It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corona Virus Updates

page: 274
<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So every case in the world outside China has just been lucky as hell? There has not been a 40% observed mortality there so far.

Yes, some countries had extremely lucky at moment as like Sri Lanka where confirmed was 1 and recovered also 1. This means mortality rate 0 or vice versa recovery 100%. Other countries like Japan, we still wait what outcomes remain. But overall data in plain numbers - 362 deaths, 535 recovered at global scale. If this ratio holds, 17535 infected people struggles and 40% die off.

link   
a reply to: [post=24891017]Agit8dChop[/post

bnonews.com...

There are currently 17,498 confirmed cases worldwide, including 362 fatalities.

www.infowars.com...

PSHUTTLE-SN SEQUENCE PROVES THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC WAS DEFINITELY ENGINEERED IN A LAB

As detailed by James Lyons-Weiler, PhD, founder of the Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge and author of 57 peer-reviewed publications, an analysis of the gene sequence for the coronavirus finds a peculiar sequence called “pShuttle-SN.” This sequence is is the remnant of a genetic engineering sequence that’s used to insert genes into viruses and bacteria. It provides irrefutable “open source” proof that the coronavirus now circulating in the wild was engineered in a laboratory. Every lab that has the gene sequence can see this for themselves. It’s right out in the open, which is why we describe this revelation as “open source.”

link   

originally posted by: SaddledMummy
a reply to: Justoneman

Tnx, but please explain more, why i need to take into account the infected people at all? There comes a day when every one of them (17k) heals or dies, atm this bad rate is way bigger than 2%.

I am thinking this may not be as bad as what is in the US now. But the Chinese are locking down cities to get rid of the non believers of the Communist religion. We can't rule that out at all just yet.
If it is bad they are going to sell organs from donors who survived the flu but not the Chicom scientist.
edit on 3-2-2020 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

a reply to: MrRCflying

True death toll IS 40%, all other outcomings may change in the future... Use math.

No it's not.

If you have a box a crackers and you eat 10% of the box. You can't stay that 100% of the box of crackers has been eaten because the only outcome of the crackers coming out of the box is to be eaten.

While it is likely that, unless the expire early or get tossed out because the person eating them doesn't like them, that 100% of the crackers will be eaten. BUT... we don't know that for sure.

Thus, only 10% of the crackers are gone.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: Bicent

Heh, im not read off this number somewhere, i add deaths+heals/deaths*100 because noticing all people and organisations taking % from infected people. So if tomorrow we have millions of infected, but still not enough deaths, then mortality % drops 0,0+

That math is not real, this is more like authorities tuning statistics.

So every case in the world outside China has just been lucky as hell? There has not been a 40% observed mortality there so far.

I'm starting to wonder if maybe you were onto something last week when you speculated this has been hitting Hubei since at least November. A lot of viruses can have very long incubation periods and hibernation periods during which they're difficult to pull a positive test for. Just free wheeling conscious streams here, but what if all these sick folks in Wuhan we're seeing right now were actually infected 2 months prior rather than 2 weeks prior? It would make some sense for the relatively low numbers of positive cases outside of China currently, but would likely mean choppy water ahead.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tennisdawg

originally posted by: CrazeeWorld777

Japan Quarantines Cruise Ship After Passenger Infected With Coronavirus

www.theepochtimes.com...

Japan’s health ministry confirmed it quarantined a cruise ship that arrived in Yokohama on Monday night after a male passenger was found to have been infected with coronavirus, which has triggered quarantines around China and global health fears. The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare said that dozens of quarantine officers are checking the health of around 2,500 passengers on the ship, Kyodo News reported.

Princess Cruises, which is a subsidiary of Carnival Cruises, told Bloomberg that the passenger embarked on the Diamond Princess ship in Yokohama on Jan. 20 and disembarked on Jan. 25. The ship then continued its trip to take other passengers to Yokohama. On Saturday, that passenger tested positive for coronavirus. The firm said that 2,666 passengers and 1,045 crew are on board the quarantined vessel. The delay will last 24 hours.

5 days the guy has been on this ship... thats 5 days with all those passengers!

I think this is definitely a situation worth watching. This is a CONFIRMED coronavirus person that iteracted with passengers for almost a week in an enclosed environment with typically a shared table for eating as well.

They could get crazy amounts of real time data from the exposure rate, and confirmed cases around this person. This could be the straw that breaks the camel's back on a larger outbreak as well.

Thanks for posting this. Last night Tokyo time I posted about the ship, but had limited knowledge of what took place. I just woke up (Tokyo time) and will be listening to the news soon. Update coming . Off to the hospital for a followup injury.

I believe the cruise ship is Japan's newest liner, but maybe someone here can find that out.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

How fortuitous (love that word, so much fun to say) ... here we are fighting over mortality because of the high number of reported deaths as compared to the number reported recoveries. And here is MedCram breaking down that Lancet paper yet again to dig out some new info that's actually relevant to this.

