It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LIVE Coverage Of The Virginia Gun Rights Rally Starts At 8 AM

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Look at the #storm over singular laws in VA. Think it will be an easier ride in WV if those bills come close to passage that shunt the Feds out? I was invited to go to Richmond to watch the show live and I live in SW Ohio. You better believe there are people from further away there. It will be no different in WV, only there will be those with a much bigger agenda in attendance.

Virginia is but the first test case. Ohio has similar laws in the pipeline and has some interesting preparations ongoing. But that is for another thread.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Popped one already that was working...

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sooooo many guns there! Why hasn't a single gun shot someone yet? If guns are so dangerous, you would think that with so many in one place, there would be one that shoots.

Oh wait... Inanimate object. But still guns are to blame.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Ummm...why is it...that I feel extremely comfortable...around a group of citizens open carrying/concealed carrying...

Extremely comfortable...at home comfortable...?

Those patriots bring the pride...wish I was there...

YouSir

How comfortable would you feel if it was a group of black males with marching with firearms? Would they be thugs or patriots?
edit on 20-1-2020 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Ummm...why is it...that I feel extremely comfortable...around a group of citizens open carrying/concealed carrying...

YouSir

How comfortable would you feel if it was a group of black males with marching with firearms? Would they be thugs or patriots?

and here comes the race card....
when all else fails.....

you should be ashamed

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Plenty of black men there with their guns

pjmedia.com...

pjmedia.com...

Law abiding minorities stand to lose as much as anyone else, maybe more if they live in poorer neighborhoods with high crime.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You do know there are black people there with firearms, right?

Why bring up race?

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The best part if the empty fenced off zone created by the Democrats. How ironic. They called it a "freedom zone". Well it is ... free of everything and everyone. No one is "free" if they cannot exercise their basic rights in the zone.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly.

When a govt. ceases to fear its citizens...that's when tyranny begins. They should be nervous, they should fear us.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Oh, psht!

You know it's only a matter of time before one of those vicious assault rifles flies off someone's back and starts shooting willy-nilly ... just like a poorly socialized, badly bred pit bull.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

How do you see it?

I, personally, see it as both. As it should be. Govt. should be intimidated, and it is an expression of a Constitutionally protected right.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: terrapincb

...and what good does that do in curbing crime??

Criminals can find handguns anywhere. I know I can...

All this does is make it harder for law abiding citizens.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

That is, after all, the goal, right? ]

Never in your lifetime, arrived at by any means necessary.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Seems like the only one dying so far is Governor Northam; just a little bit more on the inside because there have not been any problems despite all those guns present.

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Personally? I'd have no issue.

It's actions that matter, not "maybe" or "might".

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

YouSir

Ummm...I would feel comfortable...very comfortable...at home comfortable...

You see...I've already had the distinct pleasure of being around open carrying people of all races and genders...

And you know what...they are all my brothers and sisters...

Every statement we make...every moment...is a child of context...

Contextually...within the framework of your question...I would feel pride and at home...whether it be my crib...or theirs...

On this day...of all the days you might have made such a statement as you did...I would merely remind..."it's the content of their character...not the color of their skin"...that matters to me...

Dr. Martin Luther King was a man...like any other...flawed...yet striving to make a better world...

As should we all...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

On this day...of all the days you might have made such a statement as you did...I would merely remind..."it's the content of their character...not the color of their skin"...that matters to me...

well posted

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

How do you see it?

I, personally, see it as both. As it should be. Govt. should be intimidated, and it is an expression of a Constitutionally protected right.

It was just a rhetorical question. Thought there might be an interesting response now that ATS is almost completely leaning to the right.

I find American culture fascinating with all it's stratification into different tribes.

edit on 20-1-2020 by olaru12 because: brenda ??

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

It's almost like he doesn't get that today of all days only an idiot of any color would show up with a gun and ill intent. You are either the safest there you will ever be or someone is gonna die real, real quick because someone was just plain stupid.

The only possible reason anyone would take a gun and create havoc there would be to try to prove a political point for gun laws. Your basic garden variety thug is not that person.

You have more reason to fear pasty white guys with their faces covered on this day. They're ANTIFA, and they're here to "help".

posted on Jan, 20 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Rhetorical?

You can still answer it. I did.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join