It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates Part 2

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
www.perthnow.com.au... 017z

A cruise ship expected to arrive in Singapore next week has been diverted to Fremantle over coronavirus concerns.

The Queen Mary 2, currently in Phuket, Thailand is scheduled to travel straight to WA over the next nine days, arriving at Fremantle Port on February 18.

It comes as cruise operator Cunard blamed the change in itinerary on the rapidly growing restrictions on travel amid the global coronavirus crisis.

Oh goody...

That's just great...

Lets set a precedent for all cruise liners that are not allowed to land in asian countries to come on over to Australia.
our leaders are so friggen stupid, they dont see a problem with it

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NxNWest

Lot of politics I'm sure in all kinds of ways.

You know everyone is still really worried about this when they're all more worried about the politics of the team before the health of a nation and possibly the world.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Hopefully that's because the ship itself isn't particularly dangerous but more because the ports are just flat out refusing to let anyone in or out.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Good God. a reply to: toysforadults

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   
it's called tourism. a reply to: Agit8dChop

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Dear Ketsuko: I totally get your point. But having understood it I don't see that this means it isn't engineered. Perhaps that isn't what you are arguing on....Idk.

There is so much evidence to the contrary: that it started in Wuhan with its level 4 lab, the docs involved (one even arrested for making deals with the Chinese for something like $150,000 a month, and others turning up dead and/or missing). Whatever it is, whatever kind of "common" strain, slightly altered type of virus, that is new so no one has the antibodies to fight, ceases to matter at a certain point. Extrapolating figures, even knowing there isn't a good test for it, and considering where is the testing even occurring, who is processing that test and how failproof is it anyway, the balooning numbers cause genuine concern, obviously.

In the end, it doesn't even matter if it's engineered. Perhaps what matters most is perceiving the threat accurately, and dealing with it in such a way we can survive it, and perhaps even food and manufacturing shortages that may accompany it.

I don't even know that discussion on the ground zero level of the virus is even pertinent, as there has been so much outed that isn't usually, it would lead usual conspiracy theorists to think that, yeah, maybe all that's just a "cover" for something else really going on in the offing. What I do know, is during the whole Trump Impeachment debacle I was sitting in my living room wondering what this was distracting us all from, and now I've a pretty good idea.....
regards and stay safe,
tetra

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: redpassion

From my experience with CCP this is starting to get close to a boiling point where the CCP will do something drastic to shift blame. They are getting very defensive about the lab accusations which as we like to say "you take flak when you're over the target" and things are starting to wear on them.

This is very interesting. So the Chinese people are also suspecting that? It's not only internationally?

Inside China, people are starting to speak up. Wife played some videos from Wechat while we were doing errands today and I listened to quite a number of people just saying f*ck it and speaking out against CCP. The ones we listened to were younger but there were some older ones as well.

I think the social instability they feared is here and will continue to boil. Hopefully, international pressure will make the CCP admit the truth but I sincerely doubt it. I still think that Xi will get offered up as a scapegoat, maybe the odd general or 2 if they were to admit the lab theory is correct.

Yes, that is the impression I'm getting. I didn't know the "anger" against CCP and the social injustice was that spread among Chinese until I read a note in a news where 2 women took a car into the forbiden city. Chinese youth saying "F it, we are not afraid anymore" is something the governments everywhere fears. Here in Chile it was the same, the youth (scholars from 9th~12 grade) started the revolution here, one of the best lines I read was "You took so much away from us, that you took our fear".

I really hope you guys will be able to get to the bottom of this and the truth comes out. I also hope that everything changes for the best, maybe this, being ass bad as it is and I hate to see people suffering and all, is a catalyst for deep changes in China's policy. From my point of view, we (almost all the rest of the world) treat Chinese almost as slaves, seeing corporations pressuring to start production not caring if people can get infected and die because of it. I'm really fed up with "everything is money".

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Its called being spineless wimps.

We were allowing flights in from china for a week longer than other countries
Now we are accepting cruise liners, when asian nations are starting to ban them from entry?

China owns us, this is Chinese pressure.

Nothing to do with tourism

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:51 PM
link   
as we should as well.

Look at the Japanese Cruise Liner, 70+ infected.

We cannot be a port for cruise liners to dock

this had better be a 1 off

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
Its called being spineless wimps.

We were allowing flights in from china for a week longer than other countries
Now we are accepting cruise liners, when asian nations are starting to ban them from entry?

