It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 271
<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAMEDDDoc
a reply to: ARM1968

This disease has a much higher morbidity rate than SARS, it’s getting people sick for days, weeks. We are beginning to see strain on the system (in China) stemming from a very large number of sick people who already have underlying health conditions.

Even the male who recovered in Washington was down for 2 weeks from this thing, he could still function but he was using hospital resources.

Multiply that by millions over weeks or months and any healthcare system would be brought to its knees.

They’re not trying to save people, they’re trying to mitigate spread and damage to the state image and it’s economy. Their trade agreements and deals depend on it.

They really are not mitigating the losses to their economy.

My opinion is that there is something we are missing.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Reckon so, but doubt we’re ever gonna find out what tbh

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I don’t think so, it’s a combination of poor public health, delayed reporting, limited resources, population density, forced quarantine in closed environments etc.

If the numbers are weeks old and it’s knocking the system on its rear end, that’s the end of it.

I sincerely believe the medical researchers and professionals want to help people and save them but the state is preventing that. They could be increasing its spread in these areas.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Here is what I am beginning to think. This virus has been around since beginning of December, some reports seem to indicate a lil earlier. Which means it’s been spreading around for about 2 months. This virus I think was not contained in the city of origin for 2 months. It’s been spread, now chances are people probably thought it was the flu. Now the flu has been pretty severe this season, but people are not falling over and dying. It’s spreading as fast as the flu, with a higher mortality rate. So the probability this virus spread to other countries is there, and it was probably deemed as the flu. So, that kinda makes me scratch my head. What concerns me thou, now is the geopolitical relations. 🤷‍♂️ So in summary we have doctors leaning further in insinuating this virus, will become a pandemic, China blaming the USA for creating panic 🤦‍♂️ While they (CHINA) quarantines millions. I can’t get a finger on this story, in regards to it’s severity, the actual spread of the virus, why China blames the USA, why China quarantined millions, while outside of China, the fragments of info in regards to those infected remain in stable condition 🤷‍♂️. Just can’t get my finger on this. UNLESS we are getting ,misinformation. We are either getting lied to, or China is over reacting.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc
Personally I think if it’s a case of bad health, population density, limited resources etc then India and Africa are going to be the ones to watch over the next couple of weeks🤷🏽‍♂️

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Just came across this on Twitter

twitter.com...

Translated on google
"Many patients have this symptom until the later stages, so only so many bodies are seen on the road. This virus may respond differently to some people, and some people have no symptoms, but they suddenly become sick and disappear!
That's why I saw so many corpses on the road!
The Communist Party developed a virus, and the killing was very successful!"

Dont know if real or misinformation

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind
That you know about, correct? Would you bet your life that you know of every case? If so, I'd like some of that Kool-aid.

Seriously? Get back to me when there is something of substance to report.

link   
a reply to: TheAMEDDDoc
I had something nasty last year or so ago, seriously took 2 weeks to shake it off. I rarely get sick, but this flu kicked my arse, what ever it was. I hope I never get one of those sicknesses again!

link   
www.dailyxpressnews.com...

India third case

twitter.com...

Israel
Google translate
Thus they transfer the first case of analysis of #Coronavirus in #Israel.

The patient was referred to the Rambam hospital in Haifa pending results.

edit on 3-2-2020 by Pommer89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

No! 362 dead out of 17,486.
The current mortality rate is about 2.07%

I work in healthcare informatics and none of the estimates are really correct. That said, I agree the 'current' mortality rate is about 40% Here is the example we use when we describe outcome stats to new uesrs.

Consider a race with 100 cars and the goal is it to drive 1000 miles. The race starts and one car is unbelievably fast. He finishes the race in 10 hours. A second car that was nearly as fast crashes about 2 hours into the race. The other 98 cars are still driving. At that moment, the crash rate can be described at 50%. We have 2 outcomes. One finished and the other crashed. That's all we know. If another car breaks down, that impacts the crash rate (now 33%). A complete crash/complete ratio cannot be calculated until all cars have exhausted the possible outcomes (Finish, Crash or Breakdown).

