It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has quarantined the city of Wuhan.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Its a little late for a quarantine since the virus is already showing up in other cites and other countries. The real problem is how fast new cases are popping up. There is currently speculation that this could be the next Spanish flu - that killed 50 million people worldwide. I think its too early to make a statement like that, but this is spreading quickly and seems to do so quite easily. Based on the rapid increase in new cases I suspect that this virus is either airborne or very highly contagious and tenacious if transmitted through direct contact. Either way this is turning into something serious.

China has a habit of not being entirely forthcoming with information, especially if that information is deleterious to their reputation in some way. Some people believe that China would rather sacrifice a million of its own people than admit it did not have the capability or resources to deal with the outbreak efficiently.

Taiwan is already asking China to release "the real numbers" on this outbreak so the world can be better prepared to deal with it. As of the creation of this post I did not see a response from China to Taiwan's request.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:41 PM
link   
From the video which I already knew; no FDA, no regulations. Everything dumped in gutters and sewers. No cleaning agents. If they need cooking oil in some of these markets, they go get buckets of it in the sewers. Not kidding. My wife went their for business. She was told not to eat in town. Don't even think about it.

As for CCTV, in many cities in the US it's broadcasted over antenna TV. I have an antenna and could not believed they are allowed to broadcast a communist channel in the US. Crazy. I don't think many watch it. I deleted it when it popped up but it blew me away. Here we are fighting with them over trade, intellectual theft and we let them broadcast their state TV here lol!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Few days ago I read that china had reached out to WHO and that startled me, first words out of my mouth were I wonder how bad it really is.

honestly if its bad, the cat is already out of the bag... but if not I am glad to see China taking steps to limit things and being more open about it.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Have they said who it's killing Old and already sick or is it killing young and healthy ?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Oh my god.... that video, he explains how they went ahead with a potluck banquet for 100.000 people 7 km fra that market.... 2 days after they had 49 cases of infection.
And chinese new year on top......

edit on 22/1/20 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I've been following this outbreak pretty closely.

It's being way overblown and exaggerated. Most people seem pretty resistant and the death rates lower than SARS. It's pretty mild actually.

Not anything to worry about.

Them calling a quarantine is silly. The virus is already spreading globally.

It's just a nasty form of a cold, basically.
It's unlikely to be the big one by any stretch...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   
China quarantines a city of 11 million, the supposed locus of a deadly virus outbreak.

The virus has an incubation period of approximately two weeks.

San Francisco international airport has instituted screenings for passengers arriving from China.

But, we all know how effective airport screenings are in relation to other “contraband”.

One of the largest Chinese New Year celebrations in the US is currently set to take place in San Francisco on February 8, just over two weeks from today.

Why does this sound like the opening chapter to a really scary Sci-Fi novel?

Better question:

Why can’t someone come up with an original plot?

edit on 22-1-2020 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Its a little late for a quarantine since the virus is already showing up in other cites and other countries. The real problem is how fast new cases are popping up. There is currently speculation that this could be the next Spanish flu - that killed 50 million people worldwide. I think its too early to make a statement like that, but this is spreading quickly and seems to do so quite easily. Based on the rapid increase in new cases I suspect that this virus is either airborne or very highly contagious and tenacious if transmitted through direct contact. Either way this is turning into something serious.

China has a habit of not being entirely forthcoming with information, especially if that information is deleterious to their reputation in some way. Some people believe that China would rather sacrifice a million of its own people than admit it did not have the capability or resources to deal with the outbreak efficiently.

Taiwan is already asking China to release "the real numbers" on this outbreak so the world can be better prepared to deal with it. As of the creation of this post I did not see a response from China to Taiwan's request.

That's all fear mongering.

It's just a bad cold...
SARS was way worse.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Well let's see how this spreads that city is approximately 11 million people in a petri dish.

We may get to see it spread in Washington state. There is a case there. I wonder how many people he infected before he went to the hospital?

Well, he landed at SeaTac and traveled up to Snohomish County--one county North of Seattle. Who knows how many people he sneezed on or who breathed in his air on the airplane. But I tell you what, I'm going to worry about that as much as I worry about my cats giving me TB.

Edit to add: He's being held in isolation at the moment.
edit on 1/22/2020 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:13 PM
link   
In less than 5 hours Wuhan goes on total lockdown... City of 11 million or 19 mil total metro. Damn!
The coronavirus has now spread to many parts of China and to other countries including Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Taiwan, and the United States, with suspected cases elsewhere.

twitter.com...

For anyone interested this site is tracking the 2019-nCoV spread in real-time. Cases and locations can be viewed here and data available for download.

Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases Tracker

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

It's just a bad cold...
SARS was way worse.

So I guess thats why they are closing down a city of 11 million people.... no leaving, no public transport. I mean shouldnt you be overthere... telling them they are doing it wrong, that you know better because you have been following it closely?

/facepalm

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Note that the only source that is calling this a “quarantine” is Fox News. While it’s no small thing that they’re closing the airport and shutting down public transportation, the city is not being literally “quarantined” or “locked down”.

originally posted by: flice

It's just a bad cold...
SARS was way worse.

