrogen peroxide solution and putting a few drops in your ears at the first signs of a cold or flu, you might be able to decrease your odds of catching the flu.

abc7chicago.com...

I don't advise over-the-counter medications, but one simple treatment you can try that is surprisingly effective against upper respiratory infections is hydrogen peroxide. Many patients at my Natural Health Center have had remarkable results in curing colds and flu within 12 to 14 hours when administering a few drops of 3 percent hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) into each ear. You will hear some bubbling, which is completely normal, and possibly feel a slight stinging sensation. Wait until the bubbling and stinging subside (usually 5 to 10 minutes), then drain onto a tissue and repeat with the other ear. A bottle of hydrogen peroxide in 3 percent solution is available at any drug store for a couple of dollars or less. It is simply amazing how many people respond to this simple, inexpensive treatment.

articles.mercola.com...

The peroxide treatment is interesting.

I'd say it's worth wearing earplugs, mask and goggles.

For a mask n100 is best, then n99, then n95. Better is a full face respirator with n100 filters. Better again is a gas mask with a nato 40mm CBRN filter.

True. But if this stuff lives on surfaces and you get it on your clothes, shoes, gowns, whatever....and you've never been trained how to safely remove exposed items, I think there's still a big risk. I speak from experience with giardia, a very infectious bug. I had a rescue cat with it. I covered my shoes, hair, wore a tyvek suit with mask and gloves, glasses....removed them carefully and showered afterwards. I still got it. If this virus is at least or more infectious than giardia, transfer infection is difficult to counter and a real risk despite whatever mask you're wearing.
edit on 10-2-2020 by drussell41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mateo96

There's a disease sweeping across the world; that much is certain. But it ain't Coronavirus, that's for sure!

The "disease" is called selfishness!!

"I don't care what you do to those guys...over there. Torture them, starve them, whatever it takes...just keep 'em out of MY backyard!!"

But if the tables were turned...oh boy...would they be screaming bloody forking murder then!!! You'd never hear the end of it...for a thousand centuries!!

It's called hypocrisy! Hypocrisy and selfishness!

A virus doesn't care about good will, you let it spread and it will, look at the cruise ship. It's not something you can decide to let loose out of moral high ground.
And if you do, you'd need to take responsibility for every single death outside of China, literally nobody with half a brain would do such a thing.

I think the point is that they should be quarantined in a way that doesn't ensure negatives become positives.

posted on Feb, 10 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Whats up with BNO, only 3 entries today?

Timeline (GMT)

10 February
09:46: 4 new cases in the United Kingdom. (Source)
05:13: 65 new cases in Japan. They were found on the “Diamond Princess” cruise ship off Yokohama, raising the ship’s total to 135. (Source)
01:01: 1 new case in Malaysia. (Source)

9 February

new topics

top topics

<< 203  204  205    207  208  209 >>

join