China owns us, this is Chinese pressure.

Nothing to do with tourism

Our leaders are corporate whores, Australia is a corporation, money talks, Its really no surprise.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

At least one other that I am aware of. A Microbiologist from the United States, working on a cure died a few days ago. One other Chinese doctor came really close to passing. The pneumonia in the lungs and kidney failure seem to be knocking people over..

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   
As the saying goes, Amen brother. You speak for many of us.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cmajlz
So will North Korea blame the US for unleashing the virus on them?a reply to: clay2 baraka

China has (sarcastically)..

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Didn't think of it that way. Now ASIA HAS a different kind of " boat people" with no place to go.
a reply to: Agit8dChop

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I hope you are right.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I think 2 things happened...

First they were slow to censor WeChat. They used their old playbook for a one off disaster like the famous Wuhan train crash many years back. For this situation that playbook failed internally and videos circulated too freely.

Second, the Achilles heel of the regime has now become overseas Chinese people. They talk to family in China often and have unrestricted access to content. You know what the first thing overseas students do when they show up to university in the US is? Start a Facebook account, or maybe Twitter these days. At any rate they can see all the information and believe me they communicate it back to family in China.

It then boils down to this - are you going to believe a son or daughter who you raised or the CCP? Do you believe your brother when your niece tells him that the virus was from a lab in Wuhan?

This is where the CCP is weakest and I think why WHO moved to censor social media under the guise of truth.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: clay2 baraka

Thanks for that, I wil l reserve my right to be concerned when and if fatal numbers outside of China spike.

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:06 PM
link   
from wuflu.live...

Last Update 2020/2/9 23:46
Confirmed 80713
Deaths 1818
Recovered 6635

posted on Feb, 9 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Have been following this thread since day one. Have also followed the Ebola and H1N1 threads back in the day on ATS (for some reason my old account was deleted). As opposed to previous epidemic scares we have had, this time there seems to be no good news emerging even after several weeks have gone by. Those of us that are still hopeful for containing the virus cling to some of the following:

1. the official numbers from China seem to be indicating a reduction in increase of spread rate. But we know that was bound to happen because the official numbers are physically limited by staff availability to test patients and the availability of actual test kits. Regardless of our physical limitations in measuring its spread we cannot assume that it is being contained just based on this.

2. Confirmed cases in other countries are still low. Which fuels our imagination with speculation:
- it is somehow targeting the Asian population at the genetic level. Other ethnicities have nothing to worry about
- virus is only virulent with severe cases in China because of pollution, more people smoking, etc.
- quarantines put in place must be working to stop its spread

I think if we sit down and think this through, this speculation is only posted because we want to stay positive! To me the most logical explanation for having low numbers outside China at this time is narrow criteria for testing. When CV testing is solely based on recent travel to Wuhan or contact with previous suspected/confirmed cases, we are bound to miss many infected individuals who present no symptoms, who have managed to hide travel history, who caught it somewhere else like in a ski resort in the Alps... Because the symptoms are similar to a cold/flu, the only way we will learn in the future about the virus being widespread in other localities is an increase of patients with atypical pneumonia popping up in hospitals. At that point any attempt to contain the spread will be impossible. It is only by the second week that people whose condition worsens will seek medical attention for pneumonia/difficulty breathing, it could be happening now, but they would not be "suspected" for CV because they had no travel history to Wuhan neither any suspected contacts. Logic dictates that the virus is presently spreading in many communities around the world but will only be detected when some hospitals raise a red flag that an above average number of patients are coming down with pneumonia. In a nutshell a 100% repeat of how it was first detected in Wuhan. By that time there will be medical staff infected because they were not wearing protective gear, which news will immediately lead to widespread panic among population that everything that happened in China will happen elsewhere: lack of resources, lockdowns..

That is my baseline scenario and I don't use any numbers to come to this conclusion.. It is by factoring all available facts about this virus that you can predict what is likely to happen next, not by drawing lines on a chart with some unreliable numbers coming from CCP, other countries or a cruise ship. The odds favor a repeat of what has happened in China. Sure you can blame the communist regime on doing stupid things, but regardless of what your country will do it is unlikely to prevent panic and stop the virus any better than China. Some of you believe that using unreliable data in decision making is better than not using any data. I tell you right here that is complete bull. Ignoring data that is known to be unreliable and incomplete is much better for decision making. You know what they say garbage in, garbage out...

new topics

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join