It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China has quarantined the city of Wuhan.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Its a little late for a quarantine since the virus is already showing up in other cites and other countries. The real problem is how fast new cases are popping up. There is currently speculation that this could be the next Spanish flu - that killed 50 million people worldwide. I think its too early to make a statement like that, but this is spreading quickly and seems to do so quite easily. Based on the rapid increase in new cases I suspect that this virus is either airborne or very highly contagious and tenacious if transmitted through direct contact. Either way this is turning into something serious.

China has a habit of not being entirely forthcoming with information, especially if that information is deleterious to their reputation in some way. Some people believe that China would rather sacrifice a million of its own people than admit it did not have the capability or resources to deal with the outbreak efficiently.

Taiwan is already asking China to release "the real numbers" on this outbreak so the world can be better prepared to deal with it. As of the creation of this post I did not see a response from China to Taiwan's request.

That's all fear mongering.

It's just a bad cold...
SARS was way worse.

I get my info from the WHO and the CDC. I don't know where you get your info.

You grabbed some statistics and took them out of context or failed to account for severity of symptoms etc.

I linked the legit sources already, it's all in there.

Read them then don't weep cuz this is not the end of the world.

There's no way to quarantine it, it's too late, and it's treatable.

Stop listening to the MSM fear mongering propaganda. Please.

The last gasp of a failed argument... "Don't believe the media - believe the media 'I' believe"

You said SARS was worse. It clearly is not. For some unfathomable reason you believe your propaganda is believable where mine is not. Mine comes from the two sources capable of giving a proper threat assessment - since that is their job. Both of them believe this is serious enough to warrant quarantining an entire city.

I guess you should get your know-it-all butt over there and tell them they are making a big deal out of a simple cold and tell them they should stop interfering in peoples lives and leave them be. And if by chance it all does go to hell, you can sit here blaming the corrupt media for misinforming you.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   
CHINA TRACES NEW STRAIN OF VIRUS TO SEAFOOD MARKET

Warning, some gory food displays but revealing on how these viruses start

LINK

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
a reply to: Notoneofyou

When we stop going with the lowest bidder.

I agree.

I really do.

If.it was my way, we would have a clean ports, clean work system.

No imports accepted if they aren't inspected, and steps to prevent communicable diseases and fair labor practices aren't used.

But I'm not currently running a country, so there is very little I can do as one human.

But yes, I do realize it's because of raw consumerism.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Can anyone suggest any good websites that are quick on the updates?

I normally use twitter, but the #coronavirus #wuhan etc all seem to be throttled. I need to go looking at specific accounts to see updates.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

This site is tracking the 2019-nCoV spread in real-time. Cases and locations can be viewed here and data available for download. You can also click the data source links in lower right of the map that will take you to WHO/CDC/NHC sources.

Wuhan Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) Global Cases

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

thanks, appreciate it!

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Quarantining a city of 11 million people?

How the hell does that work?

NYC I’m very familiar with of 8 million. I can’t see that working

Don’t let anyone out and don’t let anyone in?

Is that how that works

Guard the bridges, roads and shoot anyone trying to get in or out?

Of course, I’m being facetious but who knows.

WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said "we commend" Chinese officials on the Wuhan ban on outbound travel, calling it a "strong action" to halt the spread of the disease.
"This is an extraordinary move, given the size of the population and the amount of travel expected during the Lunar New Year," said Rebecca Katz of Georgetown University's Center for Global Health Science and Security, in a statement on the travel ban. "There is fear that such a move will only push people to take action to avoid authorities and leave the city via other means, and possibly incite panic."

www.buzzfeednews.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: putnam6
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Well let's see how this spreads that city is approximately 11 million people in a petri dish.

We may get to see it spread in Washington state. There is a case there. I wonder how many people he infected before he went to the hospital?

Well, he landed at SeaTac and traveled up to Snohomish County--one county North of Seattle. Who knows how many people he sneezed on or who breathed in his air on the airplane. But I tell you what, I'm going to worry about that as much as I worry about my cats giving me TB.

Edit to add: He's being held in isolation at the moment.

I’m not worried about the coronavirus either.
But my plan to make other people worry about cats giving them TB seems to be failing miserably.
That bothers me a little.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I heard that.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Quarantining a city of 11 million people? How the hell does that work?

Totalitarian communist government.

Makes everything easier when you don't have to worry about pesky things like rights.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Looks like it came from snakes:

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:03 PM
link   
How come it's just one more serious epidemic originating from China? Why not India full of slums. That would make more sense to me. It looks to me that someone is testing something, trying to inject certain things with a vaccine or simply doing it for his own amusement.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:04 PM
link   
All the twitterFear hype reminds me of a movie.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SimpleIdea
Some interesting info on the origin and spread of the virus from the perspective of a person who has lived in China for many years. Thought he had some good info on the matter. Too tired to transcribe what he relates but here is the YouTube link:

I know we have members here living in Asia at the moment (me included), but hey folks, this stuff is VERY BIG NEWS here and yet for this island (Japan/Okinawa) the govt. hasn't issued a no entry for people flying in from China. Already we have known cases of it now here.
Sad part is as stated in the video, it does go from human to human. Remember , we have rush hour traffic on the subways in Tokyo. If this Coronavirus hits big time, I just don't think the Japanese govt is up to par on how to handle it. The hospitals today are over crowded with elderly with flu systems as is already.
Stay safe everyone.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

That movie was on HBO over the weekend, lol.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes, it goes from human to human, but how easily?

Is it standard cold/flu easy or something less? If the former, we're in deep trouble. If the latter, then we might just be able to cancel the apocalypse. No one seems to have an answer for that yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound cynical, but if China is saying 600 infected and 17 dead, the numbers are probably 10,000 infected, 300 dead.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: musicismagic

Yes, it goes from human to human, but how easily?

Is it standard cold/flu easy or something less? If the former, we're in deep trouble. If the latter, then we might just be able to cancel the apocalypse. No one seems to have an answer for that yet.

It will not wipe mankind off the planet. Just sadly it is effecting those with weak immune systems, old and very young and or those in squaller. unfortunately we do not truly understand it and we know it can mutate, as far as air borne similar to influenza.

Not to mention the reports official are probably conservative because I am sure most who have been effected did not rush to the hospital and let’s not forget people have already gotten, sick and recovered so, ya apocalypses are a little pre mature. Yes thou it has the potential to kill a very small percentage of the world population how high depends on it mutation. Let’s hope it de elvolves.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

I'm hoping it doesn't get into the West Coast homeless camps.

posted on Jan, 22 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wild Oregano Oil & the Coronavirus

Hope…?

“In tissue culture the wild oregano oil virtually completely destroyed the human coronavirus, a 99.9% kill, in a mere 20 minutes. The coronavirus is the microbe responsible for nearly 50% of the infections diagnosed as the common cold or pneumonia and is solely responsible for SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome).”

hyssophealth.com...

holisticprimarycare.net...

I am gonna do some more research & might get some to have on hand for any of the yucky airborn stuff floating around now.
edit on 22-1-2020 by SeekingDepth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join