Using this process we can say what the overall mortality rate is right now but we can't say that's the final mortality rate for 2019bCoV. Likewise, we are foolish to say the mortality rate is 2% by comparing the current deaths against the undetermined cases. Using the math that gets you 2% mortality also gets you 3% survivability and no one thinks that right do they?
edit on 3-2-2020 by Tempussolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Brace For Impact: Global Pandemic Already Baked In

Zero Hedge
edit on 3-2-2020 by 1questioner because: (no reason given)

link   
Hmm more data to crunch..

abcnews.go.com... =ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

ABC is reporting of the 11 infected in the USA, most were severe some mild and some needed oxygen machines to breath..

Hmmm
🤔

link   

originally posted by: Pommer89

twitter.com...

Translated on google
"Many patients have this symptom until the later stages, so only so many bodies are seen on the road. This virus may respond differently to some people, and some people have no symptoms, but they suddenly become sick and disappear!

I have watched a number of videos where the cause is attributed to the Wuhan virus. All of them had two things in common.... twitching legs and the forearms drawing up to head level.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I dunno what to think of those videos. Until we see some videos of that outside of China, I am not gonna call it gospel. Looks creepy thou, something Is effecting the neurological part of the body.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Pommer89

twitter.com...

Translated on google

I have watched a number of videos where the cause is attributed to the Wuhan virus. All of them had two things in common.... twitching legs and the forearms drawing up to head level.

One of the many times each day when I ponder why am I the way that I am and am left SMH at myself, but that TurboTax ad is what popped into my head reading those convulsion descriptions.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
I preferred Shakira's dancing.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Could you imagine? I don’t think we’re there yet, for a population specific engineered virus at least with a delayed action. We are on the brink though, like decades away from it, maybe even sooner. It’s part of the double edged sword of a DNA based vaccine.

Lentivirus is a great way to alter genes in a host, we use them at work to alter genes in living animals. One of our labs uses them to alter gene expression in black 6 mice that have cystic fibrosis. This disease makes mucous very thick, not viscous at all and it clogs in the pancreatic ducts, digestive system, poor perfusion in lungs. They insert genes and make the mice have normal mucous, stopping the disease in its tracks. Of course, being humans, let’s find out a way to kill people with that and alter genes in a terrible way.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempussolo
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

No! 362 dead out of 17,486.
The current mortality rate is about 2.07%

I work in healthcare informatics and none of the estimates are really correct. That said, I agree the 'current' mortality rate is about 40% Here is the example we use when we describe outcome stats to new uesrs.

Consider a race with 100 cars and the goal is it to drive 1000 miles. The race starts and one car is unbelievably fast. He finishes the race in 10 hours. A second car that was nearly as fast crashes about 2 hours into the race. The other 98 cars are still driving. At that moment, the crash rate can be described at 50%. We have 2 outcomes. One finished and the other crashed. That's all we know. If another car breaks down, that impacts the crash rate (now 33%). A complete crash/complete ratio cannot be calculated until all cars have exhausted the possible outcomes (Finish, Crash or Breakdown).

Using this process we can say what the overall mortality rate is right now but we can't say that's the final mortality rate for 2019bCoV. Likewise, we are foolish to say the mortality rate is 2% by comparing the current deaths against the undetermined cases. Using the math that gets you 2% mortality also gets you 3% survivability and no one thinks that right do they?

That is some flawed thinking. You can't count just the number of recovered to deaths. You have to take all the infected to deaths. They are not dead yet... So the number right now is about 2%. Could it go higher? Yes. Could it go lower? Yes. We won't know till we see how the other 17K make out.

The true % is still pending. It is certainly not 40% at this point. Use common sense.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

bnonews.com...

There are currently 17,498 confirmed cases worldwide, including 362 fatalities.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

True death toll IS 40%, all other outcomings may change in the future... Use math.

new topics

top topics

<< 268  269  270    272  273  274 >>

join