It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has quarantined the city of Wuhan.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Sounds a bit drastic with only 17 deaths and 500 sick to quarantine a whole city . Got to be much worse then they are letting on .

Either that or they've recently learned something they aren't letting on about.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:55 PM
link   
quarantine of a 10 mill plus population

The fish-flu is real

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Sounds a bit drastic with only 17 deaths and 500 sick to quarantine a whole city . Got to be much worse then they are letting on .

Either that or they've recently learned something they aren't letting on about.

If you see page two the stats I posted... its spreading faster than sars did. More or less 5 times faster....

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I wouldn't say 9 to 14 days necessarily. It depends on how long someone sheds virus. So this incubates for 7, but that doesn't mean you are contagious for that time frame.

Ebola incubates for 21 roughly but you only are contagious from onset of fever.

You can shed flu virus I think up to 24 hours before you feel sick.

So what's the window on this? If it's a coronavirus, look at the common cold I'd say for best guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Have they said who it's killing Old and already sick or is it killing young and healthy ?

The young Brit is in his 30s and on a ventilator.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

They did this?

How quickly does the panic set in?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nothin

I wouldn't say 9 to 14 days necessarily. It depends on how long someone sheds virus. So this incubates for 7, but that doesn't mean you are contagious for that time frame.

Ebola incubates for 21 roughly but you only are contagious from onset of fever.

You can shed flu virus I think up to 24 hours before you feel sick.

So what's the window on this? If it's a coronavirus, look at the common cold I'd say for best guess.

In regards to flu... if we talk seasonal flu:
Incubation: up to 7 days, median is 2 days
Contagious: from symptom onset till one day after fever drops - but... mostly the first 3-4 days.

Apparently... i thought incubation was longer.

But the problem is when people take fever dropping meds. That fools infrares scanners because it lowers the body temp.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: flice

Go to this link and read the cited sources 8,9,10,11 please.

Those were my sources for downplaying the severity vs SARS.

link

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Apparently in about 3 hrs. The situation going by the media (both here & foreign) is changing every minute.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:16 PM
link   
They still don't fully know how this spreads.

They know it comes from Wuhan. They know it *can* pass from person to person, but they aren't sure how sustained that is.

As far as they can tell, this may be something in an animal population in Wuhan that keeps spilling over to cause human infections, meaning it passes very readily from animals to people.

But they still don't know how easily it goes from person to person, only that it can.

But they haven't even isolated the animal vector yet. They think maybe bat, but they don't know.
edit on 22-1-2020 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: Nothin
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It seems it takes about 7 days for the symptoms to arise.
Therefore: today's exponential rise in cases and deaths, means they contacted it at least 7 days ago, and deaths some time longer perhaps.

The Chinese confirmed the human-to-human spreading 2 days ago, on Monday.
So has the human-to-human, exponential spreading, been already happening for at least 9-14 days ? Seems likely.

International cases already been declared in a few nations. Contacted 7-10 days ago maybe ?

The contamination could already have gone around the world multiple times, and that's scary !

Please keep your immune systems strong !
Have some garlic and vitamin C every day, and try not to get too exhausted or worn-out.
Heard that elderberrys and licorice might also be helpful for these types os viruses.

Here: have some lemonade !

Lemonade wont do squat for you....10-15 rosehips simmered with 1tsp of coconut oil and 1/2/tsp of honey and you are set......you need to flush the bloodstream with bioavailable Vitamin C.....when you do this the Vitamin C converts to o2 in your bloodstream.....and kills bugs dead.

You actually only need the honey to kill viral infection. The rest helps some but they honey is far more effective than any of those other ingredients.

It's far more effective than ascorbic acid but since C is an essential nutrient you need to consume sources of that daily anyways.

You don't need to cook gross concoctions, you can just eat the honey off a spoon and drink or eat something citrus.
edit on 1/22/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Another thing to note is that they are finding milder cases turning up too. So it's not all doom and gloom.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

link

It is not clear however, whether the 2019-nCoV is of the same severity or lethality as SARS.[8][9][10][11]

Good... so... can you do numbers.... or do you need a text to tell you what to think...

300 in 3 months vs 555 in 1 month..... please tell me you understand

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Its a little late for a quarantine since the virus is already showing up in other cites and other countries. The real problem is how fast new cases are popping up. There is currently speculation that this could be the next Spanish flu - that killed 50 million people worldwide. I think its too early to make a statement like that, but this is spreading quickly and seems to do so quite easily. Based on the rapid increase in new cases I suspect that this virus is either airborne or very highly contagious and tenacious if transmitted through direct contact. Either way this is turning into something serious.

China has a habit of not being entirely forthcoming with information, especially if that information is deleterious to their reputation in some way. Some people believe that China would rather sacrifice a million of its own people than admit it did not have the capability or resources to deal with the outbreak efficiently.

Taiwan is already asking China to release "the real numbers" on this outbreak so the world can be better prepared to deal with it. As of the creation of this post I did not see a response from China to Taiwan's request.

That's all fear mongering.

It's just a bad cold...
SARS was way worse.

I get my info from the WHO and the CDC. I don't know where you get your info.

You grabbed some statistics and took them out of context or failed to account for severity of symptoms etc.

I linked the legit sources already, it's all in there.

Read them then don't weep cuz this is not the end of the world.

There's no way to quarantine it, it's too late, and it's treatable.

Stop listening to the MSM fear mongering propaganda. Please.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Considering Chinese New year is coming and the Chinese tend to travel a lot at that time it should be interesting and no doubt if this virus is bad it will be spread globally if it hasn't already.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think we're all doomed.

. . . . . . . And so it begins. . . . .
edit on 22-1-2020 by DBCowboy because: I am Batman

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
So what good is it to quarantine Wuhan when it's all over China ?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Zombies.

Duh.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: flice

link

It is not clear however, whether the 2019-nCoV is of the same severity or lethality as SARS.[8][9][10][11]

Good... so... can you do numbers.... or do you need a text to tell you what to think...

300 in 3 months vs 555 in 1 month..... please tell me you understand

You definitely didn't have time to read those PDFs.

Go read them.
You stopped at one sentence that was NEUTRAL between our conflicting views.

They said it's unclear, I said go actually read the source info that's based on.

There is a debate and my point of view is still valid. Your out of context statistics are not showing the whole story about how "severe" it is.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

So what good is it to quarantine Wuhan when it's all over China ?

A population of 11 million under limited (I say limited because the “quarantine” imposed only curtails public transportation; it has not been applied to All forms of access) isolation might provide a very effective means of incubation for a communicable virus.

In smaller, well isolated populations, under full and effective quarantine, a disease vector can be reasonably expected to “burn itself out” once all susceptible victims have been infected and/or killed, and new victims are not forthcoming.

With millions of potential hosts, and the less than “total” isolation the stated quarantine imposed, it can be expected that Wuhan will serve as a point of concentration for this virus.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join