So I guess thats why they are closing down a city of 11 million people.... no leaving, no public transport. I mean shouldnt you be overthere... telling them they are doing it wrong, that you know better because you have been following it closely?

/facepalm

edit on 22-1-2020 by DOcean because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:24 PM
link   

It's just a bad cold...
SARS was way worse.

/facepalm

So everything govt and the MSM says and does must be legit and based entirely on reality??

I can't believe you still believe in anything they say then want to talk # to someone who questions and disagreed with your masters.

Go hide under the bed and shake in your boots OVER A COLD VIRUS...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It's just a bad cold...
SARS was way worse.

I get my info from the WHO and the CDC. I don't know where you get your info. I saw things that made me concerned. I said i don't think its time to make over the top statements, but I am not going to dismiss it out of hand either. You saw things that convinced you this is nothing more than a bad cold and that sars was way worse.

How many entire cities were completely quarantined for SARS?

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   

It's just a bad cold...
SARS was way worse.

/facepalm

So everything govt and the MSM says and does must be legit and based entirely on reality??

I can't believe you still believe in anything they say then want to talk # to someone who questions and disagreed with your masters.

Go hide under the bed and shake in your boots OVER A COLD VIRUS...

Im not shaking... i think the chinese handled this extremely badly. But saying its nothing is also dumb. Incubation periode is about two weeks.... and they close down now?! They should have been on top of this from the first case with their sars experience. Instead they hold a large banquet for 100.000 in the vicinity of the virus market.
Its also air borne as well as touch....

You dont shut down an entire city with more inhabitants than some countries for fun. So dont play it down. Thats how things turn bad. Better to react with hastily intent and then look back and say “ok we over reacted” than looking back and think “# we reacted too late.... because we thoguht it probaby wouldnt might maybe be so bad”

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DOcean

Note that the only source that is calling this a “quarantine” is Fox News.

well here is a search page that has 5 sources other than fox that says they did.

China has quarantined the city of Wuhan

this from the first sources not fox news,

On Wednesday, local disease-control authorities in Wuhan issued an order to quarantine the city, which is slated to go into effect at 10 a.m. local time on Thursday. The order stops all public transportation, including city buses, trains, and ferries. It also prevents any buses or trains from coming into or leaving the city and grounds all planes at the Wuhan airport.
Wuhan, China, is about to be quarantined as the coronavirus outbreak grows. The city has 3 million more residents than New York City.

edit on 22-1-2020 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
WHO Director 👇

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus
‏Verified account @DrTedros

The decision about whether or not to declare a public health emergency of international concern on new coronavirus is one I take extremely seriously, and one I am only prepared to make with appropriate consideration of all the evidence.
4:25 PM - 22 Jan 2020
twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

It seems it takes about 7 days for the symptoms to arise.
Therefore: today's exponential rise in cases and deaths, means they contacted it at least 7 days ago, and deaths some time longer perhaps.

The Chinese confirmed the human-to-human spreading 2 days ago, on Monday.
So has the human-to-human, exponential spreading, been already happening for at least 9-14 days ? Seems likely.

International cases already been declared in a few nations. Contacted 7-10 days ago maybe ?

The contamination could already have gone around the world multiple times, and that's scary !

Please keep your immune systems strong !
Have some garlic and vitamin C every day, and try not to get too exhausted or worn-out.
Heard that elderberrys and licorice might also be helpful for these types os viruses.

Here: have some lemonade !

Lemonade wont do squat for you....10-15 rosehips simmered with 1tsp of coconut oil and 1/2/tsp of honey and you are set......you need to flush the bloodstream with bioavailable Vitamin C.....when you do this the Vitamin C converts to o2 in your bloodstream.....and kills bugs dead.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Sars vs Corona V

Sars:
First case: nov. 16
Toll feb 14: 304 infected 5 deaths

CoronaV:
First case: mid dec
Toll jan 22: 555 infected 17 deaths

Sure.... sars was much worse...... in 1 month corona has caused more damage than sars did in the first 3
edit on 22/1/20 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: Nothin

It seems it takes about 7 days for the symptoms to arise.
Therefore: today's exponential rise in cases and deaths, means they contacted it at least 7 days ago, and deaths some time longer perhaps.

The Chinese confirmed the human-to-human spreading 2 days ago, on Monday.
So has the human-to-human, exponential spreading, been already happening for at least 9-14 days ? Seems likely.

International cases already been declared in a few nations. Contacted 7-10 days ago maybe ?

The contamination could already have gone around the world multiple times, and that's scary !

Please keep your immune systems strong !
Have some garlic and vitamin C every day, and try not to get too exhausted or worn-out.
Heard that elderberrys and licorice might also be helpful for these types os viruses.

Here: have some lemonade !

Lemonade wont do squat for you....10-15 rosehips simmered with 1tsp of coconut oil and 1/2/tsp of honey and you are set......you need to flush the bloodstream with bioavailable Vitamin C.....when you do this the Vitamin C converts to o2 in your bloodstream.....and kills bugs dead.

Corona isnt bacterial and vitamin C has mumerous times been affirmed as helping anything in regards to shortening illness. Even if you wanted to do some sort of prevention you have to eat fresh food because the vitamins that are manufactured are of such poor quality that our body struggles to absorb them

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join