It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has quarantined the city of Wuhan.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   
China quarantines Wuhan amid coronavirus outbreak: reports

The Chinese government has quarantined the city of Wuhan and plans to shut down the airport and public transportation within hours amid an outbreak of the coronavirus, according to reports on the country’s social networks. The virus has been linked to at least 17 deaths and has sickened over 500 others.

Time to panic?

edit on 22-1-2020 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Wonderful.

Next we will hear how they manufacture some products for Amazon that are in every state of the u.s.

When is the world going to make China get its # together?
edit on 22-1-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Sounds a bit drastic with only 17 deaths and 500 sick to quarantine a whole city . Got to be much worse then they are letting on .

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Well let's see how this spreads that city is approximately 11 million people in a petri dish.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I wonder if they are use the same game plan there as they did with the pigs

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Sounds a bit drastic with only 17 deaths and 500 sick to quarantine a whole city . Got to be much worse then they are letting on .

I was thinking that... But they might not want a repeat of SARS. So maybe just trying to nip it in the bud.

They got lucky with SARS which essentially snuffed itself out. That could have been a lot worse.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   

As long as you wouldn't be one of the people complaining that they "didnt do enough to prevent this" .

Exactly 0% wrong with taking cautions like this until all or more information is known.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Some interesting info on the origin and spread of the virus from the perspective of a person who has lived in China for many years. Thought he had some good info on the matter. Too tired to transcribe what he relates but here is the YouTube link:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Only takes one zombie bite....

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Only drastic if you actually want the virus to spread to more Country's like it has already.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The pigs/pork in China have been sick for a while. Wonder if this has something to do with that.
Or maybe all the dna sequencing going on. Pollution is as epidemic levels there too. If you watch the docuseries One Child Nation, they show a segment where medical waste (aborted babies) is just strewn about near the water.

Also: When reports say 17 deaths and 500 sickened, that doesn't sound like a lot, but what people have to realize is that the number is usually much much higher, just hasn't been reported yet or has been incorrectly reported.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It seems it takes about 7 days for the symptoms to arise.
Therefore: today's exponential rise in cases and deaths, means they contacted it at least 7 days ago, and deaths some time longer perhaps.

The Chinese confirmed the human-to-human spreading 2 days ago, on Monday.
So has the human-to-human, exponential spreading, been already happening for at least 9-14 days ? Seems likely.

International cases already been declared in a few nations. Contacted 7-10 days ago maybe ?

The contamination could already have gone around the world multiple times, and that's scary !

Please keep your immune systems strong !
Have some garlic and vitamin C every day, and try not to get too exhausted or worn-out.
Heard that elderberrys and licorice might also be helpful for these types os viruses.

Here: have some lemonade !

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I wonder why all these deadly drug-resistant viruses always seem to originate in China??

Kind of makes one wonder if the Chinese are experimenting (badly) with some advanced biological warfare agents.

Any chemical weapons factories or storage areas around the city being quarantined?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

The pigs/pork in China have been sick for a while. Wonder if this has something to do with that.
Or maybe all the dna sequencing going on. Pollution is as epidemic levels there too. If you watch the docuseries One Child Nation, they show a segment where medical waste (aborted babies) is just strewn about near the water.

Also: When reports say 17 deaths and 500 sickened, that doesn't sound like a lot, but what people have to realize is that the number is usually much much higher, just hasn't been reported yet or has been incorrectly reported.

Over population is a breeding ground for all kinds of disease and viruses. I fully expect at some point there will be some sort of black plague like pandemic that will wipe out a significant portion of the population. Natures way of restoring balance.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Most new varieties of the Flu seem to come from Asia, more specifically a part of China. I watched a PBS documentary on it a few years back. There was a historical rationale/evidence for it. Don't remember the exact details.

Trying to keep this genie in it's bottle is a huge challenge. Especially with a 7 day incubation period.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

When we stop going with the lowest bidder.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Well let's see how this spreads that city is approximately 11 million people in a petri dish.

We may get to see it spread in Washington state. There is a case there. I wonder how many people he infected before he went to the hospital?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Spanish flu anyone?

It must be a big concern for the authorities to gridlock an entire city, after all Chinese cities are very densely populated areas, so it was a wise decision to make.

The scary thing is it's immune to vaccines, and it's incubation is two weeks before symptoms show, so Chinese scientists need to collaborate with other nations medical institutions post haste.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Back in the day, in my younger years as a college student, I took a graduate class in epidemiology.

Now I don't know much, am a little slow, have a tiny brain. . . . but I'm figuring that the time to quarantine was 2 weeks ago.

Quarantining now is like watching a house fire and calling for an estimate on a sprinkler system.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Little Flu tip, (or cold)

Don't lay flat on your back at all.
Sleep with several pillows to prop you up.
It will keep fluids out of your lungs and it turning into pneumonia.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join