An important thing to remember: events happen in this order with this virus - 1. you get sick; 2. you die; 3. you recover. And when I put it that way (actually the video does), what is meant is that you will get killed by it faster than you will recover from it in the normal course of things. So if two people get to the hospital with it, the one who is going to die will die before that one who is going to recover.

That means the recovery number is lagging behind the death toll at present.

And none of that takes into consideration the people who never, ever get to the hospital to be tested and counted at all. And they do exist.

Again, the video presents everything talked about in a nice visual/graphical format for those who understand such things better when presented that way. There is also some useful information toward the end too in regards to some other topics that have come up in this thread.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Saw this on Twitter without the sound on and at first I thought it might be people until I put my reading glasses on turned the sound back on. Still not a good day to be a duck in China. But I guess they have got to contain the new bird flu outbreak it would be unthinkable if it mixed with the coronavirus .
twitter.com...
edit on 3-2-2020 by tarifa37 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is a BIG assumption being made here.

That the source of the virus came from 1 bat... unless you think it came from a single person in the bio lab.

Assuming it came from bats... what if 50 bats had it, and 50 people at 50 bats, then you have 50 starting points.

This might explain the "batches" that China talks about.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

"events happen in this order with this virus - 1. you get sick; 2. you die; 3. you recover. "

...you mean... ZOMBIES!!?????

edit on -06:0020201America/ChicagoMon, 03 Feb 2020 16:30:19 -0600_rdAmerica/Chicago0230 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joeshiloh
a reply to: [post=24891017]Agit8dChop[/post

bnonews.com...

There are currently 17,498 confirmed cases worldwide, including 362 fatalities.

www.infowars.com...

PSHUTTLE-SN SEQUENCE PROVES THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC WAS DEFINITELY ENGINEERED IN A LAB

As detailed by James Lyons-Weiler, PhD, founder of the Institute for Pure and Applied Knowledge and author of 57 peer-reviewed publications, an analysis of the gene sequence for the coronavirus finds a peculiar sequence called “pShuttle-SN.” This sequence is is the remnant of a genetic engineering sequence that’s used to insert genes into viruses and bacteria. It provides irrefutable “open source” proof that the coronavirus now circulating in the wild was engineered in a laboratory. Every lab that has the gene sequence can see this for themselves. It’s right out in the open, which is why we describe this revelation as “open source.”

The US military would be able to verify this statement by now. As you all know the spy in the sky are taking in as much as possible including the spread of locations, patients entering the hospitals and all other things that will help in case this epidemic goes wild in the wild.
Also note about the cruise ship in Japan. Not sure what you all know about it, but it docked in Hong Kong, Vietnam and other Asian countries. Now, more to worry about. Those that disembarked, are they now infected also.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

"events happen in this order with this virus - 1. you get sick; 2. you die; 3. you recover. "

I mean, some us have been waiting for this our entire lifetime. The Walking Dead, countless other TV-shows, movies and video games...
BRING ON ZOMBIES, FOR WE SHALL BE CLEANSED

It would be terrifying at first, but I think lots of us would embrace it in the end...
edit on 3-2-2020 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
2,345 new cases and 64 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (Source)

There are currently 19,843 confirmed cases worldwide, including 426 fatalities.

Blah.
edit on 3-2-2020 by ShortBus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

I mean, some us have been waiting for this our entire lifetime. The Walking Dead, countless other TV-shows, movies and video games...

It would be terrifying at first, but I think lots of us would embrace it in the end...

Don't have guns in the UK - would kind of spoil it for me

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
The US military would be able to verify this statement by now.

Don't kid yourself, any coverup that's happening is absolutely known by most of the major players in the world, especially the various branches of the US government. Past history tells us few, if any, of those entities (including all the different US players) will let the people know anything they know and, in fact, it is far more likely that they will toe the line on China's narrative at least until it serves their purpose to finally veer from it.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Yeah ... that's why you read on to get the full explanation of what is meant by that timeline. It is explained.

To put it simply ... It takes roughly 7 days to realize you need to go to the hospital and it might only take you 12 to 15 days to die, but if you're going to live, you might take upwards of 20 to 25 days to get released. So a person will die faster if they're going to die, than they will recover if they're going to live. Hence the funky order of events.
edit on 3-2-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Necrose

Don't have guns in the UK - would kind of spoil it for me

Those of us living in freedom will mourn your passing. Die with honor, cricket bat in hand.

link   

originally posted by: ShortBus
2,345 new cases and 64 new deaths in Hubei province, China. (Source)

There are currently 19,843 confirmed cases worldwide, including 426 fatalities.

Blah.

yup, today's gonna be the lowest increase %-wise

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Wasn't the market supposed to plummet today?
I seem to recall someone here pretending they knew all about the markets.

posted on Feb, 3 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Wasn't the market supposed to plummet today?
I seem to recall someone here pretending they knew all about the markets.

Shanghai Composite closed down 7.72%.
Other markets already priced in this plunge last week

top topics

<< 271  272  273    275  276  277 >>

join