It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 273
<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Not sure if this link will work but it says two San Francisco cases have been hospitalised because their condition worsened...

www.kron4.com...
edit on 2/3/2020 by checkmeout because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 3-2-2020 by Pommer89 because: Already posted

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Tnx, but please explain more, why i need to take into account the infected people at all? There comes a day when every one of them (17k) heals or dies, atm this bad rate is way bigger than 2%.
edit on 3-2-2020 by SaddledMummy because: grammar

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Japan Quarantines Cruise Ship After Passenger Infected With Coronavirus

www.theepochtimes.com...

Japan’s health ministry confirmed it quarantined a cruise ship that arrived in Yokohama on Monday night after a male passenger was found to have been infected with coronavirus, which has triggered quarantines around China and global health fears. The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare said that dozens of quarantine officers are checking the health of around 2,500 passengers on the ship, Kyodo News reported.

Princess Cruises, which is a subsidiary of Carnival Cruises, told Bloomberg that the passenger embarked on the Diamond Princess ship in Yokohama on Jan. 20 and disembarked on Jan. 25. The ship then continued its trip to take other passengers to Yokohama. On Saturday, that passenger tested positive for coronavirus. The firm said that 2,666 passengers and 1,045 crew are on board the quarantined vessel. The delay will last 24 hours.

5 days the guy has been on this ship... thats 5 days with all those passengers!

I think this is definitely a situation worth watching. This is a CONFIRMED coronavirus person that iteracted with passengers for almost a week in an enclosed environment with typically a shared table for eating as well.

They could get crazy amounts of real time data from the exposure rate, and confirmed cases around this person. This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back on a larger outbreak as well.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

I read it was related to the previous car parts place. They are apparently testing over 100 people and one came back positive on the 3rs time of testing.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: tennisdawg

I agree. My first thought was here you go. Here is your giant petri dish. Let's see what grows...or doesn't. This one is going to be interesting.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Adphil28

One of the siblings of the other child.

Another child of a Webasto employee from Siegsdorf (Traunstein district), whose disease had been diagnosed last week, is also infected. The family has a total of three children, two of whom are now ill. The oldest, a five-year-old child, had already had a positive test last Friday. According to the authorities, the man and both sick children are in a stable state of health.

Source in German
edit on 3-2-2020 by misfit312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
ABC is reporting of the 11 infected in the USA, most were severe some mild and some needed oxygen machines to breath.

And, of course, no details on the stats for these people.

Are any of them native chinese who immigrated? Ages? Health issues prior to contracting it?

Seriously, this lack of detail is maddening.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
As we wait for China numbers that are obviously gonna be lower than yesterday

There are barely any new confirmed cases outside China today, like 1 in Viet Nam, 1 in Germany and that's it so it's safe to assume the situation is under control. We "dodged the bullet" as some of you have said.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
I truly hope this thread won't evolve to/for updates by those of us who will be infected

That is such a surreal thought. Something I’d expect to see in a movie, but could become reality .

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: Bicent
ABC is reporting of the 11 infected in the USA, most were severe some mild and some needed oxygen machines to breath.

And, of course, no details on the stats for these people.

Are any of them native chinese who immigrated? Ages? Health issues prior to contracting it?

HIPAA regulations in the US are preventing any details from leaking out. Everyone is afraid of getting sued, even if the details wouldn't identify the person in the slightest. This is why we get way more info when the cases happen in other countries. I agree with you that they should provide at least ages and races if possible.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
a reply to: Pommer89
That is epilepsy attack, and very typical one.
No, it is not.
An epileptic attack does NOT cause Decorticate posturing.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

There are barely any new confirmed cases outside China today, like 1 in Viet Nam, 1 in Germany and that's it so it's safe to assume the situation is under control. We "dodged the bullet" as some of you have said.

You are wrong.
You missed the 11th one here in the USA.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaddledMummy
a reply to: Bicent

Heh, im not read off this number somewhere, i add deaths+heals/deaths*100 because noticing all people and organisations taking % from infected people. So if tomorrow we have millions of infected, but still not enough deaths, then mortality % drops 0,0+

That math is not real, this is more like authorities tuning statistics.

So every case in the world outside China has just been lucky as hell? There has not been a 40% observed mortality there so far.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

That, I think, is by design. Nobody can be allowed to know what's actually going on because some psychopaths have to make the most of any opportunity to scare the sh!t out of people. And why would that be? Well, when they tell you that they stopped it or protected and saved you from it, you will trust them and they will continue to do whatever they like. It's how things work.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Diamondgeezur

Unconfirmed whether the seizure is connected to the virus.This could be a cardiovascular condition called vasovagal syncope it happens when the blood pressure low or the heartbeat slows which can happen during a cardiac arrest.

Other reason could be a stroke or other neurological related reasons.

If it was related to the virus I'd imagine pneumonia which is the cause of inflamed alveoli which causes fluid and puss to fill up in the air sacks in that case they'd know this because they'd have trouble breathing because they are essentially drowning in their fluids, that would lower the oxygen in the blood thus to the brain which causes the person to go into respiratory shock and seizure and then cardiac arrest.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Motor symptoms may include sustained rhythmical jerking movements (clonic), muscles becoming weak or limp (atonic), muscles becoming tense or rigid (tonic), brief muscle twitching (myoclonus), or epileptic spasms (body flexes and extends repeatedly).a reply to: Violater1

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Does this sound weird? Or am I just making a big deal out of nothing? I am rather paranoid when it comes to government information...

Belgium.
First of all, our tiny country is hardly reporting on the outbreak and certainly not about suspected cases. Not once. And yet when I looked at the virus maps last week it showed 10 cases cleared (without the maps ever showing suspected cases!). Only a couple days ago they said on the news that there were tests done which turned out all negative, with no more info than just that.

So today they had a virologist in the news who was answering the question "How big is the chance that I become infected? He answers the question with the usual blablabla...
then continues with saying: "I am not worried at all about infected people, because they get good treatment in the hospital and should be fine within a couple days. What I'm more worried about is the ones we can't f...." and there the interview is cut off.

But there is always a transcript and it the transcript it says: "the ones we can't find" !

A couple of hours before this a news article came out about a fax (or mail) that turned up, coming from the Brussels police headquarters about a fugitive male who escaped a hospital and was confirmed infected with the virus.
Brussels police spokesman now claims that the message was fake, it looked real but the case number on the message belonged to another case and the inspector who signed the msg was unknown. They said to have started an internal investigation.

So what should I make of this?

I have no English source for this so you just have to take my word for it that this is translated exactly how it was written in Dutch.
For those who speak Dutch or Flemish , Both articles are online on the HLN news site.

edit on 3-2-2020 by KindraLaBelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

originally posted by: Necrose

You are wrong.
You missed the 11th one here in the USA.

Well, that was confirmed yesterday (GMT)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Epicentre of coronavirus outbreak reports 2,345 new cases and 64 new deaths.

So I guess about 500-700 in the rest of China + maybe a death or two, just above 20k grand total.
edit on 3-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 270  271  272    274  275  276 >>

join